It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1119.htm
<< 1116  1117  1118    1120  1121  1122 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

I have noticed for the last few days that Fox news will have a blup on Fukushima scroll on the bottom, but their news is very tame compared to what is on this thread. That map you posted was scary. Could there really be an increase in deaths? I know in my heart that the world is being affected by Fukushima. I am torn between wanting to know the real affects vs. not knowing and blindly believing what "they" are telling us.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by Wertwog

That's got to be the most ignorant thing I've read on the internet this year. Seriously.

Ok let's be clear... I was asking for EARTHQUAKE damage. NOT tsunami damage. The majority of images you just linked were tsunami damage so who is being ignorant in the true sense of the word "informed". The few earthquake damage photos you try to prove your point with also don't show what I was asking for, which was catastrophic EQ damage. Not cracks in roads and not damaged buildings. I want to see the leveled buildings a 9+ would leave. If you had read my previous posts you would know this is not some ghoulish inquiry or an attempt to minimize what the Japanese people have gone through. I simply want to see the EVIDENCE of 9+ EARTHQUAKE ONLY damage. This IS relevant to this thread as I have explained, but whatever, sure let's drop it.
edit on 11-11-2011 by Wertwog because: blueberry pie

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

Yet, INDEPENDENT scientists, not on any TPTB payroll, all say that it happened. There are MILLIONS of videos all over the web showing devastation like crazy, and yet we pick on this topic to start a fight?

Why is this such a hard concept to grasp? Read the posts back a-ways. I want to see the EQ damage separate from the Tsunami damage that proves this was a 9+M. That is all. Catastrophic quake damage only. Major building subsidence, "leveling of most buildings" and remember the study Human posted indicated at 65% of all Japanese homes were NOT seismically upgraded.

Where is the devastating EQ damage -- prior to waves? I'm not saying anything else, I'm not saying it's part of any conspiracy, I'm just simply curious.This relates to this thread as I want to assess whether or not these plants experienced a large quake. We know we had cracks and venting issues related to quake damage (not power outage) right after the quake from first hand reports. This would mean these plants did not withstand a moderate quake. If these plants could not withstand a moderate quake that means they failed to meet their design basis.

Originally posted by zworld
Discharge Canal north

The only explanation is pumping water from R1-R4 / UC up to R5/R6, and out that canal.

edit on 11-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

Yes, and I would add that 5/6 could also be making their own contributions.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I didn't think any of the discussion was off topic. I'm still on the fence but it was all interesting, and who knows? If some more proof spilled out any one of these branch ideas could become the topic. I'm suprised no one has mentioned those eye-popping readings from Fukushima City. They sure made my jaw drop!
I think a plume just wizzed past me on it's way to Europe. They found the signiture Iodine.

enenews.com... ima

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Strontium has been released in the sea.
fukushima-diary.com...
And more will be released. We even have a sqiggly line chart that looks like Moshpit's roadsign!
fukushima-diary.com...×1015-bq-of-plutonium-is-ready-to-be-released/#.Tr0njkM6jAw.facebook
And more sea dumping planed for January.
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Remember the yellow pre-blast pulse that used to exist on OZTVWATCHERs vid of R3. . this is the first eyewitness Ive heard about but it looks like people saw it firsthand. From fukushima-diary.com...

On 9/27/2011, a Fukushima citizen, Mr.Toshiyuki stated that he saw yellow flash before the blast.

It is said in an interview.

He is a man from Iwaki shi, where is about 50km away from Fukushima plant, has a daughter,a son,wife and parents. He is self-employed and is involved in a medical industry.

He has been in Iwaki shi since 311.

When reactor 3 exploded on 3/14, he was at the 50 km point.

He says he was more surprised at the yellow light/flash than the explosion itself.

We at Fukushima Diary are looking for potential explanations for what the yellow light / flash was.

ON EDIT: darest I tell Fuku diary about the UC and underground blast. Probably not.
edit on 11-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
zworld -

I tell Fuku diary about the UC and underground blast. Probably not
- You could always put forward some "more speculative" suggestions for the reason for that yellow flash, however it may be a little dangerous for people in Japan to be discussing or suggesting a National Security Issue. Whereas we can, because we are outside and the Japanese authorities cannot get their hands on us(easily).

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Strontium has been released in the sea.
fukushima-diary.com...
And more will be released. We even have a sqiggly line chart that looks like Moshpit's roadsign!
fukushima-diary.com...×1015-bq-of-plutonium-is-ready-to-be-released/#.Tr0njkM6jAw.facebook
And more sea dumping planed for January.
fukushima-diary.com...

It's time to stop eating tuna.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
New photos from R4 of the damage in the 3rd, 4th and 5th floors. Baby, that sucker has been blown apart.

