It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1143.htm
<< 1140  1141  1142    1144  1145  1146 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
recent cam shot. Anybody want to guess what the white smoke like spots are above R2 and R3

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

WHICH is apparent if you watch the beginning of the video. Black spots on the screen are heaviest at precisely 1 minute. They seem to come in waves. If those are gamma "bursts, then the stuff is spreading into the environment more and more with each passing day. Previous footage from this camera does not show this phenom. Now it is windy and this could be dust hitting the lens, but some would stick if moist and none does.
More like static during signal transmission maybe? Dunno.

I think this can be Sparrows,
they have big and huge Meetings at the Sunset Hours at the moment,
they are showing, like the black spots, a hive behavior!

Why is there still a Cam?
Without this Cam i would not be like a Rabbit in front of a Snake,
just a thought

They need to fight the Radiation with Sound,
everything has Frequencies, the Sun, the Moon, the Earth, Humans, Water and Minerals, etc,
Radiation itself is a product of a Movement, when we use now a specific Frequency
we would bring the Nuclide into a rigid State,
do i ignore some Facts?

Originally posted by zworld
Anybody want to guess what the white smoke like spots are above R2 and R3

Hmmmm, Fogium?

edit on 2-12-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

recent cam shot. Anybody want to guess what the white smoke like spots are above R2 and R3

water drops on the camera housing up close out of focus. Refracting the light from the flood lights in background.

Not spirit orbs like that "other" anomaly in view. You know the big red pulsing spirit thingy perched high on the crane tower, charging its spirit batteries from the energy radiating just below? If anyone sees it "float away" on camera, bring it here.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

One of the things I deal with as a profession is smoke. I own and operate outdoor smoke machines and many other stage effects at my disposal. Low fog like that has to be colder or heavier than atmosphere to fall. Coming from a nuclear meltdown, it is not colder than outside air, it is warmer. So it most likely is oxides - you go it in one mate! Heavy nuclear isotopes..

Wow back ghost rider... your experience with smoke and stage effects explained that ground hugging fog as heavy isotopes spot on. I was trying for months to explain that. Thanks for seeing that weird characteristic and bringing it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

THANK YOU Z!!!

Started at 3:04 AM:

Was concerned that rain droplets screwed me up again!!

On Edit...after reading other posts and reviewing the captures...yes...once again...water droplets...but don't think any of us hallucinated the flaming show yesterday.... Doubling the amt of Nitrogen injection...that can't be good.

- Purple Chive

edit on 2-12-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks Intrptr...glad for you and all the other folks arduously following this tragedy. Sad we have to congregate our collective minds on something that could have been avoided. All the N-Accidents since the inception of N-power should have been a slap in the face to not flirt with these forces of nature. We are going to pay dearly for our arrogance...and the super rich and corrupt will not be exempt...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Air Sampling Results

Unit 3:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Plutonium Detection...Particulate Unit 3

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Interesting TEPCO BS

Cute...very cute....

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Concerning the red light on the crane - if it is a light - why has it been switched on now?

It's been months and months and we have not seen any of these lights (I haven't seen any other red lights like this, they would be easy to see and come on as soon as it starts to get dark and there are certainly a few dedicated guys who would have picked up anything like this).

It is a common thing to see on high buildings and structures (I see them all the time around here on the tv masts) and I did think it might be that initially, but why now? And why have it on just this one crane? There are other cranes/buildings that are of similar height that do not have red lights on them.

And also as someone has pointed out it is a no fly zone, so red lights would be unecessary unless that has changed and they are allowing aircraft now.

To add: Flickering might be caused by rain and the spot where the light is looks like its where the blurry bit is.
edit on 2/12/2011 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

This Sucks...

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Retiring for the evening now before I get anymore crass and pissed off...

'Night y'all!

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Reply to post by intrptr and PC
Good call intrptr and PC. I didnt look long enough. Thought we were seeing R2 steaming again.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
nhk says nitrogen injection is to avoid hydrogen explosions , so its not to keep things from burning then? Heat ,fuel oxygen equals fire - heat fuel nitrogen equals no fire. Heat heat heat.......

we need the biggest man made mountain ever to save earth. Catapults and catapults for years and years , a mammoth undertaking but we can do it........ We can not just sit and watch while the doomsday bomb bubbles.
We can chat for days and days about cams and pipes but it does not detract for the fact that a substantial propotion of the 650k 12ft fuel rods have evaporated never mind melted.
Show me pics of spent fuel pools with water in them, show me pics that look less damaged than chernobyl,
build the worlds biggest man made mountain around Fukushima and every other japanese nuke plant that they are telling us about and some of us may survive.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

I see why that thing pissed you off PC. Me too. Really cute. Smiling radiant people, a happy whale, 5 pages of geiger counters they've got for sale in the lobby and a bunch of scientific formulas and testing parameters that I know for a fact no one at Tepco has a clue about. I mean, how do you go from happy smiling cartoon characters to this figure standing next to a huge boulder of uranium(?) (and of course he might be getting some radiation which is a form of energy and we need energy because it's a good thing we need remember duh).

