It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1127.htm
<< 1124  1125  1126    1128  1129  1130 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
We have Cesium in the Pacific, 600 miles [1,000 Km's] from fuk, and 15,000 ft down [5000 m].
fukushima-diary.com...
And a lively town meeting on evacuation Vs Decomtamination. Hit CC for English sub-tiles.

www.youtube.com...

I watched the Brunswick vid a few times. I'm speechless. What do you guys and gals think?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

This is disturbing...

fukushima-diary.com...

Human...you seeing anything out of the ordinary with Mother Nature?

AC - what Brunswick vid are you referring too? Portablog? If so...yes very disconcerting. The freaking unit just came online this summer and already screwed up. Anyone at the helm?

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

This is disturbing...

fukushima-diary.com...

And according to Mochizuki, the weather has been normal, so that doesnt explain this. If there had been significant change in weather patterns, this could be explained by late bloom. But there hasnt been.

Ive also noticed that in the cryptome recent pics you posted, the pine trees are dieing off now too.

And over at the PF forum idiots are still trying to defend nuke power and hope to see things return to normal for them. Of course, if a nuke engineer loses their job because the plug is pulled they probably arent good at anything else except serving burgers at McDonalds, so I can see why they are worried.

The PF forum is a joke. I wish tsutsuji would join this forum. His data would go alot further.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

If I'm not mistaken,I think it was a test at the Brunswick NPP that they used to determine the cause of the explosions at Fukushima.

The answer to this question is critical to prevent hydrogen explosions at the other reactors at Fukushima. David Lochbaum, the director of the Union of Concerned Scientists’ Nuclear Safety Project, has a possible explanation based on the results of a test in the 1970s at the Brunswick nuclear power plant in North Carolina, which had a containment system that was similar to the ones at the Fukushima plant. That test at Brunswick showed that if the pressure in the primary containment increases about 12 percent above its design pressure (up to 70 pounds per square inch (psi)), it can loosen seals and allow gas to flow from the containment into the reactor building. Since this test was used to check the structure of a new containment structure and was not repeated, very few people, either inside or outside the nuclear industry, knew about it. Moreover, since the high-pressure leak was incidental to the purpose of the test and was not relevant to the reactor under operating conditions, it did not raise any concerns at the time.

They were doing tests on the plant to see how it would hold up.
Nice.

www.ucsusa.org...

edit on 20-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

I think potrblog is doing a little fear mongering and misinformation there.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yes Purple. It was the potrblog video that gave me a jolt. For our next jolt they are evacuating fuk right now. The workers are bugging-out. I think those 4 smaller quakes might have shook up #4.
www.youtube.com...

I apologize. I'm not sure if this is new news or if our friend here has just jolted me a second time for kicks. This could be an old broadcast that this guy just put up today. I see no date on the news itself. Again, Apologies gang.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Aircooled because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

This is disturbing...

fukushima-diary.com...

Human...you seeing anything out of the ordinary with Mother Nature?

This is so typical for that Blog,
it is not the seasonal Cycle of the Plants because they are just reacting,
we have now a very smooth and calm Autumn here, at the moment my Windows are open
and the Sun shines, the Futons are out and i am in T-Shirt because i like it cold!
(ca. 20celsius)

It is not the Plant it is the Weather Pattern,
when it cool down soon all the Blossoms will vanish for sure

When it is cool and real Winter and we still see Blossoms than we can say:
"Hmmm, Ohhh, maybe it is broken?"

Don't trust that Blog and do not donate Money to him,
i send (past sense) him a few Letters and promised him to sponsor his Blog,
his Journey, his whole Exile
when he show me Evidence that the Government try to kick him out,
until now he did not answer

Of course there is no plight to answer me but i think this is not kosher,
here in Japan other People do much more,like blogging in Japanese or
the real stuff like sitting in front of the Ministry
and fight with the Right Wingers
and they continue and do not run away because of Diarrhea and fear

edit on 20-11-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Nope, don't think so. That guy is pretty level and has some knowledge. His vids always are informed, solid and bang on. He uses the UCS article to point out it is a blueprint for sabotage of Brunswick for anyone wanting to recreate Fukushima on US soil (watch the video). If he is right and this is sabotage it is hardcore bad. It does at least call for an investigation before NRC can smudge it up.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Wertwog because: anybody got a antacid?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
www.plosone.org...:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0027761

From the study "Individual radiation exposure dose due to support activities at safe shelters in Fukushima Prefecture".

During the move from Hirosaki City to Fukushima City, the absorbed dose rate in air on the pavement was measured and recorded at seven parking areas, the midtown of Fukushima City, and the place of the support activities.

The activity area was located 20 km outside the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power station in Fukushima and Miyagi Prefecture.

