It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1120.htm
<< 1117  1118  1119    1121  1122  1123 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

Can you see that Greenish Mint colored "S.o.m.e.t.h.i.n.g."???

Reactor 3. and 4. Emergency Valve!
(18.20 JST./ 06.20pm.)

Human - is this what you are referring to?

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

In any other disaster, the whole place would be flooded by charities trying to bring aid and relief to the affected areas, but it seems that this is not the case in Japan. I, for one, wonder why?

What would be different when a Nuclear Plant in the US explode?

Do you really think that the whole World flooded there to help?
I really doubt this, the US is to sovereign, the same like in Japan!

Of course there are many strange things going on and the politics of Information
is even more bad than than in Soviet Russia, on the other side we do not get and read
all Infos, in F`Shima they have Engineers from France, the US and Germany,
i do not know about British People!

Afaik there are already more than 800.000 Studies, Articles and Press Releases
since the 03/11, i read only a few (ca.12-15 a day are 2.500/ 0,3% of all)
How many do you read?

But why not focus on the new Timeline from yester- today,
i am sure we will find new facts inside-
no problem this is from a Nuclear Friendly Agency!

Ganbatte, let`s focus

reply to post by Purplechive

Yip, after that Mint/ Green Blue Color it changed into a Golden-Orange Color,
now at 8.52pm it is normal!
edit on 12-11-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2011 by Human0815 because: spell

edit on 12-11-2011 by Human0815 because: calculation was wrong

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

List of Motion Pictures

What the hell is this about?

"confirmed at this time not to be published"

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Some new photos of the plant, NOT inside however...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Hi Human thanks for hanging in here...I just asked my friend Chief Seismologist at Cal Tech same related question as I didn't know about the other scale & just saw Northridge Quake CA was a when ALL this time I thought it was a 7.2 LOL! I lived away from the epis center in Sherman Oaks, however we had alot of damage on my block & it made the cover of the major magazines, no water or power for 2 wks, all the windows blew out, garage fell & I lost my truck....it was Jan so we used the swimming pool for our fridge with coolers of food on the steps, & luckily I had a charcoal grill. We lived in an apt but everyone evacuated except the 7 of us that were good friends (like "Melrose Place"). We had to sleep outside for about 5 days, the store was on fire right behind us so no water or supplies available there...so at 4:17am when it hit it was not a "rolling type of quake" it was shaking & a pounding like I cannot explain, ALL alarms from cars, stores on Ventura Blvd going off at the same time, thought for sure I was going to die. The sky was orange from the fire of course we didn't know that because it was also pitch black & not safe to walk around due to downed wires & etc. We were the 1st floor & a tons of water started pouring out of all the ceiling lights & ceiling fans. I was trying to grab all my music books & hand written stuff & throwing them in the closet between the towels. It's weird how some things ended up, like a can of hair spray & 3 or 4 other items sitting on the back of the toilet landed up right inside the tank. I would have thought with the lid flying off across the room that those would have gone every where, but they were perfectly standing upright in the tank....dresser upside down w/ drawers still in...drums on one side of the room & cymbals on stands on the other....we had to take the bed apart & use it to board up the windows. one apt building shifted over at least 8ft & dropped on the parking garage & all you could see were lic. plates & on the other side "the stairway to heaven" as they stood all alone....there was much more damage & unfortunately some one on our block died...we were displaced for ~ 2 months sleeping on the floor of some one else's apt. but we never left...so you can see how different pockets of areas can get hit hard where others don't. I think it was the 118 Freeway that fell. Was weird how the block looked like a combat zone & by day 3 of course looting began & the blocks around us carried on as nothing had really happened. No one bothered us one in our group was a Body Guard to the Stars & his policeman friend would stay with us at night until we finally got power....no need to go on & on just wanted to let you know that I had also just learned about Magnitude & power differences....it's a bit confusing to me. I feel for you & the rest of the gang as my experience is NOTHING compared to what you are living through, sending Peace, Light, & Love!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

List of Motion Pictures

What the hell is this about?

