It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1132.htm
<< 1129  1130  1131    1133  1134  1135 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Detroit, MI vs. Anchorage, AK...what's wrong with this picture?

Detroit, MI
www.epa.gov...

Anchorage, AK
www.epa.gov...

Whew...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
Excellent GR. Good to see you back. I think Im getting close to a burn out period for awhile as well. Couple days maybe. Time to get back up into the mountains now that its snowing.

How come there are two greens to every red and blue. Not important question but I cant figure it.

Thank you and PC for the welcome, I extend my warmest greetings and thanks to everyone who has and are still riding this train! Take a break and reflect on the simple things in life if you have to

Regading colour filters: good spotting! There are two greens to every red and blue because the human eye is most sensitive to green light, around the lime green colour, slightly to the yellowish green side, depending on the subject and study you look at. A colour filter array proportioned this way simulates the human eye response most accurately. Also a correction: the colour filter array pictured in the gamma strike post is 1mm scale width, not 1cm. Shows how tiny and susceptible those little chips are.

Also thank you for the image posting tip. Amazed I'd never heard about it, very rarely check the front page and instead usually come here when on ATS..

reply to post by Human0815

Doubt that gas treatment system will do wonders for releases with all the cracks and holes throughout everything, although every bit helps if we are to be optimistic

I do find the latest news of a tepco worker, stating that there is nothing that they can really do anymore, to be quite chilling. I guess we knew that was going to be the case eventually and that's one thing, to actually hear it is another.

reply to post by YarlanZey

Thank you for the links, Elenas' site is a very good account of the Chernobyl area
I always found the rainbow fire accounts to be fascinating. A firefighter also reported the same thing, I wonder if it is some extreme form of ionizing, not too dissimilar to the aurora.

Radiation damage works quite similarly on film, just that the radiation exposure to the image is practically constant whilst in a contaminated zone, before and after the photo is taken. You can see the gamma strikes here on the bottom of the film, mostly indicating a severe level on the roof below them and from the reactor. They are just cumulative 'squiggly lines' and gamma strike blotches really.

edit: credits to elenas' site for the image www.angelfire.com...

www.youtube.com...
Latest rail wipe packbot cam (posted prior) shows heavy gamma strikes, worst I've ever seen on it. That and the EU spike of i131, perhaps something really bad did happen in conjunction with the xenon spikes..
Why else would the readings increase after a wipe down? Tepcoincidences happening again eh?

'Ghostrider raises a beer for all the thread contributors and honourable people, whom have attempted to lift the veil of nuclear secrecy around the world'
edit on 25/11/11 by GhostR1der because: edit to ad image credits

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

You-Tube Video

Whew...

- Purple Chive

"Imo." this do not look like a Burn from Radiation
but i know this kind of Burns only from the Hospital!

I will try to show some Pics:
by X-Rays
by Telecobalt
Nuclear Accident
Nuclear Accident
by Radioactive Material

The Doc should take Blood, a piece of the Skin as well as doing a examination of her Clothes!

I think one of the most scary aspects is that this Women need to consult Youtube, Enenews
and what so ever to get a Ear, this Women feared a poisoning and in Panico
(normal, i do the same)
but i am old school and think the first Reference/ Contact Person
must be the Environment Ministry,
they get elected by us to protect us, to secure a safe and correct flow of Information
and to protect the whole State/ Hive-Corpus, Population and every single Person!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Regading colour filters: good spotting! There are two greens to every red and blue because the human eye is most sensitive to green light, around the lime green colour, slightly to the yellowish green side, depending on the subject and study you look at. A colour filter array proportioned this way simulates the human eye response most accurately.

Interersting. Thanks GR.

Also thank you for the image posting tip. Amazed I'd never heard about it, very rarely check the front page and instead usually come here when on ATS..

Dont feel like the lone ranger. I quit posting pics for sometime cause I didnt want to go through Imageshack etc. It took someone saying how cool the upload section was for me to figure something was up.

'Ghostrider raises a beer for all the thread contributors and honourable people, whom have attempted to lift the veil of nuclear secrecy around the world'
edit on 25/11/11 by GhostR1der because: edit to ad image credits

Yeah, what GR said.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Some interesting pics from the France to Germany nuke train protests. The first one is a thermal image of the train being guarded by police.

