It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1151.htm
<< 1148  1149  1150    1152  1153  1154 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Kashiwa Japan readings.

By the way, I got in touch with the man in Illinois because I couldn't read how high his spike was on the video. It was 50 CPM, so roughly double background. Nothing insanely high like this man has in Kashiwa.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Aircooled because: I forget

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Hey all... been trying to recover from heavy emotional fallout from the magnitude of the disaster. I know this may sound silly to some, but I get sad and depressed when I think about this situation too much. I need to break away sometimes when I read up on the very good posts here and study on the web for the stuff I bring. Feeling better and want to add more now...

zworld: Amazing heart and soul post. Secret underground nuke bases? The ones above ground are bad enough for me. Have to think about that one.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Fuel rods. I'm not sure what the wreckage is behind it but they zoomed on it.

Its a truck. We're seeing it from the bottom after a wall of water "drove" it here and landed it on its side. I think I see some wheels there. Good pics of some of the destruction effects.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Something from zworld and Human about data disappearing from the web? This is a YouTube I brought here in a post about the explosion in #3 that disappeared shortly after I brought it here. The short one with the sound of explosions and the news lady at the end looking stunned? It's been copyrighted by Japan TV now. (sorry about that)

I am sure others have noticed that words like Tepco, Fukushima Daichi, corium, radionuclides, and others are flagged by spellcheck. The rewrite of history continues.

Here in the US on the west coast we have little if any news coming from Fukushima. This could be one reason why...

(General Electric is a parent company of msnbc.com through GE's 49 percent stake in NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal and Microsoft are equal partners in msnbc.com.)

So GE, the producer of the MK1 BWR's that were overwhelmed by the earthquake and Tsunami in Japan, owns a sizable portion of MSNBC. No wonder there is a general news blackout in the US from "the zone".

Source of emissions

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Radioactive water leaks inside Japan plant
By YURI KAGEYAMA | AP

news.yahoo.com/radioactive-water-leaks-inside-japan-plant-033148015.html

(...)

Tetsuya Saito, spokesman for Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, said 1.8 tons of radioactive water leaked from a pump in Genkai's No. 3 reactor, and the cause was still under investigation.

The water was funneled into a storage area and posed no safety risk, he said.

Kyushu Electric issued a statement Friday about a pump problem but did not mention the leak. Officials at the utility were not immediately available for comment Saturday.

"There have been various problems at Genkai," Saito said. "But there is no safety problem as a result of what happened this time."

He said it was up to Kyushu Electric to determine whether to announce the leak.

Genkai Mayor Hideo Kishimoto complained that the utility has not been fully open with information.

"The local government needs to know," Kyodo News agency quoted him as saying. "I have repeatedly demanded the utility change its ways."

Last month, Kyushu Electric restarted Genkai's No. 4 reactor after it automatically shut down following an abnormality in a steam condenser that did not cause any radiation leaks or injuries. The No. 3 reactor was halted for a routine inspection when the pump problem developed.

(...)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is hard for me to put into words. Some people have been angered by the unfolding events in Japan. Me too. Some people direct their anger at Japan. Me too. I find that more difficult because I am an American and I have to remember America's role in this debacle. For instance:

Who made this?

L1. The Amount of Plutonium in the Nagasaki Bomb. This glass ball is the exact size of the plutonium core in the bomb that destroyed Nagasaki. Plutonium is a man-made nuclear explosive; it is created inside all nuclear reactors when uranium is bombarded with neutrons. Some uranium atoms can absorb a neutron without fissioning; when that happens, they are transmuted into plutonium atoms. Plutonium has become the nuclear explosive of choice in the world’s nuclear arsenals. Nuclear power advocates also see plutonium as the fuel of the future, as a resurgence of nuclear power will make plutonium fuel a necessity when uranium supplies dwindle. Kansas City, Missouri. 22 September 1983.
These photographs by Robert Del Tredici are protected by copyright and are available for purchase as high-quality digital prints on archival paper or as silver gelatin prints from bdeltredici@hotmail.com.

And who did this?

