It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1113.htm
<< 1110  1111  1112    1114  1115  1116 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
TEPCO to review criteria for determining 'criticality'

TOKYO, Nov. 6, Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/11/124510.html

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Sunday it will review its criteria for determining a self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction, known as criticality, in the wake of recent confusion over a case of "spontaneous" fission, which occurs at a constant rate.

The operator of the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant only reported the criteria last month to the government's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency but did not include cases of spontaneous fission, when a rare gas like xenon is detected at a reactor, as in the incident on Tuesday.

When it revealed Wednesday that it had detected radioactive xenon at the crippled plant's No. 2 reactor, the firm known as TEPCO said that melted fuel inside the reactor may have temporarily gone critical, but denied the possibility the next day, saying it was the result of spontaneous fission.

The criteria were included in TEPCO's medium-term safety measures for the Fukushima Daiichi plant reported to the government on Oct. 17, amid the ongoing nuclear crisis at the plant triggered by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

Copyright 2011 Kyodo News

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Wonder? Sudden Puff of Black Smoke

At 16:15:08, Camera time or 3:40 into capture...puff of black smoke appears over water treatment area - right, central part of the image.

Uhummm....

Had problems earlier in the day with the desalination facility:

At around 11:00 am on November 6, since partner companies' workers who went on patrol found that the boiler of evaporative concentration apparatus stopped, we stopped operation of the apparatus 3B and 3C. Since the operation panel on the site alerted "Very low water level in boiler supply water tank", we assumed that the boiler stopped due to this reason. After that, we conducted investigation of the cause of decrease of supply tank water level. When we started a backup pump for transfer of boiler supply water, the alert stopped. Therefore we judged that one pump was troubled. In addition, although all the evaporative concentration apparatus stopped, water treatment by the water desalinations (RO membrane system) and water injection to the reactors have been continued.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Maybe they will reveal some info the next status update.

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Hi Purple. I think that smoke is a raindrop as it is raining. I watched it a couple of times and thats what it looks like to me.

You guys are doing a great job though, so dont take this personally.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
AFP - Hosono cool in eye of the storm

By Harumi Ozawa

Nov. 06, 2011 - 05:53AM JST

www.japantoday.com/category/commentary/view/hosono-cool-in-eye-of-the-storm

TOKYO —

For a man who has spent almost every waking hour over the past half year shepherding Japan through one of the world’s worst nuclear disasters, Goshi Hosono wears his worries lightly.

The youthful and telegenic government pointman on the Fukushima clean-up has been in his post since shortly after the earthquake and tsunami of March 11.

He has outlived one prime minister and counts as a survivor in the revolving door world of Japanese politics, a place peopled largely by faceless men in grey suits who are all but unknown in the world outside the debating chamber.

Despite a series of setbacks at Fukushima, including the revelation this week that spontaneous fission had been detected inside a reactor that was supposed to be all but extinct, Hosono is upbeat.

“We have come a long way in our efforts to control the accident,” he told AFP in an interview.

“It was the emergency workers at the plant who have contributed to it the most. We are finally seeing the goal of cold shutdown in sight. The workers’ efforts must be highly applauded.”

(...)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

I agree. If you scroll through it fast it becomes obvious. At first it looked like there was also a grey cloud come out of no where atop R4 at 24 seconds in, and R1 got a big dent in the side 59 seconds in. Thats when I started to think rain drops.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Proving once again the lies and deceit we have to wade through, someone has over-layed those last crappy thermals over the reactors. Number 3 [Avoiding the pool area]

And #1

And the link. [French]
fukushima.over-blog.fr...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Was reading a thread about an outbreak of illnesses in US. Has this got anything to do with fuku fallout or is it just one of those time of year things?

