It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1098.htm
<< 1095  1096  1097    1099  1100  1101 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir

Deutsche Presse-Agentur - Critics urge Japan to widen nuclear evacuation zone

By Takehiko Kambayashi Oct 20, 2011, 9:05 GMT

www.monstersandcritics.com/news/asiapacific/news/article_1670038.php/Critics-urge-Japan-to-widen-nuclear-evacuation-zone

And from the same article

Experts and locals said woodlands that cover 71 per cent of Fukushima prefecture have been highly contaminated.

Most areas of the prefecture are showing radiation levels above 5.2 millisieverts per year, one leading critic said, adding that any area in a nuclear power plant showing those levels would be declared out of bounds to anyone under 18. But the government has deliberately raised thresholds to minimize the economic impact on the prefecture, said Hiroaki Koide, an assistant professor at Kyoto University's Research Reactor Institute.

In mid-April, authorities said they set up the 20-kilometre no-go zone around the plant because that was where the risk of exposure was estimated to be more than 20 millisieverts per year. Koide said that threshold is too high. But, he added, the government could not make it any lower, or most of the prefecture would have to be evacuated, causing a national-level crisis.

'So they believed that they had no choice but to expose residents to radiation,' he said.

And anyone who thinks it would be different in the US is right. It would be worse. By now, dissenters like us would have their computers fried, blogs would disappear, the MSM would be blasting anti-nuke activists as chicken littles trying to destroy the economy. You know, like with the Deepwater Horizon last year.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
reply to post by matadoor

Arnie still doesnt come up with a reason for the prompt criticality. To me that can only be explained by the earlier blast that occurs underground, the pulse that was on the original footage and that has since been erased. The jolting caused by this initial blast would have caused the prompt. Of course this is just theory.

I have an original documentary from TV saved on my DVR. I posted many pages ago here, stills of this footage that I concluded was edited for the effect of hiding flashes. Normally, action shots fade-in from a black screen. During the duration of this particular documentary, the shots are faded-in from a white screen; thereby veiling any 'real' occurring bright flashes prior to the cloud plume...

I've put-off getting the segment in question uploaded due to my unsavory indignation to watch the damn thing over and over. I knew to save it because I would be sharing it. I'll have it together and ready for viewing soon.

Everybody take care now. Oh, and thanks for the continued efforts by all.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Originally posted by zworld

Arnie still doesnt come up with a reason for the prompt criticality. To me that can only be explained by the earlier blast that occurs underground, the pulse that was on the original footage and that has since been erased. The jolting caused by this initial blast would have caused the prompt. Of course this is just theory.

I have an original documentary from TV saved on my DVR. I posted many pages ago here, stills of this footage that I concluded was edited for the effect of hiding flashes. Normally, action shots fade-in from a black screen. During the duration of this particular documentary, the shots are faded-in from a white screen; thereby veiling any 'real' occurring bright flashes prior to the cloud plume...

I've put-off getting the segment in question uploaded due to my unsavory indignation to watch the damn thing over and over. I knew to save it because I would be sharing it. I'll have it together and ready for viewing soon.

Everybody take care now. Oh, and thanks for the continued efforts by all.

Ive seen a couple of examples of the pre blast pulse taken out. One was where the pulse directly above the switching yard had been photoshopped out, but you could still see the definition of it in the clouds; where the vid was spliced and you could tell from pixels popping out of place; and where the beginning is actually a frozen frame and then it goes into the R3 blast, cutting out the pre blast completely. All of em piss me off.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Arnie claims that cesium is revolitalizing and that accounts for the rise in cesium in Tokyo air filters. The Phebus experiments have shown this to be possible. I think this might be one of the source's, but dont think its all by a long shot. Nor does it explain the recent uptick in cesium in ocean soil off Soma City. It would take a serious plume to produce this type of surge. Me thinks more is coming from Fuku than Tepco admits.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

I apologize I'19999 still trying to catch up....if you are gone only 3 days it's difficult with information
flying by so fast. As far as Mad Cow Disease there was a great study done which pertained (as far as I recall at the moment) that had to do with copper & different elements from the atomic table mixed in the soil so certain areas where more probable to infection. If interested u2u me as I don't want to distract from the thread.

