It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1138.htm
<< 1135  1136  1137    1139  1140  1141 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ok, lets take one more look at this explosion. A zoom of Z's pic.

And our original outside pic with arrows showing the 45 degree support braces and what looks like a round lower part.

And one more from the west side. Here you see the cap to the left [North]

Now, I started to think it could be this cap removing crane [This pic is of #6] but the collar of our object is smaller than the cap, not larger. This does not have the 45 degree support braces, or the red thing but please note the crane block with the black and yellow diagonal stripes.

Ok, we step inside the 5th floor of #4. Top arrow is the collar. Bottom arrow shows our pushed up floor from a new angle. [The same conture as the round bottom on the outside pic] Note: Collar is smaller that cap. Note : In front of the collar is a diagnol striped crane block, but maybe they have several. It's just what led me to the cap remover in the first place. Oh, and you can just see the red thing on the left side of the collar by the vertical beam..

To be continued....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

"reactor pressure was observed to reach approximately 1074 psig approximately 26 seconds after main steam bypass valves unexpectedly closed"

Sweet.

Don't know what the RPV psig threshold is...but gotta eventually take it's toll...kinda like freezing a metal container. Always a little out of kilter afterward.

www.nrc.gov...

Reading the NRC rpts daily...SCRAM after SCRAM...and individuals being inadvertently overdosed with radiation...guess it's a good thing!

- Purple Chive

well PC, here's one set of figures, if correct I'd say they pushed that particular envelope past "test"...

en.wikipedia.org...

"A containment building, in its most common usage, is a steel or reinforced concrete structure enclosing a nuclear reactor. It is designed, in any emergency, to contain the escape of radiation to a maximum pressure in the range of 60 to 200 psi[citation needed] ( 410 to 1400 kPa). The containment is the fourth and final barrier to radioactive release (part of a nuclear reactor's defence in depth strategy), the first being the fuel ceramic itself, the second being the metal fuel cladding tubes, the third being the reactor vessel and coolant system.[1]"

Although this document shows a reator containment as handling far more than that:

netfiles.uiuc.edu...

This doc is really informative!

I'm sure Arnie will be chiming in soon...
edit on 30-11-2011 by matadoor because: Adding some extra data...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

"reactor pressure was observed to reach approximately 1074 psig approximately 26 seconds after main steam bypass valves unexpectedly closed"

Sweet.

Don't know what the RPV psig threshold is...but gotta eventually take it's toll...kinda like freezing a metal container. Always a little out of kilter afterward.

www.nrc.gov...

Reading the NRC rpts daily...SCRAM after SCRAM...and individuals being inadvertently overdosed with radiation...guess it's a good thing!

- Purple Chive

well PC, here's one set of figures, if correct I'd say they pushed that particular envelope past "test"...

en.wikipedia.org...

"A containment building, in its most common usage, is a steel or reinforced concrete structure enclosing a nuclear reactor. It is designed, in any emergency, to contain the escape of radiation to a maximum pressure in the range of 60 to 200 psi[citation needed] ( 410 to 1400 kPa). The containment is the fourth and final barrier to radioactive release (part of a nuclear reactor's defence in depth strategy), the first being the fuel ceramic itself, the second being the metal fuel cladding tubes, the third being the reactor vessel and coolant system.[1]"

Although this document shows a reator containment as handling far more than that:

netfiles.uiuc.edu...

133 miles north of Clinton, Il.

www.epa.gov...

Makes ya wonder...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

Sweet.

www.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive

en.wikipedia.org...

netfiles.uiuc.edu...

133 miles north of Clinton, Il.

www.epa.gov...

Makes ya wonder...

- Purple Chive

Yeah, it makes you wonder where to evacuate to......

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ok, I marked the red attachment, and again the diagonal crane block is blocking the view of the collar. Please note : There is no floor to the left [South]. It's partially blown out. We also know from the cryptome pics that the floor is blown out in front of this mound, [east side]. Also we know from the cryptome pics that the center NS wall is blown out and center roof support at the north end of the floor is bent northward. So it was bent by this. If it had been bent by the #3 explosion, it would be bent southward. We need our blast guy to comment here.

Ok, your looking straight north on the blown out center wall with the re-bar sticking out. The mound is to your left. They have steel plates where the floor is blown out. Pool to the right. Arrow to bent roof support [Northward]
So what exploded here in the south-west corner of #4 with that much force? Ok, maybe the center NS wall was blown westward by a pool explosion instead of eastward by our mystery mound, but it still has no floor on 2 sides.

