It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1140.htm
<< 1137  1138  1139    1141  1142  1143 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Doesn't look like a flashing emergency light or normal welding, looks more like a fire as it grows smaller and larger from the base. Green artifacting likely compression - camera or streaming.

And the cameraman doesn't have any reason to use such a shockingly blurred focus - It would only be useful for a much closer object, so it is likely deliberate. On a telephoto (zoom) lense shot like this, you are running focus approaching infinity, quite far from closer ranges in terms of adjustment. The night time shots are usually much clearer.

Not adding up well for us.

Scroll right

edit: dang thing's approaching the height of the turbine buildings - that's not small at all!
edit on 1/12/11 by GhostR1der because: add scroll right and height o:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by matadoor

Interesting pic matadoor. That "accordian" looking bit of square ducting hanging in the direct center of your pic is a piece of duct that has been collapsed by a compressive force from the outside. Thats why it looks collapsed, folded in upon it self; instead of being blown out, it has been blown in. Like squashing a can of beer when you're done drinking it. Additionally, if you look to the conduit piping on the back wall just to the left of the vertical ladder well: there are three (Junction Boxes)? where the 3 conduits change direction 90 degrees downward. Look at the covers on those three boxes and you will see they have also been blown inward.

This room was subjected to an explosive "dynamic over pressure" that crushed any thing filled with air. Stuff isn't obviously "charred", so I am assuming (there's that word) that the blast wave front was compressive only in this area and not flash/heat from any hydrogen gas fireball. There other photos you wonderful digging guys have back there that also show this same effect. Cool...
The first time I saw this I thought accordian too. This is one of the pics that made me suspect multiple explosions, like R3. But there are still alot of unanswered questions just from this pic alone. Thanks for posting this M and mapping it. Its an important piece in the puzzle.

AC, M, intrptr (and damn I forgot you cant abbreviate names that begin with an I or A as single letters) Im going to try and punch a hole in my schedule and with youze guyze help map all of this out. Another pic that fascinates is this one from AC

You have a distinct linear pattern in the bent rebar, bending to the right in the foreground and to the left just behind it. And there was a wall that separated the opening to the left that goes down to 4th floor. This wall from the angle of rebar was blown to the left and down, not to the right and up as one would expect from Tepcos claim that the whole thing started from the 4th floor.

In March I told people that if we can figure out R4 it will explain alot of other stuff too. Dont know why I thought that at the time, but now its beginning to become clear.

And the fact that there is no real sign of heat produced from this blast, as intrptr points out, yet there is melted stuff coming out of the building like the mysterious poolium, is really a head scratcher.

And AC im amazed at how you can stay on point and not get turned around in all that mess. If we ever get lost in the jungle, youre in charge.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
reply to post by Purplechive

Doesn't look like a flashing emergency light or normal welding, looks more like a fire as it grows smaller and larger from the base. Green artifacting likely compression - camera or streaming.

And the cameraman doesn't have any reason to use such a shockingly blurred focus - It would only be useful for a much closer object, so it is likely deliberate. On a telephoto (zoom) lense shot like this, you are running focus approaching infinity, quite far from closer ranges in terms of adjustment. The night time shots are usually much clearer.

Not adding up well for us.

Scroll right

edit: dang thing's approaching the height of the turbine buildings - that's not small at all!
edit on 1/12/11 by GhostR1der because: add scroll right and height o:

Thats my take too GR. It initially appearred to me as emeergency lights but I noticed that the pattern that made me think that was caused by the fact that these cams capture individual images that dont produce a continous looking flow. Stop and start kind of thing. dont know what thats called.

Yeah, Id lean towards fire except the Tepco cam doesnt show any signs of smoke even though you cant see the exact area. Thank god the TBS is still up and running.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
And Iv'e never seen the picture worse quality. No accident I'm sure. Last night TBS was showing the tepco cam view.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Thats my take too GR. It initially appearred to me as emeergency lights but I noticed that the pattern that made me think that was caused by the fact that these cams capture individual images that dont produce a continous looking flow. Stop and start kind of thing. dont know what thats called.

Yeah, Id lean towards fire except the Tepco cam doesnt show any signs of smoke even though you cant see the exact area. Thank god the TBS is still up and running.

Very good point regarding the frame rate, it is hard to tell as it is quite low.

However the only issue with smoke to cross check is that hydrogen doesn't produce soot - there's nothing to see. That exploding balloon video had no smoke, just shredded pieces and yellowy orange flame.

Large and colorful flames sometimes play from vents on Kilauea volcano. These flames, which range from yellowish orange to greenish blue and reach as high as 1 m (3 ft), result from hydrogen gas burning in air.

hvo.wr.usgs.gov...

So that green could in fact be the flame too.. not compression

I'm putting my chips on fire.

Gotta go to bed. Hopefully I'm proven wrong when I wake up or we could be in big trouble....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by manicminxx
As for sea floor contamination, does this mean eating Pacific seaweeds is a VERY bad idea?

Wouldn't touch a thing out of the pacific until you can get it tested yourself. I remember a report on seaweed in coastal USA within a week or two of fukushima, showing elevated radioactivity, they sponge water so they get it first, as with the filter feeders.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The worst part of the pics is, in most cases you can get before and after shots when investigating something like this. Most times, if it's a house, or even a business, someone at some point took photos that you can get a hold of.

