It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1166.htm
<< 1163  1164  1165    1167  1168  1169 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hi thread, just a quick post and run - Nuckelchen just linked me the original FLIR clip. Makes much more sense to me now - it is a helicopter and someone using a hand held flir camera (the price of which must be ridiculous). The movement is definately hand held, it is not turbulence that it appeared to be in the slowed video linked here originally. Explains how they got the 'drone' there so quickly - a helicopter could easily travel from somewhere in Japan and make it in time. Drones do not always have the range of the larger planes due to fuel capacity and relative size. I sure as hell would not want to be that cameraman!

This also explains why you see what appears to be a cloud at the start, right hand side of the frame - it will be a body heat reflection off the inside of the canopy. I have filmed from a helicopter before and had similar issues with glare using a standard visible light camera. Filming behind a canopy can suck. It picked up reflections from my tshirt logo (black shirt, white logo).

external link to YT video at time FLIR footage is cut to (from a news item)

Also today I replicated the 'white flash' video on my camera. Not as much shake though, they have an even bigger lense, likely a telescope sized arrangement.

edit: Also the distance they are keeping from the plant suggests they were fully aware of the risks involved. If a chopper won't get that close then why are people next to/inside the plants around this time!?!

I'll be back on tonight for further responses and analysis when I have more time (when home).
edit on 25/12/11 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Japan probe finds nuclear disaster response failed

Japan's response to the nuclear crisis that followed the March 11 tsunami was confused and riddled with problems, including an erroneous assumption an emergency cooling system was working and a delay in disclosing dangerous radiation leaks, a report revealed Monday.

The disturbing picture of harried and bumbling workers and government officials scrambling to respond to the problems at Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant was depicted in the report detailing a government investigation. The 507-page interim report, compiled by interviewing more than 400 people!

www.google.com...

Ministry sets guideline to reuse contaminated waste

The ministry said it estimates that at least 342,000 tons of disaster waste remain in five municipalities around the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, including Minamisoma and Namie.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

3 pilot plants to try decontaminating debris in Fukushima

Three decontamination pilot plants will begin operations as early as January in Fukushima Prefecture to seek efficient ways to reduce the amount of radiation there in debris and soil, sources familiar with the matter said Monday.

-----
In Okuma, construction company Kumagai Gumi Co. will set up a plant near the municipal government office to conduct a test to decontaminate soil taken from schools and parks with water using a special washer.

The washed soil will be enclosed in concrete and the radiation effects will be monitored, the sources said.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

How long we will have to wait for the Report,
i hope not so long but until now i cant see a translation!

In the case anybody found it please send a Link!
edit on 26-12-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Tepco is up to their old tricks folks. They have scrubbed data from the 15th of March from their website. Originally there were numerous press releases on the 15th concerning the situation at Daiichi and especially with what was happening at R4 that day.

First thing they did was remove any Daiichi posts (except one that breifly mentioned R4 explosion and can be seen at www.tepco.co.jp...) and replace them with the following press releases concerning Daini.

www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...

Each one of these stated the same discussing the situation of daini approaching cold shutdown.

Now, they have gone one step further and removed all press release from March 15th. If you go to press releases this is what you find.

(Mar 16,2011)Fire occurrence at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 4 (2nd Release) (Mar 16,2011)Fire occurrence at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 4
(Mar 16,2011)Transfer of Fukushima Dai-ichi Power Station Workers
(Mar 14,2011)White smoke around the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 3 (3rd release)
(Mar 14,2011)White smoke around the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 3 (2nd release)

NO PRESS RELEASES FROM THE 15TH AT ALL. NOR CAN I FIND ANY IN MY FILE THAT SHOULD HAVE THEM. WE NEED AN INDEPENDENT TEAM TO GO IN AND LOCK DOWN ALL DATA BEFORE TEPCO IS ALLOWED TO SCRUB IT ALL. AND THIS SCRUBBING DIDNT BEGIN UNTIL WE STARTED QUESTIONING WHAT HAPPENED AT R4. THESE BASTARDS CANT BE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS.