From this it is almost impossible to say where the tests were performed, or what exposure those tested might have endured. The first paragraph led me to believe that they were all in Fukushima City. But now after further reading it just confuses things. I would hope that the actual study would list each site in Fukushima and Miyagi prefecture they tested. If not this isnt a valid study. Just being in a safe shelter outside the 20km zone doesnt tell us anything at all.

How someone came up with the title "The fallout from the radiation leak at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactor in Japan may be less severe than predicted" is beyond me. Who made the initial prediction and what was it. Its nice to think that people werent exposed to high levels, but unless the people came from the area north west of the plant that got hit with the plume, it isnt valid.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

This is disturbing...

fukushima-diary.com...

And according to Mochizuki, the weather has been normal, so that doesnt explain this. If there had been significant change in weather patterns, this could be explained by late bloom. But there hasnt been.

Ive also noticed that in the cryptome recent pics you posted, the pine trees are dieing off now too.

And over at the PF forum idiots are still trying to defend nuke power and hope to see things return to normal for them. Of course, if a nuke engineer loses their job because the plug is pulled they probably arent good at anything else except serving burgers at McDonalds, so I can see why they are worried.

The PF forum is a joke. I wish tsutsuji would join this forum. His data would go alot further.

Yes, the pine trees will die off first like Chernobyl. The mutations rates are rather alarming.

I gave up on PF a while back for the exact reasons you state. You have to take everything with a grain of salt they say since their livelihoods depend on nuke surviving. And remember, these guys have been the wizards at the control levers, having the ear of the king and council, let alone the military, for so long they don't like having their special status jeopardized. Being found out that they are the dumbest smart guys in the room isn't sitting very well with them -- they kinda like being at the pinnacle. Predictably ego kicks in and a rabid and irrational defense is vehemently clung to.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Wertwog because: a monkey ate my homework

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

My first thought concerning the flowers was 'late bloom'. But the tree damage is more indicative of what they saw at Chernobyl.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

I don't know about this one.
I researched every link in his claim.
The current emergency at Brunswick,is,well a water leak .

UNANALYZED CONDITION ON STARTUP FOLLOWING MAINTENANCE OUTAGE”On November 17, 2011, at 1345 Eastern Standard Time (EST), it was determined that an unanalyzed condition that significantly degraded plant safety existed on Unit 2 following a mid-cycle maintenance outage which required reactor vessel disassembly. Unit 2 had reached Mode 2 (i.e., Startup) during the power ascension, when elevated drywell leakage was identified and the plant was shutdown (see EN#47444). Unit 2 was subsequently operating in Mode 4 (i.e., Cold Shutdown) to allow for drywell entry. During leak investigation activities, it was determined that the reactor pressure vessel (RPV) head was not fully tensioned. This condition is being reported in accordance with 10 CFR 50.72(b)(3)(ii)(B) as a condition of the nuclear power plant being in an unanalyzed condition that significantly degrades plant safety.”The safety significance of this event was minimal. Unit 2 was in power ascension operating at a maximum of approximately 7% of rated thermal power. Control Room Operators took appropriate action to shutdown the Unit when elevated drywell leakage was identified.”The NRC Senior Resident Inspector has been notified.”

enformable.com...

Just listing ptrblogs sources thats all.

The complaint lists several security incidents and concerns, including that security guards at the plant have been forced to work with broken bones, forced to cheat on recertification tests, and permitted to watch television or sleep while on duty. The complaint also states that an unknown gunman shot at a guard on patrol near Harris Lake and that someone sabotaged a rail line outside Progress Energy's Brunswick Nuclear Plant. N.C. WARN says it has submitted its complaint to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, FBI and the N.C. Attorney General. The state Department of Labor helped three of the four dismissed security guards reclaim their jobs, N.C. WARN says. Source: Raleigh News & Observer

findarticles.com...

pissinontheroses.blogspot.com...

But,I could be totally wrong.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

For once I'd just like someone to agree with me and not fight me on every dam thing I say, sigh. Honestly, if I said the sky was blue one of you monkeys would tell me it wasn't. Ok. Look. It's not the size of the leak. It's the fact that it happened. Somebody basically turned on the pressure cooker without the lid on. This shiate is NOT SUPPOSED to, as in almost certainly CANT happen in a nuke plant because there are procedures upon procedures upon backup procedures to ensure it DOESN'T. So when it does you have some SERIOUS incompetence or sabotage. that is what is so alarming and big bad nasty about this K? (sorry, cranky, must take dog out - she's biting at my ankles)...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think it wasn't sabotage,I think it was inept workers and poorly constructed facility,which is way more disturbing.

I'm sorry,I was just pointing it out.
Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Q has found a bunch of interesting stuff that we'll post as soon as they are downloaded for protection. One of the more recent ones is a news conference with some interesting photos (and already downloaded Tepco so dont remove it). At the beginning is this guy weve seen so many times. Remember the recent post about the splotchs on a guys face. Well, this guy has the same. Is this radiation effect. Or just nerves and stress. Or both.

