It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1171.htm
<< 1168  1169  1170    1172  1173  1174 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Blowout Panels Welded Shut?

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

Contradiction to Nucklenchen's Xmas bonus vid.

P.S. Happy New Year Y'all!!

- Purple Chive
edit on 1-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

6.8 EQ

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Human you feel anything?

- Purple Chive

Still no after-shocks...peculiar...disturbing...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Blowout Panels Welded Shut?

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

Contradiction to Nucklenchen's Xmas bonus vid.

That one has pretty much gone to the wind, the blowout panels being gone early that is. No one could come up with a reason for the dark spots to be dark if they were missing blowout panels from the FLIR vid. They should be bright white if anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As an aside notice how many articles have surfaced about the 11 AM R3 second explosion 3/15. Im pretty sure its going to become the official explanation for the 11AM pulse of radiation the plant emitted on the 15th, which I think AC's evidence will show clearly was from R4 not R3. Im pretty sure all of this is nothing more than changing the backdrop to fit the scene. attempt #5 I think.

Was a bit bummed to see it on EX-SKF though.

Happy new year to you too, PC. May this be the best year ever. Or should I say Happy last Year of the old age and welcome to the dawning.

edit on 1-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
A very good video.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Debris Field The Size Of California From Japanese Tsunami Begins To Litter West Coast

Debris the size of California impacting BC.

They're in bare feet, bare hands, absolute simpletons!

Kuroshio Current

Extremely radioactive current is bringing this stuff much earlier than they predicted, because they didn't want scare people and bring up Kuroshio.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 1-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
On the mystery of whether or not east side panels were removed, I have this news screen cap. March 12th east side, probably just before #1 blew. No openings showing at #1, #2, or #3.

Could the infa-red be Daini?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Another great pic. Pre R1 blast and look at the plume. Im assuming they were venting at the time or else they were in much deeper than they thought. The exhaust system isn't fan driven once the electricity goes, and the vents fail/open with no backdraft dampers. Its a direct line from PCV to the environment via the emergency gas treatment line and the bypass line (which they use for venting since the filtered line would blow out at the pressures involved).

But it needs a reason to expel like this. With no fan the force for expulsion has to come from within containment. So if not the venting, this I think would mean the RPV was already breached. AC, is there a time on this pic?

Also, I think I got the FLIR dark holes figured. Its the opposite of open. I think they were not only welded shut, they were covered with another sheet of metal or something that is insulated from the inner warmth of the building and therefore cooler. Compare the circled areas. Same type digital data in the boxes. Now compare the area location with the FLIR. Same location.

A metal section welded to the existing blow out panel and surrounding wall (overlap) perhaps. And in the other pic I posted, the glinting objects are these recently painted over metal sections. A possible scenario anyway.

And heres a pic from before the EQ, for perspective concerning what the GTB looked like in better days. Also what the black holes seen all over the Valley of Death were before the blasts, in their covered state.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well, lets see, we have a Greenpeace update
www.greenpeace.org...

For how much longer will Japan's fate remain in the hands of amateurs?
www.japantimes.co.jp...

And... Tepco sends “emergency” mail about Reactor 4 — Water level decreasing at 5 times normal rate in tank near spent fuel pool — Link to New Year’s quake unclear.
enenews.com... -years-quake-unclear

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Heres a snippet from the other forum. Two things interesting. First, the poster notices the difference in the effium (poolium) coming out the north wall. Instead of the pic posted earlier where it was yellowish strips, its now the deep dark slag looking melted Fukushima. (I think I know why the difference but not sure yet).

Second, you have to go to the original page for the actual links, but they were at the time about the early heli vid. Now they're about the US lifting the beef ban on Japan. They must a run out of urls and needed to reuse them.

-----------------------------
Originally Posted by AtomicWombat

Here is an English language version of the video taken during the helicopter fly-over:

Tokyo Electric releases new image of reactors

Can someone get a screen grab (still picture) from this video please. I don't know how. At about 0:16 it shows the north wall of building 4 where I earlier suggested there was evidence of coria (molten fuel rod assemblies). Others suggested it was insulation. Well the insulation appears to have 1) crept further down the wall and onto a the emergency vent pipe; and 2) changed colour to a much darker shade (although colour reproduction is poor).

Another link:

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Unit 4 Skimmer Surge Tank Mystery Water Decrease

First the Skimmer Surge Tank is:

The tank installed in order to receive the water overflows from the spent fuel pool. The water in the spent fuel pool is overflowed into the skimmer surge tank in order to cool the fuel assembly and remove impurities in the water. The water returns to the spent fuel pool after passing through the heat exchanger and the filter.