This bronze Buddha was melted by heat from the Hiroshima bomb. Bronze melts at around 1600 degrees F. The temperature on the ground beneath the exploding Hiroshima bomb reached about 7000 degrees. Hiroshima Peace Museum, Hiroshima, Japan. November 13, 1984.

And who built this?

My country built the friggin things. My country used nuclear power (in one form) on the country of Japan, and then sold them another form amid promises of safety and prosperity. Now the Japanese are left holding the bag, again, and trying their best(?) to deal with the fallout of those promises my country made. This is why its tough for me to partake in these threads without a certain amount of conflict. Just had to clear the air. Now, back to Japan bashing...

Photo Gallery

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
All 4 of the disabled plants at the Daichi complex are similar in construction and the problems they encountered when the earthquake and Tsunami struck. Here is a good picture of the best "containment" man could provide. Little match for the destructive force they encountered. The top two floors of #1 blew off leaving just the grid we see here at the top of the structure. Although it is not represented here the "free standing steel dry well" is 5" thick Stainless Steel. Below the reactor is the concrete "basemat" that the entire assembly rests on. I remember watching the charts back in April showing thermocouples failing that were buried deep in the basemat of #3.

The BWR was developed by the Idaho National Laboratory and General Electric in the mid-1950s. The main present manufacturer is GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy, which specializes in the design and construction of this type of reactor.

Reactor Diagrams

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
TEPCO: Recently retired head of Fukushima has cancer — Exposed to 70 millisieverts since March — Said not related to meltdowns

enenews.com/tepco-recently-retired-head-of-fukushima-plant-has-cancer-exposed-to-70-millisieverts-since-march-said-not-related-to-meltdowns

Friday, December 9, 2011
"Baseless Rumors": Japanese Twitterers Do Not Believe Yoshida's Cancer is in the Esophagus

ex-skf.blogspot.com/2011/12/baseless-rumors-japanese-twitterers-do.html

TEPCO: Plant chief's cancer not related to radiation
December 10, 2011

ajw.asahi.com/article/behind_news/people/AJ201112100081n

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Scientists Assess Radioactivity In Ocean From Japan Fukushima Nuclear Plant/ Tepco depended

With current news of additional radioactive leaks from the Fukushima nuclear power plants, the impact on the ocean of releases of radioactivity from the plants remains unclear. But a new study by U.S. and Japanese researchers analyzes the levels of radioactivity discharged in the first four months after the accident. It draws some basic conclusions about the history of contaminant releases to the ocean.

The study was conducted by Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution chemist Ken Buesseler and two colleagues based in Japan, Michio Aoyama of the Meteorological Research Institute and Masao Fukasawa of the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology. They report that discharges from the Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear power plants peaked one month after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami that precipitated the nuclear accident, and continued through at least July.

Concentrations of cesium-137, a radioactive isotope with a 30-year half-life, at the plants’ discharge points to the ocean peaked at more than 50 million times normal/previous levels.

www.eurasiareview.com...

Fukushima Fallout, Impact on Ocean Still Murky / paid by Tepco

Concentrations 18 miles offshore were higher than those measured in the ocean after the Chernobyl accident 25 years ago, but thanks to ocean mixing processes, the levels rapidly diluted off the northwest coast of Japan.

The researchers report that the plants remain a significant source of contamination to the coastal waters. "There is currently no data that allow us to distinguish between several possible sources of continued releases," said Buesseler.

"These most likely include some combination of direct releases from the reactors, or storage tanks or indirect releases from groundwater beneath the reactors or coastal sediments, both of which are likely contaminated from the period of maximum releases."

"We don't know how this might affect benthic marine life, and with a half-life of 30 years, any cesium-137 accumulating in sediments or groundwater could be a concern for decades to come," he added.

www.medicaldaily.com...

and now, very Japanese:

"Mamacawa (Cute Mom) Project"

Representing some 300 members across Japan of the "Mamacawa (Cute Mom) Project," which promotes educational activities of young mothers, the models recently took part in study sessions on practical ways to protect their children from the adverse effects of radiation.

