It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1168.htm
<< 1165  1166  1167    1169  1170  1171 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Someone occasionally wonders where the radioactive stuff goes once they clean it up. Do they ship it out? Where? Older Cryptome.org photos give us a clue to what the nasty is hauled away in, but not where they take it. Find these containers form satellite or other pics and you got your answer. I may be behind, forgive me if this is old knowledge.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yukiya Amano may be Japanese, but he is nothing more than a U.S. mouthpiece:

According to a U.S. cable obtained by WikiLeaks [1] , in a meeting in September, 2009 with Glyn Davies, the American permanent representative to the IAEA, Amano "reminded Ambassador on several occasions that he would need to make concessions to the G-77 [the developing nations], which correctly required him to be fair-minded and independent, but that ]b]he was solidly in the U.S. court on every key strategic decision, from high-level personnel appointments to the handling of Iran's alleged nuclear weapons program."
emphasis mine
wiki article on Yukiya Amano

Keepmdiggn and turning over stones. Sooner or later the cockroaches will run out of hiding places and tbe truth will be known.

New thread about potential radiation sickness in Alaskan seals.

I know we talked about this here back in October, but the news article in my thread is from Reuters earlier today and went out on the wire to every major news outlet. I fear that this is only the begnning of such stories...

edit on 27-12-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: linked the wiki

edit on 27-12-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: missing spaces

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Oh good zworld... Me heapum big west coaster... need LINK? NO info west coast, 'cept here.

Actually it was from a fundraiser, just a recap of the situation. Link below. I liked how concise she put it. But there are independent groups that are doing a serious job of tracking the debris. The best is from Washington I think. I cant remember their url, but I posted it awhile back. Ill see if I can find it. Theyve got a updated map of debris flow.

Its going to be a serious concern next spring and from then on. The stuff that has already been showing up in Vancouver Island is bouys and floats that shot across with the wind. The stuff that is still out there is forming into huge islands of debris including cars and houses and toxic crap all connected via wires and fences and power lines that act like octupus tentacles and wrap and lock around stuff. And all this time the plumes that came across the Pacific were in the same wind path, and any time it rained or misted or whatever, radiation fell onto these floating debris islands, accumulating over time.

In a sane world the government would be out checking this stuff for radiation and plotting its course and trying to figure out how to corral it if thats possible. And letting us know every step of the way.

In our world the government is out there checking the stuff and keeping all the info to themselves and the military while figuring how to keep the "core members of society" safe.

enenews.com... pacific

ON EDIT: still havent found the url but heres an article from a couple of weeks ago

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Large black floats are the first remnants of Japan's devastating earthquake and tsunami to begin washing up on the American coastline.

The debris traveled 4,500 miles on Pacific Ocean currents, pushed by wind and water, to reach the beaches of Neah Bay in far northwestern Washington state 280 days after the Japanese disaster.

Some 100 million tons of debris -- from wrecked fishing vessels to household furniture and even body parts -- is bearing down on the West Coast, raising environmental fears about the impact of massive amounts of wreckage clogging beaches.

The debris is even more massive and moving much faster than originally predicted. Initial projections said 5 to 20 million tons of waste would take three years to reach American shores.

Now, scientists say, 100 million tons could be here in just one year.

edit on 27-12-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Someone occasionally wonders where the radioactive stuff goes once they clean it up. Do they ship it out? Where? Older Cryptome.org photos give us a clue to what the nasty is hauled away in, but not where they take it. Find these containers form satellite or other pics and you got your answer. I may be behind, forgive me if this is old knowledge.

They have huge storage fields of these blue containers, just like the cesium tanks, rad water tanks, etc etc. And building bigger storage areas. No one from Tepco likes to talk about what is going to happen to it all though.

-------------------------------------
And a bit more concerning the debris field. This is the first real report of whats out there from Sept.

