It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1112.htm
<< 1109  1110  1111    1113  1114  1115 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Cs-137 in Oakland CA soil

Don't know if this had been posted before. But the last page...results of September soil sample.

www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
thewatchers.adorraeli.com... d/
Report: US topsoil contains levels of radioactive cesium up to 10,000 percent higher than previously believed

Related to the above.

It won't be just Japanese children who are having radioactive particles in their urine. My kids have missed half their school now since last spring. And I'm really concerned about what is occurring to all the children, in Japan and the west coast of North America.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Radnet Data...Pretty Good Spike in San Diego

epa.gov...

And Fresno, CA:
epa.gov...

And Really Big spike in Lubbock, TX:
epa.gov...

Providence, RI:
epa.gov...

Look around folks...and see if you notice a trend...keep in mind the last Fuku re-criticality in August...
www.epa.gov...

- Purple Chive

edit on 5-11-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thank you for your post Unity. Kids on the East coast who are rarely sick...are now frequently getting colds and unable to fight them off. I've experienced first hand the insidious nature of an immune system being compromised...and eventually diagnosed abnormal lymphocyte blood cells. Something is going on. Stay aware.

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by Purplechive

Strontium 90 Levels: Holy Crap Batman!!

June 13th North Water intake Canal: Sr-90 = 40

www.tepco.co.jp...

October 10th North Water Intake Canal: Sr-90 = 250

www.tepco.co.jp...

Looks like Sr-90 levels the highest they have ever been detected:

June 13: Sr-90 = 40
www.tepco.co.jp...

July 11: Sr-90 = 170
www.tepco.co.jp...

August 15: Sr-90 = 150
www.tepco.co.jp...

September 12: Sr-90 = 92
www.tepco.co.jp...

October 10: Sr-90 = 250
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 4-11-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

And that converts to 250,000 Bq/cm3. Interesting.

PC, have they been releasing these readings of Sr all along. I never noticed. Please tell me Im not totally blind.

Yes Z. The info ain't that easy to ferret out, an intentional TEPCO tactic of course. The Google "Site:" command is very powerful.

Fuku Dairy also notes this spike:
fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Radnet Data...Pretty Good Spike in San Diego

epa.gov...

And Fresno, CA:
epa.gov...

And Really Big spike in Lubbock, TX:
epa.gov...

Providence, RI:
epa.gov...

Look around folks...and see if you notice a trend...keep in mind the last Fuku re-criticality in August...
www.epa.gov...

- Purple Chive

PC youre on a roll.

Yeah its all about trends now.

And concerning Tepcos making it hard to find data, boy, is that the truth or what. Ive been through a bunch of stuff trying to find recent data and cant since learning about Xe. Have had to change numbers in the url to get documents they dont list. And I notice now they are changing the endings of their urls so its not just the date + e + #. Or theyve got multiple folders they are storing stuff in. Its definately time to get to know Tepcos site better. thanks for all the work youre doing PC. Its big.

ON EDIT: yeah, google, duh, I can be so slow some times. Im forgetting the basics.

edit on 5-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

AND ON ANOTHER EDIT: And a very heart felt thank you to you and Human and AC; and tsutsuji over at the PF forum. I wouldnt know half what I know if it hadnt been for youze guys making us (and the outside world) aware of these things. Good on all of ya.

edit on 5-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Two new robot films. U-tube is changing things around a bit. Hope these work Ok.
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

August 9th: Xe-131m Detected - Unit 2

Yup Z. All about trends.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

TEPCO Report Wrong: Xe-131m half-life

Is not twelve years...it is 11.9 days.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Xenon

* Xe-131m - 11.9 days
* Xe-133 - 5.245 days
* Xe-133m - 2.188 days
* Xe-135 - 9.09 hours
* Xe-135m - 15.29 minutes
* Xe-138 - 14.17 minutes

www.iem-inc.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

August 9th: Xe-131m Detected - Unit 2

Yup Z. All about trends.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Thats the reading Ive been harping about. Im going to post a bunch of data related to it tonight. Its starting to be discussed over at PF forum. I think when they realize the significance of those readings it will start the criticality argument up all over again.

