It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1124.htm
<< 1121  1122  1123    1125  1126  1127 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

BOOOOOM! Arnie's latest by MsMilky, haha. Kinda fun.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
When was that? I mean the pre-report released from The University of Hawaii 'cruise' to measure the radiation off Japan. It seemed to think there was indeed cause for concern. However, we have not heard much about it. The link to an article was posted here some time ago. I will try and find it.

Basically, this new scientists findings are the Japanese authorities attempt at keeping the damage level managable.

If I was in Japan, I would probably give what info I had to some guy in the west and let them release it in a very round about way. Maybe quoting an article from a page that "did not exist any more". Newspapers online often take down articles and replace them with others.

I would send it from an internet cafe or a public library without webcams in it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

I dont remember any pics of control room 3 and 4 from early days. I would suspect that it isnt much different than 3 and 4s. If anyone has pics of the other control room Id love to know where they are.

Z -

Unit 4:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Unit 3:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Unit 2:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Unit 1:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Wonder why the ceiling tiles didn't come out of Unit 3 and Unit 4?

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
good work thread I have read every page since march and you have my thanks, keep up the good work.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Radiation-tainted sludge, ash continues to pile up at Yokohama treatment centers

Two facilities in the city now hold over 5,500 metric tons of ash, and that figure continues to rise. The city is under pressure to find storage space and explain to residents how the ash will be buried, but no immediate solution to the problem is in sight.

At the beginning of this month, I visited the southern sludge treatment and recycling center in Yokohama's Kanazawa Ward, where some 4,000 tons of ash -- over 70 percent of the city's total -- is stored.

"If the amount overflows here, then sewage treatment facilities will come to a halt, and so will (the city's) water system lifelines. This is originally drainage water from homes. I want people to consider this an issue close to home," he said. In May, the amount of radioactive cesium detected in ash at the southern treatment center exceeded 5,000 becquerels per kilogram, but by the end of October the level was below 2,000 becquerels per kilogram.

Cement businesses are expected to consider receiving shipments again if the level falls below 300 becquerels per kilogram, but this will take time. "We're caught between cement users and local bodies," one cement business that accepts sludge said. "I want officials to explain to users that the products are safe and start accepting ash." (By Mio Sugino, Mainichi Shimbun)
mdn.mainichi.jp...

One big question is in my Mind since a long time:

How much Sewage "Fluids" is needed to to produce 1Kilogram of Sludge?
Is there a common Formula?
edit on 17-11-2011 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
One big question is in my Mind since a long time:

How much Sewage "Fluids" is needed to to produce 1Kilogram of Sludge?
Is there a common Formula?

No, it depends on the sediment content of the inflow.

Human, concerning the local media, it sounds like they are making a serious attempt to move on past Fukushima. Thats not wise. Most likely the bidding of the national govt.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

TEPCO "Corrections" on Unit 2 Gas Samplings...Kr-85 etc.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Here's the original release:
www.tepco.co.jp...

OK (Z) et. all - these numbers mess me up...
Are TEPCO's "Corrections" better or worse?

Always very appreciative of all you folks!!

- Purple Chive

edit on 17-11-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
With all this hydrogen floating about and getting everywhere, I was wondering if there was some kind of heavy water "reactor" somewhere which went out of control.

Q, the symbol for heavy water is 2H2O, and according to wiki it would produce less hydrogen as its more stable. At least I think thats what it says. It gets confusing. But there is still a possibility of its use in the UC as wiki also says;

Because they do not require uranium enrichment, heavy water reactors are of concern in regards to nuclear proliferation. The breeding and extraction of plutonium can be a relatively rapid and cheap route to building a nuclear weapon, as chemical separation of plutonium from fuel is easier than isotopic separation of U-235 from natural uranium.