In late September, a Russian ship reported sailing through a field of tsunami debris near the Midway Islands — about 5,000 kilometres west of the B.C. coast. Crew members described seeing furniture, appliances and a 20-foot fishing boat from Fukushima, the area hardest hit by the tsunami.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
More great news from Japan. Its been a good day in the land of the rising sun. Go get em folks. And if you need any help with data collection of english stuff, Im here for you.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Residents sue to seek complete suspension of Genkai reactors

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Local residents sued the operator of the Genkai nuclear power plant in Saga Prefecture on Tuesday, demanding that all four reactors there be suspended from operations due to the risk of accident caused by a potential earthquake or tsunami.

In the suit filed with the Saga District Court, about 290 plaintiffs, mostly residents of Saga Prefecture and neighboring Fukuoka Prefecture, said that the risks of nuclear power have become apparent as a result of the Fukushima disaster, and there is a high probability that an accident at the Kyushu Electric Power Co. plant could damage the lives and health of residents nearby.

The plaintiffs assigned a particularly high risk of accident to the No. 1 reactor at the seaside plant, which has operated for more than 36 years, saying its safety can no longer be guaranteed because it is aging.

"We must stop nuclear power in order not to leave debt to our children," said 60-year-old Hatsumi Ishimaru, who leads the plaintiffs, at a news conference in the city of Saga.

Kyushu Electric said in a comment it will examine the suit and act "appropriately."

All four reactors have gone offline at the Genkai plant, with the last reactor suspended for regular maintenance on Sunday. It remains uncertain when the reactors can be reactivated because of a scandal over the operator's attempt to sway local opinions about reactor operations.

In August last year, about 130 local residents and others filed a suit with the district court demanding a halt to the use of plutonium-uranium mixed oxide fuel, or MOX, at the plant's No. 3 reactor.

In July this year, 90 people filed for an injunction order to stop the Nos. 2 and 3 reactors from going back online, amid heightened public concerns about nuclear safety in the aftermath of the country's worst nuclear accident at Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s Fukushima Daiichi plant.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Conflict over handling nuclear crisis revealed 28Dec11 Japan Times

More from the report and on the early days of the Fukushima situation

By REIJI YOSHIDA Staff writer

Masao Yoshida, general manager of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant, believed the worst-case scenario — the "China syndrome" — might be near and he braced for death during the late-night hours of March 14, three days after the crisis started.

Pressure was rising at an alarming rate inside reactor No. 2, keeping plant workers from injecting critical coolant water into the reactor's core to prevent the fuel rods inside from melting down as power had failed following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

To prevent panic among the plant employees, Yoshida secretly ordered a few of his staff members to prepare a bus for everyone to evacuate except for a small number of key operators.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
I was posting on another thread about security systems, and thought of something.

TEPCO has never released any videos from their surveillance systems. They have got to have had cameras in the entire place, and most network gear has UPS systems, so they wouldn't die after the power went out.

Those images and vids would be an excellent source of information!!

I don't recall any questions submitted to them about videos either.

Tepco hold the Heart As in the Sleeve,
they said "the Surveillance Cameras was not working
because of the Collapse of the Energylines"!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

What the hell?

Tepconese:

At 11:00 am on December 27, regarding the water injection into the reactor core of unit 2, for the purpose of preparation of commissioning of water injection pumps for diversification, water injection rate from feed water system was adjusted from approx. 2.8 m3/h to 2.0 m3/h, from core spraying system was adjusted from approx. 6.0 m3/h to 7.0 m3/h.

www.tepco.co.jp...

And latent accolades Ghost - great job in contacting Nucklechen!! Nucklechen's been doing a stupendous job - and love his intermittent vids of his kitties!!

- Purple Chive

edit on 27-12-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

Test Run of Reactor Injection Pump:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

This isn't good..."Megaquakes Doubled"

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Yunotake Fault:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Latest Activity:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Unit 1 Anomaly....but "no problem"

www.tepco.co.jp...