However only reason I'm responding to this question is that in Vet Tech school we were told that nothing will or can kill the Prions from Mad Cow or CJD (Creutzfeldt Jacob Disease the human form)....not even radiation.
So since the incubation period for Mad Cow Disease in people is ~ 15 yrs plus...some scientist think that some people diagnosed with Alzheimer may have CJD....however they are rarely tested due to instruments once used cannot be sterilized since the prions cannot be killed. Things may have changed as this was in 1999. However we don't test much beef in the USA & the gov would not allow private farms to test even if they paid for the testing.
No intention of derailing thread...so glad that Wert, Purple, Jaded, Human, Q, RJB, 4 Winds, Ghost Rider, AC, ZWorld & so many others are still here reporting & especially happy to see Silver back! A huge thanks to ALL of you!

Cheers,
Ektar

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
New Caldicott video. And she states that Fukushima is camouflage for a bomb factory. That sounds vaguely familiar. She goes even farther and says that any country that has a nuke power plant has an illegal bomb factory.

Is it possible to check the plutonium being found and see if it was being refined and not just fuel. Hmmmm?

www.linktv.org...

Also, a bizarre new Tepco vid that drops into the upper floors of R3. This ones too surreal for words. See EX SKF for that one.

ON EDIT: And now that Helen has in a way co-signed the potential for the UC weapons factory to exist, since Fukushima is the most likely suspect for a bomb factory, I'd like to stretch my theory further. The pre blast, that many of us saw before the vids were tampered with, not only jostled the SFP into prompt criticality, but the reactor as well. And the reactor did blow its top, only not how people thought. the steel used is defective, cracks occurring everywhere. This led to the cap splitting in half with some bolts holding and others not. Half of the cap was launched at an angle accounting for part of the roof beam destruction. It landed to the south of R4 between R4s power station and the steel structure holding up the two big pipes that disappear into the southend complex. This is the area that was cordoned off from day one, and where the original 1 Sv debris was found, and where they buried stuff right away. It has since been removed. My 2 cents.

Also, madderdoc from PF thoroughly analyzed the R3 blast and always found it to be two blasts. (He didnt analyze the pre blast, which makes it three blasts actually). These two could be the SFP going first, followed by the RPV. Just another thought.
edit on 22-10-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Tepco ‘Deal With Devil’ Signals End to Japan’s Postwar Era

Still, officials in both the U.S. and Japan had to work on persuading the public that nuclear technology could have a civilian use. Nuclear supporters in Japan were helped by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, says Tetsuo Arima, a professor of media studies at Tokyo’s Waseda University who studied declassified documents on postwar relations between the two countries in the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration to establish the link.

Among the CIA’s Japanese allies in the propaganda effort was Matsutaro Shoriki, owner of the Yomiuri newspaper and Nippon Television, Japan’s first commercial TV station. The newspaper -- now the world’s biggest with 10 million copies published daily -- wrote a series of pro-nuclear articles from Jan. 1954 viewed by the U.S. government as a success, according to the book “Nuclear Power, Shoriki and the CIA,” written by Arima and published in 2008.

More to read:

Journalists keep close eye on Fukushima nuclear worker radiation exposure (Part 3)

Radiation exposure amounts and the results of regular medical exams are supposed to be stated clearly on each worker's radiation management record. If workers suffer from cancer in the future, there will be no proof of the causal relationship between their radiation exposure and the disease unless such data is included in their radiation management records, making them ineligible for workers' accident compensation benefits.

Chapter 1.:
Chapter 2.:
Chapter 3.:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Struggling Japanese Green Tea Producers Tap U.S. Market

jen.jiji.com/jc/eng?g=eco&k=2011102100653

Chicago, Oct. 20 (Jiji Press)--A group of Japanese green tea producers introduced their teas to the food industry of the United States at a promotional event in Chicago Thursday, in a bid to tap the U.S. tea market amid struggling sales at home.

The event was organized chiefly by Japan's consulate-general in Chicago to promote exports of Japanese green tea to the U.S. market, where it has been attracting more consumers. Japanese sweets were also served at the event.

In Japan, radiation scares stemming from Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, which was crippled by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, are still affecting the sales of green tea producers.

(...)