To this formulae page (which of course just goes to show how important it is that we take Tepco seriously cause they are dealing with some really really complicated kind of stuff, man. Like what you and I dont have the foggiest about and shouldnt worry our pointed little heads cause Tepco is taking care of everything...whatever it is).

And at the end of this walk through the wormhole there's Tepco's summary of the situation;

And all I can do is think that there will probably be alot of people who might think thats a true statement, especially after being fed MSM sedatives for so long concerning Fukushima. Yet just recently Tepco showed how they really care about monitoring the air and keeping workers safe by waiting 10 minutes before warning workers of high levels of atmospheric radiation indicating a radiation leak. And then an hour and a half before investigating the leak. Radiation is a multiplicative toxic. The longer you are exposed, the greater your chance of cancer and illness. in the world of radiation exposure, 10 minutes is a lifetime.......soon lost!

TEPCO, EVERY DAY YOU INSULT THE PEOPLE OF JAPAN AND THE REST OF THE WORLD IN THE MOST EGREGIOUS WAY. YOUR TIME IS COMING. UNTIL THEN I SUGGEST YOU START CLEARING UP YOUR MASSIVE KARMIC DEBT.
edit on 2-12-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

This Sucks...

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Retiring for the evening now before I get anymore crass and pissed off...

'Night y'all!

- Purple Chive

A snippet from Chive's article:

Toshiba Corp. announced Thursday that the company had shipped its first major turbine equipment for a nuclear energy project in the United States, where construction of nuclear reactors is expected to resume for the first time in 34 years.

Construction of four reactors is expected to start in the United States by the end of this year. This includes the Nos. 3 and 4 reactors of the Alvin W. Vogtle Electric Generating Plant in Georgia and the Nos. 2 and 3 reactors of the Virgil C. Summer Nuclear Generating Station in South Carolina.

Westinghouse Electric Co., a Toshiba subsidiary, has been awarded a contract to build the reactors and Toshiba manufactures turbine and other auxiliary devices, including a component to condense steam used to drive turbines and generators back into water.

This is the first time Toshiba is exporting large equipment to the United States for nuclear power generation.

Note ad on E Bay:
Used Japanese reactor components for sale
Bargain Basement Prices!
Slightly bent...
Pre radiated!
Call Tepco: 1-800-Fukushima

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by allintoaccount

At this point I totally agree. Its time for entombment. Tepco's roadmap to cold shutdown is now by even Tepco and the govts accounting not possible. There should be no more excuses. It would be far better to entomb and at the same time build a massive zeolite lined containment system for the groundwater. Entomb, contain and filter needs to be the new roadmap asap.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Construction of four reactors is expected to start in the United States by the end of this year.

Not if we have anything to say about it

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Japan looks to giant washer to clean Fukushima debris/ and the Lies!

Japan is looking to launder tsunami debris in a giant washing machine to get rid of radiation from the Fukushima nuclear accident, a researcher said Friday.

Shredded waste -- including the remains of houses and cars destroyed by the tsunami -- will be put inside a huge water-filled drum where steel attachments will scrub away radioactive particles, the researcher told AFP.

The plan is a joint scheme between Tokyo-based construction company Toda Corp. and the Japan Atomic Energy Agency.

Oh, and the new Tepco mobile laundromat will look something like this:

Sorry Human, but I thought you could use a laugh.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

reply to post by allintoaccount

At this point I totally agree. Its time for entombment. Tepco's roadmap to cold shutdown is now by even Tepco and the govts accounting not possible. There should be no more excuses. It would be far better to entomb and at the same time build a massive zeolite lined containment system for the groundwater. Entomb, contain and filter needs to be the new roadmap asap.

Hey zworld... Sorry if I fail to reply sometimes on your or others comments. I may not reply, but always will read them. Dees a guuuud thread.

I though trying to tomb these things when they are still emitting would only lead to more hydrogen build up and more explosions blowing the lid off whatever they try to cap it all with?
Chernobyl could be entombed because the reaction was over that first couple days?
These in Fuku might be covered (like #1) to keep out rainfall, but not entombed... just yet.

Covering a boiling pot of water that is leaking out the bottom is futile, right?

By the way, funny informative pics of Tepco Double Speak in your post up above...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I had a nice Chat with the Friend of a Friends Uncle who know so/..0/........

No Bullunko, i met my Prof. for a Coffee this early Afternoon, he is, like me,
very concerned about the situation in F'Shima,
but to my surprise he is not concerned about the Hydro-Cesium Reaction,
he claimed there is no enough Water for this under the Plant,
he said the chance would be like hitting a Vein or Aorta blindfolded with a Syringe
and the Water in the Ground Tissue is not enough for this dangerous Reaction!

That Guy is not stupid and not a Shill, he is teaching general Science and Physics
on a recommended University here in Tokyo and is already very old.