Does that seem excessively hot. Is the dark/light range wide. Are those lights on the side of the train and if so the outside of the cargo is hotter than a ligtht bulb. dont touch.
The second shows a protester trying to get gas through a crack in the window and this picture and caption really make me laugh. It also reminds me of the movie "V for vendetta".

Picture this, unarmed youth are gassed for stopping the use of trains to transport nuclear fuel. One of those youths grabs a canister and takes it over to a police van with a cracked open window, and tries to give the police inside, armed with the full assortment of tools of the trade (guns, gas, batons) a taste of their own medicine, and the caption reads 'Protesters Attack Police'. Has anyone ever heard of a headline saying 'Police Attack Protesters'. Untolds amount of gas, sometimes mixed with nerve agents and sold by US companies, is dumped on protesters these days daily, hourly, by the minute at any time somewhere on this planet. This is never referred to as an attack. Nor is the use of rubber coated bullets which kill. I mean come on. (Rubber coated bullets. That must go into the safe nuclear, clean coal, moral majority and army intelligence file).

The word 'attack' brings out a specific response in people. But in mainstream media the situation is always portrayed as David attacking and Goliath just doing his job, defending off all those vicious attacks from David.

Just wait Goliath. You aint seen nothing yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And before taking off for a couple of days Ive a favor to ask. Some time ago Turdco said they would be using the big crane for removing radioactive debris off the top of R3. Ive been checking periodically ever since and have yet to see one thing removed, or the crane in action at all. Are they afraid of revealing something. Dont know, but if anyone does ever see the R3 crane in use removing debris, please get a capture of it. What they remove, in what order and where it was located is important.

edit on 25-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Busby answers critics

Posting for info only. Me = neutral on the topic.

One thing I do believe, however, is that when anti-nuke scientists get attacked there is usually a nuke behind it. Busby go boom bye bye. Vaporized. Threat = eliminated.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Some interesting pics from the France to Germany nuke train protests. The first one is a thermal image of the train being guarded by police.

Does that seem excessively hot. Is the dark/light range wide. Are those lights on the side of the train and if so the outside of the cargo is hotter than a ligtht bulb. dont touch.
The second shows a protester trying to get gas through a crack in the window and this picture and caption really make me laugh. It also reminds me of the movie "V for vendetta".

Picture this, unarmed youth are gassed for stopping the use of trains to transport nuclear fuel. One of those youths grabs a canister and takes it over to a police van with a cracked open window, and tries to give the police inside, armed with the full assortment of tools of the trade (guns, gas, batons) a taste of their own medicine, and the caption reads 'Protesters Attack Police'. Has anyone ever heard of a headline saying 'Police Attack Protesters'. Untolds amount of gas, sometimes mixed with nerve agents and sold by US companies, is dumped on protesters these days daily, hourly, by the minute at any time somewhere on this planet. This is never referred to as an attack. Nor is the use of rubber coated bullets which kill. I mean come on. (Rubber coated bullets. That must go into the safe nuclear, clean coal, moral majority and army intelligence file).

The word 'attack' brings out a specific response in people. But in mainstream media the situation is always portrayed as David attacking and Goliath just doing his job, defending off all those vicious attacks from David.

Just wait Goliath. You aint seen nothing yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And before taking off for a couple of days Ive a favor to ask. Some time ago Turdco said they would be using the big crane for removing radioactive debris off the top of R3. Ive been checking periodically ever since and have yet to see one thing removed, or the crane in action at all. Are they afraid of revealing something. Dont know, but if anyone does ever see the R3 crane in use removing debris, please get a capture of it. What they remove, in what order and where it was located is important.

Z, note that the wheels of the train are just as hot, was this shot taken during the hot sun?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

Z, note that the wheels of the train are just as hot, was this shot taken during the hot sun?

I dont know M. initially I thought it must be dusk or night as the faces show up as white, and there arent alot of hot metal pieces showing thermally which I think we'd see. Then I remembered that it depends on the range from light to dark, angle of sun and all that stuff. Ill look into it since my trip has been postponed.