At present, the water level in the skimmer surge tank keeps decreasing approx. 90mm/hour

www.tepco.co.jp...

Curious as to how many liters/tons this 90mm per hour decrease in water equates to?

- Purple Chive
edit on 2-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

And... Tepco sends “emergency” mail about Reactor 4 — Water level decreasing at 5 times normal rate in tank near spent fuel pool — Link to New Year’s quake unclear.
enenews.com... -years-quake-unclear

New Year's EQ

Around 7:35 minutes into vid or 14:30 Tepco clock. A pretty good jolt considering how far away the EQ was.

And still disturbed that still no aftershocks from this EQ...
earthquake.usgs.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

On the mystery of whether or not east side panels were removed, I have this news screen cap. March 12th east side, probably just before #1 blew. No openings showing at #1, #2, or #3.

Could the infa-red be Daini?

Cryptome Daini:
cryptome.org...-Daini

And 2:07 into this vid see Daini:

And NHK pic shows upper level discoloration of Unit 1 before blow up...
graphics8.nytimes.com...

IMHO...I think the vid is Daichii...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Happy new year all!

Re: flir I'm certain it is daiichi as well.

Z I reckon you could be right with the blowout panels, an insulating cladding must be in use. However if so, the ducts behind the vents are cooler than the building - as they show up black. That's the part I don't get.
The vents are not on the original leaked high res plans, so I don't have much information about them. One piece of info I can remember is that they are manually operated, so if they have been tutu'd with, someone has been on deck to do it, poor souls.

Thorfourwinds, excellent piece on yucca and the nuclear storage nightmare. If more people read things like this they would see the insanity of nuclear power. Even highly scrubbed, industrial petroleum product based power systems are better in the long run >_>

And that #4 fuel leak isn't giving me a good feeling. I hope it doesn't go poof again :x Japan and the rest of the world would sail into far uncharted waters.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

A very good video.

AC, that was one of the best videos that I've seen in quite a while. Honest, concise, and really informative.

I only have one real regret. He openly just told terrorists world wide that they are only prepared to repel 5 terrorists, and even when they knew they were coming, failed 50% of the time.

Oh, and the 2 reactors that they really should target are Indian Head and one in Cali.

That statistic scares me more than anything else.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

And still disturbed that still no aftershocks from this EQ...

I have a hunch PC. Ive studied EQs since a kid, living on either the San Andreas or Cascadia Subduction Zones all my life.

I didnt understand how they scaled the plant at 4, same as the epicenter nearer Tokyo. Then watching the video it made sense and I think explained why you wont see aftershocks.

The energy from the EQ was contained in a single initial jolt, with negligible shaking following the jolt. In essence it wasn't a true rupture of the plate, where the lock points slip past each other as far as the energy pushing them takes them. These kinds of EQs have periods of resettling after wards that are called aftershocks.

In the most recent EQ the plate slipped past the lock point only to hit another lock point immediately. Liken this to an old fashioned tow bridge, where as you turn the handle the teeth go in the direction where there is no locking occurring. When you let go the handle the bridge stays at the first lock point the teeth encounter. If it were to slip one lock point and catch at the next you have the kind of jolt the recent EQ did.

These types of EQs dont have aftershocks as there is no period of resettling.

I believe the reason that the 4 scale runs the way it does, with much of the energy exerted north of the EQ, from the epicenter up past Fukushima prefecture, is because this is really an extension of the March 11th EQ. The epicenter of this EQ is right at the boundary of where the plate moved after the 11th EQ. That means that south of this EQ is where the greatest strain should now be.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Z I reckon you could be right with the blowout panels, an insulating cladding must be in use. However if so, the ducts behind the vents are cooler than the building - as they show up black. That's the part I don't get.

The only thing I could come up with uses alot of assumptions. A) there is no real insulation in the walls beyond containment (ie service floor). In R2, R3 and R4 it looks like were just concrete walls, possibly even a single pour.

B) I dont believe they would weld shut a design feature potentially as important as the blowout panels (BPs). I think instead they would put a sheet/slab of metal over them, screwed in to the wall, and paint it. This way the design feature could be easily put in use. Just not easy enough for Tepco during an emergency.

If a and b are true, the heat generated from inside building would affect the thermal readings of the walls, while the steel sheets would be a step removed, and more representative of the colder temperatures of the outside atmosphere.

