Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1174
<< 1171  1172  1173    1175  1176  1177 >>

join

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I have managed to pull together quite a few of the thread-referenced HTML pages and I have weeded out the duplicates and the ones which are not good links. (for many reasons) What is left is about 2000+ (maybe a lot more as I have not finished yet) items.

How do we catalogue them on a webpage?
How do we display them and in what order.

Obviously we want links to the object pages themselves with titles(

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Japanese Don't Want a Nuclear Future 04Jan12 - Bloomberg News

As the ground shook on the opening day of 2012, the immediate concern was the nuclear facilities at Tokyo Electric Power Co.’s plants in Fukushima. Thankfully, the quake didn't cause fresh damage -- this time.

But what about next time? In a June Asahi newspaper poll, 74 percent favored Japan over time decommissioning all 54 reactors. Actions by the government, reinforced by Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda's press conference today, suggest the opposite is afoot. Japanese want a nuclear-free future, and yet the government is back to coddling the power industry.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
I have managed to pull together quite a few of the thread-referenced HTML pages and I have weeded out the duplicates and the ones which are not good links. (for many reasons) What is left is about 2000+ (maybe a lot more as I have not finished yet) items.

Obviously we want links to the object pages themselves with titles(

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Unit 1: What's up with the S/C Pressure?

Rather erratic...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And thanks Z for the EQ info!

- Purple Chive

Yup something is going on...
www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Since December 22, 2011, the atmospheric temperatures at point C of Unit 1 Primary Containment Vessel (PCV) monitored by the Containment Atmospheric Monitoring System had risen (the atmospheric temperature of the PCV on December 22 was approx. 38°C, at 7 pm on December 27 was approx. 49°C). The other temperatures had not risen, so we conducted a survey checking the reliability of the meters from 9 am to 10 am on December 28, and we confirmed that there are no problems. From 11:00am to 12:15pm on the same day, we adjusted the volume of Nitrogen injection, from approx. 8 m3/h to approx.18 m3/h, and emission of the gas management system, from approx. 23 m3/h to approx.30 m3/h, in order to identify the cause by monitoring the system with the same injection and emission volume as before December 22. The temperature went up to approx. 54.6°C at 6 pm on December 28 and fell to approx. 42.3°C at 11:00 am on January 4, 2012. Temperatures at other two points also indicated slight increases but are currently in the stable status. Point D: (Maximum) approx. 35.8°C at 5:00 pm on December 29, 2011 → approx. 32.1°C at 11:00 am on January 4, 2012. Point E: (Maximum) approx. 40.0°C at 5:00 pm on December 29, 2011 → approx. 35.1°C at 11:00 am on January 4, 2012. We will continuously conduct the survey for the cause of temperature increase and surveillance of the plant.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 5-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
I am curious as to why those 2 dudes with using the Angular Borer are not
wearing any protective gear, unless that was just a demo photo....sorry if I
missed something.

Cheers
Ektar

Wondered the same thing too Ektar...and the validity of the whole thing...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I would suggest that it be converted to a spreadsheet, which can be hosted on google docs. Then it can be visually displayed in a force-directed graph by title or by tag.

It would only require a few columns, and would be really useful in a hyper-connective environment. Readers could suggest new tags for links, which would increase the connectivity over-time.

Very useful list, I have quite a few as well that still need formatting, they should all be compiled in a centralized location in my opinion.

Great work, thanks

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

Ive started downloading the whole web page as well, not just the pF forum and here. Its allot easier that copying and pasting etc but the fact that there is no descriptor has already proven a bummer. I think enformable might have a good idea.

Good work Q

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

From 11:00am to 12:15pm on the same day, we adjusted the volume of Nitrogen injection, from approx. 8 m3/h to approx.18 m3/h, and emission of the gas management system, from approx. 23 m3/h to approx.30 m3/h, in order to identify the cause

Wow, nitro up to 18m3/h. I think thats the most Ive ever seen. Ill check. Cant be a good sign though. more than doubling nitro all of a sudden. Re-criticality?