They also held talks with an award-winning U.S. film director, who shot documentaries on children affected by the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster. In a roundtable talk organized by Kyodo News in November, three of these celebrity moms asked Keisuke Amagasa, a 64-year-old freelance journalist specializing in nuclear power, to provide useful tips on how to select and cook food to ensure their children's safety.

Hitomi Dewa, a 27-year-old mother of two, who hails from the city of Koriyama in Fukushima Prefecture, said she is worried about her sister and relatives who still live relatively close to the troubled plant.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

@ Zworld,

i really doubt a Censorship here in Japan,
i observe the situation now since 9 Month and until now
there is only the knowledge that the Government shut People who do Yakuza things,
like decontamination, etc!

None of the small PTA Groups is observed, some of the big ones are.
No Blog. like Fukushima Diary, got closed, FD is rarely read by Japanese People
because it is written in English and it is too unprofessional!

For example B. Fulford is posting from here,
he is crazy and posting disinformation but sometimes he is well informed~!
edit on 10-12-2011 by Human0815 because: linking

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Very quite here today

Regarding the article of Weekly Post December 9 Issue (p153-154) "Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant was cyber-attacked"

December 8, 2011 Tokyo Electric Power Company The December 9 Issue of Weekly Post reported that the control system at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station was cyber-attacked.

However, such facts have not been confirmed.
The control system owned by TEPCO is not configured to have cyber attacks.

www.tepco.co.jp...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Getting the report out is now of greatest importance. We must wake the world up. short post

Steam spikes now explained as R3 S/C bursting.

www.news24.jp...#

This is once again the dog chasing it's tail. Just like the mystery of why R4 blew (which has hatched numerous scenarios), here too they can't explain how spikes of steam (white) clouds could appear away from, and after the dark R3 explosion.

As highlighted in June (or July) in multiple posts, these individual white spikes are coming from the R1 and R2 GTB that also blew out the same time as the R3 blast, as well as blown manholes and possibly the damage to the R2 side of the TrB via the tunneling network for the Tohoku power line which ran from there into the UC through the CSFP and the EH.

At the time I brought this up in discussions, no one wanted to talk about it, not even here, yet it was so obvious a question without an answer that I am still puzzled by people's reactions. You cant have individual white spikes shoot straight up from the ground up to 12 seconds after the primary blast a distance away. They had to be from another source.

These spikes, the missing Tohoku power line and the intense heat from the CSFP roof are what finally made me consider the UC as a possibility.

Concerning the R1/R2 GTB damage, it was suggested that the tunnel system to the GTB could have caused the blast via connection to R3, and not the UC. Two problems with this equation. The tunnels from the back side of the R1/R2 GTB (the front lower side didn't blow) splits and goes to either the tunnel to R1/R2 or the Tohoku power line tunnel (which is a weird connection in and of itself. Why run through the same tunnel lines of gas and electricity. They dont do that do they?).

And second, the tunnel from R3 goes to the R3/R4 tower side of the GTB where there is absolutely no damage whatsoever.

Also below is one of the frames from the March 28 recent video find. If anyone still thinks that the R3 blast caused the GTB damage, look at what direction all the hanging debris is going towards.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
2011/12/09 16:55 KST
S. Korea, Russia to seek joint study on radioactive contamination in East Sea

english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2011/12/09/71/0302000000AEN20111209006700320F.HTML

SEOUL, Dec. 9 (Yonhap) -- South Korea and Russia have agreed to review a joint maritime environmental study in the East Sea as Japan's quake-hit nuclear plant caused the release of radioactive contaminants into the environment, Seoul's trade ministry said Friday.

Radiation released into the atmosphere from the crippled Fukushima plant in the aftermath of March's devastating quake and tsunami has been spread by wind and rain.

"The two countries have agreed to review a monitoring of maritime pollution and seek to cooperate for the establishment of an early warning system against quakes and tsunamis," the ministry said.

