It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1131.htm
<< 1128  1129  1130    1132  1133  1134 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

EQ 6.1 - Fuku Shake...

4:24 AM...or 6 minutes into clip...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hello all. Had to take a break from Fukushima, it did my head in! Enough bread and circuses for now though
Again, I'm always amazed at the dedication to this thread from everyone - it warms my heart.

Originally posted by Human0815
When i want to show something it is very easy,
i can make Photos and Youtube Videos from and with my Geiger Counters
with the declaration

"Fukushima had no impact here in Tokyo"

but how professional is this Statement?

The same problem we can see with the Flower Story,
Flowers and Trees dies,
but how many died because of Radiation
and why Radiation kill Flowers and Trees?
Until there is no real Investigation this Story is worthless!

GR image accreditation: Tokyo radiation levels increase again. Source park18.wakwak.com...

Here is some proof. It doesn't claim a specific amount of radiation (CPS is tube dependent), it merely records the presence of high levels of radioactive particles in Tokyo on the 15th. Now considering it is a standard tube counter (GM10), to measure an increase in radiation level from airborne particles, requires a hell of a lot of them! Usually such counters are used to measure contaminated ground, objects and swab samples, whilst air measurements (which is the main cause of this increase) are done with a known flow rate air filter.
You can just see the baseline radiation increase after this spike. It was the largest I recorded over a few weeks of monitoring, figured if it wasn't captured, it'd be lost forever. With some of the 'happenings' in Japan and the filtration of information, I'm glad I did! I'd also be interested to see if the meter is still going as it 404s.. the base link (park18.wakwak.com...) still works.. do you think you could do some sniffing around for us please Human? I can't read it!

And regarding the air filter comment, I have some pre-fukushima airfilters from my motorbikes that can be tested side by side with currently used ones.. anyone in NZ game to meet and measure?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by vox2442 Today's fact: Red pine turn yellow and occasionally will even lose their needles entirely in winter.

Vox, are these red pines. These are the trees I was referring to. Very sickly looking. But if this is normal thats good to know.

Almost all the ground level trees around the fukushima reactors cannot be very reliable 'canaries'. Two words: Brine damage. The ones NW from R3/4 on the embankment hill would be though, as Mr tsunami can't get there but Mr fuel rods and Mrs Gamma can and did
heads up.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I try to find the ultimate Answer for the Sparks and Colors,
help to articulate your/ our Observations and post your ideas too;
F`Shima Cam, a technical question

Thats an interesting theory that Arbitrageur has posted.

We know the TEPCO site is contaminated with radiation. therefore it's not surprising we see similar artifacts caused by radiation. In fact that cosmic ray artifact looks almost identical to the artifact on the right side of your second image. And we know from that trajectory that the particle was traveling in a direction somewhat parallel to the camera's image sensor. That means the source of the radiation was probably much closer to the camera than the reactor. My guess is the source for that streak was some radioactive contamination on the ground, somewhat underneath the camera but off to the side a bit.

That implies the source being from around the areas under the electrical conduit walkway next to the cam, where the strange blobs and blurs occur. Hmmmmmm. The only thing I dont understand is, why on the bot cams that go inside the reactor buildings and get pinged massively, why do these pings not seem to make streaks since some would have to travel at an angle across multiple pixels as well. A double hmmmmm. Or do they? Ill have to go back and check.
edit on 22-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

Ahh cameras. Good to get back to this subject, we wouldn't see fukushima without them! I like cameras if you cannot tell.. They keep me fed sometimes!
I have touched on this briefly before, pretty much what Arbitrageur said but with one thing we need to take into account:Compton scattering. This causes gamma/x-rays to deviate from their original path as they hit dense parts of an atom nucleus, so the source could still be the reactors for a longer 'line type' gamma strike, however less likely!