And at the same time they are emitting 30m3/h of gas. That means that currently 12 m3/h being emitted from the plant is being produced inside or under containment and isnt nitrogen. before that there was even more gaseous emissions from that reactor, as in 15 m3/h. These emissions can only be active as far as I can see. I wonder if there is some way to estimate the level of Sv being released. Im pretty sure none of this is included in their emission totals.

ON EDIT: and when you include it with this little tidbit from EX SKF Id say its time for another vacation. And you gotta love a govt that sends the following with no explanation. If you lived near a chem plant and one day they sent you a gas mask, youd be concerned yes.

Speaking of potassium iodide, there are tweets from the residents in Iwaki City, Fukushima Prefecture that they just received an envelope from the city that contained potassium iodide pills. They are wondering why, and wondering if Reactor 4 is as safe as TEPCO has said after the water level decrease in the Skimmer Surge Tank.
edit on 5-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
And for anyone who has questioned the importance of forums and blogs during this crisis, this is excellent reading; ex-skf.blogspot.com...

some quotes

My husband, whom I shared the same values and whom I trusted, has changed. When I try to talk to him about the nuclear plant accident, the color leaves his face and he becomes angry.

My mother....says I'm too nervous...and thinks I've gone crazy.

.....told her to be careful with food she ate. My sister hasn't contacted me since.

No family member nor friend understood me, I was alone. With horrible news, I was crying by myself every day in the early days of the accident.

Now, I'm active in anti-nuke plant movements. To have met with the like-minded people via the Internet is the happiest thing for me.

Been there done that and got both the t-shirt and the decal.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

From 11:00am to 12:15pm on the same day, we adjusted the volume of Nitrogen injection, from approx. 8 m3/h to approx.18 m3/h, and emission of the gas management system, from approx. 23 m3/h to approx.30 m3/h, in order to identify the cause

Wow, nitro up to 18m3/h. I think thats the most Ive ever seen. Ill check. Cant be a good sign though. more than doubling nitro all of a sudden. Re-criticality?

And at the same time they are emitting 30m3/h of gas. That means that currently 12 m3/h being emitted from the plant is being produced inside or under containment and isnt nitrogen. before that there was even more gaseous emissions from that reactor, as in 15 m3/h. These emissions can only be active as far as I can see. I wonder if there is some way to estimate the level of Sv being released. Im pretty sure none of this is included in their emission totals.

I may be missing something here but just for clarification,,,

1. started with 8 m3/h and output at 23 m3/h ( 8+15=23 ) or ( 35%+65%=100% )
2. increase to 18 m3/h and output at 30 m3/h ( 18+12=30 ) or ( 60%+40%=100% )

Does this mean initially 65% of the emissions were something other than what they were injecting but bumping up the injection rate dramatically drops that to 40% of emissions? Additionally I notice injection of Nitrogen has increased 225% while emissions have only increased 130% and emissions of something other than what they were injecting is now at 80% of what it was. So the increased Nitrogen cooled things enough to lower the emissions of ? (steam from groundwater ?) but we now are looking at 30 m3/h of hot stuff coming out. I wonder how much the output would be without the increased injection, or would it have exploded?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Pretty confusing huh. I dont get it either. but ive learned to only use Tepco data as a loose and underestimated approximation of the truth.

Now add this to the above about iodine pills and EQs near the plant on top of the added need for nitro and it really starts looking peculiar and peculiar. fukushima-diary.com...

Breaking News: After the quake of 1/1, Fukushima had fallout more than 30 days of Nov

ON EDIT: it sure would be nice if everything was reported in an easy to understand fashion ie Mega Bqs, microSieverts, CPM, rem. Of course, as someone once said it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work a nuke plant as you have to be much smarter than that.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Im just learning all of this so this may be wrong. Im trying to put things into perspective with the readings from Tokyo. A MBq is a Mega Becquerel, or one million becquerel. This is disintegration’s per second. To convert to CPM multiply by 60 (seconds), so a MBq is 60,000,000 CPM. Now figure that on one day the readings for Cesium combined was 432 MBq which is 25,920,000,000 CPM/km2.

Can this be right or am I fugging up the math again. If someone on the west coast got a reading of 26 billion CPM, wouldnt everyone be running for the hills. So this isnt right. There has to be another step and I kinda realize that we are talking about a mass km/2 which is kilometers squared yes. So how does one convert this to CPM.