Since December 22, one of the atmospheric temperatures of Unit 1 Primary Containment Vessel (PCV) monitored by the Containment Atmospheric Monitoring System had risen (the atmospheric temperature of the PCV on December 22 was approx. 38°C, at 7 pm on December 27 was approx. 49°C). The other temperatures had not risen, so we conducted a survey from 9 am to 10 am on December 28, and we confirmed that there are no problems. The volume of Nitrogen injection and emission from the gas management system will be adjusted as before December 22, and we identify cause with monitoring.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

This isn't good..."Megaquakes Doubled"

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Yunotake Fault:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

They reported about this in the morning News at 7.ooam,
crazy they really start to prepare Nagoya, Osaka and Kobe for a Mega-Tsunami

The Protection now is much to low, afaik on 2m but some parts of Nagoya
for example are under the Sea-Level!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
IAEA monitoring ocean contamination
www.rttnews.com...

The IAEA is going to monitor ocean radioactivity contamination. The IAEA and 21 Member-States and three non-member States are participating in the project. Countries participating in the project include Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.

It is very telling that the US and Canada aren't included. The two countries with the most to lose aren't concerned. They aren't monitoring debris flow either. Yet the following statement by the IAEA should raise concerns. According to the below (which is of course a typical underestimate of the situation) enough radiation has fallen to produce significant contamination but dilution in the big Pacific waters will (supposedly) produce low residual concentrations.

"It is expected that the enormous dilution capacity of the Pacific Ocean will lead to low residual concentrations of radionuclides in ocean waters such that any significant contamination of marine food in coastal waters outside of Japan will not occur," said Hartmut Nies, head of IAEA's radiometrics laboratory and technical officer for the project. "So far, only Cs-134 and Cs-137 were detected far offshore from the Japanese coast in the prevailing Kuroshio Ocean current at levels of less concern," he added.

I dont buy it, but lets say it does work out like the above quote. This means that anything that has fallen into water traps on the debris islands and that hasnt been diluted by the mass of the Pacific Ocean will be significant contamination.

And the US and Canada don't give a sh!t. Hopefully the people of these countries will wake up and force action, as the people in Japan are now doing. But knowing westerners, probably not too many.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I swear to god, as many have said before, you cant make this stuff up.

They have been trying to explain the massive pulse of radiation that occurred on the 15th, first with R2 exploding which they now say it didnt, then the R4 SFP catching fire which it didnt, and so nwo they have come up with a new one, R3 exploded a second time, just nobody saw it, AT 11 AM IN THE MORNING OF THE 15TH!!!!!

On 15 March, an explosion was heard in Unit 2 and damaged the pressure-suppression system, causing the leaks of radioactive cooling water. Shortly afterward, Unit 4 was damaged by an explosion and a large amount of radioactive materials was released into the atmosphere. At 11:00 (Japan Standard Time) JST on 15 March, Unit 3 explored [sic] again. At that time, due to the easterly winds and precipitation in and around Fukushima, the surrounding areas including Tokyo, Nagano, Sendai and other places detected high radiation, which matched well with the simulation results

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Scientists test sick Alaska seals for radiation

SEATTLE, Dec 28 (Reuters) - Scientists in Alaska are investigating whether local seals are being sickened by radiation from Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear plant. Scores of ring seals have washed up on Alaska's Arctic coastline since July, suffering or killed by a mysterious disease marked by bleeding lesions on the hind flippers, irritated skin around the nose and eyes and patchy hair loss on the animals' fur coats.

My Source

Not good, sorry if already posted.
Rbrtj

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
I swear to god, as many have said before, you cant make this stuff up.

They have been trying to explain the massive pulse of radiation that occurred on the 15th, first with R2 exploding which they now say it didnt, then the R4 SFP catching fire which it didnt, and so nwo they have come up with a new one, R3 exploded a second time, just nobody saw it, AT 11 AM IN THE MORNING OF THE 15TH!!!!!