"confirmed at this time not to be published"

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Sure would like to know. Im especially interested in this one "Mar 17, 2011 Airborne Imagery"

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here is the folder for all the new (old) movies they just released. Massive stack of vids. From March 17th on.
www.tepco.co.jp...

ON EDIT: Well, the one I really wanted, the March 17th overflight vid isnt among those they released. Figures.

The March 24 SFP R4 vid has a trippy ending.
edit on 12-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

If, as you say, under the plants the EQ was a 7.2 - 7.6 than the plants did fail design basis (design basis was 7.75). I would like to see the data from where you get this reading however to say that for certain. Right now it seems pretty darn likely that we had a much smaller event at Fuku and the plant flat-out failed.

World Nuclear Association design basis for Fukushima

After the magnitude 7.2 Kobe earthquake in 1995 the safety of nuclear facilities in Japan was reviewed along with the design guidelines for their construction. The Japanese Nuclear Safety Commission (NSC) then approved new standards. Building and road construction standards were also thoroughly reviewed at this time. After recalculating the seismic design criteria required for a nuclear power plant to survive near the epicentre of a large earthquake the NSC concluded that under current guidelines such a plant could survive a quake of magnitude 7.75. The Kobe earthquake was 7.2.

Originally posted by qmantoo

In any other disaster, the whole place would be flooded by charities trying to bring aid and relief to the affected areas, but it seems that this is not the case in Japan. I, for one, wonder why?

What would be different when a Nuclear Plant in the US explode?

Do you really think that the whole World flooded there to help?
I really doubt this, the US is to sovereign, the same like in Japan!

[../snip]

As far as I know the billions of dollars that was raised by the Red Cross by average Americans and Canadians donating their cash has STILL not been distributed to victims and the Japanese Gov is still sitting on it. Back in this thread there were many posts about how in the first days and weeks aid was offered by thousands of charities world-wide it it was almost all FLATLY REFUSED or else charities had to leave due to the radiation threat. Let's not start crying in our tea because when help was offered your gov refused it, or charities lacked the radiation gear to safely work in those zones!

As far as I know thousands of charities stand ready to help at the drop of a hat even still, should Japan but ask or allow them in to do their work in the effected zones. I think it's morally reprehensible, but I don't think I should go too far down this road with you however, I might become a bit testy....

Article

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
Some earthquake damage photos here

Another photo of earthquake damage to a road

An article about the electronic industry, but thereis a photo of a collapsed structure

Article about Tokyo Disney and why it had minimal damage

A few more images of earthquake damage

Article @ news.com.au about tne quake. Scroll through the comments for photos. Lots of tsunami, but there are earthquake only images as well.

Technical information about the quake

DING DING DING!!!! Thank you J&C! Whew I was seriously wondering if any photographic evidence existed. You did manage to post two images of the types of building damage I was looking for. These are actual earthquake damage in the range you would expect - not tsunami or EQ combined with tsunami:

Stadium collapse
Building pancake

This one is the kobe Quake, not the March 11 quake, but yes that is a good example of very devastating types of EQ damage seen them before however.
Blogspot

It amazes me that EQ damage that isn't combined with Tsunami damage is so difficult to find since the wave really only did reach 6 miles inland. However, with this evidence I think we can accept that in certain places the EQ was quite intense and could have approached stated magnitudes.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Wertwog because: aliens are people too!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Okay, spent several hours looking/mulling over the pics that PC posted concerning unit 4's explosion from TEPCO.

The Hydrogen appears to have exploded between floors 3/4 and 5. This is extremely evident due to the damage to the floors, plus the blast patterns on the walls and roof. I'm actually shocked that the hydrogen stayed in an explosive density between 3 and 4, with the stairwells.