Gamma strike? What the hell is that ghost rider? To recap my earlier in thread gamma strike explainations, I'm going to use pictures to hopefully clear this up for everyone
1000 words an whatnot. Many cameras nowadays use CMOS (complementary metal oxide semiconductor) technology (example below) but there are still many CCD (charge coupled device) cameras. However either technology type is nearly irrelevant as the cause and effect is about the same under high exposure rates.. they inherently are displaying the same thing, using a different detection and processing method.

The meat:

Each one of those pixels (dots) you see in a photo is often made by something like this:

It sits in an array like this (photo is 1cm across!):

Images courtesy of www.maxmax.com - the very best in infrared camera conversions (UFO hunter heaven!) Hosted by imageshack

Each sensor dot is filtered with either Red, green or blue (pictured) so the camera can determine what colour it is seeing (it can't actually see coloured images without these filters!). These are combined to make a colour picture (R+G+B).

When a high energy particle or x/gamma ray strikes these little intricate chips, they can cause a cascade of electrons through the circuits, so erroneous (depending on how you want to look at it) data is sent to the cameras 'brain'. That's why we see these strikes and why the colour is different each time. Now when they are in a long line or squiggle, you can tell that the ray has struck many sensors in a row before either bouncing out or dissipating. Compton scattering states it doesn't have to be from that direction originally, but chances are higher.

The reason the robocam doesn't get them as bad is that it will be radiation hardened, using better logic (programming to remove these artifacts), thicker materials around the sensors, all to dissipate radiation before it reaches the sensor. Never quite works 100% with gamma shine though, if you watch dark parts of images you may be lucky.

I try to find the ultimate Answer for the Sparks and Colors,
help to articulate your/ our Observations and post your ideas too;
F`Shima Cam, a technical question

I'll copy this answer over to that thread as well

What hosts do ya'll use for images? Uploading ATS images is still stuffed up (thanks amigos..) If image shack don't work, just click it!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Thanks for posting the Fuku-cam video Purple. Was watching national news when it happened, scrolled across
the bottom that it was not felt in Fukushima...I called BS, and scooted on over here to get the "real" news

Des
edit on 24-11-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

This is the most Up to Date:

This is just a Observation Page.

It is the 5th Box (?) i do not know how to call it

I am still amazed how low it is and i hope it go only lower tomorrow,
the day after and later, only in one direction

Even on 03/15 it was "low"

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

yep, it looks like the cam is on its way out. Or just being colorful.

Firstly how the hell did you do the /pic tags? Where are the images from?

Secondly they are lense flares, you can see how they are in a straight line from the source and will change with the sun. I have a clear example in some of my footage of this effect, it's currently in final draft phase, awaiting copyright approval so I can't show you the video. This frame is during a pan so it is not crisp (excuses excuses
). When I can I'll link the video and you can see the flare moving along the screen, as the camera pans.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

edit: it's huge! note the flare line on the left hand side and the diamond shaped dots in the middle of the image, these are both examples of different types of lense flare.

reply to post by Human0815

Thank you so much
Gold star. Awesome to see how it looks now though... lower than I expected! Also potrblog does determinations of nuclide analysis using radioactivity reduction rates, wonder if they are reading and can work with this data?

edit:

Originally posted by YarlanZey

Do we know what type of camera it is? Can we get hold of specs for it etc. so we can test and investigate the hardware and software. Can we reproduce the effects seen on FukuCam with other cameras?

From some footage it appears to be thermal infrared capable, however after reinspecting, some parts of the image didn't seem right... could be a CGI effect by a 3rd party, after tepco has released the footage publically (nuckelchen etc). Has anyone seen the actual live feed change from standard colour to thermal on the fly? If so then it could be thermal camera and likely a magna BSP job. I've only seen this occur in uploaded videos hence my reservation now.

The drawing that the 'pointing man' released showed a standard triangular shaped outdoor webcam. Like 'the default webcam of webcams'... bog standard.

WOW! It knocked the webcam out of alignment! Can't see the orange window anymore.
edit on 24/11/11 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Nuclear winter awaits lone Japan resident near crippled plant

Living without electricity or enough money to fill his generators with gas, Mr. Matsumura wonders whether his neighbor’s supply of charcoal will keep him warm enough through the frigid northern winter, where temperatures can plummet below zero.