At least 6 schools experienced sudden mass outbreak of unkown illness in the last week

Some of the symptoms look similar to radiation exposure including headaches, vomiting and nausea. There are several theories, many blaming carbon monoxide, even though some of these took place outside hitting a large number of people at the same time including a firefighter, and tests were conducted but I dont think anyone took measured for radiation.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey
Was reading a thread about an outbreak of illnesses in US. Has this got anything to do with fuku fallout or is it just one of those time of year things?

At least 6 schools experienced sudden mass outbreak of unkown illness in the last week

Some of the symptoms look similar to radiation exposure including headaches, vomiting and nausea. There are several theories, many blaming carbon monoxide, even though some of these took place outside hitting a large number of people at the same time including a firefighter, and tests were conducted but I dont think anyone took measured for radiation.

Any thoughts?

The Houston one, and the school with dozens of kids throwing up all of a sudden are especially bizarre. They occurred in areas that have also been getting chemtrailed up the wazoo. Whatever it was, it was airborne and thats not good. Could be a combination of things, but hopefully radiation from Fukushima wasnt one of them. If it was, it would mean massive amounts of radiation released from the source (accounting for dispersion) and this would have shown up before reaching the midwest. Unless there are conditions occurring that keep the initial plume intact, but not sure what that would be.

Some of the chemtrail videos on youtube from Texas up into the midwest have been pretty intense. All day long, constant gridding, and over wide areas. Thats my guess. Theres also alot of solar activity happening right now, but dont know what influence that might have.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
German professor warns fukushima could blow.
enenews.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
That makes a big difference in understanding those shots. In the R3 shot (first one) the visual leans towards an explanation in another forum, that the thermal was taken in the afternoon, and the heat sources from the SFP are the sun heating strips of metal roof structure, as the thermal range isnt great. (I think it was 30C black to white). I think that steam cloud to the left would have hit pure white, which could be why it's cut from the shot.

Dont know why there isnt heat from the reactor, which is covered up with equipment and debris, but should still be showing heat somewhere relative to it. That can only mean that the corium is long gone, heading for points unknown, and the heat is diffused through both the water injections and groundwater table.

Originally posted by Aircooled

For R1 I dont know what is what, as the floor is pretty much intact and would be blocking the heat from below. Corium heat would be coming up from far below and would probably be coming out the holes in the floor around the edges. Thats probably why they cropped this shot as well.

And #1

And the link. [French]
fukushima.over-blog.fr...

But I cant help wondering what Tepco was thinking posting an image that didnt show the whole structure. I know the MSM wouldnt pick up on it, but it sure has rung alot of bells on the internet of peeps trying to understand why the cropping was done. Silly move Tepco.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Originally posted by Unity_99
thewatchers.adorraeli.com... d/
Report: US topsoil contains levels of radioactive cesium up to 10,000 percent higher than previously believed

Related to the above.

It won't be just Japanese children who are having radioactive particles in their urine. My kids have missed half their school now since last spring. And I'm really concerned about what is occurring to all the children, in Japan and the west coast of North America.

Good to see you are still around.

The site you give the URL to is very informative. Thank you for posting!

I think its worth noting the reports contained on this site. Really worth a look at, and of course its frightening.

1. Traces of Japan nuclear fallout in California rainwater

2. Confirmed: EPA Rigged RADNET Japan Nuclear Radiation Monitoring Equipment To Report Lower Levels Of Fukushima Fallout

3. Tokyo to become dumping ground for radioactive rubble from Fukushima disaster

4. Fukushima: biggest single outflow of man-made radionuclides to the marine environment ever observed

5. Fukushima residents’ urine now radioactive

6. Fukushima: Strontium levels up to 240 times over legal limit near plant, uninhabitable land area now the size of 17 Manhattans

7. Radioactivity in Food: “There is No Safe Level of Radionuclide Exposure, Whether From Food, Water or Other Sources. Period.”

