Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1105
<< 1102  1103  1104    1106  1107  1108 >>

join

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
From Tepco's press release PC cites, they state this about the spraying going on around R5 and R6

Continuous release!!!!! At the pressure we saw. Are you kidding me. And as we saw on Tepcos vid of the spraying, THERE ARE NO FUKING CUT DOWN TREES WHERE YOU ARE SPRAYING YOU FUKING LIAR TEPCO!!!!!!

One more atrocity unfolding. The murder of Fukushima and northern Japan continues unabated. And the govt of Japan, as well as the co-conspirators of the US, UK and French govts, all do their best to divert attention to other issues.

Poor idiots. When they decided to wag the dog, they forgot to check what kind of dog it was, and it turned out to be a pit bull that's growling and about to turn on these fools.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hey! They have already shut down 44 out of 54. Is anybody sitting in the dark in Japan? Do all the empty skyscrapers turn their lights off at night? I think folks can make these plants obsolete just through conservation. Add a grant system for home owners to go solar and there is no shortage.

Oh, and I found a big PDF
www.ippnw.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

10/22 Large Jump in Cesium Discharge Channel

Second graph....looks like something BIG happened on Oct. 22...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Heck it jumped up to levels found back in April!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 28-10-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

That reading occurred on the day after the steam event on the 22. And that makes sense as the wind direction for that event was to the north, which meant that the steam blew over this discharge line. But its a pretty significant jump, and have to think theres more involved.

Another thing to check is the monitoring posts. The ones to the north and northwest should pick up this plume of steam from the 22 since it moves so low to the ground.
edit on 28-10-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by Wertwog

One thing that's driving me nuts is why we would have pressure readings in RPV's when we know we've had 'melt through'

Yeah, that bothers me too. Its a wag the dog. Say it often enough and people will accept it as fact. Unfortunately, even the independent and public media news networks are saying things like "pressure and temperature are now stabilizing in the reactors".

All I can think is 'what fugging reactors?'

Again, let me throw out an idea.

As the fuel was melting, you have a variety of materials that are melting together. I'd imagine that this is a slower process. As the fuel melted down to where the control rods came up through the containment, it probably took some time to burn through enough to allow the molten mass to start flowing out these holes.

In the mean time, they started pumping sea water into various channels.

The sea water could then re-harden the poolium enough that it blocks the exits itself.

This then would allow some pressure to build up.

So, I'm postulating that not all of the fuel was able to melt out before they were injecting coolant and this re-hardened mass is unto itself, blocking the holes in the bottoms of the reactors.

I think you could be right about that. Its one of the reasons Ive been interested in the salt buildup. According to an NRC leaked memo, they surmised early on that some fuel had exited but the salt buldup had plugged things up, and the remaining fuel left in the RPVs wasnt getting any water, while that which had escaped was. Its an interesting theory. However, other data doesnt support this, if sensors are functioning, which they probably arent.

I can see this happening to R2, but think R1 and R3 progressed faster, before enough salt buildup occurred.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

One thing that's driving me nuts is why we would have pressure readings in RPV's when we know we've had 'melt through'

Yeah, that bothers me too. Its a wag the dog. Say it often enough and people will accept it as fact. Unfortunately, even the independent and public media news networks are saying things like "pressure and temperature are now stabilizing in the reactors".

All I can think is 'what fugging reactors?'

Again, let me throw out an idea.

As the fuel was melting, you have a variety of materials that are melting together. I'd imagine that this is a slower process. As the fuel melted down to where the control rods came up through the containment, it probably took some time to burn through enough to allow the molten mass to start flowing out these holes.

In the mean time, they started pumping sea water into various channels.

The sea water could then re-harden the poolium enough that it blocks the exits itself.

This then would allow some pressure to build up.

So, I'm postulating that not all of the fuel was able to melt out before they were injecting coolant and this re-hardened mass is unto itself, blocking the holes in the bottoms of the reactors.

I think you could be right about that. Its one of the reasons Ive been interested in the salt buildup. According to an NRC leaked memo, they surmised early on that some fuel had exited but the salt buldup had plugged things up, and the remaining fuel left in the RPVs wasnt getting any water, while that which had escaped was. Its an interesting theory. However, other data doesnt support this, if sensors are functioning, which they probably arent.

I can see this happening to R2, but think R1 and R3 progressed faster, before enough salt buildup occurred.