He is worried that the hundreds of animals he has been feeding - some 400 cows, 60 pigs, 30 fowl, 10 dogs, more than 100 cats, and an ostrich - will not survive to see another spring. “They need help from humans,” he said in an interview in a rice field about 25 miles due west of the ongoing meltdown at the nuclear power plant.

“My supplies to feed them will be gone by the end of December. They need food, and buildings for shelter from the winter. I’m the only one taking care of everything. The government should do it, but I’m doing it.” From an ancestral line of samurai warriors, he was raised by a “spartan” father to work hard and think for himself.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Japanese Main Retailers Ranked by Greenpeace on Radiation Protection

Due to its “radiation-free” food policy announced on November 8, AEON leads the ranking, with Ito Yokado taking second place given its labeling system announced on November 21 shows fishing areas for skipjack tuna and Pacific saury sold in the greater Tokyo area. Seiyu trails as the worst retailer in this guide, as when challenged it responded that Greenpeace’s criteria were “not needed” and that it is asking the Japanese government for enhanced food contamination screening. Results of the survey (points out of 100) showed that AEON topped the ranking with 82 points, followed by Ito Yokado (68), Daiei (54), Uny (Apita) (46), and Seiyu (32).

www.panorientnews.com...

France delays nuclear train amid demo threats

French authorities on Thursday ordered a train carrying reprocessed nuclear waste to be delay crossing into Germany for 24 hours to try to avoid mass protests from anti-nuclear demonstrators. Riot police battled protesters when it began its journey in northern France on Wednesday and thousands more demonstrators are expected to try to block it once it crosses the border.

The train was halted at Remilly junction 50 kilometres (30 miles) from the border while nuclear company Areva, French rail firm SNCF and police decided which of three possible routes it can now take, a security source said. A heavy police presence was deployed in and around the small town and on the tracks around the station, where a dozen buses full of riot police were on standby, an AFP reporter at the scene said.

German police were due to take over from their French counterparts once the train, carrying the last German nuclear waste to be reprocessed in France, resumes its 1,500-kilometre trip to Gorleben in eastern Germany. Last November a similar convoy took 91 hours to arrive at its final destination - an entire day longer than planned - as it was dogged the length of the route by French and then German protesters.

Spooked by Japan's Fukushima disaster, Germany has decided to phase out its use of nuclear power, and thus bring to an end the controversial practice of sending radioactive waste overland to France for reprocessing. Read more: www.montrealgazette.com...

In Germany close to 20.000 Police Men and Women are mobilized,
incl. Toilets and Beds and "the #-Box" because it is very complicated
to visit a Toilette in Riot Gear

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Oh this is rich. Tepco not responsible for fallout after it leaves the fuk site. Sort of like Hey! that bullit in your head? Not mine. It's left the gun.
ajw.asahi.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Are they really crazy or total Baka:

The district court also rejected the companies' demand for compensation, saying the golf course operations could have been resumed because the radiation levels were below 3.8 microsieverts per hour, the yardstick set by the science ministry in April for authorizing the use of schoolyards.

The same Article

Afir they never spoke about this "Limit"!

@ Zworld, in the case you missed it:

Specs of the monitoring car that I asked about in the last press conference: dust sampling, air radiation level, neutron detection, wind speed and strength, etc., according to TEPCO's Matsumoto. So I asked, "Weren't you then doing the dust sampling from March 11?" Matsumoto answered as a matter of fact, "Yes." At that time in March, TEPCO said they weren't.

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

edit on 24-11-2011 by Human0815 because: add info!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanks Ghost for the explanation. I'm afraid I'm not very technical in this area and the details are handy to know. I have found these lights fascinating. They made me remember something I read about Chernobyl, when the crowds were standing on the bridge and watching the rainbow colours from the exposed core. I think it was from Elena 's site; the chick with the bike. Very cool site with lots to pictures and observations. For those who haven't looked here's the link (apologies for adding again). Going to have a quick read and see if it it there.

