It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1135.htm
<< 1132  1133  1134    1136  1137  1138 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Download the first two before they disappear

These are all HD sat photos. The first is pre R3 blast, the second is the day they raised the INES level from 5 to 7 (Apriln 12), and the third pre disaster from 2009.

geoeye sat photo 10:30 AM 3/14/2011
geoeyemediaportal.s3.amazonaws.com...

April 12, 2011, by the GeoEye-1 satellite at 10:13 a.m., on the same day Japanese nuclear safety officials raised the nuclear alert level at the plant from five to the maximum seven level.

(Interesting point. The day they raised the level to INES 7 for Fukushima is also the same day that the EPA stopped monitoring on a regular basis for radiation from Fukushima in the US.)

Nov. 2009. Excellent reference point pre disaster.

And just to really throw things up in the air, and in my opinion solidfy my theory that the R3 blast was really the UC blast that exited multiple locations, check out this sequence. #1 shows the R1/R2 transmission line switching yard building (TrB from now on) before the R1 blast, #2 shows it after the R1 blast but before the R3 blast and #3 shows it post R3 blast. Note that the damage wasnt there after R1 blast. Weird huh? Especially since if memory serves there was a picture that went around the web showing the TrB damaged after the R1 blast. Now Im pretty sure it was a shot from the initial overflight video series that was actually taken after all blasts. It just showed R1 and not the others is all.

Or am I just blind or hallucinating (its been known to happen without even taking anything). Curiouser and curiouser. I wouldnt be surprised if one of these shots shows Alice falling down a hole.

ON EDIT: I should add that the damage Im referring to is white front on the southern part of the building. There is another web cam shot that also shows this but not clearly and I dont even know iof I saved it cause at the time I thought it was just an angle of the shot thing, and the damage must be there.

Also of note is the fact that the big oval dark spot atop the norther section of the TrB isnt there until after the R3 blast as well.
edit on 28-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

Z, I'm looking at the one with the oval "damage" and I'm thinking that this actually looks like an oval pool of water on the roof, does anyone else see it as that? I mean I zoomed WAY in and that's what it looks like to me.

Now mind you, the TrB building may have suffered structural damage that caused the building's roof to no longer drain correctly, but that's what I see.

Edit - look at how clean the oval is, and the fact that the roof shows no signs of "trauma" . Anything that would have landed on that roof would have caused more damage than a simple oval pattern on the roof.
edit on 28-11-2011 by matadoor because: Premature Post-ulation

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
Edit - one real quick google search later.... Guess what I'm buying out of my next paycheck!!???

www.pureeffectfilters.com...

Good one M. Herres the the one needed. Zeolite, same stuff they are using to filter the water entering the quay at Fuku.

Human, this is a product that needs sellers in Japan. Ill check into more in case its a scam (like Busby) but using a zeolite filter cant hurt.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Z, I'm looking at the one with the oval "damage" and I'm thinking that this actually looks like an oval pool of water on the roof, does anyone else see it as that? I mean I zoomed WAY in and that's what it looks like to me.

Now mind you, the TrB building may have suffered structural damage that caused the building's roof to no longer drain correctly, but that's what I see.

Edit - look at how clean the oval is, and the fact that the roof shows no signs of "trauma" . Anything that would have landed on that roof would have caused more damage than a simple oval pattern on the roof.

This oval is in all later shots. Hard to imagine that water would still be around after no rain days. But could be, I will look into that.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Edit - one real quick google search later.... Guess what I'm buying out of my next paycheck!!???

Good one M. Herres the the one needed. Zeolite, same stuff they are using to filter the water entering the quay at Fuku.

Human, this is a product that needs sellers in Japan. Ill check into more in case its a scam (like Busby) but using a zeolite filter cant hurt.

Sent the link to my family, and already got one response back from a Niece's husband who is a flight surgeon that JUST came back from Iraq. He said that they have these in their bases. You either use these or drink bottled water, other than that he tells me that you don't drink water. They use them even for brushing their teeth. He already placed his order for several for his house, when he re-upped and got his bonus.

He said to put them on every faucet in your house. I think I will.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

This oval is in all later shots. Hard to imagine that water would still be around after no rain days. But could be, I will look into that.

Think about the damage. If the central supports failed, there could be several feet of declination in the center of the building. That could be 3 feet or more of water at the center. We just can't see it from that angle. All speculation on that point.

I just don't see any jagged edges that would promote that something went through the roof, it would be the cleanest hole from damage that I've seen in my entire career.

Normally, blasts or damage isn't uniform.

