It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1149.htm
<< 1146  1147  1148    1150  1151  1152 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Dozo o kudasai:

Actually the second Time i listen the Song today in a apocalyptic Movie.
I adore Lisa Gerrad

The Song

edit on 7-12-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hey everyone. I have been busy elsewhere and just caught up reading some posts here. Wonderful work.
One small addition. Some pages back people were scrutinizing overhead pics of the electrical output building up on the hill behind reactor building #1. It was damaged to some degree but hard to make out from above. I was cruising Cryptome today and found this image which I cropped and brought here:

The shock wave from #1 raced out and was compressed as it climbed the hill to focus on the electrical building. This smacked the back wall pretty hard and the rebound collapsed the sheet metal on the walls facing #1. Note the debris scattered on the hill and around the building from the blast. This pic was taken Mar. 20, by RC plane. The plume from #2 (hole in the wall) is visible as is a small plume from top of #1 inside the girder cage.

cryptome.org

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Japan Split on Hope for Vast Radiation Cleanup

Futaba is a modern-day ghost town — not a boomtown gone bust, not even entirely a victim of the devastating earthquake and tsunami that leveled other parts of Japan’s northeast coast.

Its traditional wooden homes have begun to sag and collapse since they were abandoned in March by residents fleeing the nuclear plant on the edge of town that began spiraling toward disaster. Roofs possibly damaged by the earth’s shaking have let rain seep in, starting the rot that is eating at the houses from the inside.

The roadway arch at the entrance to the empty town almost seems a taunt. It reads:
“Nuclear energy: a correct understanding brings a prosperous lifestyle.”

www.nytimes.com...

Japan sends troops to Fukushima/ regarding the Troops Video

The Japanese government dispatched some 900 troops Wednesday to areas around the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station for decontamination efforts.

The troops started to clean up municipal offices in the no-go zone and neighbouring areas.

The government wants the buildings to serve as bases for decontamination work in the areas from January.

Fukushima crisis raises nuclear energy costs to level on par with thermal power generation

The disaster at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant is expected to boost the cost of nuclear energy to levels on par with those for energy produced by thermal power plants, a development that is likely to prompt the government to seek a fine balance between costs, stable supply and environmental factors in formulating the country's new energy policy.

The government's cost-examining panel unveiled its preliminary calculations of energy costs on Dec. 6. It estimated the cost of the nuclear disaster at the Fukushima nuclear plant at 0.5 yen per kilowatt-hour. If government subsidies for municipalities hosting nuclear power plants and related facilities are included, the cost of nuclear energy, which had heretofore been deemed the lowest, is likely to be about the same as that of energy produced by thermal power plants.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Damages recommended for voluntary evacuation zones in Fukushima/ Arigato

A government panel Tuesday recommended that

400,000 yen

in damages be paid to pregnant women and minors aged 18 or younger who evacuated or remained in the voluntary evacuation zone since the March 11 earthquake and tsunami triggered the Fukushima nuclear crisis.

The Dispute Reconciliation Committee for Nuclear Damage Compensation also advised that

80,000 yen

in damages be paid to everyone else in the 23 municipalities outside the compulsory evacuation zones close to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant. Subject to the recommendations are about 1.5 million people, with the damage payments estimated to total 200 billion yen.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

For 400.000 Yen you can may sign a Contract for a small Apartment but nothing else!

This is a real SHAME and makes me so damned A-N-G-R-Y

more:

A-N-G-R-Y!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Watching TepcoCam (from 2011.12.07 18:57:15).

Very bright light to the right. Either very bright or because it is facing the cam directly. Also dots of colour (purple/orange) to the left of the light which seem to brighten with the main light, so they may be reflections or glares from other objects. Do these have any connection to the coloured beams?

The large red light is flashing on left, but other smaller ones on the middle crane have gone.

Also is that steam coming from the building window? It is slightly glowy like there is a light source from inside the building.

I am sure that the cam has been moved to the right again as that window is visible again at bottom left.

Have they moved it due to the activity indicated by bright light? Are they are up to something they dont want us to see?
edit on 7/12/2011 by YarlanZey because: The bright light facing us could also be used to cause a glare to hide activity.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

TEPCO: "26,000,000,000 Bq...no impact"

Rather presumptuous of TEPCO...

and we judged that the leaked water has been discharged into the sea from the exit of generally used channel. It was estimated that approx. 150 liter out of leakage water has flew in the channel, and assumed that it has been discharged into the sea through the generally used channel. As a result, the whole amount of radioactivity was approx. 2.6 x 1010 Bq (temporary). As the impact of the discharge water into the sea, in the assumption that we eat fish and seaweeds around the discharge channel every day, the effective zone for an adult is approx. 0.0037 mSv / year, that equals to approx. 1/600 of annual dose from nature for general public (2.4 mSv), so that we evaluate there is almost no impact.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

The colored Spots are "Lens-Flares"

( i smile because the word Lens-Flares is standing for so many things here on ATS)

The Camera changes, please read:

* After the replacement of camera at 1:05pm on December 3, a horizontal line is seen in the middle of the image. This is a reflection of the connecting part of 2 transparent camera covers. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for inconvenience.

