Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1173
<< 1170  1171  1172    1174  1175  1176 >>

join

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Local Japan official found with shotgun blast to chest — Lectured against nuclear power after Fukushima
enenews.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Horiguchi. Proof that the radiation released from the plant was many times greater than Tepco's statistic's. Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Here are the three spikes as recorded early on at the different monitoring points at the NPP (March 19th from Tepco via GRS). Of special note is the fact that except for the actual spikes, most of the time in between and after the plant was under 1000 uSv/h. Now compare this to Horiguchi which ran between 1000 uSv/h and 4000 uSv/h from the 15th to the 21st. It was running many times hotter than the monitoring points at the plant, suggesting that Tepco was lying their asses off concerning the levels at the plant, which had to be exponentially higher than Ibaraki.

These spikes may only reflect times when the winds blew onshore, or the situation was greatly aided by this fact.

I want the SPEEDI data for Fukushima!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This looks pretty interesting too.
www.fukushimatimeline.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The always sarcastic MsMilky

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Local Japan official found with shotgun blast to chest — Lectured against nuclear power after Fukushima
enenews.com...

Hey Aircooled. Had to sing out on this one. A snippet from your article:

According to police, he had his chest shot
A shotgun was put outside of the car
He went out for his farm to keep the crows away with his gun

So, dude is driving around with a long barreled crack open shotgun and stopping periodically to blast crows out the window, reload and move on. The police found a gun in the car? (translation) And "put it out"? Pulled it out? So what happened to him was by his own hand probably. How do you get the gun away from him and then shoot him? Doesn't make sense.

I lean more to the accident because of experience and knowledge about break open shot guns. If you open the breach and load shell(s) and then close the breach while holding the trigger, the gun may discharge. If he was holding the gun between his legs with the barrel up and reaching down to load between firing, then it may have gone off accidental, hitting him in the chest. Careless woops. He should have drove up, got out, shot at the crows, reloaded then moved on.

If he did that a lot then the crows would get used to that and fly off, so he was sneakin around trying to catch em off guard. Just got complacent sounds like. Poor guy. Can't be sure, just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Not to mention your average sized Japanese man holding a long barrel gun, far away enough to be able to shoot it in such a manner - hardly seems accidental.

And nice work ZW with the measurement data
edit on 4/1/12 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

This looks pretty interesting too.
www.fukushimatimeline.com...

I think the Guy behind Enformable done are really brilliant Work with this Timeline,
i like it very much

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Unit 1: What's up with the S/C Pressure?

Rather erratic...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And thanks Z for the EQ info!

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Mega mutation!

fukushima-diary.com...

Supposedly a tomato..

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Mega mutation!

fukushima-diary.com...

Supposedly a tomato..

Un-Freakin-Believable... That is one (many?) confused "tomato(s)".
Question: If a pregnant woman eats ketchup made from that "fruit" will her babies head look like that?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The always sarcastic MsMilky

Oh my god thats exactly how I feel when listening to a tepco or nrc press release. (Im not capitalizing their names anymore as they dont deserve it).

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

And thanks Z for the EQ info!

And of course right after posting it there were a series of aftershocks but I still think everything we are seeing is related to the original Tohuku EQ of 3/11. The later series of 4 and 5 EQs were situated just south of the original rupture point from 3/11.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Supposedly a tomato..

thats just wrong. Ive grown tomatoes all my life and never seen anything like that ever. Not even close.

ON EDIT: didnt someone from Fukushima prefecture grow the worlds biggest watermelon or whatever recently. It would be interesting to see if the locations for this tomato and that other monstrosity are in the same area. Or better still what are the rad readings for both.

And while we speak Monsanto is probably trying to figure how to radiate miracle grow to make it produce bigger stuff.
edit on 4-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Mmmm Mmm. Fast track to the North American stomach, and all those extra free bequerels must be slimming!.
www.cnngo.com...

Z, I couldn't get those press release discriptions of the two explosions out of head. Two explosions in the NW corner. I was stumped. Then I remembered us talking about locations of shafts and you pointed out a shaft in the NW corner of #4. That would be between the yellow reactor cap and the North wall. What do you think? The NW shaft like the SW shaft is blown out a floor below the other panels on the west wall.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

Not to mention your average sized Japanese man holding a long barrel gun, far away enough to be able to shoot it in such a manner - hardly seems accidental.

Yah, just my opinion. The "hardly seems" part changes when someone is seated (like in a car) and the gun is stock down at ones feet with barrel up. Thats how most suicides are accomplished with rifles; like sitting on a bed, for instance. But why mess up the family car? He drove out to hunt crows, not shoot himself in the car and mess it up. Still doesn't make sense.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Thanks for bringing Enviro.reporters.com YouTube about hot rain in Michigan. I was on his chat room right after the accident and remember him for his honesty. He was called "Mr. Hands" back then by chat room members because all we saw of him was when his hands appeared on camera to do the "averaging" of readings for his data tables.

There a lot of schamsters and ignorant of scale readings on YouTube to beware of. If Mr Hands says that the rain is hot in Michigan (or anywhere for that matter), then I believe him. Five Times background... geez. Nine Months later... sheez
edit on 4-1-2012 by intrptr because: Mich., not Minn.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hey guys... nothing new to bring here so have played catchup and noticed something about the diary entry of core samples that air cooled brought Fukushima Diary Whistle Blower and then Ghostrider embellished with photos I intend to use here. Thank you both for letting me use your stuff.