LINK TO REPORTS HERE

edit on 6-11-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
TEPCO Begins Spent N-Fuel Pool Decontamination

jen.jiji.com/jc/eng?g=eco&k=2011110600232

Fukushima, Nov. 6 (Jiji Press)--Tokyo Electric Power Co. started removing radioactive material from the spent nuclear fuel pool at the No. 2 reactor building of its crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant on Sunday.

The step is necessary to begin work to purify salty water at the pool to prevent corrosion in the facility, TEPCO officials said.

The water, estimated to total 1,500 tons, has become salty due to the seawater injection to cool the spent fuel after the ongoing nuclear crisis occurred in the wake of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, they said.

The operator of the nuclear power plant in northeastern Japan aims to reduce the radioactive substance to one-hundredth to one-thousandth of the current level of about 200,000 becquerels per cubic centimeter in a month, they said.

For the cesium removal work, TEPCO will use the existing cooling water circulation system for the pool.

After completing the work at the No. 2 reactor building, TEPCO will decontaminate water at the No. 3 reactor building's spent fuel pool, the officials said.

(2011/11/06-23:33)

Copyright Jiji Press LTD.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Where sudden bouts of mass vomiting occur, I think we should also consider radio waves/ultrasonics or the testing of new weapons. I believe there were weapons which made people involuntarily lose control of various bodily functions (basically crap their pants), so why not another untrasonic weapon which makes people vomit spontaneously too? I think there are many of these crowd control weapons being developed and who know where or when they test them. The media reporting probably shows them how effective it is. Any labs/companies developing this kind of thing in the locality?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
An interview with Marco Kaltofen. Airborne fallout.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Grrr... nuclear advocates on page three ticking me off

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Originally posted by Aircooled
Always Brilliant. Potrblog. I've seen the northern lights many times in the years I worked in the far north. I've never seen red or even orange.
www.youtube.com...

This is highly alarming. Not since #3 blew have I had the willies like this. The correlation can't be ignored. I haven't really seriously thought that we could potentially loose the atmosphere via this disaster since I thought we are talking mostly about the troposphere. If this is true and we are seeing beta this high up in the magnetosphere, well this is extremely bad news.

I have searched my butt off for my old post but can't locate it. However, this monkey business is along the lines of the finnish nuclear scientists' charged particle theory, just that the translation stated it was to do with a layer of nitrogen as well. It was a machine translation so I think most of the actual statements he made will be misunderstood, until it is properly translated into english. He may have been saying this all along! He mentioned ionisation at high altitude and how the releases would affect the upper atmosphere, months ago.

I wonder when all the pieces will fit together? We'll probably need a nuclear particle physicist at some stage

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Yes, GR1 you are resonating on the same frequency. My worst conclusion, prior to this, was that we were looking at the troposphere carrying gamma and beta & alpha around the jetstream. What has the hairs on the back of my neck standing up is that it looks like (if this correlation stands) that we are seeing BETA particle emitters in the at least the ionosphere and perhaps even the magnetosphere charging up all kinds of daughter particles and nastiness. How the smeg did it get so high??

I really didn't take the Finnish guy all that seriously, and I have to admit when he came out with "nitrogenesphere" I laughed out-loud, but you're right it's probably the translation.

Crazy finnish guy theory
edit on 7-11-2011 by Wertwog because: fixed the link

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Philanthropist Rockefeller offers condolences to disaster-hit Sendai

SENDAI, Nov. 7, Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/11/124568.html

Photo english.kyodonews.jp/photos/2011/11/124570.html

American philanthropist David Rockefeller Jr. and his wife on Monday visited a coastal area in the city of Sendai, which was devastated by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, and offered condolences to those affected by the disaster.

Rockefeller, board chair of the Rockefeller Foundation, and his wife Susan toured the Arahama district as Sendai Mayor Emiko Okuyama described the magnitude of damage at a local elementary school and works to remove debris.

The couple, who came to Japan to pledge continued support for the country and promote tourism, told the mayor they had never seen such devastation and expressed hope that people in affected areas would be able to rebuild their lives.