Heres the weird thing. When that data was originally released, it went over everyone's head, except yours. No one in the PF forum picked up on it at all. One little blurb that you posted here in your second post. Heres your first post about it.

Krypton-85 and Xenon-131m

Trying to find out more about these radioactive isotopes found inside Unit 2 primary containment Vessel.

Found some "cognitive" information on Krypton-85...

www.ead.anl.gov...

But the Xenon-131m...didn't find much that tells me what the heck it is and does. But did stumble upon a NRC doc that was updated as of July 19, 2011....which of course makes me suspicious and wonder what the hell is going on.
www.nrc.gov...

I'll continue to do more research but if any of you brainiacs out there can help me comprehend and digest why TEPCO went through the effort to set up this gas sampling instrument to collect radioactive materials INSIDE unit 2...sure would appreciate your insight!! See link below.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

And not one brainiac from here or over at PF got it. Good for you PC.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Thanks Z. Call it "Mommy Intuition".

Me, you and the rest of the folks on this forum, don't really matter much. We are on the downward slope in our lives. It's our little ones, children, who will experience the horrible ramifications of this irresponsible, greedy, egotistical industry.

Still perplexed as to why a GIGANTIC international team hasn't been invoked to, "No Holds Barred" attack Fuku.

We've got an asteroid coming closer to the earth than the moon is on Tuesday.

The Emergency broadcast system is going to conduct a first ever - simultaneous, nation wide test on Wednesday.

Things are very interesting....

Now gotta go take a walk in the woods...find some "Happy Thoughts"...and possibly another spear or arrow head that the Waccamaw, "People of the Falling Star", left behind so long ago.

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Purple. Nothing yet on Nov 5, 3:27 am yet, but this from Nov 2 could be interesting.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
An all-star cast of trouble makers give a very good talk.
youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nov 4th. 21.44 uSv/hr in Koriyama city.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Nov 5th. readings from Colorado.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The following was posted Aug 10 by PC

Trying to find out more about these radioactive isotopes found inside Unit 2 primary containment Vessel.

Found some "cognitive" information on Krypton-85...

www.ead.anl.gov...

But the Xenon-131m...didn't find much that tells me what the heck it is and does. But did stumble upon a NRC doc that was updated as of July 19, 2011....which of course makes me suspicious and wonder what the hell is going on.
www.nrc.gov...

I'll continue to do more research but if any of you brainiacs out there can help me comprehend and digest why TEPCO went through the effort to set up this gas sampling instrument to collect radioactive materials INSIDE unit 2...sure would appreciate your insight!! See link below.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Well, Im 77 days late PC. But here's what I found on Xenon.

Xe-131m
www.tepco.co.jp...
original showing both Aug and Nov

Xenon is a noble gas, meaning it stays pretty much the same and doesnt react to other compounds and form new compounds. It is also the beta decay daughter of Iodine, in other words the next in line in the decay chain. I-131 decays to either Xe-131 or Xe-131m, I-133 decays to either Xe-133 or Xe-133m, and I-135 decays to either Xe-135 or Xe-135m.

The main Iodine isotope of concern is I-131. I-131 has a half life of 8 days, and when it decays it decays into either Xe-131 or Xe-131m. According to this early March 22 IRSN release assessment document, www.irsn.fr... and using it only to predict the ratio 131/131m formation, they estimate the release amounts as this; Xe-133 at 2E+18 and Xe-133m at 2E+16; and Xe-135 at 2E+16 and Xe-135m at 6E+14. The ratio is approximately 100 to 1 between the stable isotope and the active isotope (m). They dont give both readings for Xe-131, so we need to extrapolate from the above ratios of 133 and 135, which would mean that there will be 100 Xe-131s for every 1 Xe-131m. Yet the estimated total release for I-131 is 9E+16 and the total release for Xe-131m is 2E+16. If the ratio aspect is correct, Xe-131m should be +14, not+16. And if the ratio aspect is correct, and the estimation for Xe-131m is correct, there's alot more Iodine being released than reported here. (I will go over more recent estimations as I find them).