Problem I have with salt buildup is that salt has a melting point of 801 C. I think I read that the poolium went well above that, or maybe not?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Some new footage of the site. The stills seem to be from about July, forward.I grabbed a nice screen cap of the east corner of #1 with crane before the tent. Steel plates everywhere {duel purpose I'm sure.}

And the link
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Greenpeace slams 'alarming gaps' in EU nuclear stress tests

"Multiple-reactor failure that struck at Fukushima was supposed to be examined, but is missing in results. The threat of airplane crashes were also a promised part of tests, but are largely ignored."

Talks between Utah nuclear plant planners, feds ‘well under way’

Blue Castle Holdings assembled key consultants to update the NRC on the work they are doing on environmental, community and earthquake questions. Their answers will be included in an "early site application" Blue Castle is expected to submit to the NRC in early 2013.

Thursday’s meeting at NRC headquarters outside of Washington, D.C., coincided with a meeting in Green River of people drafting the evacuation plans for the area surrounding the proposed plant. The two 1,500-megawatt nuclear reactors would be built about six miles from the central eastern Utah community at a projected cost of around $13 billion.

The Blue Castle consultants have already conducted archaeological and environmental surveys at the proposed plant site, part of a new industrial park being developed by Emery County. The company also has set up a weather-tracking tower and drilled core samples to study earthquake patterns in the area.

Yup, just add some pork & beans in the form of a weather tracking facility and a shiny new industrial park and the locals will be happy.
What about the Green River I fished as a kid.

Rbrtj
edit on 28-10-2011 by rbrtj because: mad as hell

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Problem I have with salt buildup is that salt has a melting point of 801 C. I think I read that the poolium went well above that, or maybe not?

Sea salt is an amazing thing. It melts into a liquid that is highly corrosive and reactive. As it cools it forms a crust around the corium. At one time it was studied for use as a nuclear reactor fuel/coolant medium. the following is from

home.earthlink.net...

Molten Salt is a rather dreadful name for an otherwise useful catagory of materials & processes. The term "Molten Salt" is self-descriptive; it is melted salt(s). Another common name is Fused Salt(s). The simplest example of a molten salt would be to take sodium chloride ("table salt") and heat it to a red heat (greater than 801° C, or 1474° F)1 where it would melt into a liquid. This liquid is stable, has a heat capacity similar to water (by volume) and flows much like water does....... Salts are simple, usually ionic (that is the chemical bonds are a simple ionic type) and stable compounds. The most common example of which is "table salt", or sodium chloride (NaCl). Both sodium and chlorine are notoriously reactive; sodium is one of the most electropositive substances (wants to lose an electron) & chlorine one of the most electronegative (wants to take an electron). These two opposite substances readily join to form stable sodium chloride via a strong ionic bond.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by dashen

I was being sarcastic. Check my signature and you'll find a link to the most comprehensive Fukushima thread I've found on ATS so far. It's by "thorfourwinds". I've been following this for a while.

Greetings:

Thank you for your consideration and participation and we are honored by your kind words.

We endeavor to help bring the truth to the under-informed, so we, the people, can make educated decisions based on the facts - and not the MSM/TEPCO/JAPGOV/IAEA/USGOV/EPA/FDA/NOAA/CDC/DHS/NRC spin - that may actually mean the difference between [color=orane]life as we experienced it before 3/11, and the [color=limegreen]nuclear radiation-poisoned hell and eventual death that awaits all life on this planet if nothing is done to first curtail, and then stop the 24/7/365 radiation spewing from the multiple melt-throughs at Fukushima.

We are merely another cog in the wheel and if you, dear reader, are a true seeker of information and want to partake of THE comprehensive thread on the Fukushima Daiichi disaster/fiasco, please join us at Japan declares a 'nuclear emergency' after quake and post your most-welcome comments.

We are all in this together and the opposition has conveniently identified themselves by their words and deeds.

6 June 2011
Fukushima Nuclear Fuel Leaking Into Groundwater,
Tepco Says Barrier Too Expensive, Will Hurt Stock Price

Japan is reporting that Fukushima nuclear fuel has burned through the containment vessel and is sitting on the concrete foundation of the plant leaking into the groundwater.

TEPCO says an underground barrier needed to stop the molten lava from spreading in groundwater will cost too much money and will hurt their stock price.
Japanese government officials have echoed this statement and have called on TEPCO to build an underground concrete barrier beneath the reactor which would be the only way to stop the molten fuel that is now leaking into the groundwater.