And I blew it. I didnt think theyd actually change their press releases as these are so widely distributed and I never saved them to disk. BIG MISTAKE.

ON EDIT: It all depends on how you get there. Different portals show different stuff. You either get the Daini stuff, the no data at all page or a dead link page that you can go to old page through the google cache. However, even the google cahed page has been tampered with as it now only goes to April, NO MARCH AT ALL. THE FINAL LISTING IS;

+ Archive of April, 2011 [display and non-display]
edit on 26-12-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
How long we will have to wait for the Report,
i hope not so long but until now i cant see a translation!

In the case anybody found it please send a Link!
edit on 26-12-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

Tepco is now playing hard ball and I seriously doubt we will ever see the interim report released in english. Theyre doiung this with other important releases as well. No more data for those bums at ATS is their thinking.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

GR, theyre scrubbing stuff right and left. Im amazed we got that video. Good work for you and Nucklechen.

We are now at war with Tepco and supporters. They are all a run away train that is going to take the human race with them unless we take charge.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
AC, I think youre right, there were multiple expulsions from R4 over a period of two days. But I cant post the data that leads me to believe this yet as I dont want tepco and the self defense forces making stuff disappear. Abbracadabrra, pooooffff. gone with the wind never to be seen again.

By the way NISA and IAEA, this is all criminal activity that you are supposed to be monitoring and preventing. Heck of a job youre doing......or not.

IF ITS WAR THEY WANT ITS WAR THEY GOT!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
Tepco is up to their old tricks folks. They have scrubbed data from the 15th of March from their website. Originally there were numerous press releases on the 15th concerning the situation at Daiichi and especially with what was happening at R4 that day.

First thing they did was remove any Daiichi posts (except one that breifly mentioned R4 explosion and can be seen at www.tepco.co.jp...) and replace them with the following press releases concerning Daini.

www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...

Each one of these stated the same discussing the situation of daini approaching cold shutdown.

Now, they have gone one step further and removed all press release from March 15th. If you go to press releases this is what you find.

(Mar 16,2011)Fire occurrence at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 4 (2nd Release) (Mar 16,2011)Fire occurrence at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 4
(Mar 16,2011)Transfer of Fukushima Dai-ichi Power Station Workers
(Mar 14,2011)White smoke around the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 3 (3rd release)
(Mar 14,2011)White smoke around the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 3 (2nd release)

NO PRESS RELEASES FROM THE 15TH AT ALL. NOR CAN I FIND ANY IN MY FILE THAT SHOULD HAVE THEM. WE NEED AN INDEPENDENT TEAM TO GO IN AND LOCK DOWN ALL DATA BEFORE TEPCO IS ALLOWED TO SCRUB IT ALL. AND THIS SCRUBBING DIDNT BEGIN UNTIL WE STARTED QUESTIONING WHAT HAPPENED AT R4. THESE BASTARDS CANT BE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS.

And I blew it. I didnt think theyd actually change their press releases as these are so widely distributed and I never saved them to disk. BIG MISTAKE.

ON EDIT: It all depends on how you get there. Different portals show different stuff. You either get the Daini stuff, the no data at all page or a dead link page that you can go to old page through the google cache. However, even the google cahed page has been tampered with as it now only goes to April, NO MARCH AT ALL. THE FINAL LISTING IS;

+ Archive of April, 2011 [display and non-display]
edit on 26-12-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

They appear to have multiple mirror sites. They are updating them in order then changing the DNS assignments. I'm with you Z, I never expected them to try and re-write their own history, and I've checked my archive and I didn't save those either, thinking again that they can't go back and change a press release.