I tried to go into the pics of the lower floors for a clue to our projectile. I Zoom, I enlarge and lighten dark areas, but you know tepco. They don't like to give us reference points. There is the one picture on the 4th floor looking east at the center wall. According to the map we are looking east at the center wall. The raised platform beside the yellow cap would be upstairs and behind us. Looking at the hole in the ceiling we know the floor is blown out in front of the raised platform as well. Where it meets the center wall. The explosion would be just to our right, in this pic.

cryptome.org...
I hope I wasn't too confusing with my discriptions

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Dang AC...what an eye. Riveted!!

What an eclectic group of folks on this thread!! All the knowledge, insight and cogitation...

Glad for each and everyone of you!! No one else in over a 300 square mile of where I live that has any idea what is going on at Fuku...and I live in one of the most High Tech areas in the USA. Rather frightening.

Grateful ya'll...very grateful...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Ok, I marked the red attachment, and again the diagonal crane block is blocking the view of the collar. Please note : There is no floor to the left [South]. It's partially blown out. We also know from the cryptome pics that the floor is blown out in front of this mound, [east side]. Also we know from the cryptome pics that the center NS wall is blown out and center roof support at the north end of the floor is bent northward. So it was bent by this. If it had been bent by the #3 explosion, it would be bent southward. We need our blast guy to comment here.

Ok, your looking straight north on the blown out center wall with the re-bar sticking out. The mound is to your left. They have steel plates where the floor is blown out. Pool to the right. Arrow to bent roof support [Northward]
So what exploded here in the south-west corner of #4 with that much force? Ok, maybe the center NS wall was blown westward by a pool explosion instead of eastward by our mystery mound, but it still has no floor on 2 sides.

I tried to go into the pics of the lower floors for a clue to our projectile. I Zoom, I enlarge and lighten dark areas, but you know tepco. They don't like to give us reference points. There is the one picture on the 4th floor looking east at the center wall. According to the map we are looking east at the center wall. The raised platform beside the yellow cap would be upstairs and behind us. Looking at the hole in the ceiling we know the floor is blown out in front of the raised platform as well. Where it meets the center wall. The explosion would be just to our right, in this pic.

cryptome.org...
I hope I wasn't too confusing with my discriptions

Man AC, these are hard to pick anything out on, and I've been only in and out of here recently due to work load. Let me load up the high res versions of some of these and see what I can find.

M...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

New Routes for Nitrogen Injection

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

More info...

atomicpowerreview.blogspot.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

65 Centimeter Erosion Concrete Unit 1

[- Purple Chive

More perspective...
atomicpowerreview.blogspot.com...

And Ex-Skf...just a touch of sarcasm...
ex-skf.blogspot.com...

- Purple Chive

edit on 30-11-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

And they can forget about America offering any help. It aint gonna happen. We are great at offering advice, but dont step on our money stream cause the "Dont Tread On Me' snake comes quickly alive, sad but true.

You said it. America will probably try to sell the Japanese "new and improved" GE Mk2 reactors (with all the bugs worked out). We'll need the money form the sales to carry on our "rads for peace" campaigns around the world where we actually take the waste products from our reactors, tip our spears with it and scatter it abroad like this:

How can our nation be more hypocritical than to safe guard nuclear power so carefully, then weaponize it and use it on sovereign nations overseas? Here's some DU (Depleted Uranium) for you.

That house probably stood there for centuries and now will be uninhabitable for a few more.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Deja Vu...Where's the Corexit?

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Some interesting stuff from Lucas Hixson.
enformable.com... d-fukushima-head-told-workers-to-disregard-tepco-orders
Mysterious documents. We like those. So 75% of the water boils off. I guess that means 25% leaks out. Ok 24%. There silly tanks might 1%.
enformable.com...
And for M some film to go with those crytome pics.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Human,

No worries. If you don't have young children...the responsibility ends there. When TMI (Three Mile Island) happened - my Mom and Dad consulted each other (three young children) best to haul ass - 350 miles away. Dad stayed behind. Eventually he acquired Acute Leukemia.

I live within a 5 mile radius of an N-plant. With my children - I'd haul out of here. But by myself? Where? After the info obtained on this forum....and my life 1/2 over...why bother. I'd buy more bird seed. Plant some more flowers and see how extraneous they develop...and ponder...post their development on the web and make quizzical noises.

Only if you have pregnant and 0 - 35 year olds in the vicinity...

Otherwise...eat, drink and be merry!!

Just my humble opinion...

- Purple Chive
edit on 30-11-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
See, prayers answered, now we can all eat Plutonium for breakfast!!!

www.dailymail.co.uk... ers.html

New radiation treatment lets workers survive 'fatal dose' - even AFTER they've been exposed

Okay, link isn't working right. Scroll down to the article.

edit on 30-11-2011 by matadoor because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2011 by matadoor because: Fixing link

edit on 30-11-2011 by matadoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Okay AC and others...

Personal opinion, the air ducts did contain an explosive gas (most likely hydrogen) and that was the first source of the explosion.