BUT, water collected at the center of a roof that's partcially collapsed? Yep, it sure would look like that.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Senator says Illinois needs Yucca Mt project

United States Senator Mark Kirk (R-IL) has sent a letter to the Chairmen and Ranking Members of the Senate and House subcommittees urging them to support the bipartisan, House-passed language which funds the storage of nuclear waste inside Nevada's Yucca Mountain.

Kirk points out in his statement that Illinois has 11 nuclear power plants, more than any other US state: “Currently, the spent fuel is stored in dry casks and pools near urban areas and sources of drinking water. At the Zion Nuclear Station, 1,100 tons of waste is stored just yards away from Lake Michigan, the source of drinking water to millions of people. Contamination of Lake Michigan would be devastating to the Great Lakes region.

Source

"Waste not want not"
Rbrtj

Oh yeah!! New Lap-top Machine a lot better!!
Coming next is solar and wind charger.
Bring on the power shortages.
edit on 28-11-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Looks like a plugged roof drain. I use to do maintenance on buildings and it is common to have the drain dead center. Good catch.
Rbrtj

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Journalist dies of acute lymphocytic leukemia — Was living inside 30 km zone to support Fukushima

Another man died of acute lymphocytic leukemia, Fukushima Diary, Nov. 27, 2011: Mr. Abe Hiroto, 23-years-old Died from acute lymphocytic leukemia Wrote columns for a fishing magazine Rod &Reel Featured on Rod &Reel’s upcoming January issue, sold on Nov. 26 Was supporting Fukushima by eating Fukushima fish Was living in 30 km area, eating fish from the rivers and ocean Grandfather was from Fukushima

Source

thanks to for the heads up on my jab at Human that I edited out.
I was in a hurry and it got my hackles up.
Rbrtj

edit on 28-11-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Looks like that story wasn't quite on the level:

UPDATE: Report says deceased angler/journalist did NOT live or eat fish from inside 30 km of Fukuhima plant — Hospitalized for 3 weeks before passing on Sept. 16 of acute lymphocytic leukemia at age 24

enenews link.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

I suppose I could blame the source of the story for being a tad bit confusing, but Stuff happens sorry.
Good call Human0185 and thanks vox242.
rbrtj

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Think about the damage. If the central supports failed, there could be several feet of declination in the center of the building. That could be 3 feet or more of water at the center. We just can't see it from that angle. All speculation on that point.

I just don't see any jagged edges that would promote that something went through the roof, it would be the cleanest hole from damage that I've seen in my entire career.

Normally, blasts or damage isn't uniform.

BUT, water collected at the center of a roof that's partcially collapsed? Yep, it sure would look like that.

No, I wasnt saying it was that kind of blast damage, or any kind in particular, just that it started after the R3 blast. Water pooling was something I considered early on but the fact that I kept seeing it in the same formation in later pics made me think it might be something else. The most recent thought was fire or heat damage but that has both pros and cons as well. but since Ive been postulating that the blast damage in the switching yard was initially generated by the UC underneath, the fire or heat damage seemed plausible.

The plugged drain that rbrtj considers is a definite possibility, but I really need to see evidence that the oval changes shape, as a shallow pool of water would do over a period of days without rain.

The main damage though that the three pics highlight is the blown out white hanger door. When I first saw that, I thought, "I know it's obvious that was caused by R1, but why is it blown so far out towards R1, and why do videos of the R! blast suggest the main pulse went to the right of the R1/R2 TrB". That was when I was also questioning the damage to the building behind. Eventually I let both slide as Occam's razor took effect, but now Im going to start re-questioning both.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Good one M. Heres the one needed. Zeolite, same stuff they are using to filter the water entering the quay at Fuku.

Sent the link to my family, and already got one response back from a Niece's husband who is a flight surgeon that JUST came back from Iraq. He said that they have these in their bases. You either use these or drink bottled water, other than that he tells me that you don't drink water. They use them even for brushing their teeth. He already placed his order for several for his house, when he re-upped and got his bonus.

He said to put them on every faucet in your house. I think I will.

Damn, I wish I could afford to do that. I wonder how often youd have to change the filter if you lived in a place getting radiated like Fukushima City. Probably fairly often. Its usually the filters that eat up the wallet.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Some new fuk film of #4 from our friend Henri.

And it rained here last night. I wiped down half my windshield with a paper towel, and tested it.

The second test [20 minutes later] spiked at 0.89, then receeded slowly. The third test [ 1 hour later] spiked at 0.40 and stayed above 0.30 untill I shut it off. It's Heeerrre.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
It's Heeerrre.

Not good. Reminds me of a song.
Redo of first and last verse of "For What It's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield.

There's somethin happenin here.

What it is aint exactly clear.

There's a man countin rads over there.