It may also be used to produce tritium which is used in bombs as a boost and to produce fussion alongside the fission reaction. Which is something I came across when researching tritium and really interested me cause it could explain the weird series of the R3 blast. If both enriched plutonium and tritium were being manufactured underground, and a compression explosion occurred, it would explain the inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale pattern of the blast. I think. This is all new territory though.However, I think they could probably get all the plutonium and tritium the need just from the spent fuel of the above ground reactors. Enriching and assembling underground.

ON EDIT: which reminds me Q, Ive been meaning to ask, when going through the early stages of the disaster via this thread, did you ever come across anything relating to steam coming from R1. Ive been wondering a long time why R1 never seemed to contribute much steam in relation to R2-R4.
edit on 17-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

I have never seen that May 7th film before, complete. It doesn't seem to let me download it on RP. Oh well, I took a bunch of screen caps. Not sure if this has been on the thread. A Sept PDF with charts of what officials knew March 12th [In Japanese]

nsed.jaea.go.jp...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Unit 1 "steam" event...

Remember this...

And Z this maybe the March 17th fly over that was not supposed to be released:
www.liveleak.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Oops, this was supposed to go elsewhere...

Apologies

edit on 17-11-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: oops

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
For those who have followed the discussion of the UC from the beginning, you'll remember that one of the main reasons, if not the main reason, that pushed the theory of the UC into the fore front of me brain was the fact that all known data showed a power line from Tohoku (66kV) coming into the plant hot with no interruption of power other than a blown something at the switching yard. In the same report as the one listed below, they state that the Tohoku line was hot into the plant day of the EQ. Then came a barage of disinformation and I tried to buy into theories about this line actually being another line from Tohoku, that was indeed damaged. But I kept running into a different reality, that it was the original construction power line, that it was still up and running the day of the EQ and that it was subsequently ignored. And this flew so far outside logical thought that I had to find another explanation.

66kV could have run all needed emergency cooling and venting apparatus for all 6 reactors and sfps. There didn't need to be any meltdowns. This is a criminal action. In order to keep the UC functioning and unknown they sacrificed the planet. (And yes I know, its all speculation at this point. Its just that.....well....you know what I mean).

From the "Report of Japanese Government to the IAEA Ministerial Conference on Nuclear Safety. The Accident at TEPCO’s Fukushima Nuclear Power Stations - June 2011", they clearly show that the original Tohoku power line did indeed come into the plant and was stopped at that point, listed as a "Reserved Construction Transformer". You know, like, they cant use that line cause its reserved. Reserved for what Tepco you fuggin azzholes. I can see the discussion now.

"We are going to have multiple meltdowns everywhere if we dont use that power line!!"
"I'm sorry, but I told you, ITS RESERVED"

This is the official document folks. the binding finding as we say. Its the only document that states the situation as it was, because this is the one that the courts would scrutinize. If nothing else they need to be able to say that they presented the data, they showed the situation as it was. then their necks are clear. In all the other docs they can misrepresent, confuse, hide the truth, and its not a concern. Unless one can prove a pattern and practice of obfuscation, Tepco will say it was a clerks error here, a misprint there. But in this doc, this thing is taken word for word in its authority to state the facts. You cant lie here.
pg 105

I feel vindicated. In a way. This was buried deep in the report and I originally missed it. Reminds me of that old saying "you can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you aint never foolin zworld bout nothin so forget it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is I think from the vid I posted earlier #21 in the series, May 7th, R4 sfp southeast corner that has never been seen before. I didnt see this myself. this is from another forum. One of the problems I have with these vids is that they arent vid files but htmls and dont have controls or sliders. All Ive been able to figure is watch and time as you go. Miss alot of stuff that way. Does anyone know how to view these vids in a normal vid frame with controls.

Anyway, thats a lonely fuel rod there. Ive been looking for that one.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
reply to post by zworld

I have never seen that May 7th film before, complete. It doesn't seem to let me download it on RP. Oh well, I took a bunch of screen caps. Not sure if this has been on the thread. A Sept PDF with charts of what officials knew March 12th [In Japanese]

nsed.jaea.go.jp...