Tepco is saying that the blast was associated with the air conditioning system, which fits there excuse about hydrogen coming from the R3 gas treatment line, but is totally inconclusive from the photos. The fact that the 4th floor is expanded is an interesting twist, but not conclusive for pinpointing the ignition point as Tepco has done. In fact, considering the level of damage everywhere, and earlier pictures of damage to the truck bay, Id say its getting clearer that the source was underneath R4, not next to it. The SFP does not show that it caused the explosion, it couldnt have come from R3 in the levels needed to exterminate the entire R4 building. The UC is the only explanation.

My report will go into the R4 blast in great detail, as it is the biggest mystery of all. But just comparing the damage from the new photos with the damage from R3 photos, and its clear that whatever tore through R4 did so with a greater vengeance than exhibited in R3s blast.

www.tepco.co.jp...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Some other new pictures. Looks like Nov 7th. Lots of steam and blurry spots. They do show the south wall of #2 but there is a building blocking where a hole might be.

A look at the roof line of #4

And a zoom in on the south wall.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Ive changed my avatar because I have now entered stage 3 of my road map to recovery from nuclear insanity.

stage 1) shock and awe and amassing data

stage 2) protesting and making data available

stage 3) direct action like my avatar.

And Id also like to say that we have entered a very important time. This is the last Fukushima analytical forum, the last in depth on going public discussion of events past and current from Daiich, other than news and blog sites. That carrys with it a responsibility to the outside world, to present the issues honestly and with care, so that all will feel welcome. And we are pretty good at that. But I think we need to remember that our brothers and sisters in northern Japan have suffered through three of the worst disasters the human race has ever faced, all happening at once. This carries with it an even greater responsibility. May we all convey, that which we need to convey, with love and respect. Its really important, whats written here. Far more than I actually grasp I think.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Well, the earthquake occured out off the coast, so there wouldn't be evidence of 9+ magnitude damage on the island/s. since it didn't happen there.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Konban Wa, Guys, Girls, Mommies and Dads:

Can you see that Greenish Mint colored "S.o.m.e.t.h.i.n.g."???

Reactor 3. and 4. Emergency Valve!
(18.20 JST./ 06.20pm.)

@ Wertwog,

do you maybe need the EQ. Map to see the Levels on and in Honshu?
Have a look please:
outreach.eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp...
edit on 12-11-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2011 by Human0815 because: link and info

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Report Gives New Details of Chaos at Stricken Plant

Fukushima Daiichi Unit 1 was stuck in darkness, and everyone on site feared that the reactor core was damaged. It was the day after a huge earthquake and a towering tsunami devastated the plant, and the workers for Tokyo Electric Power Company knew they were the only hope for halting an unfolding nuclear disaster.

www.nytimes.com...

INPO Compiles Timeline of Fukushima Events After Japan Earthquake, Tsunami

WASHINGTON, D.C., Nov. 11, 2011—The Institute of Nuclear Power Operations has compiled a detailed timeline of events at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami in Japan. The detailed report, prepared as part of the integrated response to the Japan events, was delivered today to U.S. industry executives, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and members of Congress.

“The U.S. nuclear energy industry is committed to learning from Japan’s experience and applying relevant lessons to make U.S. nuclear energy facilities even safer. We are sharing this report with the widest possible audience because it is important that we all work from the same set of facts in determining the appropriate response,” said NEI’s senior vice president and chief nuclear officer, Tony Pietrangelo. “It is of paramount importance that we learn from it and take our facilities to even higher levels of safety and preparedness.”
Read More >>
Read the Fukushima timeline >>
Watch NEI’s Tony Pietrangelo comment on the Fukushima timeline >>

safetyfirst.nei.org...
Special Report on the Nuclear Accident at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station The Institute of Nuclear Power Operations has compiled a detailed timeline of events at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami in Japan. The detailed report, prepared as part of the integrated response to the Japan events, was delivered on Nov. 11, 2011, to U.S. industry executives, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and members of Congress.
To the Download:

Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant opened to reporters

Reporters have been allowed inside the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan for the first time since it was crippled by an earthquake and tsunami in March. The journalists toured the plant wearing full protective clothing. A reporter from the Associated Press described seeing "twisted and overturned trucks, crumbling reactor buildings and piles of rubble virtually untouched since the wave struck".