This means that the accumulation happened very quickly. Like as in minutes. Almost like a fire hose of Hydrogen was pointed directly into floor 3, and it traveled up the stairways to 4, then reached critical density and exploded. This was NOT some slow accumulation of gas, this was a release of some kind.

Had it been slow, all of it would have traveled up to 5, accumulated, then blew the F'ing roof off, damaging floor 5, and cratering the floors below.

The fact that floor 5 was blown UP, tells you the blast came from below.

So questions people.... I'm trying to find the data on where the common ducts entered Unit 4 from Unit 3. Hydrogen, is the lightest element, so it will head UP and accumulate.

I'm absolutely NOT buying the Hydrogen from 3 theory.

Something else generated this gas, FAST, and it started on floor 3.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have saved many pages as they're far above my head & hopefully will have a chance at some point in time to read through them slowly & put pieces together...everything flies by so fast & we have so many educated people contributing not just valuable information but an extreme amount of time & I want to continue to let you know how greatly you are appreciated & especially for putting up with people like me who have no clue, especially when I ask questions, as all of you have been very patient & tolerant with me.

So now looking through the last few pages & seeing all kinds of crazy sh*&$...like how high the particles were blown through extreme high atmospheres (sorry some I never knew existed) & holes in I think some magnetic sphere (where space craft ? passed through)....please correct me if I'm wrong as all this info on this thread is all new to me & extremely educational. Does this mean on 17th Nov - 18th Nov we might see an abundance of colored meteors since it's the Leonid Peak? Just trying to lighten things up a bit !

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
I'm absolutely NOT buying the Hydrogen from 3 theory.

Something else generated this gas, FAST, and it started on floor 3.

The gas didnt come from R3. Its basically impossible. The gas treatment line (GTL) that the hydrogen migrated down from R3, goes past the stack which was functioning and back up the small diameter gas treatment line into R4. This line is filtered through charcoal filters on both sides R3 and R4. Physics dictates that any hydrogen would have vented up the stack after coming out of R3 as the system is designed to do, and not back draft and in reverse go through another filtration system into an environment that should be fairly airtight and therefore not receiving input from the outside.

And here comes the real clincher. The GTL was destroyed in the R3 blast, so the hydrogen would have sat in R4 over 15 hours until it blew, without diffusing, or going out the GTL which was now just a vent line to the outside environment. And it would have accumulated throughout the RB, as damage to the first floor shows. So whether it was a slow build-up, or one big burst, it didn't come from R3, or the SFP. IMHO of course.

And Im sure everyone knows where I personally think it came from.

The blast originating on the 4th floor is possible from the damage to the floors, the ceiling pushed up, the floor pushed down. But that doesn't mean that the hydrogen buildup was greatest there, or originated there. Since damage to equipment on the walls was greatest in the 3rd and 5th floors, I suspect not.

My knee jerk gut reaction opinion is that there were multiple explosions, similar to R3. And I still believe that the pressure implosion (?) that R2 suffered at the same time as R4s blast, was a part of the overall explosion, once again involving gas and fissiles from the UC, linked through a tunnel system.

ON EDIT: The damage inside 4 doesnt appear to be heat generated, not like R3s, except in a few places. If we can figure out why some things got torched, and others didnt, I think we would solve the R4 mystery. We now know that the black ooze called poolium wasnt melted fuel. But what was it and why did it melt. And why did it originate from where it did. (And after we figure that stuff out we can try and find out why Tepco and the outside world ignored this obvious question mark, along with pretending that the steam coming out all that time wasnt something to worry about and monitor). So many questions, so little time.

edit on 12-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

As far as I know the billions of dollars that was raised by the Red Cross by average Americans and Canadians donating their cash has STILL not been distributed to victims and the Japanese Gov is still sitting on it. Back in this thread there were many posts about how in the first days and weeks aid was offered by thousands of charities world-wide it it was almost all FLATLY REFUSED or else charities had to leave due to the radiation threat. Let's not start crying in our tea because when help was offered your gov refused it, or charities lacked the radiation gear to safely work in those zones!