Some of these guys are beginning to look like the walking dead.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

This is so typical for that Blog,
it is not the seasonal Cycle of the Plants because they are just reacting,
we have now a very smooth and calm Autumn here, at the moment my Windows are open
and the Sun shines, the Futons are out and i am in T-Shirt because i like it cold!
(ca. 20celsius)

It is not the Plant it is the Weather Pattern,
when it cool down soon all the Blossoms will vanish for sure

I gave up on that blog a long time ago, to the point where I'm reluctant to even give him a click, so...

Has he started posting pictures of akamatsu (red pine trees) turning colour? I remember back when the annual pollen deposit pictures started spreading thinking: ATS is going to freak out in the autumn when they see all the pine trees turning yellow...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Hehe, all good, feathers are perfectly groomed now that the dog has quit pestering me. Call it a 'biachy moment'. Yes, nothing is confirmed atm. Sabotoge or incompetence, but an investigation is definitely needed although in the usual vein I doubt us lowly taxpayers will ever find out and I'll be surprised if we ever get the true numbers on the size of the release.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Wertwog because: dog, not god

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Won't it stun you rigid if us Gaijin turn out to be right? Oh wait, it seems folks on this thread were right about high levels of radiation hitting Toyko months ago and only lately being confirmed. Back then most of the ATS folks living there were saying "you guys don't know anything, we're living here so we should know". I guess if educated folks from Japan were telling me to leave Vancouver I'd get a good Geiger counter (alpha/beta/gamma) and keep my bags packed. First high reading I'm gone. That's just me though.

There is absolutely one thing that is clear. There are certain hot spots in Toyko with high levels of radiation similar to Chernobyl or higher. Do you think Japan will be immune from it's effects? Are Japanese plants and animals any more radiologically immune than Russia's? No. Plants, animals and humans will suffer the exact same effects as the Ukraine and Europe did, if not worse, because the accident is far larger, and the response far less adequate than the Russian government. Which wasn't stellar either, only better by comparison. I am talking now about the refusal by Japan to distribute iodide pills and evacuate highly contaminated areas, redistribute waste by burning it, making folks 'decontaminate' their own homes and parks (meaning just move the radiation around), plus the continuous obfuscation of the facts folks needed to know to make informed decisions in the crucial first 72 hours. The Russians at least performed the minimal tasks in a soviet era that was far more autocratic than Japan, being a 'highly evolved society' it supposedly is. The radiological effects are widely known.

There is no question radiation WILL impact the evergreen trees and other plant life. To think otherwise is to put on happy glasses and have another game of DDR. They can go ahead, make more justifications for continuing to stay or ignore warnings and data. I have no doubt folks we warned to leave but decided to stay anyways will regret the decision when they have a nice malignant tumor in their lung which they will then blame on something else because they certainly won't want to blame themselves or their bad decision.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Wertwog because: the angles are hard

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Hang on, aren't you the guy who steadfastly refused to believe that there was a M9 quake until someone other than you could take a few minutes to do a google image search proving otherwise?

Yeah, that was you, wasn't it?

You - like a lot of others in this thread - have demonstrated a profound capacity for rejecting facts when they suit your pet theories.

Facts do not change based on what you personally feel to be true. Today's fact: Red pine turn yellow and occasionally will even lose their needles entirely in winter.

Secondary fact: strictly speaking, someone living in their own country is not a gaijin. So as a Canadian in Canada, you'd be Canada-jin. As a Canadian in Japan, I'm the gaikokujin.

Feel free to google either of those.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Oh! Dangit, I guess you got me *wounded to the core*. Another "fan". Would it surprise you to know you are wrong on every count but one? OH how you say?

1. I still don't think we had an M9. Read back through the thread you say you read to find out why, and I am more than happy to be proven wrong. How about you? I must have missed your contribution to that discussion.
2. Did what I said have anything to do with seasonal changes? Did I mention it at all? Was I talking about permanent irreversible damage like Chernobyl, yes. Will we see it in Japan, yes. Are we seeing it now? Maybe. We can disagree on that point if you wish, but what I didn't say was that we were.
3. I'm not a guy
and if you were so well versed in my posts you'd know that already
I guess you are wrong. Now you can just accept that graciously or try to fight me over it. I warn you I have pretty strong thumbs for a girl (hehe, this is fun).

You are correct that you could not technically refer to me as a gaijin since I am not in your country physically, it does not prevent you from thinking it or doing it anyway. Just as I could think of all people living outside of my country as 'foreigners' and call them that, but does that have anything to do with my point? No. What was the point? That I would listen to their perspective and perhaps even follow their advice, but that is just me. Maybe you would to.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Wertwog because: a monkey ate my homework

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442 Today's fact: Red pine turn yellow and occasionally will even lose their needles entirely in winter.

Vox, are these red pines. These are the trees I was referring to. Very sickly looking. But if this is normal thats good to know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1124  1125  1126    1128  1129  1130 >>

join