When they said to me in school that math is important cause one day math would save my life, I didnt realize they were talking about radiation.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
From Mainichi Daily News mdn.mainichi.jp...

Theyve hardly even begun to burn off rad waste, and they already have this at just one of the incineration facilities. The stored ash is greater than 8000 Bqs, but how much greater. Each drum could be a dirty bomb all by itself. And note they say below 1049 drums, and the picture below is only >200 drums. Theres tons more around the corner so to speak.

And where is all of the ash from all the incineration that needs to be done going to go. It amazes me that you can show this stuff to nukies and all the say is something like, "well, if we hadn't closed Yucca mtn some of it could be stored here." the reality of then situation doesn't faze them at all.

Kashiwa stops operation of incinerator again as radioactive ash fills up storage

KASHIWA, Chiba -- The municipal government here suspended the operation of one of its main incinerators again on Jan. 5 as a storage facility at the waste disposal factory was filled up with incinerated ash contaminated with radioactive substances emitted from the crippled Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant.

The operation of the city's Nambu (south) Clean Center had previously been suspended for about two months from last September. It is not clear when the city can resume operation of the incinerator this time because it has not been able to secure new space to store incinerated radioactive ash.

According to the Kashiwa Municipal Government, the Nambu Clean Center is storing about 200 metric tons (about 1,049 waste drums) of incinerated ash whose radiation levels are higher than the national limit of 8,000 becquerels per kilogram for landfill. The storage space there is now filled with drums, and there is also about 30 tons of incinerated ash left in the incinerator.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Obama has just put out the new defense budget with this statement;

"We'll be strengthening our presence in the Asia Pacific, and budget reductions will not come at the expense of this critical region," he said.

Oh yeah, like all the help weve given to Fukushima prefecture.

What kind of critical is he talking about.

And Im sure the people of the Orient are tickled pink from this info. Just what they wanted for Christmas, more of us. Yeah that'll help. NOT.

It reminds me of the other forgotten quake victims in Haiti. Ask them about all the help we supposedly dished out and their reaction is "What help?????"

But strengthening our military presence in the Orient is important. Obama is such a stooge that he's downright embarrassing. At least with Bush we knew where we stood, or kneeled, or bent over for. Obama is still 'playing the Im a progressive leftist who just keeps running into a Republican wall that wont let me do what I really want to'.

And stupid fugging Americans are still buying it.

Where's Fidel when you really need him.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
A very good vid. I guess the cores are doing some steam injection.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Arnie Gundersen and Helen Caldicott

So concrete pops like popcorn eh?... Nuclear popcorn?....the flashes/ejections?

Leuren Monet and Jim Fetzer

And a shallow quake under fuk.
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hi Enformable,

I would suggest that it be converted to a spreadsheet, which can be hosted on google docs. Then it can be visually displayed in a force-directed graph by title or by tag.

It would only require a few columns, and would be really useful in a hyper-connective environment. Readers could suggest new tags for links, which would increase the connectivity over-time.

Very useful list, I have quite a few as well that still need formatting, they should all be compiled in a centralized location in my opinion.

Normally I would agree with you, but I have tried to conform with the site rules when using site content and it says that we should give credit where it came from and who posted it. Also, I have tried to acknowledge the dedication, persistence, time and effort taken to collect the information by only accepting links coming from the ATS forum.

I am able to do this in the program on my own site and I have done it with the other lists of PDFs and youtube links.

However, if these links are posted to Google, they are then subject to Googles terms and conditions and under their control - not ours any longer. If we encourage group additions in a place which is not 'secure' then we risk losing it and all of the good work, time and effort people have put in. We also lose the 'attribution' to ATS forum.

We all know that the arm of the nuclear industry is long and reaches out to all corners of the internet and particularly when there may be (Japanese) national security issues at stake, we have to bear this in mind.

Google is good, but still under the thumb of the authorities and we do not know who are our friends and who are our enemies at the moment. Diversification and splitting up of the information throughout many members hard drives is the best way to combat a concerted effort to close down the information stream. A single central location is good not only for us but for them too.