As far as I know thousands of charities stand ready to help at the drop of a hat even still, should Japan but ask or allow them in to do their work in the effected zones. I think it's morally reprehensible, but I don't think I should go too far down this road with you however, I might become a bit testy....

You can be angry but not with me
(wakata???
)
i gave you 3-4 big Links where you are able to find all informations,
incl. the exact Magnitude for Futaba- F'Shima Daiichi!

The Money donated from around the World is mostly gone through the American Red Cross,
please go and ask them "where is this Money"!

They do not give this Money to the Japanese Government,
instead they would do their own disaster Relief!

(I asked already and done some Research about this Money,
the biggest amount is still on the Account of the Red Cross! They spend less than 30% at 10/11)

Anyway, the Amount was very low compared with Haitii or for the Boxer Day Tsunami!
(imo. this is okay because Japan hold enough Money by them self and do
not need this kind of Help like a 3 World Country or the USA)

When my Wife and i escaped we met many Charity and Rescue Organizations
on the Haneda Airport, many flow back after arrival because of the Dai ichi Catastrophe
but not because of a Refuse from the Citizens of Japan or the Government
and finally we was not "crying for Help", neither i or the rest of Japan!

Inside of the Plant are maybe more Foreigners and Organizations than you think,
please inform yourself before you are trying to ride the big Wave here

edit on 13-11-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Fukushima No. 1 stable: plant chief/ sounds "interesting"

Making his first public appearance since the nuclear accident at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant in March, the facility's general manager, Masao Yoshida, apologized for failing to prevent the triple meltdowns but emphasized that conditions at the plant have "definitely been stabilized."

Yoshida met reporters at the wrecked power station as Tokyo Electric Power Co., the plant's operator, allowed reporters to visit the facility for the first time since the March 11 earthquake and tsunami triggered the nuclear crisis.

"The first thing I would like to do is to apologize to the people of Fukushima and in the whole of Japan for causing them great trouble," Yoshida said.

Yoshida has led the workers trying to contain the Fukushima No. 1 plant's stricken reactors since the first day of the nuclear crisis. He confessed that he almost gave up on several occasions, and in the first days of the disaster he even feared he could die from excessive radiation exposure.

"Several times during the first week of the crisis, I thought I would soon die," Yoshida said.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

Fukushima Women Form Chain in Tokyo Demanding Protection of Children

About 1300 Japanese women made a human chain Friday night around the building of Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) in Tokyo demanding protection from the nuclear disaster fallout and calling on the Japanese government to close nuclear stations, activisits said.

The government has reportedly lowered the acceptable radiation standard for the prefecture in order to minimize government grants. Action groups say that families cannot afford to leave without financial support and jobs are scarce throughout Japan. Many families say they feel trapped in a situation where small children and pregnant women are especially vulnerable. Other families are living separately as wives and children move to other areas and the husbands stay behind to work.

The sit-in and march seems to be a radical move by Japanese women where more and more voices are demanding that all nuclear power plants in Japan be closed.

www.panorientnews.com...

Multiple obstacles hinder disposal of quake-tsunami debris

In the Pacific coastal city of Ishinommaki, piles of old clothing, broken furniture and wooden debris still litter more than a dozen locations roughly eight months after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami struck northeastern Japan.

Some of those dumping sites are covered, but most are laid bare with only limited space available to take further debris in the port city in Miyagi Prefecture.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

L’ekiden de la mort…

Deadly ekiden... It is strange to see that Fukushima prefecture authorities decided to maintain its traditionnal women junior high school and high school ekiden (駅伝, a traditionnal long-distance relay in Japan).

So the 27th edition has been held on November 13th in and around Fukushima city, one of the most radiation affected city. Girls from 17 prefectures (From Tohoku but also from Tokyo) participated. The event is organised by Tohoku Athletic Association, along with Fukushima TV, with the support of Toyota, Mizuno, JREast (Railway company) and Citizen.