Interesting shot huh? I dont think Ive ever seen a spent fuel thermal photo before. Kinda scary. No wonder the protesters arent happy campers. But what really amazes me is why arent the cargo's transported inside an enclosed train instead of on a flatbed.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is a thermal train pic from Jan. Its has a very limited range of 20C. This appears to be definately at night as the heat sources are roofs and windows, which you'd expect to see at night in the winter. However, the recent shot appears to have a much greater range. And because only those things creating their own heat (ie heated from use, or being human heat or spent fuel) are showing up, this is probably nighttime as well. The question Ill look into is which direction was the train below heading. If it was west it was spent fuel. If it was east it would be re-processed fuel. Dont know if that would make a difference in the temp of the heat source though.

And heres a shot of what they are covered by. Nothing much at all really.

And I love these guys. What a cool pic. This is a "sorry but thats not gonna happen today" shot from Germany.

edit on 26-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Good afternoon gang. I've been out doing a few tests with the dosimeter. In side our house in eastern Ontario, I get from 0.08 - 0.19 mcSv/h. Outside, around the viliage it reads 0.11 - 0.22. In my 15 walk around testing field grass, wooden picnic tables and fresh cow poop. All were in the 0.13 - 0.22 range. I had 2 strange little spikes during my walk. 0.33 and 0.44 mcSv/h. We are 450 ft above sea level. I googled it. I even checked the filthy filter on my shop vac. 0.16 give or take a couple. I have a few road trips to do around the valley with targets, and a lot more testing to do [I wish I had pre-fuk readings] but at least I'll know if I get a prolonged spike. Screen cap from the lawn.

They have shut down another nuke plant. 10 to go. The downtown cores of Cities [especially Japanese cities] look like Las Vegas. Hopefully they have cut back on this waste. All cities should,
www.japantimes.co.jp... eadline+News+-+News+&+Business%29

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
enformable.com...

A joint study by Kyoto University and the University of Tsukuba, among other entities, estimated that water at the mouth of the Abukumagawa river running through the prefecture was contaminated with cesium levels over 50 billion becquerels a day.

The findings showed that the Abukumagawa river is releasing up to 52.4 billion becquerels of cesium per day into the sea, the report said.

When are people going to wake up and stop this. This is what George Green keeps talking about, the kill off of most of the world in the Northern Hemisphere via nuclear. He talks about wars, which may or may not happen on a nuclear level. I perceive it being much more subtle. No one gets it until its too late.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I dont know M. initially I thought it must be dusk or night as the faces show up as white, and there arent alot of hot metal pieces showing thermally which I think we'd see. Then I remembered that it depends on the range from light to dark, angle of sun and all that stuff. Ill look into it since my trip has been postponed.

Interesting shot huh? I dont think Ive ever seen a spent fuel thermal photo before. Kinda scary. No wonder the protesters arent happy campers. But what really amazes me is why arent the cargo's transported inside an enclosed train instead of on a flatbed.

Z can you post the source for the pic in ? please? I want to look around a tad.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hi all, I am still lurking and wanted to give you some stars and thumbs up.
Great work and as soon as I can get a new wi fi booster antenna for my new laptop and upload all the goodies I have on my old beloved XP machine, I'll be able to contribute more.
Western Washington got over 4 inches of rain past week and I suspect it had some nasties in it, but I have no data yet.
The heat signatures on the train cars was a real eye opener, great find!!
rbrtj

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Purple globs on Fuku webcam by bushes and also on the pipes at bottom of picture. Looks like its raining/overcast so probably not sunlight effect. Can anyone get a screenshot? (Not sure how to do this).

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
"The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of thinking, and thus we drift towards unparalleled catastrophe. Concern for man himself and his fate must always form the chief interest of all technical endeavours... Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations.'
Albert Einstein, physicist

Greetings:

As the Nuclear Gamble Continues...

Today, we;re looking at plutonium. We'll share some tasty bits.

(...) Plutonium, the metal that made the American Century possible, was manufactured by thousands of people, organized by a rich, centralized democratic state devoted to the advancement of military science.

The deadliest products of this effort are thousands of hollow grapefruit- size plutonium "pits" that power America's nuclear weapons.

Our arsenals house roughly 24,000 plutonium pits, of which some 10,600 are inside nuclear weapons.

Each pit, slightly warm to the touch, has about 30 parts, which are often coated with nickel or beryllium. Engineered to extraordinary tolerances, the parts fit together like a three-dimensional puzzle.

What about the plutonium in America?