On 15 March, an explosion was heard in Unit 2 and damaged the pressure-suppression system, causing the leaks of radioactive cooling water. Shortly afterward, Unit 4 was damaged by an explosion and a large amount of radioactive materials was released into the atmosphere. At 11:00 (Japan Standard Time) JST on 15 March, Unit 3 explored [sic] again. At that time, due to the easterly winds and precipitation in and around Fukushima, the surrounding areas including Tokyo, Nagano, Sendai and other places detected high radiation, which matched well with the simulation results

Maybe we wait a few Days to see a Correction or Confirmation of this Report
before we start to get (more) angry?

I remember the 15th very well, the Reports was coming in in a tact of Minutes
and the Ground always moved, when Nr. 3 explode (afir at 11am)
i needed to punch my Wife because she did not want to leave,
she did not wanted to wake up and i was scared for our Life,
after that we moved to Haneda Airport and saw the biggest Exodus of our Life,
even compared to Phuket at the 28 of December after the Boxer Day Tsunami!

All the Gaijin Kids and Womens left by special Flights,
the Airport was packed with People as well as the arriving Rescue People
who, after arriving, wanted to return their Homecountry because of F'Shima
when suddenly the next Mag. 6,? hit (at the Fuju-San Base)
and the whole Airport started to scream,
arrrrghhhhh horrible days

edit on 28-12-2011 by Human0815 because: info

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
We can count out the tsunami as the cause of damage to the R4 truck bay as the sat pic from March 12th shows everythings fine. Also in this pic, east walls of 2, 3 and 4, note the shiny objects reflecting the sun differently than the rest of the wall. Only roughed it, but these pretty much line up with the dark spots in the FLIR. Could they be the blowout panels dangling in the wind.

This pick is one minute before R3 blew. The truck bay doors for both 3 and 4 are closed. Why, after R3 blew, did they open up R4s truck bay door and send a truck in.

This is the first pic I have showing R4s damage. March 16th. It appears that the roof still has roofing as well as debris on it, but I cant say for sure.

And heres the roof on the 17th, now down to the skeleton frame weve come to know so well.

The truck bay damage didnt happen at any of the other reactor buildings. Very strange that one.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj

Scientists test sick Alaska seals for radiation

SEATTLE, Dec 28 (Reuters) - Scientists in Alaska are investigating whether local seals are being sickened by radiation from Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear plant. Scores of ring seals have washed up on Alaska's Arctic coastline since July, suffering or killed by a mysterious disease marked by bleeding lesions on the hind flippers, irritated skin around the nose and eyes and patchy hair loss on the animals' fur coats.

My Source

Not good, sorry if already posted.
Rbrtj

Yeah, I think J&C posted about it aways back. Not good. Right now the Artic has the lowest sea ice content of all time, and I think they may all be tied into the three headed beast; global warming, pollution and radioactive fallout, all acting in tandem to produce ill health. Its probably happening worldwide to many things, many of which we probably have yet to learn about. Its good to send out healing vibrations to the Artic right now especially.

---------------------------------

And speaking of things that may have already been posted, on the 26th the released an english version of the summary of the investigation committees interim report

icanps.go.jp...
edit on 28-12-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I made two new tiny Videos,
please don't be too critical with me,
i tried to avoid Youtube my whole life
but all the lies from Tepco
as well the whole Disinformation from the "Alternative Media"
forced me to do so!

edit on 29-12-2011 by Human0815 because: tube

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Are you all Radiation Sick or just overworked,
i hope you are all well

okay let us start with the good News from Setagaya!

Can Web-savvy activist moms change Japan?

Japan's nuclear crisis has turned Mizuho Nakayama into one of a small but growing number of internet-savvy activist moms.
------------------
The 41-year-old mother joined a parents group-one of dozens that have sprung up since the crisis _ that petitioned local officials in June to test lunches at schools and day care centers for radiation and avoid using products from around the troubled nuclear plant.

"It's the first time for anyone in our group to be involved in this type of activism," said Nakayama, who now carries a Geiger counter with her wherever she goes.
-------
Nakayama's group has had mixed success:

Officials in Tokyo's Setagaya Ward immediately

started posting radiation levels in milk, but they say they won't start testing lunch foods until April. Still, Nakayama feels she and others in what she calls the ``silent majority'' are making a difference.