Am I paranoid? Maybe.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This question kept coming up repeatedly in forums and blogs in the beginning. This is from PF.
tcups
Pg39) March 20th

Re: Japan Earthquake: nuclear plants

On the live feed, it was just confirmed that there were high-level radioactive debris on the ground around unit 4 hampering the efforts to spray water on the reactors and SFP. Tanks with bulldozer blades are to be used to clear the debris to make access possible. If the reactor cores are intact and the radiation released was only from vented steam, I wouldn't expect high-level debris requiring shielded metal tanks to remove them to be necessary. This sounds more like the contents of the SFPs may be scattered about, does it not?

What other high level debris might be scattered by explosions that spared the reactor cores other than spent fuel rods?

The post above is from the 20th of March. They couldn't bring in the putzmeister to water the SFP because of high rads. They had to bring in a specially lined tank with probably one operator covered in the best protection afforded.

When first reading this I assumed it had to be spent fuel rods, until the first reactor building diagram layouts hit the net, and then it was obvious that the SFPs were in the far other side of the building and at least 10 feet below the opening. Then videos in April showed no damage to the rods in the pool, confirming that it wasn't spent fuel. So I theorized that a section of the reactor cap from R3 had been blown free over R4 and landed in the back area near the transformers. But the R3 blast video kept disputing that one too, and it doesnt appear that there is a large chunk of reactor or anything landing there.

Then I saw the photos of what looks like the same kind of slag (that was erroneously called poolium and is now refered to by me as effium from here after) pouring out the right side of the section of back building between the reactor building and the turbine building. And I remembered that this area was the only area that had been roped off since the first week of the disaster until July or August. And it was where the first 1 Sv piece of something was found I think in late May that can be seen in third pic.

The pics below are I think from Aug maybe later. They cut out the pipes from R4s TB and there is an access lane. The area that is still sectioned off is to the far right and has been dug out.

another shot I posted early fall. Late summer again and that area between R4 and the southend complex is where all the digging stuff with long arms was working.

This project was one of the first they undertook. And why all the bright unexplained lights on that area this summer. The effium on both the north and southeast sides of R4 were their primary concerns. For me this pretty much answers the last two mysteries needing to be solved. At least as far as the R4 is concerned.

A) I couldn't put together why the area from the R4 turbine building and back of reactor over to the 4 stack and Exhaust House (EH) was cordoned off for so long. Its one of the reasons I examined the EH so closely, I figured whatever the problem was it had to come from there. Then the cordoned off area got moved in towards R4's back building and 4's TB, allowing access up the road, and eliminating EH as the concern.

I believe they may have reduced the levels of contamination by bulldozing it with the tank, but just enough for a putzmeister to get close. (Was the putzmeister bot controlled or was there an operator inside. it appears bot in the pic below). That was a serious load of slag, a friggin river of radiation, and it took them most of the summer to get rid of it. Thats why we dont see any photos of that area in the Valley of Death all summer. Im assuming its whats buried underneath the new parking lot in front of R1

and B) Why did one of the electrical feed lines from the Tohoku Nuclear Power Line go to the south wall of either R4s back building or the TB. (The other two went to the CSFP and EH which made sense as feeds into the UC). I still dont know what the connection is, but it looks like R4 and 4s TB
are intricately connected to the UC. As the last reactor system built in the Valley of Death this too now makes sense.

Another question answered is why they refused to release thermals until after the 20th. Four was too hot. Way too hot. The pool of slag in the southeast corner alone would take a while to cool and generate big heat irrespective whether it was seriously active. It had to be buried first.

And as an aside, AC, I think the video from India is misdated, and is actually from the afternoon of the 14th, and that steam explosion/expulsion is coming from R3. Not sure though. need to do more research.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Getting a little too close now

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Jan 6 (Reuters) - Japan's government is considering taking control of the nation's nuclear power plants away from private utilities, in a bid to improve accountability of the industry, the Yomiuri newspaper said on Friday.

"In a bid". Like it's going to be hard to improve accountability? Fuggin be honest once about the real dangers associated with nuke power and baby you are WWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY more accountable than the nukies.

top topics

<< 1171  1172  1173    1175  1176  1177 >>

join