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 12-11-2011 by Human0815 because: link

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

No, what good is an EQ map going to do me? Do you honestly think I don't know where the quake was? Listen.... A 9+M it is supposed to DEVASTATE AN AREA FOR THOUSANDS OF KILOMETERS. Last time I checked 70km offshore is not THOUSANDS.
Wiki

The 2011 earthquake off the Pacific coast of Tohoku, also known as the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake or the Great East Japan Earthquake,[6][7] (Japanese: "Eastern Japan Great Earthquake Disaster" (東日本大震災 Higashi Nihon Daishinsai?)[fn 1]) was a magnitude 9.0 (Mw) undersea megathrust earthquake off the coast of Japan that occurred at 14:46 JST (05:46 UTC) on Friday, 11 March 2011, with the epicenter approximately 70 kilometres (43 mi) east of the Oshika Peninsula of Tōhoku and the hypocenter at an underwater depth of approximately 32 km (20 mi). It was the most powerful known earthquake ever to have hit Japan, and one of the five most powerful earthquakes in the world overall since modern record-keeping began in 1900.

The earthquake triggered powerful tsunami waves, which reached heights of up to 40.5 metres (133 ft) in Miyako in Tōhoku's Iwate Prefecture,[12][13] and which in the Sendai area travelled up to 10 km (6 mi) inland. In addition to loss of life and destruction of infrastructure, the tsunami caused a number of nuclear accidents, primarily the ongoing level 7 meltdowns at three reactors in the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant complex, and the associated evacuation zones affecting hundreds of thousands of residents.

All I need are photos of catastrophic earthquake only (not tsunami) damage please from the supposedly 9+ EQ Japan took. Hell, give me ONE photo of a large building subsidence from this quake. Come on! Should be easy! 65% were not seismically upgraded. Come on.... I WANT to see it because I really really don't want to think about the fact that 6 nukes just failed in a smaller than design basis quake.

Unless this image can be produced I am calling BS on this quake and it was really about a 6. Last time I heard 6M don't produce 133ft tsunami.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Look, i was on the Boxer Day Tsunami in Khao Lak,
from that Quake we felt nothing but that Tsunami killed more People
than here in Japan!

Maybe there is a logical Problem, there are Tsunami Pictures because this People
was just reacting, they just shot the Water but not the EQ Damage.

Another Problem is that this Area do not have High Rise Building,
there are a few in Sendai but i think less than 10

Anyway, this is very difficult to explain for me,
sometimes i feel like the People on 9/11.

I do not know where you are living but there is a huge EQ Exhibition wandering around the Towns,
you should look for that and use the links i provided- there are more Solo- EQ Pics!

Edit:

one more time i do not understand you

No one ever said that there was a Mag. 9. Earthquake under the F'Shima Plant.
Under that Plant it was around Mag. 7,2- 7,6

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I have no idea at all about this, but what springs to mind is the experiment with a champagne glass and sound and how you can get resonance with anything if you hit the right pitch.

That might explain how some things were destroyed like in the road land-slip image above and some other things have not been touched hardly at all. (such as the (train?) bridge in the background of the above image.)

It would also possibly explain a tsunami if a wave of something like sound was to be 'fired' at Japan from out to sea. It would be quite directional and would be like a wall of sound pushing the sea towards land.

If a satellite had this capability, then it could be aimed at an area (such as the reactors at Fukushima) and the frequency adjusted to cause resonance and hence damage to specific items.

Fortean Times Article about sonic weapons

Long Range Acoustic Device used by the military authorities.
edit on 12 Nov 2011 by qmantoo because: add FT article and wikipedia articles

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Hmmm!

Sometimes an Earthquake is just an Earthquake

And here again happened what is called Distraction,
since nearly 8 Month i am confronted with the Jimbobstone-Theory
of a Mossad Bomb, i and we spend much more than 10.000 Hours
of intellectual Thinking Units for this Bullunko, this is wasted Energy-
we should look and find Solutions for the Crisis instead,
but at the moment we should not look for a unknown Suspect
who may done this or may not,
because we can't change it, we can't change the past- it's impossible,
i think/ hope we all know this !

We can look for the guilty ones later!

Shalom and next year on the Temple Mountain

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Unit 2 Pressure

Sorry to keep posting this Unit 2 pressure stuff...but just amazing how it vacillates....

11/11: 108

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The point is that, although we cannot change what has happened, one day someone will hit on an idea that just 'fits' the facts of the case.

This disaster has so many strange aspects to it and so many unexplained actions taken by Tepco, the Japanese government and indeed, the world governments too, that we need to find out why the whole world has not clubbed together to sort out this terrible experience.

I cannot explain it - can you?

No, probably not, and to just accept this as having happened, does not give any answers to the thousands of questions which most people are still asking and does not justify the deaths and illnesses which will be caused by the in-action and lies of the authorities.

None of us can do anything helpful practically from our keyboards, but we can document, investigate, and even sometimes speculate as to why people are acting the way they have.

In any other disaster, the whole place would be flooded by charities trying to bring aid and relief to the affected areas, but it seems that this is not the case in Japan. I, for one, wonder why?

new topics

top topics

<< 1116  1117  1118    1120  1121  1122 >>

join