Tokyo Electric Power, the operator of the nuclear plant, has been considering discharging some treated water into the sea because it is running out of storage space. The potential move, however, has been met with strong opposition from fishing groups.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Kakadu group to show uranium film in Japan
16:47 AEST Fri Dec 9 2011

news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8387423/kakadu-group-to-show-uranium-film-in-japan

A group of Aboriginal people from Kakadu are planning to screen a documentary about uranium mining at a conference in Japan early next year.

The delegation of the Mirarr people will travel to Yokohama, Japan, to participate in the Global Conference for a Nuclear Power Free World, which will be held in January.

At the conference the group will screen the film Dirt Cheap 30 Years On, about uranium mining in Kakadu National Park.

A statement from the Environment Centre NT said the delegation will also visit Fukushima and Tokyo and interview people affected by the recent nuclear disaster.

© AAP 2011

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Taobao blocks tainted-formula searches

China Daily, December 8, 2011

www.china.org.cn/business/2011-12/08/content_24107007.htm

China's biggest online shopping website, Taobao, has blocked Meiji baby formula from its search results since Meiji Dairies Corp of Japan announced on Tuesday that radioactive cesium was found in the product.

Meiji infant formula produced in Japan is not officially sold in China, but has been widely available on various shopping websites

According to Taobao, it has contacted industrial and commercial authorities in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, where the company is based. Meiji formula will not appear in its search results until authorities give the OK.

(...)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Zworld your summation paper was fantastic. I bow down to your greatness....

Also, I came across this today, it seems we have another plant that is in trouble.
One would almost think it was Fuku the way it was presented in my UPI update.
I almost missed it.
More nasty's out in the environment.

Japan nuke plant leaks radioactive waste

TOKYO, Dec. 10 (UPI) -- Some 1.8 tons of radioactive water leaked from a nuclear power plant in southwestern Japan, but was contained, local officials in Genkai said.

The plant operated by the Kyushu Electric Power Co. reported to local authorities it was having a problem with a pump Friday, but didn't immediately disclose the leak, the Kyodo news agency reported.

Officials said the No. 3 reactor was shut down when temperatures rose and the water leaked. It was all contained and has since been recovered, they said
Regardless, Genkai Mayor Hideo Kishimoto told reporters he was angry with the utility for withholding the information. "It should have been reported properly," the mayor said.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said the leak hadn't posed a safety threat, but ordered an investigation into the incident, the report said.

Elsewhere Friday, Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda announced temperatures in three melted reactor cores at the tsunami-damaged Fukushima power plant had fallen below boiling,

China's state-run Xinhua news agency reported. Read more: www.upi.com...

My source
rbrtj

edit on 10-12-2011 by rbrtj because: miss pelled lol

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
It seems we have a bit more film to pick through. I know we've seen this area when they graded it but what a strange concrete pour eh? The point to the north. It makes me wonder if they were just burying radioactive debris, or if maybe it could be something else?

When you see the footage you'll know why I am asking if I have properly marked the freight shaft. So is it that box with the X through it?

Theres some film of the control rods in #4 in here as well. At the 5 minute mark you will jump to the 4th floor of #4. At the end of the film you are on the 3rd floor of #4.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
M, you were wondering where this 4th floor pipe went, with the catwalk under it and the green pole to the right?

I think I can help. I have marked the bend in the pipe, the green pole, and the arrow on top of the machine would be where the worker is standing and where our hole in the ceiling is. Note: That machine that the worker is standing on has a curved edge in both pics also, and the catwalk is under it. Note: Blue edged freight shaft at the bottom.

A better shot of the shaft. We have some sandbags and plywood, and the pool would be behind the wall and machines. Please note, Camera man is standing on scafold built on the south side of the freight shaft. It will help you get your bearings when you get to the footage of the shaft on the 3rd floor at the end of the film..

Now lets pop upstairs to the 5th floor and our object one more time. I marked the blue shaft on the left and that red attachment to our collar. It sure looks like this shot up that shaft. But from where?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

TEPCO to depend on foreign companies for Fukushima plant insurance/
is this they are waiting for?

Tokyo Electric Power Co. plans to seek insurance from foreign companies for its Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant as Japanese insurers have refused to renew coverage expiring in January, industry sources said Friday. Japanese nuclear plant operators are required to have insurance contracts with the government for accidents caused by natural disasters such as earthquakes and tsunami waves, and with private-sector insurers for other accidents.