Tellin me I gots to beware.

I think it's time we Stop! hey, whats that sound, everybody look what's rainin down

(And then we jump to the last verse)

Radiation strikes deep.

Into our lungs it will creep.

It starts when the nuke plants explode.

cut off the line, the juice ends, and everythings toast.

I think it's time to Stop! hey, whats that sound, everybody look what's rainin down

---------------------------------------

And on a different note, I just love how Tepco cares about their workers. I mean really, top notch operation there. A radiation alarm went off signaling high rads in the air around the Anti-EQ building and it only took Tepco ten minutes to notify the workers in the area and tell them to put on their face masks (into our lungs it will creep). In fact I can see them now performing admirably;

Yoshida's replacement and his assistant watch from the third floor of the Administration Building. Yoshida's replacement moves his facemask for better fit.
"Should we tell them now?" the assistant asks cautiously, not knowing his new boss well.
Yoshida's replacement looks down at his watch. "No, not yet," he says softly but intensely. "Give them another minute."

And then to add an exclamation point to the deep compassion they feel for all living things, it only took them an hour and a half to then test and see what the problem is. I feel so much safer living on the westcoast where so much of the radiation goes, knowing that Tepco is totally on top of the situation.

Approx. 14:28 [on November 28], the alarm went off from an indicator installed in front of Main Anti-Earthquake Building to continuously measure airborne radiation dose (continuous dust monitor).
14:38, in response to the alarm, we instructed to put full face masks on at 2:38 pm accordingly.
16:04, we measured the airborne radiation dose in front of Main Anti-Earthquake Building. As the result, we confirmed that it read below detection limit. It was announced that the workers did not have to wear a full face mask as per normal. We are investigating the cause of the alarm.

Wow, Tepco. You are a piece of work. You wait an hour and a half before trying to isolate and fix the problem. ARE YOU FUKKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
reply to post by Wertwog

Just how radioactive is radioactive waste? Dr. Alvarez in this interview by Helen Caldicott spells it out in a way I've never heard:
If you take an unshielded spent fuel bundle and put it on the side of the road and you drove by on a motorbike going 60mph you would fall off the bike dead before you drove past it.

I do not think this is reliable information and maybe "dramatically enhanced" since there have been spent fuel rods lying around all over the Fukushima site since the first explosions and I assume these have been moved.
Japanese workers would be dropping like flies if this above was true. They are not dropping like flies - at least not that we know of anyway. Something is not going to kill you in one tenth of a second that it takes a motorbike rider to ride past anything at 60mph. You may die a painful and lingering death afterwards, but not then and there.

This might help answer your question about exposure times. In the photo a man handles a bundle of fuel rods. Prior to exposure in a core they are safe(?) to handle and are cold to the touch. It is after activation and use in a reactor core that they become highly radioactive.
Mr. Alvarez was responding to a question about how long it would take to get a lethal dose in what proximity to a bundle of fuel rods such as this. ( 6 to 12 foot long variety). If you dtood one on end and drove by on a bike within one foot at 60 mph, you would receive a lethal dose. Not instantly lethal, but lethal nonetheless.

HOT POTATO! Here... catch!

source of emissions

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Desalting Unit 4 Spent Fuel Pool

www.tepco.co.jp...

Been reading all your posts folks...scary sh!t going on. We've gotta all be rather wacked out to be so aware of what's going on...

For Z:

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Originally posted by Human0815

So your farmers and people that live outside of cities don't drill wells?

Some do but mostly i think that the Farmer here use Water from a River
or from the Mountain.

Originally posted by matadoorBecause if all of your water is surface water only, it's time to get out of Japan

I think a strong, permanent observation of the Data is more walk- and usable
for the majority of the Japanese.
--

No, we need a 24/7/365 Surveillance of all Data,

Do you not think that this data you ask for would just be ignored? Do you think folks would just say "it's not enough". What will be enough? Do you really think folks would say, "oh yes, XX organization has measured high levels here, we should move!". No this is not what is or will happen. What amount of data will be sufficient to convince folks to leave? My guess is no amount of data would ever be sufficient because data only works on rational minds, not emotional minds. You will find data to support going or staying, but if you stay it can't be because you weren't warned or didn't have the right data available.The data is available, it is either ignored or assigned less value based on emotional attachments. There is also confusing contradictory data that any "true" data has to compete with "false" data. What "data" does the average plane ticket buyer believe? Your only judge is yourself and the accuracy of your BS detector and ability to use it.

I think you don`t understand the problem.
Many of the older People in Fuku-Prefecture don`t want to leave and i think there is
even no need to move old People.