Dumb, banging head against my keyboard.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This Bloomberg news links to an Executive Summary, 22 pages (icanps.go.jp/eng/111226ExecutiveSummary.pdf)

Fukushima Probe Highlights Nuclear Regulator
By Tsuyoshi Inajima and Stuart Biggs -

www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-26/fukushima-probe-highlights-nuclear-regulator-in-list-of-nuclear-failures.html

icanps.go.jp/eng/interim-report.html

Interim Report (The full version is now being translated into English)

edit on 26-12-2011 by utranyt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Parents wary of Fukushima village schools

The Yomiuri Shimbun (Dec. 26, 2011)

www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/national/T111225001389.htm

A survey by the municipal government of Kawauchimura, Fukushima Prefecture, part of which was designated an emergency evacuation preparation zone, has found that most residents do not intend to let their children return there for school.

There is a primary school, a middle school and a day care center in the now-dissolved emergency evacuation preparation zone, and the survey was conducted on 142 residents whose 227 children were to attend or enroll in one of the facilities at the start of fiscal 2011.

The survey was conducted by anonymous questionnaire in November. Eighty-eight people with 147 children responded. The children comprised 80 primary school students, 34 middle school students and 33 day care attendees.

Only 26 children, or 18 percent, had parents who said they would allow them to attend the schools: 12 primary school students, seven middle school students and seven in the day care center.

(...)

edit on 26-12-2011 by utranyt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I believe I know what happened to the original Tohoku Nuclear Power Line (TNLP) that should have been available for use. I also think I have now connected the dots on the final primary construction of an illegal nuclear weapons factory underneath Fukushima.

In the photo below from the mid nineties, the final stage of construction is beginning. The underground portion is completed, having been under construction since the 70's.

This final stage includes the building of a) the primary access in and out of the UC, which is the CSFP, b) the secret administration building (what I called the far back building FBB) and c) the tunnel system that connects above ground structures to the UC ie. the backside of R1/R2 GST building, R1/R2's switching yard building (the part that doesnt appear damaged from R1s blast), the admin building (FBB) and the TNLP receiving station. This is especially evident running up the hill past the future home of the refrigeration trailer.

One of the March mysteries surrounding reconnecting to the grid was that it appeared their were two different stories unfolding at the same time. One story unfolded on the 16th and 18th with progress being made connecting to the grid by laying a 3000 plus foot cable offsite. Then there were stories on the 17th and 19th talking about connecting to a Tohoku line that turned out to be the Yonomori line from Tohoku.

In the photo below it shows where the TNLP now ends, instead of proceeding down the hill to the switching yard. Also note the line that runs from it to the site of the future FBB just to the north. At the time this pic was taken it is was being wired to feed the UC entirely, with the R1/R2 switching yard feed as a back-up.

The TNLP receiving station was probably damaged in the R3/R4/UC blasts as was everything else connected. This means the line would be hot up to the last tower before the station. This is possibly where they layed up to and tied into on the 16th and 18th, but since emergency trucks were now up and running and the Yonomori line was only a day behind, and they really really didnt want to bring attention to anything connected to the UC (like the CSFP and exhaust house) they let it slip from the radar.

So in essence they did make an attempt at connecting to it. Photo from www.icjt.org...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Some results from testing in Japan.
www.acro.eu.org...

Senior government officials earlier said Japan has begun discussing with the IAEA about the discovery of unaccounted-for or unreported enriched uranium and plutonium in large quantities of nuclear waste disposed of by Japanese facilities.
mdn.mainichi.jp...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Japan to Lift Ban on Entry into Areas near TEPCO N-Plant

jen.jiji.com/jc/eng?g=eco&k=2011122600782

Tokyo, Dec. 26 (Jiji Press)--The Japanese government on Monday decided to lift a ban on entry into the 20-kilometer no-go zone around Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s stricken Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant in April 2012 at the earliest.

At a meeting of its nuclear accident response headquarters, the government decided that it will hold discussions with Fukushima Prefecture and municipalities in and near the no-go zone and set new zoning based on radiation doses by the end of March.

The government will reclassify into three groups the areas in and near the no-go zone where radiation levels are high. Residents will be allowed to make brief visits to their homes even in areas designated as most contaminated in the new zoning, but the areas will be blocked off by barricades.

The headquarters also removed its declaration of an nuclear emergency at TEPCO's Fukushima No. 2 nuclear power plant, which stands near the No. 1 plant.