Makes investigating SO much easier.

Not the case here, however. That pretty much hampers our efforts.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

You know, that might be what they are doing, burning off hydrogen. Hell of a lot easier than trying to store it, but it's such an elemental gas, they could just vent it with no real issues.

Not sure what their reasoning would be to burn it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Two days ago on the same spot. Look how much clearer the cam was 2 days ago.

To GR and Z or anybody here. You both had some questions for our bud in Finland. Post them or U2U me and I will get them to him, to answer. Only then, will we know if he's a genius or if his wing-nuts are loose.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

How much hydrogen can they be burning off? This has been going on before at least 4:45 AM ET. Amazed that Japanese news stations aren't wondering what's going on. Can't find any info there. But then again, surprised that TBS is still transmitting at all.

If it's a "controlled" burn off of gas...waiting for the convoluted way TEPCO rpts it. Kinda like they have to keep spewing water to keep the woods from spontaneously combusting!!

Anyhow, warm and fuzzy feelings...Yeeeeee Haaawww!

- Purple Chive

edit on 1-12-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Okay, this pic has my attention now.. This is 5th floor Unit 4.

Note 1 - Please not the pole that is now under the slab. These, I think are the end posts for the fence that used to be along that line. I'd say they were probably 6 to 8 feet long. Please note how much of it is sticking out. That floor moved a LOT when the explosion came up from below. Note that the pole is helping to support floor 5 on that side.

Note 2 - Were these bundles of pipes there b4 the explosion? If so, one heck of a weird place to be storing them, personal opinion.

More on this section in another post, coming to an ATS near you..

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Nuckelchen TBS Capture Before Dark set in...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
And lastly, These interesting shots.

Use this one first, note pic #12 on the lower right hand side.

Now, Here is that pic.

Look at the ceiling, or the lack there-of. The vast bulk of the explosion occurred right here. Of course, the entire floor was involved, BUT the force of the blast was worst right here.

Now, ladies and germs, please note on the top picture, exactly where this shot was taken. This area is right next to the reactor in 4. Literally RIGHT NEXT TO IT.

It came from Reactor 3, huh TEPCO?

I don't think so...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Nuckelchen TBS Capture Before Dark set in...

- Purple Chive

Is it just me, or does everyone else want to reach over and just turn the damned focus on it!!????

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

We haven't had a light show like this since mid-July...when they were constructing the water processing facilities and yes...it appeared to be some sort of large scale welding. But this latest light show...one hell of an erratic blow torch.

On Edit, some more speculation:
www.simplyinfo.org...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

How much hydrogen can they be burning off? This has been going on before at least 4:45 AM ET. Amazed that Japanese news stations aren't wondering what's going on. Can't find any info there. But then again, surprised that TBS is still transmitting at all.

I am scanning too and wait for some News but i think we need to wait at least until 08.00am JST in 3 Hours!

More and more angry i am with the Bloodsuckers,
even on the Tepco Tweet is nada!

I cant sleep anymore, i want to get

Compensation

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Also M, sometimes they enlarge a cropped version of the little picture or a slightly different pic of the same area, so being a curious person, I had to enlarge the small one at the side a bit. We are at the south end of 4 [By the big hole in the wall] looking west on the 5th floor. According to the map, this crack is just west of the blown center wall. The camera man is probably standing on it. Check out the ceiling in the background.

edit on 1-12-2011 by Aircooled because: Trouble explaining my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Very interesting indeed AC. As Spock was fond of saying, scanning......

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

If it's a "controlled" burn off of gas...waiting for the convoluted way TEPCO rpts it. Kinda like they have to keep spewing water to keep the woods from spontaneously combusting!!

Anyhow, warm and fuzzy feelings...Yeeeeee Haaawww!

- Purple Chive

An interesting question. If they burn off radioactive hydrogen, does this then destroy the radiation? Or would it simply fall to the ground? How would radiation attach itself to a hydrogen molecule? Asking because I've never had to deal with radioactive hydrogen before....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by zworld

Hey zworld...

Under certain conditions the contaminants in the bottom sediments may be released back into water or enter the food chain.

The biggest part that concerns us really.

Globally yes, but not locally. There the greatest effect is any catchment that is also used for either swimming in or drawing water from. Just like there are hot spots on land caused by the whims of the wind, there should be hotspots in rivers and lakes caused by the catchment of radionuclide contaminated sediment.

This is an important picture to see. In our area there are small damns only a few feet in height in a river similar in size to the Akuma. These areas are often park like with grassy sides and picnic tables and is a popular swimming area. When the flow is low in the river, much fine sediment can be seen on the bottom. As children swim they disturb this and it will cloud the water.

If there are areas like this, contamination will occur significantly in two ways. The areas closest to the catchment where the most sediment resides could be a hotspot, and just being near is dangerous. And as the sediment is stirred up by swimmers it will affect them badly.

If the Japanese govt cared about its people, or if the IAEA actually performed what it's supposed to function as, the people along any river in northern Japan would have been warned of this danger, and river testing would be ongoing.

top topics

<< 1137  1138  1139    1141  1142  1143 >>

join