Kid of Speed

By the way I am watching via the TEPCO site so the only image manipulations are being done by big T themselves.

Tepco Webcam

Nice to be back to the old view. I wonder what we have missed while the camera was pointing the other way? It is always lit up on that side with stuff going on.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Excellent GR. Good to see you back. I think Im getting close to a burn out period for awhile as well. Couple days maybe. Time to get back up into the mountains now that its snowing.

Originally posted by GhostR1der

Each sensor dot is filtered with either Red, green or blue (pictured) so the camera can determine what colour it is seeing (it can't actually see coloured images without these filters!). These are combined to make a colour picture (R+G+B).

When a high energy particle or x/gamma ray strikes these little intricate chips, they can cause a cascade of electrons through the circuits, so erroneous (depending on how you want to look at it) data is sent to the cameras 'brain'. That's why we see these strikes and why the colour is different each time. Now when they are in a long line or squiggle, you can tell that the ray has struck many sensors in a row before either bouncing out or dissipating. Compton scattering states it doesn't have to be from that direction originally, but chances are higher.

The reason the robocam doesn't get them as bad is that it will be radiation hardened, using better logic (programming to remove these artifacts), thicker materials around the sensors, all to dissipate radiation before it reaches the sensor. Never quite works 100% with gamma shine though, if you watch dark parts of images you may be lucky.

How come there are two greens to every red and blue. Not important question but I cant figure it.

What hosts do ya'll use for images? Uploading ATS images is still stuffed up (thanks amigos..) If image shack don't work, just click it!

I wondered why you were posting through Imageshack. The new ATS system is a dream. A million times easier than before. At top, click on tools and then right below it ATS uploads. It will take you to the sight where you can upload an image and then all you need to do is copy the address and paste it in. Way easier and kudos to ATS for putting that together. Now if we could get the character limit dropped for this thread we'd really be rocking.

That EQ lasted roughly 45 seconds. Thats a long time for an EQ that size. Actually Im not sure the size as there are different estimations, but still seems a long one.

Another one a bit stronger and further north occurred not too long ago.
edit on 24-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Greetings:

Great work on keeping us abreast of breaking information from the video front.

We've been posting food warnings for some time; more:

4 September 2011
4 Above Limit Radioactive Cesium Tea Products Reach Market

Radioactive cesium exceeding the legal limit has been detected in four tea products that reached the market and were made with tea leaves from Saitama and Chiba prefectures, a recent health ministry inspection showed.

One of the products, using tea leaves from Chiba Prefecture, contained [color=3BB9FF]2,720 becquerels of cesium per kilogram, far above the government-set limit of 500 becquerels, the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry said Friday. (...)

12 October 2011
Fukushima Rice All Cleared for Shipment, Radioactive or Not

(...) Fukushima rice all cleared for shipment, radioactive or not because in the "main" test administered by the Fukushima prefectural government, none exceeded the stringent national provisional safety limit of 500 becquerels/kg of radioactive cesium.

The highest was from a district in Nihonmatsu City, 470 becquerels/kg. But not to worry, rice farmers of the particular district.

The Fukushima prefectural government will buy up all your rice, according to Kyodo News English (10/12/2011), probably using the money from the national government (i.e. nation's taxpayers' money).

Wow! Under the wire by 30 becquerels/kg (7%). Now, doesn't that make you feel all warm and cozy and hungry... not! Wonder what the cut-off number really is, if there really is one?

It's a win-win for those rice farmers who went ahead and grew rice, regardless of concern for radioactivity in the soil - the same thing the farmers are doing for the next crop.

If testing shows less than 500 becquerels/kg of cesium, they are all set to sell. If testing shows close to 500 becquerels/kg, the government buys the crop.

No information on what the prefecture is going to do with the rice it buys up, but I suspect it will find its way to the market eventually. [color=3BB9FF]It's a lose-lose for a minority of conscientious farmers in Fukushima who chose not to grow at all this year - no sales, no compensation.