This was posted in a couple places around the net, the speedi results, and caused a bit of a stir but it didnt last long. I never checked it out as there wasnt an english version at the time and I waited. Thank you for posting it again. Its revealing. But they still havent released an english version. Cant find one anyway. Im sure its out there somewhere. If anyone knows.

In looking for the english version just now I found this. They did a press release for this program in 2009. Too bad they didnt think it was important enough to release data and put to use when they like, you know.....actually had a nuclear accident. Strange.

Computer-based system WSPEEDI-II is developed for predicting atmospheric dispersion of radionuclides discharged by nuclear accident in the world. - Prepare for the increase of nuclear power plants in the world (February 5, 2009)

Also, excellent plume and rain simulation jpegs from the 3.15 wind reversal. It gives an idea of how fickle plume reality can be. The area with the lowest readings at the time is right next to the area with the highest.
3.14/3.17 plume and rain speedi
www.jaea.go.jp...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

And Z this maybe the March 17th fly over that was not supposed to be released:
www.liveleak.com...

- Purple Chive

Good one PC. that's one of them anyway. There's supposed to be three in the set. They were supposedly released then pulled back later. So theres got to be remnants out there. We hope anyway.

ON EDIT: After seeing more of it I dont think this is one of them. Or if it is, then these have been on the web, all three, for sometime, as my links still work for them. Im going to check the length of the missing one and see if it matches.

Heres one interesting frame from this one. What is the rust colored stuff coming out of the end of the R3 gas treatment system line that is now broken at the stack after the blast. (Which is an important thing to remember for a later post coming soon).

And I am still so very interested in what the blob coming out of 4 is. It really adds a strange twist to the mystery of R4s blast as the blast doesnt appear to have generated alot of heat. This stuff would seem to have a low melting point if that is true. Its definately not fuel as its on the wrong side, wrong floor and nothing in 4 melted.

And concerning the steam in R1, I do remember that. And if memory serves it was hot, over 1 Sv/hr, yes? But Ive never seen a shot of steam emitting from the building from the reactor or sfp. R1 was supposed to be the older and less safe reactor. But in retrospect something has kept that one from doing what 2-4 did. I dont get it.

More shots. First is north side of R3 with another pipe showing rust colored stuff coming out (?) upper left. And a better view of the first rust colored frame. Is this the same stuff that was coming out of R1/2s GTS. Hmmmmmm?

--------------------------------

On another note, wrong again I am. but Im not the only one, so Ill use this guys excuse from another forum as well.

As for unit 4 reactor well, I made a stupid mistake having watched too many videos in one sitting. I knew it didn't look like the reactor well should, but I thought maybe it was something that had been temporarily placed in the region during the reactor shroud work. In fact it was the cask area of the fuel pool that you mention, my mistake.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Z, does seem dam unlikely they would keep a hot trunk dedicated to ... (secret) projectX... when you've got potentially 3 + meltdowns on your doorstep you can avoid. How likely would it be somebody just forgot that they had a power source that could solve all their problems. Yep. Ok. Seeing this I'm taking a sip of your koolaid.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Nuclear News Now
realitycheck.no-ip.info...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

which reminds me Q, Ive been meaning to ask, when going through the early stages of the disaster via this thread, did you ever come across anything relating to steam coming from R1. Ive been wondering a long time why R1 never seemed to contribute much steam in relation to R2-R4.
I have only read this thread once, all the rest is processing I am afraid. :-) In the early digital globe images there was steam coming from R1 I think. Maybe also in the old, old south end webcam there may be stuff in the distance.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Strontium, Co-58, H-3 and other lovelies...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

I remember that they had a "Energysource" in the first days after
but they could not use it because of a missing "Socket"!

top topics

<< 1121  1122  1123    1125  1126  1127 >>

join