As stated the above is only being used to show the decay chain and formation of m isotopes. Tepco and other agencies have tried to illusion that fission ended when the control rods were inserted on March 11th. If fission indeed ended then, with only isolated residual fissions occurring for a few days after, irrespective of the amount that has been released, there is no way that the detections of Xe-131m on Aug 9 in concentrations of Xe-131m at 3.8 X 10¹ to 4.7 X 10¹ Bq/cm3 in the lower floors of Unit 2 could be associated with this criticality.

The half life of I-131 is roughly 8 days, and Xe-131m is 12 days. After 7 half lives only 0.781% remains of the original amount. After 10 half lives there is less than 0.1% left of the original amount. For I-131, 7 x 8 = 56 days and 10 x 8 = 80 days. For Xe-131m, 7 x 12 + 84 days and 10 x 12 = 120 days.

If fission originally ended on March 11th at SCRAM, then on May 6th there was 0.781% remaining of the I-131 inventory. Three half lives later, May 30, there would be less than 0.1% (roughly 0.098). Of this, if the ratio above is correct, only 0.001% of the I-131 at this time would be converting to Xe-131m.

Xe-131m, as stated, has a half life of 12 days. This means that, 8 days after the scram (March 19th) half the I-131 would be gone, and 12 days after that (March 31) half of the Xe-131m would be gone. Taking this further, on May 6th I-131 hits 0.781% left, and 84 days later (July 31st) Xe-131m hits 0.781%. At this point the decay rate is incredibly slow compared to day one.

Then on Aug 9 they find a reading of Xe-131m at 4.7 X 10¹ Bq/cm3. This is 5 orders of magnitude greater than the most recent findings in the 10-⁴/10-⁵ range. In Tepcos report on the recent findings, posted earlier, they state that the levels of the new findings (10-⁴/10-⁵) aren't high enough to show criticality, and they would have to be 4 orders of magnitude higher to confirm criticality was ongoing.

Aug 9 it was 5 orders of magnitude higher and what ever amount was residual from March 11 had to be insignificant. We had a clear indicator of criticality occur and no on the web except EX-SKF and our very own PC picked up on it. Way to go PC. Peeps should go back and star the heck out of her two posts back then;
Bottom of page www.abovetopsecret.com...
Top of page www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
From Fukushima Diary.

About the measurement of Xenon at reactor 2,Tepco downplayed it with their word game.
According to their explanation,it was a temporary spontaneous fission,which can be observed even at a stopped reactor,and it was not from Uranium,but from Curium.

If Tepco says so,maybe it wasn’t.

Today Dr.C.Busby sent me his analysis.

The activity ratio of 0.85 reported by TEPCO can only result from an enriched
Uranium fission having occurred about 50 hours before the samples were measured.
or an explosive criticality which occurred 60 hours before the measurements. What
these results confirm is that there is on-going fission occurring at the site.
The identification of prompt criticality is straightforward in samples obtained or
measured within a few hours of the event.

At the moment,I’m asking him about the comparison of the curium” theory” and his theory.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Before and After Pictures of "Tidy Robot" Unit 3

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Excellent explanation Z!! Comprehensible to the average person!! You have a fabulous knack to be able take gobbly-gook, complex info and put it in layman terms. Thank you!!

Waiting for the day when all this crap is no longer detected....unfortunately, got a long time to go...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Citizens launch cherry tree-planting project to remember March tsunami

RIKUZENTAKATA, Japan, Nov. 6, Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/11/124501.html

A citizens' group launched a project Sunday to plant cherry trees in a line connecting the furthest inland points reached by the March 11 tsunami, in an effort to commemorate the disaster.

Volunteers began by planting trees in Rikuzentakata, Iwate Prefecture, in a line that will eventually stretch 173 kilometers with 17,300 cherry trees planted every 10 meters.

"It's our responsibility to preserve the memory of the great tsunami for future generations," said Takumi Hashizume, the 34-year-old leader of the group, who lost his house and company in the disaster.

"I lost many friends and acquaintances. If we had known that (our area) was at risk of being hit by tsunami, the casualties would have been lower," he said.

Atsuko Kin, 66, a local resident who offered a plot of her land for the project, said, "I'm all for the project. I intend to keep urging my children and grandchildren to maintain their guard against tsunami."

Copyright 2011 Kyodo News

new topics

top topics

<< 1109  1110  1111    1113  1114  1115 >>

join