Post-Fukushima Radiation Mapped

The Fukushima Dai-ichi accident—rated 7, the highest possible on the International Nuclear Event Scale released 160 petabecquerels of iodine-131 and 15 PBq of cesium-137, according to Japan’s Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency. Both radioactive nuclides cause an increased risk of cancer, but cesium-137, with its half-life of about 30 years (compared with eight days for I-131) poses the most concern over the long term:

The isotope is still responsible for radiation in the dead zone surrounding the Chernobyl site. The Japanese government considers a total cesium level—the sum of cesium-137 and cesium-134, which has a half-life of two years—higher than 5000 becquerels per kilogram of soil unsafe for farming.

spectrum.ieee.org...

A Nuclear Japan's Biggest Fans: Mayors

While many Japanese have turned against nuclear power since the Fukushima Daiichi disaster in March, some local leaders have not: They're lobbying to restart reactors idled for maintenance and resume construction on unfinished ones One big reason: central-government subsidies, paid from a tax levied on power bills. The 33 nuclear municipalities—25 that already host reactors (including two where more are being built), one with its first reactor still under construction and seven others that are considering allowing reactors or nuclear-waste storage—collectively get about ¥120 billion ($1.5 billion) a year for their trouble.

online.wsj.com...

Japanese Towns are in a way very poor because the majority of the People are old and not working anymore!
There is nothing to do on the Countryside so the young People need to move to Tokyo or Osaka-Kobe.

METI chief cites need for fundamental review of Japan's energy policy

Economy, Trade and Industry Minister Yukio Edano stressed on Dec. 2 the need for a fundamental review of Japan's energy policy in the aftermath of the Fukushima nuclear accident but stopped short of speculating on the fate of the trouble-prone Monju prototype fast-breeder reactor in Fukui Prefecture.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Cesium-137 deposits 50 times more than previous record

TSUKUBA, Ibaraki Prefecture--Nearly 30,000 becquerels per square meter of cesium-137 fell on Tsukuba in March as a result of the accident at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, the government's Meteorological Research Institute said Dec. 1.

The amount was 50 times higher than the previous record level of 550 becquerels, which was measured in Tokyo in 1963 and was the result of deposits from atmospheric nuclear tests. The MRI, affiliated with the Japan Meteorological Agency, said the cesium-137 deposits in Tsukuba in April fell to less than one-tenth the March level, and by summer fell further to several tens of becquerels per square meter, approximately the same levels found in the aftermath of the 1986 Chernobyl accident, researchers said.

"It may take decades for the figures to come down to levels before the Fukushima accident," said Yasuhito Igarashi, a laboratory head at the MRI's Atmospheric Environment and Applied Meteorology Research Department.

The MRI has been engaged in radioactivity measurements since 1954.

On March 31, the budget for fiscal 2011, which was to start the next day, was abruptly frozen, and the researchers were told to suspend the measurements. The latest findings are a fruit of efforts by scientists who ignored that order and continued with the measurements.

ajw.asahi.com...
edit on 3-12-2011 by Human0815 because: more article!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Finally, soil within no-entry zone to be surveyed

The central government, responding to months of criticism from experts, has decided to measure levels of radioactive cesium in soil within the no-entry zone surrounding the stricken Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, sources said Nov. 30.

The government this summer examined soil within a radius of 100 kilometers of the Fukushima plant, but that did not include the area within the 20-kilometer no-entry zone. The government will survey an additional 100 locations, including those within the no-entry zone, by the end of the year by sampling soil to a depth of 10 centimeters.

Depending on the results of the expanded survey, decontamination costs will likely increase, officials said.

ajw.asahi.com...

Researcher: Pollen mask prevents cesium inhalation

A type of mask sold in drugstores for hay-fever sufferers may also prove effective in preventing internal exposure to radioactive cesium, a researcher at the University of Tokyo said.

Shogo Higaki, who specializes in radiochemistry at the university's Radioisotope Center, said on Nov. 30 that he compared levels of cesium that became attached to airborne pollen and dust with levels of cesium on the surface of a three-dimensional, nonwoven pollen mask he wore from 3 p.m. on March 15 to 9 a.m. on March 16.
The results show that the mask almost completely eliminated the amount of cesium inhaled and cut the amount of radioactive iodine ingested by one-third.

ajw.asahi.com...

Cesium-tainted ash being returned to Tokyo area/ Nande?

Rejected by residents, incinerated waste containing radioactive cesium is being returned to the Tokyo metropolitan area where it originated. The first batch of 18 tons, bound for Kazo, Saitama Prefecture, was loaded onto trucks on Dec. 3. A train carrying the ash will leave JR Odate Station on Dec. 4.

A total of 245 tons of waste incinerated ash, mostly in 25 railway containers, has been temporarily stored since mid-July at facilities in Kosaka and Odate in Akita Prefecture. The cesium is believed to derive from the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant damaged by the March 11 Great East Japan Earthquake.

Residents have been opposed to burying ash even though cesium concentration levels are below government standards.

How do they done this, sounds interesting!

new topics

top topics

<< 1140  1141  1142    1144  1145  1146 >>

join