TEPCO so far is refusing to do so because the cost of  the project will be over 100 billion yen.

And the beat goes on:

20 October 2011
220 days later: Radiation levels in San Francisco-area milk remain above EPA’s Max Contaminant Level — Cesium-137 continues steady increase that began in August

’Radiation-free cows are happy cows,’ moos Molly in Bolinas, California.

And now, from today’s news that’s not news on your local MSM.

27 October 2011
Fukushima disaster caused world's biggest nuclear sea spill

The IRSN cites deep-water fish, fish at the top of the marine food chain and molluscs
and other filtrating organisms as "the species that are the most sensitive" to caesium pollution.
Photograph by: REUTERS/Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force/Handout

But, confirming previous assessments, it said caesium levels had been hugely diluted by ocean currents and, except for near-shore species, posed no discernible threat.

We guess that means everything is all right and we can go back to our homes, UNLESS you happen to be a “near-shore species.”

From the Wayback Machine:

There is a gap between them and us.

Between the phoney scientists and the public who don’t believe what they say.

Between those who are employed and paid to protect us from radioactive pollution and those who die from its consequences.

Between those who talk down what is arguably
the greatest public health scandal in human history, and the facts that they ignore.

Sound familiar?

And from the same individual:

“[color=limegreen]Let’s wipe the Tokyo Electric Power Company and the General Electric officials and policy makers off the face of the Earth, as they manifestly deserve.”...

Peace Love Light
tfw

Liberty & Equality

or

Revolution

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
(continued from previous post)

From March 21 to mid-July, 27.1 peta becquerels of caesium 137 entered the sea, the Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety (IRSN) said.

One peta becquerel is a million billion bequerels, or 10 to the power of 15.

Of the total, 82 percent entered the sea before April 8, through water that was pumped into the Fukushima's damaged reactor units in a bid to cool them down, it said.

This is another example of nukespeak/doublethink that is intended to make your head spin, or is it just us having difficulty in envisioning 82% of 27.1 million billion becquerels?

"This is the biggest single outflow of man-made radionuclides to the marine environment ever observed," the agency said in a press release.

Caesium is a slow-decaying element, taking 30 years to lose half of its radioactivity.

The IRSN said large quantities of iodine 131 also entered the sea as a result of the disaster, caused by the March 11 9.0-magnitude quake that occurred off northeastern Japan.

Enter the spin zone:

But iodine 131 decays quickly, having a half-life of eight days, and the contamination "swiftly diminished," the report said.

The IRSN said that, for the Pacific generally, caesium levels would ultimately stabilise at 0.004 becquerels per litre thanks to the diluting effect of powerful ocean currents.

This is twice the concentration that prevailed during atmospheric nuclear testing in the 1960s.

"These levels should not have an impact in terms of radiological safety," the IRSN said.

However, "significant pollution of seawater on the coast near the damaged plant could persist," because of continuing runoff of contaminated rainwater from the land, it said.

"Maintaining monitoring of marine species taken in Fukushima's coastal waters is justified," it said.

The IRSN cited [color=limegreen]deep-water fish, fish at the top of the marine food chain and molluscs and other filtrating organisms as 'the species that are the most sensitive' to caesium pollution.

...caesium levels would ultimately stabilise at 0.004 becquerels per litre...

0.004 becquerels per liter!

Every liter in the whole blessed ocean? Please tell us that this is a misreading on our part, please do tell us.

Are we to understand from this statement that the entire Pacific Ocean’s level of caesium contamination has already doubled since 3/11 as a direct result of the intentional dumping by TEPCO of highly radioactive water - let alone hot reactor pressure vessel parts, fuel cell assemblies (actually, parts thereof), and whatever else has been secretly ensconced in those mega-float barges and/or tossed overboard?

Ensconced hell!

The amounts of water that TEPCO has admitted to vary from report to report, but it is in the millions of gallons and they are probably using the mega-bloats as “ocean cooling ponds” for the really hot stuff they picked with the crane at night, concealed by light and camera-angle.

This is nothing short of world-wide environmental warfare!

[color=limegreen]The largest industrial accident in the history of mankind has now been eclipsed by the planet’s most severe environmental challenge!