"Women in their 30s and 40s are busy raising children, and many also work," she said. "We're normally too busy to really raise our voices. But this time we felt compelled to speak up."

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Many Fukushima evacuees remain reluctant to return to homes near nuclear plant

Municipalities near the crippled Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant have started preparations to return to where they were before the outbreak of the nuclear crisis in March following the central government's announcement on Dec. 26 to redraw evacuation zones, but many evacuees are reluctant to return to their homes due in part to fears over long-running effects of radiation.

Local government leaders are trying to persuade evacuees to go back to where they were before the nuclear power station was crippled by tsunami triggered by the Great East Japan Earthquake on March 11, but an increasing number of affected people have become accustomed to their lives in areas where they have taken shelter. Most of about 3,000 residents of Kawauchi village, whose eastern part falls within a government-designated evacuation zone within a radius of 20 kilometers from the troubled nuclear power complex, evacuated from their homes in the wake of the nuclear crisis.

But an emergency evacuation preparation advisory was lifted in late September for the western part of the village where the municipal government building stands. Levels of radiation there are now low.
---------
According to a survey conducted by the local government in June, 80 percent of the evacuees from the village said they wanted to return to their homes. But a senior local government official said, "If we conduct a survey now, 80 percent of them would say they do not want to return."

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Japan May Plan ‘Good Tepco, Bad Tepco’

“We’re probably seeing the beginnings of the end of Tepco as the entity that we know,” said Penn Bowers, a utilities’ analyst with CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets in Tokyo. The government may “wrap up the bad assets from Fukushima into a ‘Bad Tepco,’” and leave other assets as a ‘Good Tepco’ that could be listed, Bowers said.

Yesterday, shares in Tepco plunged to the lowest in at least 37 years after Trade and Industry Minister Yukio Edano said the company needs to consider being nationalized. Edano, who served as chief cabinet secretary and government spokesman in the months following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, now runs the ministry overseeing the nuclear power industry.

www.bloomberg.com...

No Information about the double Explosion on Nr. 3.

Maybe a mistranslation!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

No Information about the double Explosion on Nr. 3.

Human-San, it's been a spotty news story, but the actual statement comes from an official document released in November, "Summary Report of RSMC Beijing on Fukushima Nuclear Accident Emergency Response" submitted to the UN. www.google.com... ERA_Vienna2011%2Fdocuments%2FDoc-5-4-China.doc&ei=EEn7TpVQksC2B9u6qNAG&usg=AFQjCNEAY-JAKz38DrEHLefh1MGtyC4dqQ The report has a handful of questionable conclusions, and this paragraph contains a couple of them. First is the fact that there has never been a report of separate explosions from R2 and R4 the early morning of the 15th until recently. In the beginning there was only one explosion heard, and it switched from R2 to R4 to R2 back to R4. Here they are taking it a step further with two separate explosions.

The other fallacy is the second R3 explosion, which has been recently picked up by the media. I have no idea where this one came from as it has no basis in anything reported so far. What it does do is coincide with the greatest radiation pulse Fukushima put out, and since China didn't believe it came from R2 or R4 (unlike Tepco and the Japanese government which knew it came from below R4) they had to create a scenario that explained it. You'll probably see more of this in local media in the next few weeks. It'll pop up here, then there, and pretty soon it's an accepted concept.

On 15 March, an explosion was heard in Unit 2 and damaged the pressure-suppression system, causing the leaks of radioactive cooling water. Shortly afterward, Unit 4 was damaged by an explosion and a large amount of radioactive materials was released into the atmosphere. At 11:00 (Japan Standard Time) JST on 15 March, Unit 3 explored again. At that time, due to the easterly winds and precipitation in and around Fukushima, the surrounding areas including Tokyo, Nagano, Sendai and other places detected high radiation, which matched well with the simulation results.

new topics

top topics

<< 1165  1166  1167    1169  1170  1171 >>

join