The Fuku Diary entry was awesome. Dude deserves highest recognition for risking all to bring us this stuff. The pics of drill rigs:

Here one is being used to drill holes for "Tie-Back Anchors" that will be used to secure mesh (visible above drill) to prevent soft slope collapse. Just one use for these machines.

Another Pic from Fuku Diary:

Again, being used to anchor visible steel mesh.

Heres a pic and link to a similar core driller and catalog of capabilities. These things can go into a variety of substrates including drilling into dams (concrete), solid rock, mixed strata, etc., at any angle up to hundreds of meters deep, alternately switching between drilling and core sampling apparatus at the tip. Of course they would be using these things to determine what is below the containment of these reactors. Ingenious. With the right attachments they can drill into and thru anything and take core samples to analyze later. According to diary entry they been doing this below # 2.

Angle Drilling Rigs

We are only hearing about it and seeing the samples that Ghostrider brought pics of because of brave lad who "leaked them". Thank god for that. The core "samples":

A snippet from the diary:

made up my mind to take out the slags from the shelter to take pictures of them.
Wore protective clothing. When it’s taken out, it was over 400 ℃ but now it’s cooled down to 100 ℃.

So he did protect himself from breathing or touching any contaminants and bravely opened these jars to photo these for us. I guess his references to temp of 400 deg. C was at the point of removing samples from the "drill core sampler" on site from beneath the #2 reactor . That now, when he opened the containers they were "cooled" to boiling water temps.(100 deg. C).

I wonder at what depth the samples were obtained? That would be revealing...
If the drilling beneath #2 is "reaching a climax", I wonder at just how big this slug of ore, salt, oxide mix is?
We can see with our own two eyes the metallic as well as the oxidized portion (yellow, orange, gray and black bits) of the mystery metal present. If the whitish part of what looks like limestone was concrete then it has dissolved to crumb cake. Amazing bit of ore there.

Has anyone opened a flashlight after leaving the batteries in it for too long? The crystal structure and corrosive properties of the electrolytic processes are similar. Albeit different sources. Sea water has it's own electrolytic and galvonic characteristics that when combined with all the salts present in this matrix, made for a cocktail of radionuclides and isotope fizzys.

This is the result. Oxides will dissolve in contact with ground water and carry far and away to ocean currents thru groundwater channels opened by the earthquakes and heat and pressure of the "melt". Hell, just drilling into it brings up fresh steam and lets in water from above. I guess they need to do it as a precursor to digging up all the slag piles below each reactor vessel once they have thermally cooled enough? First of course they will need to take down the buildings above these ore "mines", some how dispose of them somewheres and then dig... phew.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Two explosions in the NW corner. I was stumped. Then I remembered us talking about locations of shafts and you pointed out a shaft in the NW corner of #4. That would be between the yellow reactor cap and the North wall. What do you think? The NW shaft like the SW shaft is blown out a floor below the other panels on the west wall.

Thats my thinking anyway. below are two schematics, the bottom one is the actual 5th floor of R4 from the interim report (which I really wish was translated though the schematics have been doctored) showing nothing in that spot. The top one is of R1 and I cant remember where it came from but pertty sure its the 2nd floor. Its a different design but not much different than 2,3 and 4. Note on the top one of R1 that there is a shaft or whatever that has the same wall around it as the outer containment wall (area Ive pointed to as the initial blast point). Ive never seen this level of concern for an inside structure. On top of that, note that it looks like you would have to go through two if not three openings (check points, monitoring room, wash down room who the fug knows?) to get in there.
R1 2nd floor

Concerning the one below that shows nothing behind the second panel on the NW corner, I suspect that the reason the shaft ended is because containment ends at the top of the 4th floor. No reason to have a secretive shaft from the UC go up into the service area through containment. The fact that containment ends at the 4th/5th ceiling/floor is probably why the effium lava blobs (which now appear to have come out in segments) burst out at that point. It came up the shaft and hit the containment ceiling which is the same as the walls, thick concrete, and went north, blowing up and out the upper panels and completely the 4th floor section.
R4 5th floor

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I'm amazed if they can have that capability! Whenever I see drilling for samples, usually its truck sized or bigger than those little things. I have a feeling that crumbly netted up rock will be what's most of the way to the samples though.

100 degrees is a helluva lot of decay heat. They must have been exposed to quite some gamma radiation at least.

And no idea what that mutated fruit would do, probably a bit hot though! It's how nature evolves in one way I think - radiation triggered mutations.
Good point with the seated rifling method.. not a very Japanese way to go though.

I'm always apprehensive of rain measurements that are not long term - because of radon and other charged particles.

Z, I could see it working wonders with some flowers

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I am curious as to why those 2 dudes with using the Angular Borer are not
wearing any protective gear, unless that was just a demo photo....sorry if I
missed something.

And Z if the Blow Out Panels were sealed then that would go along with your UC
& the Man Hole covers being blown off, just a thought & sorry if already discussed.
Much Thanks to ALL of you for your time, effort, & educating me.

Cheers
Ektar

new topics

top topics

<< 1170  1171  1172    1174  1175  1176 >>

join