Many of this Families staying there already since ancient Time,
they created the Fields,
they done the Water Work, they build Rice Paddys, etc,
maybe more than 20 -30 Generations was living there before, and they saw everything!

Let us face the fact that (old) Humans can stand a hell of Radiation without Side Effects,
of course we cant compare 1 to 1 but get a look how much of Radiation we use in the Cancer Therapy!

They get Therapy-Shots via X-Ray with 40-50 "Sievert"
and up to 80 "Gy" (F`Shima Gate is 38mGy atm)
www.cancer.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...
They get injections of pure Strontium-89 for Pain-Relieve, etc!

To make it short; for People who don`t Re-Produce anymore there is no reason to leave!

But how much Children can stand, how much is tolerable?
Here i think; None!

Children should live Poison-Free,
no Radiation, no Chemicals, no Herbicides, absolute 100% NADA

The Children need to move, out of a Circle of at least 150Km,
no matter if there is no Hot-Spot, just out!

How does it look alike with Food?
The Food should be free of Radioactivity.
Is this possible in Japan? YES!!!

There are many unspoiled Places in Japan
and there is unspoiled Food also,
and Japan is not living in a Isolation anymore,
we need to import more Food to normal prices!

For example Milk Products, why i have to pay 800 Yen for 200g of NZ-Butter?
This is not tolerable!

There is a lot to change and we need to increase our pressure that this is happen!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You guys are proving you didn't bother to listen to the video before criticizing it and are just reacting to my excerpt. Oh snap! Found you out. Hint, you should probably take a moment to listen/read a provided source before jumping in.

For the record, I've transcribed the relevant section here word for word:

Mr. Alvarez: If you were to take a bundle of rods, for example, and put them outside, which is really inconceivable, ah, and you were to ride on a motorcycle and drive, ah, within one foot of those rods at 60 mph, ah, the time that you would spend passing by at one foot at 60mph would be enough to kill you outright immediately.

Dr. Coldicott: what? you'd just drop dead off the motorbike?

Mr. Alvarez: yep.

Dr. Coldicott: Oh my god, I didn't know that!

Mr. Alvarez: That's how fantastically radioactive this material is.

Dr. Coldicott: That would make a good hollywood film! Do you know anyone who could make a film of it?

Mr. Alvarez: Haha. That's how phenomenally radioactive this stuff is and why it has to be kept in heavily shielded environments.

Now I've never heard of anyone dropping dead instantly, but you can die in minutes with a sufficiently high exposure. Kinda like Spock when his face melts off saving the Enterprise. I'll take this guy's word for it as he does have some creds that are fairly respectable. My point was, and you guys are demonstrating it beautifully, that people do underestimate just how radioactive this stuff is, mostly because they've been fed a steady diet of images and shows etc etc of people interacting with this stuff with no gear etc etc. This is intentional misinfo from the nuke industry who do not want us to believe how deadly this crap is because if everyone thinks it's not so bad they get to keep doing what they do, get it? You don't realize you have been programmed for years and are just reacting from your programming and why you don't want to believe it. Those who do believe, good for you, you've somehow resisted the taint

As for the image of the guy touching supposedly spent fuel, ya, not buying it, just another piece of industry programming misinfo. For one, the rods are way to short to be spent fuel and two nobody in their right mind would be that stupid who didn't want to commit suicide in a horrible case of acute radiation sickness -- truly one of the worst possible ways to die.

Sigh.

Here is the video again for those who actually want to listen for yourselves.

edit on 29-11-2011 by Wertwog because: hello darkness my old friend, I've come to talk to you again

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

In Canada at least the old eskimos get a choice about whether or not they want to walk off into the snow. It is a cold world when you are deemed useless because of how old you are. Cancer isn't the only effect of radiation. Plenty of painful effects can be felt almost right away with certain doses. How nice that old people would be deemed so expendable. Such a nice reward after a lifetime of contributing to society.

You asked for data insinuating that it would make a difference as to whether people would leave or not, and you just proved my point. It won't. Whether or not you realize it, you've just admitted that the data isn't determining your choices. Cultural practices, traditions, emotionality, are. So don't pretend it's the data. The data exists. Not wanting to leave despite the data is what many Japanese are doing. Using the data, or lack or wealth of it is just an excuse. No amount of data would matter.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Wertwog because: yeeehawww!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

What happened in Fukushima, a technical Perspective!

Very interesting to get a deeper look inside

This seminar is intended to be informative, as well as provide sufficient time for answering questions regarding the nuclear situation at Fukishima Daiichi, and how it may relate to currently operating nuclear power plants in the US.

Please visit; enformable.com... ushima-a-technical-perspective
edit on 29-11-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1132  1133  1134    1136  1137  1138 >>

join