Good luck, consumers, finding radiation-free rice and fighting critics who tell you that you are selfish on insisting on clean food. After all, it's not like the children are at risk ... oops!

14 October 2011
Radioactive Fukushima Rice Headed For Restaurants, Schools
and Consumers In Tokyo!

Now that the rice from all districts and cities in Fukushima Prefecture are declared “safe” (i.e. below the provisional safety limit of 500 becquerels/kg of radioactive cesium), the Fukushima prefectural government is gearing up for the PR campaign it plans to mount to promote Fukushima rice in restaurants and school lunches and to consumers in the Tokyo metropolitan area. (...)

Confined to only Tokyo? Isn't that where most tourists might tend to go (both of them)?

Why, we might ask?

The NHK article has an accompanying news clip, where you get to see how the “testing” was done at the Fukushima prefectural government. A government worker is waving a scintillation meter over a plastic bag that contains a small amount of brown rice.

He spends about 2 seconds at most for each bag.

If you recall, waving a scintillation meter over the meat cow was how they were testing the meat for radiation at first.

How'd that work out?

5 November 2011
CRIMINALS: Koriyama City in Fukushima To Feed 2011 Rice To School Kids

Did anyone say in the comment section that it was a duty of adults to protect children? I guess not in Koriyama City, which is located in high-radiation “Nakadori” (middle third) of Fukushima Prefecture and where 500,000 becquerels/kg of radioactive cesium was found in the rice hay.

The city will start using this year’s rice harvested in the city in the school lunches, starting next Tuesday. (...)

To be continued ...
Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

5 November 2011
CRIMINALS:
Koriyama City in Fukushima To Feed 2011 Rice To School Kids

Did anyone say in the comment section that it was a duty of adults to protect children?

I guess not in Koriyama City, which is located in high-radiation “Nakadori” (middle third) of Fukushima Prefecture and where 500,000 becquerels/kg of radioactive cesium was found in the rice hay.

The city will start using this year’s rice harvested in the city in the school lunches, starting next Tuesday.

Since the new rice harvested in Fukushima is all cleared for shipping as the sampling test has proven it is “safe,” it is just a matter of time 'til it’s fed to the most vulnerable and without voice – children.

Just as the Fukushima government, headed by THAT governor, has been pushing ever since declaring “safety” on October 12. Koriyama City has decided to use the new rice harvested in the city for school lunches starting next week.

Today, the city explained the radiation detection system to the parents. Koriyama City will require JA Koriyama, who will ship the rice, to conduct voluntary testing of radioactive materials, and will start using the city’s newly harvested rice in school lunches starting Tuesday November 8. (...)

...voluntary testing of radioactive materials...

Sounds like these guys were coached by the EPA.

For consumers outside Fukushima Prefecture, there is no way of telling whether a bag of new rice contains Fukushima rice, if it is a bag of “blended” rice. There is no requirement to list the places of origin if the rice from different locations are blended.

All the label will say is “made in Japan."

While consumers can still avoid, if they want to, Fukushima rice by avoiding “blended” rice and avoiding buying bento at convenience stores, school children cannot.

[color=8AFB17]A nation is utterly broken when the leaders think nothing of using children as propaganda tools, and excoriate those citizens who dare raise their voices.

It’s not just Fukushima Prefecture either.

No end in sight of Japanese nuclear horror.

16 November 2011
630 Bq/Kg Cesium In Rice From Fukushima City (NHK)

For those of you who wrote to me that Fukushima rice was “safe” because it all “tested” well below the safety limit of 500 becquerels/kg of radioactive cesium, sorry. NHK has a piece of bad news for you.

630 becquerels/kg of radioactive cesium has been detected from the rice grown and harvested in Onami District of Fukushima City in Fukushima. It was discovered only because one farmer asked the local JA to test his rice. (...)

"We are running out of safe food."

17 November 2011
Japan Residents Running Out Of Safe Food

I used to think canned food was ok, but even that was an illusion.