The way that the ducts were ripped and mangled is a clear sign that they blew apart from the inside out. I'm posting this then uploading a pic for discussion.

Now, was that the ONLY explosion? The pics provided by TEPCO don't allow proper examination to prove it either way, BUT I will say that there isn't enough actual damage to the AC ducts to account for the massive destruction present in the building.

In other words, there are still way too many large pieces of duct in place to account for the entire destruction.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Okay, this is the best pic to show where the explosion originated.

Note 1 - This appears to be one of the supports for the duct system. Notice - no duct attached to it. Pieces of the duct are scattered throughout the room NOT just blown off the struts.

Note 2 - Look at how the conduits and the displays on the cabinet are blown down. The explosion occurred above them, which is where the duct is or used to be that is.

Note 3 - Not sure what this conduit/pipe is, but the duct explosion drove it down from where it used to be.

Note 4 - This also appears to be a support for the AC duct that's been blown sideways.

Note 6 - whoops, skipped 5. Another AC support unit that's been blown up and out by the duct.

The other pics show some shots of various other debris, but this picture has just about the best evidence for where the blast first happened.

Again, this DOES NOT account for the overall damage that the building took, but it could have STARTED in the duct and then ignited the remaining hydrogen in the building, OR something else. BUT hydrogen would have accumulated from the ceiling down, and the first ignition may have happened when one of the AC system dampers automatically opened or closed. These are run on low voltage, but all you need is one simple spark.

Another thought is that the gas came from inside the building, and again would accumulate above and around the duct. As such, when one of the automatic dampers activated, BLAM.

Either way, I'd say the ducts and the automatic dampers ignited it.

But, this would constitute my first investigation of a hydrogen explosion, you know, they just don't happen in the SE US very often..

Propane explosions - similar - yes.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Does anyone know what materials were used in the construction of the roof on the reactor buildings? Metal? Metal covered with rubber and gravel?

Just watching AC's videos and need to know that and can't find it after a hasty look.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Interesting pic matadoor. That "accordian" looking bit of square ducting hanging in the direct center of your pic is a piece of duct that has been collapsed by a compressive force from the outside. Thats why it looks collapsed, folded in upon it self; instead of being blown out, it has been blown in. Like squashing a can of beer when you're done drinking it. Additionally, if you look to the conduit piping on the back wall just to the left of the vertical ladder well: there are three (Junction Boxes)? where the 3 conduits change direction 90 degrees downward. Look at the covers on those three boxes and you will see they have also been blown inward.

This room was subjected to an explosive "dynamic over pressure" that crushed any thing filled with air. Stuff isn't obviously "charred", so I am assuming (there's that word) that the blast wave front was compressive only in this area and not flash/heat from any hydrogen gas fireball. There other photos you wonderful digging guys have back there that also show this same effect. Cool...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

After a few hours trip in an army vehicle, they stood under a shower, washing away radiation. Then they stepped in a new life, naked with no home, no friends, no dogs, no money, no past and with a very doubtful future

Chernobyl photobook "Pluto's Realm"

This is why the old folks do not want to leave.
I can't blame them, when you get to a certain age you understand your fate, hopefully they fully understand that they will never be able to see their kids or grand kids if they stay, because they will eventually be quarantined, so they do not radiate innocent folks.

Human0185
Please take the time and use this photo essay to help educate the people.
Rbrtj

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

You guyz, you all blow my mind. I come back from work and theres enough data posted since to keep someone going days. Damn, slowdown
Actually dont. I have the night off and its now gonna be fun. Right now I got to run but want to say quickly;

AC, pulling up the R4 photo file as soon as I get back and Ive got a couple questions, but later. One thing Id love to see is a schematic of the 5th floor done illustrating current conditions. In other words a basic map of the layout of the RPV and SFP with positioning of all the other bits and pieces that make up that mess, elevator shafts, cracked floor, collar etc. If someone did that in the future it would be way cool. Otherwise I have to do something similar and I guess sooner than later is best.

M, I liked the pdf of the PWRs, but Im not sure if similar ratings apply to BWRs. Ill check.

PC, have you ever seen any admission by Tepco of leakage into the quay since the original one that I think they plugged in May, the pit near the water intake of R2. When they found Tellerium (June?) I know Tepco quickly denied any new leaks, and I believe thats been their policy since. If you ever see the leak issue discussed by Tepco let me know.

Also, have they ever given a reason for the high rads in the water intakes, especially inside the silt fence which means no filtration (the silt fence is the first line, then zeolite etcpast that Im pretty sure). Especially if there are no leaks from the reactors

on EDIT: I feel sorry for someone who is into this thread but can only tune in once in awhile. You could spend days reading depending on when the last visit was. And to think all my friends said this thread would end too like the rest someday soon.

I dont think so.

edit on 30-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1135  1136  1137    1139  1140  1141 >>

join