At the meeting, Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda, chief of the headquarters, said the government will listen carefully to local residents and try to respond to their needs in its reclassification work.

Among three new groups are areas where the annual cumulative radiation levels exceed 50 millisieverts and are unlikely to fall below 20 millisieverts five years from now. In principle, residents of these areas will not be allowed to return home for a long time.

In areas of over 20 millisieverts but short of 50 millisieverts, residents will be required to stay away until radiation levels fall below the 20-millisievert line.

In areas below 20 millisieverts, the aim will be the early permanent homecoming of residents.

The government will also consider lifting evacuation advisories in hot spots, or isolated areas where radiation levels are high outside the no-go or evacuation zones.

The government is expected to designate some areas of the towns of Futaba and Okuma, where the Fukushima No. 1 plant stands, as most contaminated areas.

Once determined, the borders separating such areas from less polluted others will be fixed at least for five years. But they will be redrawn depending on future radiation levels and progress in postdisaster reconstruction nearby.

For protection from radiation exposure, barricades will be used to separate the areas. An expressway that runs through the areas will be reopened after decontamination and protective measures are taken.

Areas with annual radiation levels of over 20 millisieverts but below 50 millisieverts will be reclassified as least polluted areas after the radiation levels fall below the 20-millisievert line.

In the least polluted areas, residents will be flexibly allowed to go home and resume their agricultural and business activities in the near future.

Evacuation advisories for these areas will be lifted following further decontamination work and the restoration of power, water, communications and other social infrastructure.

At the Fukushima No. 2 plant, about 10 kilometers south of the stricken plant, nuclear reactors reached the stable condition called cold shutdown on March 15 although the facilities temporarily lost reactor-cooling functions.

The plant did not experience any accidents in which radioactive materials were released to the environment. The lifting of the emergency declaration also reflected the government view that the plant's measures against further quakes and tsunami are sufficient.

(2011/12/26-22:08)

Copyright 2011 Jiji Press LTD

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
In my own (unprofessional) Calculations about the Number of Deaths
related to the Disaster i discovered a Gap yesterday!

I done my Research only based on the People who died
because of the Evacuations in the Hospitals
and Retirement Houses but i forgot the Rescue-Mission
that was still ongoing!

I was reading and posting the following Article a few Days ago:

Would-Be Rescuers Still Haunted by Japan's Disasters

Six hours after giant waves ravaged a seaside community near here on March 11, Kimihisa Takano looked down on a debris-strewn river bank and thought he heard faint sounds coming from under the rubble, and then moans.

With no rescue tools or floodlight to search in the dark, the volunteer firefighter headed back to the town hall disaster headquarters to call for reinforcements. Before leaving, he called out, convinced that there was a survivor: "Hang in there. We will come get you." He never made it back to the scene.

As trouble at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear-power plant flared up overnight, government officials were forced to issue an evacuation order early the next morning, and rescue workers like Mr. Takano—who recalled the events in a recent interview—soon had to shift gears.

Instead of resuming the search for survivors at daybreak, the volunteer firefighters from Namie, a town as close as five kilometers from the plant, had to drive block to block to warn people to evacuate.
--------------
Rescue workers and residents in towns within 10 kilometers of the nuclear compound say they were hampered by manpower shortages and other problems as the earthquake rolled into a nuclear disaster and upended the rescue effort.

Other towns along the Pacific coast continued at full strength during the three days after the quake, finding many survivors. But those closest to the plant found themselves suddenly caught in a no-go zone, and remain haunted by memories of a rescue effort cut short.

online.wsj.com...

The following Graphic is from this Article:

My Calculation is based on this Numbers that we could saved ca. 25%
of the Death and Missing People in Area Nr.2/ 10Km Radius of the Plant,
to the Deaths of the Evacuation we need to add ca. 31 People!

This is moving the already existing Death-Toll
because of the Nuclear Accident up to ca. 450!