Greenpeace measured canned fish.

The samples were taken from 15 branches of 5 major super market chains from North Japan to Kanto area. The measurement was conducted in October.

As a result, [color=3BB9FF]they measured cesium from 27 of 75 canned fish.

They announced it on 11/16/2011.

Eg,4.6 Bq/Kg from canned chub mackerel.

This seems to be merely a beginning of the huge food problem. (...)

The tap water isn't safe either: 104,000 Bq/kg of Cesium from river in Fukushima.

The Ministry of the Environment published the measurement data of Cs-134, -137 contained in river, lake (source of tap water), and off shore of Fukushima.

(Lake, source of tap water)
• Cs-134 ~ 26,000 Bq/ kg
• Cs-137 ~ 32,000 Bq/ kg

18 November 2011
Japan Finally BANS Fukushima Rice

(...) Authorities in Fukushima prefecture say rice produced near the stricken atomic power plant contained caesium they measured at 630 becquerels per kilogram. The government safety limit is 500 becquerels. (...)

A team of international researchers this week said elevated levels of caesium in soil in the region would “severely impair” food production in eastern Fukushima.

The study, published in the US-based Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences journal, suggested farming in neighbouring areas could also suffer because of radiation. (...)

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

No information on what the prefecture is going to do with the rice it buys up, but I suspect it will find its way to the market eventually. [color=3BB9FF]It's a lose-lose for a minority of conscientious farmers in Fukushima who chose not to grow at all this year - no sales, no compensation.

No information?

Well, not unless you look for it, no.

The highest level was 470 becquerels per kilogram in Nihonmatsu. The prefectural government bought that rice for research purposes.

source.

Seriously people. It takes all of thirty seconds to fact check this stuff. Remember: wanting something to be true because it suits your pet theories does not make it true.

Oh, and 4.6 Bq/Kg from canned chub mackerel - that means I need to eat three cans of fish to be exposed to the same amount of radiation contained in a banana.

edit on 24-11-2011 by vox2442 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Miyagi debris from tsunami Tokyo-bound

The overwhelming amount of debris is interfering with rebuilding efforts in areas damaged by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, but Tokyo's attempts to help are raising public concerns about radiation contamination. Much of the debris was likely tainted by fallout from the Fukushima No. 1 power plant in adjacent Fukushima Prefecture, which was hit by multiple reactor meltdowns triggered by the disasters.

According to the metro government, the amount of cesium in a kilogram of ash from incinerated disaster debris is well below the government's provisional limit of 8,000 becquerels and about the same as that now being found in disposal facilities across the capital.

According to the agreement, the metro government will receive 100,000 tons of burnable waste from Onagawa by March 2013. The debris will be burned by all 20 public disposal facilities in Tokyo's 23 wards, as well as several of the 17 facilities in the Tama region, metro officials said.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

Japan Radiation Blew Around the World

A division of the Japan Meteorological Agency announced that up to 80 percent of the radioactive contamination from last March’s Fukushima nuclear power plant disaster fell into the ocean, but the remaining airborne material circled the planet on jet stream winds.

The Meteorological Research Institute said its computer simulations calculated that radioactive materials, including cesium-137, were blown northeastward beginning March 11 toward Russia’s Far East and Alaska before mainly falling into the Pacific.

It estimates that what minute amounts of contamination that remained in the atmosphere blew over the Pacific coast of the United States around March 17.

www.earthweek.com...

Drugs could lessen effects of radiation, study finds

A combination of two drugs may alleviate sickness in people who are exposed to high levels of radiation, even when given as much as 24 hours later, a Harvard University study suggests. Scientists gave radiation-exposed mice an antibiotic and a synthetic version of the human infection-fighting protein BPI, and 80 percent of the animals lived, according to a study published in the journal Science Translational Medicine.

The level of radioactivity was fatal to about 95 percent of the rodents within 30 days without treatment. The research may point toward new treatments for victims of nuclear disasters, such as Ukraine's Chernobyl and Japan's Fukushima Dai-Ichi, or a nuclear attack, the Harvard researchers said.