Alot of assumptions though.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
To M. Yes I wish all the videos we see were so clear and easy to understand. Anyone who watches it, gets it!
I think that's one of the main reasons this movement hasn't spread as fast and far as we would hope. Nobody is expaining this mess to regular folks the way we do here. The media could but won't. Same goes for safety watch dogs and our elected officials. Lets see if I can draw a parallel?
Take repairing old VW's. If you want to scratch your head and get nowhere fast, you pick up a stock shop manual. It was basically written for mechanics and will just confuse and overwhelm the beginner. If you want to really understand how to fix your ole Dub you go out and pick up and read the old hippie repair manual. It's in plain English, easy to understand, and can advance your knowledge to the point where you tackle the dry, lifeless, stock shop manual. This thread is like the hippie manual for fuk and the far reaching nuke gang.
In order for the numbers of concerned folks to skyrocket and demand the end to this poison for profit, all it would take, would be for the average person to GET the info. Figure out how to do that and we'll have the nuke plants shut off next year, and millions of good paying, middle class jobs, producing solar panels.
Ok, on March 15, have a gander at this E-mail.
enformable.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Plutonium from fuk detected in Lithuania.
enenews.com...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

I don't know, I must be in a silly mood tonight, but reading the criticality email made me laugh a couple of times. I guess you can figure things aren't going good when the initial email begins with;

Thank you very much for your valuable information, I sent this information to the minister.

And then the whole thing finishes with;

I wish you the best in responding to this rare and unusual nuclear plant event.

A 'rare and unusual nuclear plant event'. I mean, like, shouldn't nuking the planet hopefully be a rare and unusual event. Or better still, like, not ever happening. I dont know why but it hit me funny, the choice of words.
--------------------------------

Anyway AC, I think you might be on to something about a manual for the masses. 'The Idiots Guide to a Nuclear Catastrophe'. I like it.

It could cover A to Z, from what the whole process is inside a reactor, atmospheric dispersion and reading plume maps and weather forecasts, things to do and not to do if a rain is falling through a plume, the different forms of toxicity not just cancer, the best geiger counters and water filter systems to use, the amount of public assisstance that has been fed into the nuclear beast and other economic issues, how to write comment letters to regulatory agencies and stop nukes through the courts and when that fails what are the best gas masks and how to tape on kitchen gloves for throwing tear gas canisters back though I have to remind everyone that when someone picks up a tear gas canister and throws it back in the direction of the police even though it has no chance of getting that far back and your just trying to keep their toxic air away from your brothers and sisters they will still photo you and track you down and arrest you for endangering a police officer in the line of duty or some weird sh!t like that so I dont recommend anybody throw back tear gas canisters. But if you do I know the best glove to use.

I like it AC I like it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Been looking at SPEEDI data, mostly just Ibaraki, some Niigata and the north island Hokkaido. Theres no data for Fukushima and Miyagi prefectures as they are under survey from 4PM on the 11th and blanked out, while other neighboring prefectures like Gunma have no sites.

However, Ibaraki prefecture data is in itself very interesting, and more proof of multiple explosions/expulsions. If I'm reading the data properly, there are two significant spikes on the 15th and a lesser spike on the 16th in the Ibaraki area. However, it's not clear yet what timezone SPEEDI is in. Other official stuff has been moved from JST to UTC confusing the sh!t out of things. And I don't know how soon aerosolized or gaseous nuclides would carry from Fukushima, but if the times below are JST which you would expect, then these spikes probably started soon after midnight at Dai-ichi morning of the 15th, before the explosion sound and fire were reported at R2/R4.

Most cities in Ibaraki Prefecture began their spikes at 4:20 AM, including Ishigami, Kuji, Kadobe and Toyooka. The Funaishikawa, Sugaya and Kounosu spikes were ten minutes later than the others at 4:30 AM and Godai's was 20 minutes later. There were usually two distinct pulses or waves in the initial spikes from the 15th. One begins at 4:20 AM and the other begins at 6 AM. The spikes on the 16th are around 5 AM.

On the 15th, some, like Kadobe, had an exceptionally strong first pulse that continued strong into the second pulse at 6 AM,

Kadobe

while others had a weak first pulse and strong second pulse like Muramatsu, or no real spike until after 6 AM like Hitachinaka, going from double digits to consistent readings in the 4000s after 6:30 AM.

Hitachinaka

There was also a moderate spike on the 21st or 22nd depending on the locale, except for Ajigauri, Muramatsu, Yanagisawa and Mawatari. Ajigauri was the most significant as seen below, but the others were similar;

Ajigauri

But no place got hit as bad as Horiguchi. Almost no initial pulse, then all hell broke loose. The numbers speak for themselves;

top topics

<< 1168  1169  1170    1172  1173  1174 >>

join