It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1130.htm
<< 1127  1128  1129    1131  1132  1133 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Anchorage, AK....Good Spike....

www.epa.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

That blue flash is in the same area above the R1 windows as this one from PCs Sparky Night. Hmmmm.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

What the heck is going on? Base of Tower in Front of Unit 2

Probably welding...

My first reaction was emergency lights from a car flashing as well as people using flashlights, possibly looking for something. Its interesting though in a couple of respects and I would like to see the regular speed version. But now I cant find the url for where those are stored. Im pretty sure you once posted about a site that was capturing and stock piling all cam versions, including regular time ones. Is that right?

ON EDIT: After seeing the 15 minute version you posted it doesnt look like emergency lights flashing. not sure what though.
edit on 22-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This was just on Radnet. Then it disappeared.

www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
I try to find the ultimate Answer for the Sparks and Colors,
help to articulate your/ our Observations and post your ideas too;
F`Shima Cam, a technical question

Thats an interesting theory that Arbitrageur has posted.

We know the TEPCO site is contaminated with radiation. therefore it's not surprising we see similar artifacts caused by radiation. In fact that cosmic ray artifact looks almost identical to the artifact on the right side of your second image. And we know from that trajectory that the particle was traveling in a direction somewhat parallel to the camera's image sensor. That means the source of the radiation was probably much closer to the camera than the reactor. My guess is the source for that streak was some radioactive contamination on the ground, somewhat underneath the camera but off to the side a bit.

That implies the source being from around the areas under the electrical conduit walkway next to the cam, where the strange blobs and blurs occur. Hmmmmmm. The only thing I dont understand is, why on the bot cams that go inside the reactor buildings and get pinged massively, why do these pings not seem to make streaks since some would have to travel at an angle across multiple pixels as well. A double hmmmmm. Or do they? Ill have to go back and check.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Good job capturing that before it disappeared AC. I wonder what thats all about.

'Hey Charlie, some bozo from Michigan just posted a reading of 112.'
'You've got to be kidding me. There's no way in hell I'm going to authorize that high of a reading.'
'Well.....the problem is....I already did.'
'It's up now!'
'Yep'
'Well get it down.....NOW!'
'What should I put.'
'I don't care....hell, Jack Benny's age.'
'Who's Jack Benny?'
'Sheeesh...get out of the way...Ill do it.'

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
When I first read this ENENEWS headline "Japan TV star suffering acute leukemia after eating Fukushima produce", I was a bit miffed as it represented yellow journalism to me as I didn't believe cancer could initiate and grow this quickly and the headline inferred a direct relationship. But then I remembered that blood cancer was much different than tumor growth. So I looked into acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL), and now Im not so sure it was yellow journalism. If this guy was making a point of eating Fukushima foodstuff, and the possibility exists he may have been living in a Tokyo hotspot, who knows. Can an acute case form in a matter of months. It only takes one bad reaction between one hot particle and DNA strand to initiate a cancerous response like this. Can that happen this quickly. And does science even know, since day one of the accident they have been saying that no one knows the effect of low doses.

From Mayo Clinic

The word "acute" in acute lymphocytic leukemia comes from the fact that the disease progresses rapidly.......People exposed to very high levels of radiation, such as survivors of a nuclear reactor accident, have an increased risk of developing acute lymphocytic leukemia.

From Wiki

Acute refers to the relatively short time course of the disease (being fatal in as little as a few weeks if left untreated)......ALL is associated with exposure to radiation and chemicals in animals and humans. The association of radiation and leukemia in humans has been clearly established in studies of victims of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor and atom bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
From EX_SKF, ex-skf.blogspot.com... they are going to have to retest the rice even though;

The prefecture's survey........was much praised in the media, and Fukushima rice was shipped with great fanfare. Big department stores specially feature Fukushima rice as the year-end gifts.

However,

In the original survey, they tested two 200-gram bags out of 6,400 bags of rice from the district. Some safety and security.

Merry (corporate) Christmas from Tepco.