And these morons mentioned above (TEPCO/JAPGOV/IAEA/USGOV/EPA/FDA/NOAA/CDC/DHS/NRC) will continue down the same path, unless something changes- and changes now, or we’re at risk as a species- as are all other living things, flora and fauna alike, on this fragile Earth - [color=orane]our only home.

We are pleased and honored to share another member's views on this precarious subject.

Tallone

We cannot say it better.

Peace Love Light
tfw

Liberty & Equality

or

Revolution

edit on 28/10/2011 by thorfourwinds because: color

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
They seem to be verifying that N. America got hammered in March. I'd like to see some more recent findings.

And the link
enenews.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is a very strange page but I'll take info where ever I can find it. It seems Tepco will almost double the amount of water being pumped into #1, and we have confirmation of a sheared axle shaft casing on the crane at the CSFP.
atomicpowerreview.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Japan's leaders must face country's 'latent' possession of nuclear weapons

The call to eliminate our dependence on nuclear power has become widespread since the crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant began. And yet, our leaders have failed to make any mention of the country's latent nuclear weapons capacity. The true elimination of our dependence on nuclear power, however, must include our abandonment of nuclear weapons possession. The decisions we face now hold the key to the security of our country. (By Taro Maki, Expert Senior Writer)

mdn.mainichi.jp...

A new tone, every day, what a nice Place to be!
edit on 29-10-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Corium can exceed 5000 degrees in some cases. That's why we have no conventional tech to contain it. I was stuck on the salt build up issue until it was explained that any time they switch to desalinated water, it'll clear it out pretty quick - why distilled water is good for you, as it brings excess salts and nasties in salt form outta your body.

So salt buildup may have been an issue for a while when the US was going on about freshwater, but we all know that US 'freshwater' barge was riding very high for being full of water.. cover to bring all the weapon cores etc out..

The reactions and corrosion it produces are not a good thing though.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Sent this email off to our radiological testing agency in New Zealand:

Hi,

I'm wondering what testing if any has been done after the triple meltdown and fuel pool melt scenario at fukushima?

Your website states there is no risk from this accident, which is absolute bollocks, they are reading 4usv/hour off water and dust samples from cars being wiped down in Australia, so we definitely have contamination here in New Zealand, almost any of which could cause cancer in the right scenario. Aerosolised particles from chernobyl were found in Antarctica, fukushima is at least 3-4x worse by fuel amount and composition, being the worst industrial disaster in history. Internal contamination (dust/aerosolised particles) is very harmful in the lungs, not to mention accumulation through eating/drinking contaminated dairy products, which have a very high cesium contamination throughout the world currently. So please don't bother trying to sell me the usual 'external exposure' rubbish (xray/plane flight etc etc) that many govt bodies seem to set standards by.

As public servants under the Ministry of Health, I demand you provide me with any information relating to current levels of radiological contamination in foodstuffs, rainwater and also air. Especially cesium contamination levels in our milk.

Also what equipment do you use to take measurements?

Thank you for your time, cooperation and information,

(Ghostrider)

See how they go. www.nrl.moh.govt.nz... is their website.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
This is a very strange page but I'll take info where ever I can find it. It seems Tepco will almost double the amount of water being pumped into #1, and we have confirmation of a sheared axle shaft casing on the crane at the CSFP.

And to quote from the above;

-TEPCO has also announced that it will drastically increase the amount of water being injected to No. 1 reactor in order to cut down on evaporation inside the structure. It appears that the high humidity environment is hampering the ability to work inside, so TEPCO will increase the feed rate through the feed line (normal feedwater injection line) upward from 4 cubic meters per hour to 7.5 cubic meters per hour over four days. When the conditions of the plant are ascertained at that point TEPCO will further increase water flow. This will also reduce drastically any gaseous emissions to the enclosure from the damaged reactor.

I need help with this one. Can someone explain to me how adding water to melted fuel in an enclosed area will lower humidity and reduce gaseous emissions, (which according to below contain radioactive airborne contaminants).

Or is this more BS to mask the need for greater amounts of water into the hole that the fuel once was.

TEPCO is almost ready to place the gas handling system (improvised arrangement) at No. 2 reactor plant (to handle gases in the primary containment) into operation. This system will filter out radioactive airborne contaminants. Similar systems will be employed eventually at all three reactors.

How come now that they get ready to hopefully reduce emissions, they admit emissions are occurring. When the reactors were belching out steam and smoke night after night, did we ever see Tepco mention the radioactivity in the steam. (Or as Tepco would say......what steam?)