Something wrong with my Calculations?
edit on 26-12-2011 by Human0815 because: info

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

They appear to have multiple mirror sites. They are updating them in order then changing the DNS assignments. I'm with you Z, I never expected them to try and re-write their own history, and I've checked my archive and I didn't save those either, thinking again that they can't go back and change a press release.

Dumb, banging head against my keyboard.

Im blown out. Now I cant even find the Daini replacements. Its like the 15th never happened.

And then there's this clown Amano from the IAEA who gives press conferences that no one can understand even though he is supposedly speaking english. Closed caption only picks up a handful of his words. And here he's beginning to turn into a nuclear reindeer.

Scary. Very scary.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Tepco have never (as far as I know) listed all the press releases for a year and limit the number shown to the last 450 or so. The older ones drop off the page as new ones come on at the top. Their page goes back to Nov 1 2011 Tepco Press releases but there are far more than this in the full list.
-------------------------------
The Press Releases 5,6,& 7 from the 15th about Daini do not contain anything but "no change in status from " 10am, 11am, 12am messages.

Press Release 1 on that day is interesting and mentions a hydrogen explosion in Daini. (second sentence below) My emphrasis.

Why or what would cause a hydrogen explosion in Daini?

=====================================

- At present, the unit has achieved reactor cold shutdown.
- At approximately 11:01am, Mar 14th, an explosion followed by white
smoke occurred at the reactor building of Unit 3. It was believed to be
a hydrogen explosion.

- There was an increase of radiation dose at site boundary measured at
the monitoring post of Fukushima Daini Nuclear Power Station.
Accordingly, at 10:07pm Mar 14th and at 12:35am Mar 15th, it was
determined that that a specific incident stipulated in article 10,
clause 1 (Increase of radiation dose at site boundary) has occurred.
- We will continue to monitor in detail the possibility of radioactive
material being discharged from exhaust stack or discharge canal.

[This is from a Press Release about Daini NOT Daiichi on the 15th Mar 2011

Of course, they could have made a "mistake" in the identification of the locations.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There is not much point in them removing data, be it press releases, articles, or videos.
Between so many of us, we have it, and it will be redistributed. It only slows, never stops, the leak of data and implicates them even further.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Aircooled, Video No 12 shows the hanging pipe with the piece of cloth over it (bottom-left) referenced in the last page or last-but-one page. Also yellow cap.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OceanGeek
There is not much point in them removing data, be it press releases, articles, or videos.
Between so many of us, we have it, and it will be redistributed. It only slows, never stops, the leak of data and implicates them even further.

You're 100% correct
Sort of like trying to stop water with a sieve. Used to tell customers 'one cable to rule them all' - while holding a network cable.

Here is the unmolested data from the 15th. Also the raw japanese pdf data including radioactivity measurements and some charts.

rapidshare.com...

The 11031501-e page is identical. Don't see any differences. That Daini explosion is very interesting though.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Spring Pollen...More than 250,000 bq/k

Extremely high radiation levels of more than 250,000 becquerels per kilogram of radioactive cesium have been detected in male flowers of cedar trees in the no-entry zone near the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Don't know if this Caltech report had ever been posted:
www2.galcit.caltech.edu...

- Purple Chive
edit on 27-12-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ministry to buy up cesium-tainted rice from Fukushima Pref.
(Mainichi Japan) December 27, 2011

mdn.mainichi.jp/mdnnews/news/20111227p2g00m0dm078000c.html

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Farm minister Michihiko Kano said Tuesday his ministry will buy up rice from farmers in Fukushima Prefecture whose products mark radiation levels over 100 becquerels per kilogram in the wake of the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant, triggered by the March earthquake and tsunami.

The announcement of the support measure for farmers came after the health ministry proposed last week to lower the maximum allowable radioactive cesium level to 100 becquerels per kilogram from 500 becquerels for rice and other regular food items.

While the tougher standard is set to take effect in October 2012, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries will adopt it for the rice-purchasing program immediately to stabilize farmers' financial profile and isolate tainted rice to eliminate radiation concerns among consumers.

(...)

new topics

top topics

<< 1163  1164  1165    1167  1168  1169 >>

join