Without insurance, they would have to give the government massive deposits.

A consortium of 23 Japanese property and casualty insurers have decided not to renew their contract with TEPCO for the plant crippled by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, prompting the utility to look for other insurers or make deposits.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Nobel laureate, citizens urge abolition of nuclear reactors

Nobel literature laureate Kenzaburo Oe and antinuclear activists held a rally in Tokyo on Saturday calling for the abolition of nuclear reactors in the aftermath of radiation leaks at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant.

Addressing the protesters in Hibiya Park, who numbered around 5,500, according to the organizers, Oe condemned the Diet's approval Friday of nuclear cooperation agreements with Jordan, Russia, South Korea and Vietnam to allow exports of Japanese-made reactors and technologies to the countries.

"The levels of politicians' caution regarding nuclear reactors have returned to those before March 11" when the massive earthquake and tsunami crippled the Fukushima plant, Oe said.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Nuclear crisis panel must calmly find the truth

Transparency essential This is the first time the government has set up an investigative body featuring people from the private sector based on a law. The Diet's secretariat must provide proper assistance to the panel, such as by appointing staff members with expert knowledge.

The committee will reportedly make it a principle to thoroughly disclose information to the public during its investigation. Although ensuring transparency will certainly be important, the panel will need to consider how information is disclosed so that statements made at panel meetings are not always left open to criticism from outsiders. As the ruling and opposition parties have agreed, every effort must be made so there will be absolutely no room for outsiders to doubt the panel's political neutrality.

Meanwhile, the government panel tasked with investigating and verifying the nuclear crisis is scheduled to compile its interim report by the end of this month. It is meaningful that two investigation panels, one set up by the Diet and the other by the government, are trying to uncover the truth from multiple viewpoints. We hope the Diet investigative committee will be aware of its heavy responsibility and submit proposals that contribute to improving nuclear plant safety.

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

I hope you are all Hyper-Genki and optimistic
Kindly Regards

(There will be a Sun rising in the Morning and we dance hand in hand, all together )

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
M, you were wondering where this 4th floor pipe went, with the catwalk under it and the green pole to the right?

I think I can help. I have marked the bend in the pipe, the green pole, and the arrow on top of the machine would be where the worker is standing and where our hole in the ceiling is. Note: That machine that the worker is standing on has a curved edge in both pics also, and the catwalk is under it. Note: Blue edged freight shaft at the bottom.

A better shot of the shaft. We have some sandbags and plywood, and the pool would be behind the wall and machines. Please note, Camera man is standing on scafold built on the south side of the freight shaft. It will help you get your bearings when you get to the footage of the shaft on the 3rd floor at the end of the film..

Now lets pop upstairs to the 5th floor and our object one more time. I marked the blue shaft on the left and that red attachment to our collar. It sure looks like this shot up that shaft. But from where?

Thanks AC as always excellent work!

My interest in that pipe, is to see if it's the possible source of the Hydrogen. I don't like coincidents during any investigation, because in most cases, you find the culprit.

I don't see any breaks in that pipe, BUT if this is a supply or feed line for water from the reactor or SFP, then yes that pressure could have built up and busted a seam on the pipe, releasing Hydrogen.

Since it's pretty obvious that the main portion of at least one explosion was right there, I'm starting to suspect that pipe as the source of the leak.

BUT, it's still early in the data that we are being spoon fed......

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
"At the time I brought this up in discussions, no one wanted to talk about it, not even here, yet it was so obvious a question without an answer that I am still puzzled by people's reactions. You cant have individual white spikes shoot straight up from the ground up to 12 seconds after the primary blast a distance away. They had to be from another source."

Actually Z, I thought I recalled replying to this but after a search I couldn't find it. Weird.

What if we had pockets of hydrogen all over the complex? You really don't need all that much to create hellish power.

Each small detonation caused it's own localized damage.

Just a thought...

top topics

<< 1148  1149  1150    1152  1153  1154 >>

join