Finally, airborne releases from Fukushima Daiichi continue to decline .. contrary to many reports on anti-nuclear sites .. as shown by these two panels from a report issued by the Japanese Prime Minister's office.

Ya gotta love these pro nuke sites, ever faithful to their insanity. Dont listen to those anti-nuke agitators. The nukers have proof everything is fine from the Prime Ministers office. And the Japanese govt have been a shining example of forthright honesty and scientific integrity. Sort of........OK, not at all, but thats not the point.....wait a minute....yes it is....nevermind.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Corium can exceed 5000 degrees in some cases. That's why we have no conventional tech to contain it. I was stuck on the salt build up issue until it was explained that any time they switch to desalinated water, it'll clear it out pretty quick - why distilled water is good for you, as it brings excess salts and nasties in salt form outta your body.

So salt buildup may have been an issue for a while when the US was going on about freshwater, but we all know that US 'freshwater' barge was riding very high for being full of water.. cover to bring all the weapon cores etc out..

The reactions and corrosion it produces are not a good thing though.

I think its still an issue other than corrosion (which in the SFPs that havent been flushed could really be a problem) but not to the reactors. I dont think thyey ever got water, or much. The salt water was injected into the downcomer (I think thats what its called), putting the water on the outside of the RPV. Inside the RPV with no water for coolant, the core undoubtedly torched the reactor. But once the corium made it into the DW and then basement, it would have encountered water, and cooled down. Salt has shown that it will then form a crust around the corium (I Have to refind the cite). This is potentially the condition of some of the melted fuel.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

I loved that

We all should be more involved and we all should increase our pressure as Citizens,
do not forget- you still have legal Rights and the Government should protect you
as well as your Country!

Our governmental Guy said to me "a walk in a Garden Center
is more harmful than the Radiation from F'Shima",
he said this because of all the Fertilizer and the Radioactivity they emit,
but we wont live in a Garden Center for the next years!

Let us continue:

Cesium-137 flow into sea 30 times greater than stated by TEPCO: report

PARIS (Kyodo) -- The amount of radioactive cesium-137 that flowed into the Pacific after the start of Japan's nuclear crisis was probably nearly 30 times the amount stated by Tokyo Electric Power Co. in May, according to a recent report by a French research institute.

The Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety said the amount of the isotope that flowed into the ocean from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant between March 21 and mid-July reached an estimated 27.1 quadrillion becquerels. A quadrillion is equivalent to 1,000 trillion.

Of the amount, 82 percent had flowed into the sea by April 8, according to the study, which noted that the amount released as a result of the disaster triggered by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami was unprecedented.
mdn.mainichi.jp...

High levels of radiation detected in Tokyo's Setagaya, link to Fukushima unlikely

The science ministry also

detected 110 microsieverts per hour

of radiation on the premises of the supermarket, about 25 meters away from the first spot, where the ward office had earlier detected 30 to 40 microsieverts per hour of radiation. The science ministry asked the supermarket and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, which is in charge of managing the sidewalk, to dig up the ground to find the cause of the abnormally high levels of radiation.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

And the final Chapter:

Journalist determined to get story of nuke disaster victims to the world (Part 6)

There were about 78,000 people living in what is now the exclusion zone around the Fukushima No. 1 plant, and so there are 78,000 different kinds of fear of radiation, 78,000 different shades of frustration at being unable to return to their home, their birthplace. Even so, listening to the victims of the March 11 disasters, eating the same food and harboring the same anxieties, I feel strongly that I want to share the full range of human emotion with them.

There is no sign yet of when the crisis at the Fukushima plant will be resolved or when the evacuees will be able to return home, if ever. As long as the people of the nuclear disaster zone continue their struggle with radiation, I hope to stick close to them, and keep getting their stories to the world. (By Keisaku Jinbo, Science and Environment News Department)

Please read the whole Story:
edit on 29-10-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-10-2011 by Human0815 because: add info

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

That is a new note. There will probably be more of those kinds of stories to prepare people for the possibility of weapons production taking place. If it is, of course. it still isnt proven at all

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

Unit 1 - Big jump in Cooling Water

www.tepco.co.jp...

Crack in Casing Axle - CSFP

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

new topics
top topics

<< 1102  1103  1104    1106  1107  1108 >>

join