Discover Magazine

Since plutonium has a short emission path - it is difficult to detect outside the body. Customary histology and autopsy studies do not detect it, so plutonium in the living body is likely to be an occult, undetected and unreported factor.

In man, it is particularly well situated to cause harm since it lodges especially in the body-wide reticulo-endothelial system. Here it can impair and kill cells of the immune system leading to immune deficiency and eventually leukemia.

[color=Cyan]Leukemia is found down wind from Winscale which has been processing nuclear waste and extracting plutonium since 1952.

Winscale/Sellafield is still pumping "nuclear effluent" into the Irish Sea every night. Much of this is carried by Northeast Atlantic currents up the coast of Norway to the Arctic Ocean where it accounts for 20% of measured current Arctic plutonium pollution.

Nation Building…World’s 10 Largest [$$$] Construction Projects

Sellafield is the U.K.’s primary nuclear-fuel reprocessing facility. Located in Cumbria, 70 miles north of Liverpool, the plant covers 700 acres and employs 11,000 workers.

Perhaps most notably, it is home to world’s first commercial nuclear power plant, Calder Hall, which ended its 47 years of duty in 2003.

That's a good thing, right? Shut down, and no more problems ... oh, wait.

In 2008, Nuclear Management Partners Ltd. (a consortium made up of Amec, URS and Areva) was hired to operate, clean up, and ultimately decommission Sellafield.

[color=Chartreuse]The process will take more than a century.

By 2120, the NDA expects the Sellafield site will have achieved brownfield status.

BTW, there was an incident at Sellafield when the cooling system failed and divers found the water intake plugged with monster jelly fish. Fishing is forbidden close to Sellafield where there are high environmental plutonium levels in Irish Sea sediment.

Wonder if this one was a friend that got too close?

The first plutonium bomb (Fat Man, Nagasaki, August 1945) comprised 15 kg of Pu239. Of this only 1.5 kg fissioned, and the remainder (13.5 kg) was vaporized.

It has been shown that within two years the Nagasaki plutonium became evenly distributed around the northern hemisphere and random sampling in stable ice layers in the Canadian Arctic for instance showed traces.

[color=9AFEFF]It is inferred that from this time, Pu239 could gain access to biological systems and to the food chain.

Plutonium has been shown to gain access to marine life and food chain in varying proportions.[...]
Effects on fish might include reduced fecundity, deformities, increased disease susceptibility and reduced longevity. This would be seen as falling size and numbers of fish that is - loss of ocean bounty.

Did you know?

[color=FDD017]World fishing accounts for double the food mass of land husbandry.

To be continued ...

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]
edit on 26/11/2011 by thorfourwinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Greetings:

Did you know?

[color=(AFEFF]Each 1000 megawatt nuclear power plant produces about 500 pounds of plutonium a year and about 30 metric tons of high-level radioactive waste.

Producing long-lived radioactive wastes with no solution for its disposal will leave serious and irreversible environmental damage and degradation for generations to come, which is contrary to the principles of sustainability.

Nuclear power plants produce extremely toxic radioactive wastes that are long-lived and have no safe means of disposal. Disposal is neither scientifically credible nor is there any sustainable options for interim storage. source

Some Serious Questions From Dr. Ross Wilcock:

When it comes to "nuclear de-mining" - such a task would seem to be impossible. A land mine
de-mining program is daunting enough.

What can be done to recover such biologically harmful material from the environment?

How can these materials be detected in living tissues?

How can they be extracted from the living body? - from yourself?

Is there any possibility of remediation for anticipated harmful effects once they are recognized?

Where are the "at risk areas"? - Places where nuclear materials are mined and processed; military sites; storage sites; testing sites; nuclear reactors (80% of Soviet nuclear reactors were built close to geological fault lines); nuclear processing plants.

How about these for inclusion in that list?

Should the living oceans of the world be treated like a sewer?

Until Man began to interfere - they were teeming with life. Many nations are dumping unwanted hazardous materials in the seas. Is this wise? Nature is highly adept at recycling - what goes down is likely to come up again in the water cycle, or the food cycle though it may take a thousand years.

Is it wise to lay up trouble for the future - until a storm stirs up the toxic sediments?

Why is there so little information and understanding about occult elements in foodstuffs?

Why are human remains and other species remains not routinely checked or sampled for lifetime total heavy metal burden?