I doubt that the Camera before was unprotected
but some People said already this new Cover is a protection against the Alpha Radiation
and the Light Strikes we saw so many Times!
edit on 7-12-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Another quick one on way to work. I dont believe for a second that all of a sudden they are sending in a military convoy to decontaminate the no go zone. They dont give a sh!t about the no go zone and have already written it off. My guess is that they are getting ready for something. The recent spike of rads in the US is one indicator. Notice how the spikes were following a pattern, and getting a little worse each time one rolled around.

ON EDIT: And this is possibly more evidence of heightened concerns. from potrblog.com concerning the new cam stuff.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Evidence TEPCO Replaced Radiation Damaged Fukushima WebCam And Modified It to Prevent Visual Detections of Radiation From Neptunium 239, Uranium 239, and Yttrium 90

On the extreme early morning of December 3, Japan time, TEPCO's Fukushima webcam showed indications of Beta and Gamma radiation impacting its Charge Coupled Device (CCD). The nature of these impacts was to produced fast pixel sized blips of light on the TEPCO webcam. Less than 12 hours after this incident at "at 1:05pm on December 3", and likely as quickly as was possible, TEPCO replaced the webcam and added "transparent camera covers". These covers are thick enough to cause a horizontal line reflection back into the camera.

The POTRBLOG team believes that the "transparent camera covers" are in actuality Nalgene beta radiation shields designed to prevent visual evidence of high beta radiation activity in the area, and to prevent the ingress of Alpa particles into the camera's CCD.

The shielding would not prevent Gamma ray interaction, however Gamma ray interaction with the CCD is less likely and produces a weaker effect when it does occur. Nor would the shield prevent Neutron damage to the CCD. Neutron damage to the CCD would be evidenced by black pixels on the CCD. Given TEPCO's rapid change out of the camera, there would have only been limited daylight hours available to ascertain/record the presence of such damage.

It is unfortunate that TEPCO has apparently taken such actions, as these nighttime visible radiation induced blips serve as a public early warning indicator of the severity of immediate radioactive discharge situation in Fukushima.

For a detail explanation on how radiation affects CCDs please see this article

edit on 7-12-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Aww Human... voices from the zone. Thank you for taking the time to show us all. Like a candle in all the darkness lighting the way. From your post, a new Tepco slogan. One which we here in the US will not hear:

“Nuclear energy: a correct understanding brings a prosperous lifestyle.”

And if our understanding is not correct?

Another:

...the cost of nuclear energy, which had heretofore been deemed the lowest, is likely to be about the same as that of energy produced by thermal power plants.

Well, at least its clean power generation (correct and prosperous).

And finally:

A government panel Tuesday recommended that
400,000 yen in damages be paid to pregnant women and minors aged 18 or younger...

Contract to move into a "small" apartment. Good thing for inflation of paper money. Made that amount sound HUGE. They are SO generous. What about the rest of the people? How about all the profit they have made from people paying utilities over the years? Add that up. Adjust for inflation and write a check... as a down payment. Then pack you up, move and pay expenses for one year at least. Life time free medical; people are going to need it. Why even announce such a small amount, it is an insult!

Thank you Human for making us aware of your ongoing difficulties. Keep holding up your candle. I can see it all the way across a vast ocean of lies.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

WARM AND FUZZY!! "Before Hydrogen Reaches the Explosion Limit"

On December 7, in order to secure enough time before the hydrogen reaches the explosion limit in case the nitrogen injection facility stops, we increased the injection amount of Nitrogen to the Reactor Pressure Vessel. ·Unit 1: 1:15 pm, increased from 10m3/h to 15m3/h ·Unit 2: 2:16 pm, increased from 10m3/h to 13m3/h ·Unit 3: 10:52 am, increased from 10m3/h to 15m3/h On December 7, since it is possible to secure enough time before the hydrogen reaches the explosion limit in case the nitrogen injection facility stops in the Primary Containment Vessel of unit 2, we decreased nitrogen injection from 26m3/h to 20m3/h.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

"Tepco's Explanations Don't Make Sense..."

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A little older but search showed it had not been brought yet:

Rumor control has it the rumors are that Japanese food is not safe to eat, for now. Seems everyone is taking off their masks... Love the bit at the end about Hong Kong officials promising to come to Japan to eat food in the "damaged areas".

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This one is kind of long, but worth the time!

Dr. Michio Kaku knows his stuff!

www.youtube.com...

I want to go back to the 'good old days' when Godzilla was the scariest thing Japan had to worry about!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Hey Purplechive... watching the RT YouTube video discussions about corium melting down to bedrock and water tables made me wonder how I could show similar activity in a known phenomenon that has been extensively filmed. So I brought some quick examples for everyone so inclined to see for themselves. Remember this is a only a representation of similar events for comparison.