ON EDIT: And that should read 6,400 (30/kg) bags of rice

Also from EX_SKF;

You couldnt make this stuff up. This is a dispersion map showing that cesium crossed the international date line 4-5 months after the accident. However, they only included the radioactive water from the leaks, and none from the atmospheric dispersion which is blamed for 80% of the amount that has entered the ocean. But according to the Ministry of Education (education?);

The researchers say there would not have been much difference in dispersion if they had assumed the radioactive materials dispersed in the atmosphere had fallen on the ocean.

Say What!?!?!? Those leaks represent a small percentage of the actual total. 5% maybe more. But according to Ministry of Education, including the huge 80% from the atmosphere wouldn't change anything. Am I going crazy or what.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Question....

With all the animals roaming free in the zone....has anyone seen baby calves, dogs, cats etc?

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

With all the animals roaming free in the zone....has anyone seen baby calves, dogs, cats etc?

Calves and Pigs- i really doubt that the Japanese Cows/ Pigs get pregnant in a natural Way,
they are a Marketing Product and need a License/ "or the right Sponsor"!
(The Males are castrated because of that, as well as the Taste and Fat)

Dogs and Cats are mostly spayed but there are some,
i saw them in different Reportages!

But i read in some Books (Pre-Internet) about Chernobyl that "Mother Nature"
always hunt for the most easy going Victims, in this case for Animals
who are without/ mostly without the Flight Instinct,
the majority of Animal Babies would not survive this,
the Ratio would be 80% Death!

Also the Main Reason why we can't see (so many) deformed Animals in Chernobyl!

PS; Since Weeks we can't buy Butter,
this is very strange and "Obscure"

edit on 23-11-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

PS; Since Weeks we can't buy Butter,
this is very strange and "Obscure

Is Fukushima prefecture a main supplier of butter. If not, where does your butter normally come from. To run out of a staple like that does seem odd, without some explanation.

-------------------------------

A follow up to the ocean contamination post above. Today from EXSKF they say that Tepco most likely vastly underestimated the amount that was leaked into the ocean, as they only considered the leak to have occurred from April 1 to 6.

Not only foreign researchers but also Japanese researchers have raised issues with TEPCO's estimate on the amount of radioactive materials that leaked (on its own, or intentionally) into the Pacific Ocean, TEPCO has said it will recalculate the number. The company hopes to announce the result of the recalculation by the end of this month.

So far, TEPCO's number is 4,700 terabequerels (iodine, cesium).

From Chunichi Shinbun (11/23/2011; don't expect the link to last long on this paper):

Researchers in Japan and abroad have been disputing the number that TEPCO had announced regarding the amount of radioactive materials in the highly contaminated water at Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant that leaked into the ocean. The leak was discovered in April. TEPCO's number does not include the amount that leaked in March. If the March number were to be added, it could be the worst marine contamination ever.

If those figures are from leaks and dumping of rad water only, and only in April, then Fukushima is many many many times the worst marine contamination ever if they include atmospheric dispersion and later leaks and dumps.

In May, TEPCO announced that the amount of radioactive materials that leaked from the water intake of Reactor 2 was 4,700 terabecquerels, total of 3 nuclides including iodine and cesium.....

However, in September, researchers at the Japan Atomic Energy Agency and the Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry (a TEPCO insider, in a way) published the results of their calculations in academic society meetings, showing the actual amount of the leak could be 3 times as much as what TEPCO had announced, creating a stir.

Then in October, IRSN of France announced their result of calculation which was 27,000 terabecquerels for cesium-137 alone, 28 times as much as what TEPCO had announced.....

TEPCO's calculation only counts radioactive materials from April 1 to April 6. The French IRSN thinks the leak started around March 21, when an elevated level of radioactive materials was first observed near the water drain, and lasted till the end of July, though they say the bulk of the leak happened before April 8.

It also raises questions about the dispersion map in post above. If we are talking about magnitudes of order greater contamination in the ocean, the levels out in the ocean right now are going to play havoc with life in the next few months. Soon even rock fish from the west coast of the US will be contaminated.Of course, the pollution is less than predicted.........NOT.