Might there be a quantitative threshold for individuals and for living populations in relation to these matters?

[color=Chartreuse]What happens when a threshold is exceeded?

And he concludes with four questions that we must provide intelligent answers to, IMHO.

[color=#dc1400]Does anyone[color=#dc2800] have a clear[color=#dc3c00] understanding of the [color=#dc5000]global ramifications of these [color=#dc7800]many difficult problems potentially [color=#dc8c00]affecting all species [color=#dca000]and all progeny?

[color=#dcc800]Will people of future generations look back on these times with[color=#dcdc00] horror for what we did to the bountiful inheritance of Nature?

[color=#b4dc00]Will the verdict [color=#a0dc00]of history be [color=#8cdc00]ignorance, willful [color=#78dc00]folly or crime?

[color=#50dc00]As these kinds of [color=#3cdc00]problems accumulate[color=#28dc00], how long can [color=#14dc00]we hope that [color=#00dc00]Life on Earth will continue?

To be continued ...

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Z can you post the source for the pic in ? please? I want to look around a tad.

will do a soon as I find it again. Google hasnrt been a help so Ill have to go through history, and if you knew how big my histories were each day....but soon I promise. and I need it too. Dont know why I didnt save it.

ON EDIT; It was easier than I thought M
www.bbc.co.uk...
-------------------------------------

Originally posted by rbrtj

Good to see you back rbrtj. Wondered what was up.

Nice teaser. Looking forward to it. Im a glutten for data

-------------------------------------

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

Have to use that Einstein quote. He's a fave of mine. Concerning the questions in need of an intelligent response, I dont know about intelligent, but heres what Tepco submitted.

Q) Does anyone have a clear understanding of the global ramifications of these many difficult problems potentially affecting all species and all progeny?

A) Is a pro genie like a pro football player.....nevermind.....next question.

Q) Will people of future generations look back on these times with horror for what we did to the bountiful inheritance of Nature?

A) Uhmmmm....nevermind.....next question.

Q) Will the verdict of history be ignorance, willful folly or crime?

A) Whoa.........totally never never nervermind.......next question.

Q) As these kinds of problems accumulate, how long can we hope that Life on Earth will continue?

A) What was the first question again?
edit on 26-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
From ENENEWS. This is the add under the headline. You cant make this stuff up.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is one hella ride around the country posted here already by Purplechive. Excellent read yall. I noted the pertinence to prophecy and brought it out.

Kid Speed

Being non religious, I am not a very concerned about my sins, because price for the sins we'll pay in the world thereafter, but I am really concerned about mistakes, where price we got to pay already in this world... I am not optimist who sees the glass half full and not a pessimist who sees the same glass half empty. I am a realist who always sees the glass exactly as it is and here in Chernie I see through a glass, darkly, that authors of the Bible had somehow foreseen the Chernobyl disaster.

In Greek, that the New Testament was originally written in, the verse where it say- "..and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp.." the word "fell" means "to hover or to settle," and the word "star" translates to "as scattered across the sky." It in turn is derived from another Greek word which meant "to spread like a carpet" - an appropriate description of the radiation cloud that spread across the area. Most interesting that the word for "lamp" comes from a Greek verb meaning "to radiate." When you make that into a noun, you have "radiation."

In verse 11 the name of the star is even capitalized, as a proper name of a place.. As for the third part of the world, it was popular in the first centuries Greek to use the term "one-third" to describe a large quantity. Chernobyl may be as well a group name for all Chernobyls to come, wherever a "great star" will fall again, the future of this land will be the same, radiation and wormwood- the grass of oblivion.

Another interesting detail, the alternate meaning of "wormwood" for the word "Chernobyl" has now mysteriously disappeared from our dictionaries. Such is the policy of our government. In order to suppress apocalyptic moods and to build more reactors, they have removed this word from dictionaries. I doubt, they will succeed in erasing this episode from our memory, word is still in everyday use and we all know that not all governments of the world, not even their rich patrons from almighty atomic industry, can remove verses from Bible.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Looks like ENE might be back up. Fallout found as far as Okinawa.
enenews.com...
And the Asahi article with map.
ajw.asahi.com...
And a scary article on school lunches.
enenews.com... ipment-was-available

new topics

top topics

<< 1129  1130  1131    1133  1134  1135 >>

join