The two are also scheduled to visit an area ravaged by the calamity in the city of Higashimatsushima and a fishing port in Ishinomaki, both near Sendai in Miyagi Prefecture.

Rockefeller -- a member of the American industrial, banking and political dynasty whose name is synonymous with wealth and power -- has been involved in various nonprofit activities, while his wife is a producer of documentary films on conservation efforts.

Copyright 2011 Kyodo News

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
Grrr... nuclear advocates on page three ticking me off

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow, no sh!t. that thread is crawling with nukies. And making statements that in this post Fukushima reality are completely insane. Id ignore them cause they are basically just dumping the stock pre Fukushima pro nuke arguments out as if that is still the frame of the discussion.

trust me, they arent trying to make sense, and therefore will only waste your time and energy. I was going to post this info but said hell with it, it will do fine here;

Bloomberg: Mexico abandons plans to build 10 nuke plants — Fukushima causing nations around world to reconsider energy future.
enenews.com...

reply to Q

It could be something like that, beams of energy projected from satellites, but why only school functions, and why only certain individuals. I know that they have experimented since the 80s with death rays and other satellite driven weapons programs, in fact know one of the original researchers for star wars, and he has bone chilling stories about those projects. Suffice it to say it wasnt defensive as portrayed.

If it was microwaves, I would suspect first an accidental over powering of a local system. If it was an experiment to see how people are affected and who gets affected, which the US is more than capable of doing, the people in charge should be shot or arrested.

reply to GR
Considering that the worlds experts dont have a clue whats happening on the ground, and we are in uncharted territories, anything is possible. I kinda agree with WW though that the Finnish guy wasnt very clear. He had data but not a great understanding of how to put it together.
edit on 7-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Also from ENENEWS.

NHK: Fears that walls of Fukushima spent fuel pools will erode — Tepco working to keep salt from causing holes (VIDEO)

Nov. 7 — The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant has begun removing radioactive cesium from water in the No. 2 spent fuel pool, according to NHK.

“There are fears that the metal pipes and walls of the spent fuel pools will erode, as seawater was used after the accident to cool down the spent fuel pools.”

Tepco said removal of cesium from the spent fuel pool water is necessary to remove the salt. “Erosion caused by salt may cause holes to form,” reports NHK.

And if the walls and pipes erode.............

ON EDIT: Plus this from Ex-SKF;

The case of the high-radiation supermarket in Setagaya-ku, Tokyo:

The contractor hired by the government dug up the location in the parking lot with 110 microsieverts/hour radiation, and found a glass bottle 40 centimeter below the surface. The radiation on that spot was the Fuku-I Nuke Plant level radiation of 40 millisieverts/hour. After removing the glass bottle, the radiation dramatically dropped to 25 microsieverts/hour (which is still very high, actually). The bottle allegedly contained radium-226, again. There are 15 locations in the supermarket compound (including inside the store) that are emitting high radiation, and it will take several weeks at least to dig up those locations to see what's buried. (From various sources: Nikkan Sports 11/2/2011, FNN News 11/3/2011, Nikkei Shinbun 11/2/2011, etc.)

They also dug up the location with 65 microsieverts/hour radiation and found a piece of glass with a small amount of radium from 20 centimeter below the surface. Once the glass was removed, the radiation dropped to 4 microsieverts/hour. (Mainichi Shinbun Japanese, 11/6/2011)

Im not buying this, even though tests showed less radiation, this could be accounted for when they removed the paving and dirt from the area. Its too easy to pull a radium rabbit out of the hat. Maybe in some instances its true, but not under pavement. Radium and its decay daughter radon both emit alpha particles, which cant go through pavement. Nice try Tepco and Japan, but back to the drawing board.

This shows how far alpha particles from plutonium 239 can travel, and I believe Pu-239 is more energetic than radium so the alpha particles can travel even further than radium.

top topics

<< 1110  1111  1112    1114  1115  1116 >>

join