This is beginning to get scary for the west coast. At least our environmental watchdog and upholder of the natural order of things, the EPA, is out there monitoring the situation and letting us know whats what....NOT!!!!

edit on 23-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
is the plant okay?

a strong quake

Edit: Yes, she is still there and all looks more or less okay!

But a Mag. 6!
edit on 23-11-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

is the plant okay?

a strong quake

And real close the plant.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yeah, was strong here in Tokyo too, waked us up.

Now the Rubble is lightning up like crazy,
the Crane in Yellow and Nr. 3 in a Greenish type, crazy

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Step by step, inch by inch, slowly but firmly the machine is dismantled.

French police battle anti-nuclear activists www.aljazeera.com...

And

Ballot Initiative to Close Nuclear Plants Gets Go-Ahead for Signature Collection
www.sanclementetimes.com... ance=eye_on_sc

-----------------------------------------------------

yep, it looks like the cam is on its way out. Or just being colorful.

edit on 23-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Very colourful. Was just watching it. Those flashes to the left (they have stopped for the moment - oh no still there but higher up) - I first thought they might be sparks from welding, but they could be some grasses or a spiderweb moving and catching the light. They have a limited area of movement and go up and down whereas sparks would fall to the ground and be unevenly distributed.

The long light/colours could be sunlight reflecting on scratches on the camera. They seem to be something to do with the sunlight as they are moving with the sun. The sparky ones are higher up and there are more white than yellow now.

Actually the sparks have the same shape as the green/orange/purple streaks we have been seeing at night.
edit on 23/11/2011 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Question....

- Purple Chive

I would hope they would put up a big fence around the contaminated zone.
To keep animals out,and those unlucky enough to be in there,to keep them in.
Like the great wall of Fuku,ya know.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I just want to take a moment and say thank you to all you members of the ATS Fukushima Forensics and Applied Technology Research Team (ATS FF&..........nevermind, its too long).

I dont celebrate Thanksgiving Day per se since it represents the eventual destruction of all indigenous tribes in the America's.

But I do celebrate the giving of thanks. And whenever it pops up which happens to be now.

Bless you all for staying strong.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I don't know why NHK world (english) is off air for days now on west coast. Comcast channel 174.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Emergency condenser at Fukushima plant may not have fully run after tsunami 23Nov11

When employees examined the plant on Oct. 18, the levels of coolant in the two systems in the plant's No. 1 reactor were at 65 percent and 85 percent. The coolant evaporates in the process of heat exchange.

Noting that water has not been supplied to either of the systems since the disasters on March 11, TEPCO officials said they suspect that the IC in the No. 1 reactor functioned only at a limited level or over a short period.

As to the cause of the suspected malfunctioning, TEPCO suggested that hydrogen generated by damaged nuclear fuel may have gathered in the piping, causing the IC's heat removal efficiency to decline. During the inspection on Oct. 18, the workers found no damage to the IC in the No. 1 reactor.

----------------------------------
I thought you would like to read an absolute 'peachy' article by Space about the risk of Plutonium radiation if the launch of the new Mars Rover Curiosity went wrong. Any Plutonium dioxide released would just be part of the other radiation in the atmosphere and pass through our bodies quickly since it is not soluble in water. Nothing said about the radiation our organs would be getting on the way through.

Would a Mars Science Laboratory Launch Accident Pose a Radiation Risk?

Unlike previous Mars mission launches, an accident during NASA’s upcoming liftoff poses an additional risk: the spread of radioactive plutonium, which is used to power the new rover, Curiosity. Some people are concerned that an explosion during launch, and the possible release of plutonium, would harm them. But should they really be worried?

Probably not — a launch accident poses little radiation danger to people, according to NASA.

edit on 24 Nov 2011 by qmantoo because: Curiosity

top topics

<< 1127  1128  1129    1131  1132  1133 >>

join