Under water Pillow Lava formation off Hawaii:

Gas bubble formation or "steam cavitation" events:

Open air formation of lava "pillows":

The difference between Exuding volcanic lava and corium lava that might display these same traits is that the lava cools quicker as internal heat dissipates, whereas corium internal heat is self sustaining as long as any fissile material remains in the mass.

In the second video, gas is released in small bursts or cavitation explosions as the lava is exposed to cold water and flashes to steam. Gas bubbles are generated each time there is a new pillow "event", rising to the surface and emitting to the air. There is no big explosion or eruption just a steady stream of minor bursts with spikes of released gasses during pillow exuding events. This would tend to account for Tepco press releases of "fresh spikes" of "new radiation" including Iodine-131 which is generated during fission and keeps being detected. This could be construed to indicate portions of the reactor cores or SFP (cores) are still molten.

I included the last video to show new "feet" being formed from larger mass in a dry air setting. The heat is intense and yet only about half the temperature of corium. Gas emissions are steady albeit invisible compared to underwater or even partial contact with sea water gas/steam events as shown in the first two videos. Emissions to the atmosphere, bedrock, groundwater and oceans are ongoing as long as masses of molten corium remain. There is no containing these hi temp cutting torches or their emissions until the slow burn of remaining fuel in the corium masses is gone.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A few more interesting things in the pics. North wall, #4, 5th floor. Not only is the green roof support bent northward away from our unknown projectile but the concrete pillar as well. Same angle. We can see where the pillar was snapped by the #3 explosion that folded the N wall, south.

Now we pull back to the blown out center wall. The explosion, to our left. I marked the same two reference points [Top] and marked the stairs. Green stairs to the south, white stairs a little north.

A shot of the #4 pool and well from July 2nd, looking N. Same stairs marked on the left.

I hope these help us know our way around.

Ok. I found this video also. It could be nonsense, or something better. You decide.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

TEPCO: "26,000,000,000 Bq...no impact"

Rather presumptuous of TEPCO...

and we judged that the leaked water has been discharged into the sea from the exit of generally used channel. It was estimated that approx. 150 liter out of leakage water has flew in the channel, and assumed that it has been discharged into the sea through the generally used channel. As a result, the whole amount of radioactivity was approx. 2.6 x 1010 Bq (temporary). As the impact of the discharge water into the sea, in the assumption that we eat fish and seaweeds around the discharge channel every day, the effective zone for an adult is approx. 0.0037 mSv / year, that equals to approx. 1/600 of annual dose from nature for general public (2.4 mSv), so that we evaluate there is almost no impact.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Ex-Skf did some math...220 Tonnes works...
ex-skf.blogspot.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

There's That "Leak" Word Again...

www3.nhk.or.jp...

But another one bites the dust!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A report on workers at fuk from Australia.

And a good segment of the Diary.
fukushima-diary.com...#/#.Tt-i5JwIL3M.facebook

Z, that's quite the film you found. Lots of interesting goodies. I can't wait for your post.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Quote by intrptr

...There is no containing these hi temp cutting torches or their emissions until the slow burn of remaining fuel in the corium masses is gone.

In other words at the end of the 100,000s of years it takes for the radionuclides in the 'blob' to reduce to inert and non-radioactive elements, and when there is no more fission reactions in the corium which generate this high temperature, then it will be gone. Do I have it correct?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I had posted this link on another Japan site, but thought it may be worth a bit more here:

www.viewzone.com...

The China Syndrome is an on-going process where the molten fuel melts its way through terra firma until it hits the natural water table, at which point it explodes as water expands to steam -- all of it highly radioactive -- and erupts like a toxic volcano, spreading plutonium and uranium particles everywhere.

"Japan is dangerously contaminated by radioactivity over a far larger area than previously reported by TEPCO and the central government according to new reports from multiple sources... The prefectural government of Iwate released new data that shows radioactive contamination of grass exceeds safety standards at a distance of 90 to 125 miles from the damaged Fukushima nuclear power plants." -- Japanese Daily Kos

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

fukushima-diary.com...

A snippet from that diary entry...

Fukushima local government distributes dosemeter to children and collect them every month. They are supposed to check the radiation dose for one month and send back the results to the families.
However ,one family ,who didn’t sent the dosemeter to Fukushima local government received “a result” and it said “0.2mSv/m”

The implication that the readings are what the local officials say they are regardless...

The poster of this diary entry sounded like he was ready to give up on posting. "Whats the point?" he asks, the weight of officialdom is so overwhelming to him, he wants to stop. Somebody tell him that people far, far away are reading his stories and appreciate the small still voice as opposed to the big yelling lie. He is reaching out to the world and we can hear him. Thank you whoever you are.

top topics

<< 1146  1147  1148    1150  1151  1152 >>

join