Radiation sickness can increase the body's susceptibility to bacteria while decreasing its ability to make white blood cells that help fight off infection. The mice that received both drugs not only had higher survival rates than those receiving one or the other, they also began generating new blood cells more quickly, the study showed.

www.dailymail.com...

Originally posted by vox2442
Oh, and 4.6 Bq/Kg from canned chub mackerel - that means I need to eat three cans of fish to be exposed to the same amount of radiation contained in a banana.

I loled hard when i was reading this 4,6 Bq in his Blog and asked my self what do he really know
or is he just reacting, i would understand Reacting because of Fear!
(This would be the honorable way)

But you do a misinterpretation too, you cant compare Radiation with Potassium!
There are always Substances who creating misreadings and falsify a medical Examination,
i know many of them

edit on 25-11-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2011 by Human0815 because: bold

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Unlike previous Mars mission launches, an accident during NASA’s upcoming liftoff poses an additional risk: the spread of radioactive plutonium, which is used to power the new rover, Curiosity. Some people are concerned that an explosion during launch, and the possible release of plutonium, would harm them. But should they really be worried?

Probably not — a launch accident poses little radiation danger to people, according to NASA.

Thats interesting... Here is what a particle of Pu did to the lung tissue of an ape after just 48 hours:

www.animatedsoftware.com...

A particle of plutonium 239 revealed by autoradiography. The black star in the middle of the picture shows tracks made by alpha rays emitted from a particle of plutonium 239 in the lung tissue of an ape. The alpha rays do not travel very far but once inside the body they can penetrate more than 10,000 cells within their range. This set of alpha tracks (magnified 500 times) occured over a 48 hr period. The plutonium 239 particle that emitted them has a half life of 24,400 years. [Lawrence Radiation Laboratory, Berkeley California, September 20, 1982.]

Note that Pu238 (half life of 89.7 years) is 272 times hotter (more active) than Pu239. It decays much faster so it's biological effects are stronger in proportion. Pu decay pathways are all radioactive.

1 kg. Pu238 was released from a navigational satellite launch accident over the Indian Ocean in 1964. The plutonium dispersed remains detectable in the southern hemisphere.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Presumption of Gas Flow - Unit 2

"Presumption" is the key word!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

Ex-Skf take on the situation:
ex-skf.blogspot.com...

Very interesting...warm and fuzzy feelings...

(Thanks Des and welcome back Ghost!)

- Purple Chive
edit on 25-11-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Presumption of Gas Flow - Unit 2

"Presumption" is the key word!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

By my low understanding of Reactor Technique this must mean
that the Holes inside of the PCV must be very small, ergo
the amount of "escaped Corium must be small either?

Because otherwise this whole Construction can`t work?

edit on 25-11-2011 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey
Thanks Ghost for the explanation. I'm afraid I'm not very technical in this area and the details are handy to know. I have found these lights fascinating. They made me remember something I read about Chernobyl, when the crowds were standing on the bridge and watching the rainbow colours from the exposed core. I think it was from Elena 's site; the chick with the bike. Very cool site with lots to pictures and observations. For those who haven't looked here's the link (apologies for adding again). Going to have a quick read and see if it it there.

Kid of Speed

By the way I am watching via the TEPCO site so the only image manipulations are being done by big T themselves.

Tepco Webcam

Nice to be back to the old view. I wonder what we have missed while the camera was pointing the other way? It is always lit up on that side with stuff going on.

The Kid of Speed link is a fascinating read... From this link, came an interesting statement:

www.angelfire.com...

"Except that authorities have moved some houses with bulldozers to get access to wells. They had to prevent penetration of radioactivity into our water system, so they blocked all wells."

Ummm, hello Japan? Can you hear me? The idea behind history, is to learn and not repeat it.

Are they filling in the various wells in the Fuk-Zone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1128  1129  1130    1132  1133  1134 >>

join