People in charge say radiations are not a danger. In Septembre, they measured the air radiation level along the course, and said it is over 1 microsievert per hour maximum but that it is trending down. Fukushima City decided to decontaminate locations including the Shinobugaoka Athletic Field which the Ekiden starts and finishes.

Based on that, why, after sources, organisers asked girls to sign a statement saying if there is a problem, it is not their responsability? It's strange for a competition that is supposed to be good for health. It is also strange because the most vulnerable persons to radiations are children.

mesmer.blog.lemonde.fr...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

You can be angry but not with me
(wakata???
)

I can be angry with whomever I please, but testy is not angry and despite your victim-based narcissism, I am not angry with you even if you want me to be
Perhaps you might consider that my testiness could possibly be directed elsewhere? Perhaps at the very same organizations? Hahahaaha... oh what an interesting mirror projection is. You were bleating about the lack of support for Japan then you just said you didn't need it because you aren't some third-world country. What is your point? We should have offered so you could refuse? Wait, that's what happened...? Imagine that!

"What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how
infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! "

(interesting you would say "don't need help like a third-world country or USA". lol. Haaha. I guess everyone likes to pick on the USA these days)

i gave you 3-4 big Links where you are able to find all informations,
incl. the exact Magnitude for Futaba- F'Shima Daiichi!

Awww.... are you madzey wadzey that I acknowledged J&C's links instead of yours? Sorry, your links were irrelevant to my line of inquiry.

Inside of the Plant are maybe more Foreigners and Organizations than you think,
please inform yourself before you are trying to ride the big Wave here

edit on 13-11-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

Huh? I think your Google translator has thrown a wobbly because you were the one saying there wasn't much help and you weren't getting as much help as other folks and if it was going to happen in the US there would be more help etc etc etc. I've been 'riding the big wave' as you put it on this thread long before you showed up. Perhaps you are reacting to a bad translation or perhaps I am reading what an algorithm calculates your phrases to to mean, badly. You might want to have that checked... just sayin'. What does this have to do with nukes please?
edit on 13-11-2011 by Wertwog because: give me your gun your boots and your motorcycle

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

You asked for Earthquake Information,
i served you a good piece and now you
become soooooo tasteless that a further
exchange is futile.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

We donated directly to the Japanese Redcross since they were prepared and already in place. At the time the American Redcross still did not have a fund specific to the earthquake & tsunami disaster set up so it made more sense. Wishing you much healing and strength.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Some old Cryptome Pics...refresher pics from March

Z, et all...

cryptome.org...

cryptome.org...

Unit 5 & 6 seawater pump March 17:
cryptome.org...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

November 12th Cryptome Pics

A lot of pics that I don't see on TEPCO release.

cryptome.org...

And some more pics of Unit 4 November 10th:
cryptome.org...

- Purple Chive
edit on 13-11-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
With all this hydrogen floating about and getting everywhere, I was wondering if there was some kind of heavy water "reactor" somewhere which went out of control. I would not put it past any experimental facility to be trying out new forms of cooling. (such as the liquid sodium some newer nuclear reactor plants use)

It is a long time since I did any chemistry, but isn't that heavy water somewhat like ordinary water but with an extra H atom - 3H atoms rather than 2? The Germans were using it in the war to produce power (Dam Busters) and I just wondered if it could be the source of this hydrogen which exploded?

Maybe someone who knows more about chemistry and about the possibility of such things could consider this way-out idea.

By the way Human, what are all the foreigners doing at the Fukushima plant? Have Tepco said they are there permanently or are they just visiting occasionally like the groups "inspecting" it.

Where did you hear there were foreigners working at the plant, because if there are, then they probably know what is going on underground too.

top topics

<< 1117  1118  1119    1121  1122  1123 >>

join