(2011/10/21-17:18)

TEPCO Links March 15 Blast Sound to No. 4 Reactor

jen.jiji.com/jc/eng?g=eco&k=2011102101003

Tokyo, Oct. 21 (Jiji Press)--Tokyo Electric Power Co. concluded Friday that an explosion heard on the early morning of March 15 at the ravaged Fukushima No. 1 plant resulted from a blast at the No. 4 reactor building, not at the No. 2 reactor.

TEPCO reached the conclusion based on its estimation using the data of seismometers at five locations in the plant. The power utility estimates that the vibratory motion detected at 6:12 a.m. on that day originated from the No. 4 reactor.

The company assumes that the explosion at the No. 4 reactor of the plant knocked out by the March 11 quake and tsunami was caused by hydrogen that streamed from the No. 3 reactor, which suffered a meltdown.

(...)

(2011/10/21-23:41)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I have spent the last 3 hours trying to find a version of the reactor 3 explosion that looks "modified" as some have stated.

www.youtube.com...

That's just about the clearest version of the explosion that I can find, and I simply don't see where it's been altered.

I watched this live at the time, and don't recall seeing anything other than this explosion exactly this way, so I'd appreciate some thoughts on "what else" took place.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
House of Japan/Kyodo - Japan to test cedar pollen for radiation

Friday, 21 October 2011

www.houseofjapan.com/local/japan-to-test-cedar-pollen-for-radiation

The Forestry Agency will test cedar pollen in Fukushima Prefecture for radiation from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, agency officials said Friday.

If high radiation levels are detected, the agency may incorporate the test data into cedar pollen dispersal forecasts that the Environment Ministry will announce later this year before the pollen starts dispersing in the early spring.

The agency has requested the costs for the radiation test in a pending third supplementary budget for fiscal 2011 so as to conduct it as early as next month.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Every analysis of nuke power I have seen has shown it to be unprofitable, unless nuclear weaponry processing is taken into account. Pretty simple really.

The original oztvwatcher video showed R3 with a compression wave preceding the main central explosion column event. edit: which usually indicates a detonation. Fukushima TV owns the copyright but it's a public broadcast. Oztvwatcher has never replied to me for some reason.

I'm off work after rugby world cup finishes tomorrow, so will be more frequently posting around here. It has been awesome reading the thread in the meanwhile - thank you to everyone!
edit on 22/10/11 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
I have spent the last 3 hours trying to find a version of the reactor 3 explosion that looks "modified" as some have stated.

www.youtube.com...

That's just about the clearest version of the explosion that I can find, and I simply don't see where it's been altered.
I watched this live at the time, and don't recall seeing anything other than this explosion exactly this way, so I'd appreciate some thoughts on "what else" took place.

M, this is a classic version of the modified crop, one of the better ones. You can see the splice job at 2:00 exactly. If you tilt your screen to darken the image you will notice that pixels pop followed immediately by the R3 explosion. The original showed a flash pulse to the right of the R1R2 exhaust stack a fraction of a second before the blast. It could almost be felt as the whole area seems to have a heartbeat and then boom. This pulse and flash came from underground IMHO.

The first mods I saw were photoshopped, but most are either the splice above or where the cam is frozen and then kicks in at the explosion. The latter you can tell by the fact that there is no pixel movement whatsoever until the blast.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Early on there were rumors that radioactive material was being taken offsite to go who knows where. This could be some of it. Fukushima Diary thinks so. converting the 276,000 Bq/kg to square meter equals 17,940,000 Bq/m2.

fukushima-diary.com... +%28Fukushima+Diary%29

ON EDIT: the only problem I have with this being a dumpsite is because its in the heart of a city. But if this is a dump site then what is happening in rural areas and the mountains closer to Fukushima Daiichi. 90% of Fukushima prefecture is woodlands.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Press Release
NNSA Releases Raw Data from Radiation Monitoring Efforts in Japan

Oct 21, 2011

www.nnsa.energy.gov/mediaroom/pressreleases/japandata

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Following the earthquake and subsequent tsunami that devastated Japan, the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) is today releasing the raw radiation monitoring data it collected in response to the events at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station.

For ten weeks following the natural disaster, NNSA scientists utilized U.S. Air Force aircraft operated out of Yokota Air Base to collect data during more than 500 flight hours of aerial surveys to measure radiation levels associated with radioactive material deposited on the ground surrounding the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station.

“NNSA’s commitment to assisting the Japanese people in the aftermath of a devastating natural disaster demonstrates the value of international cooperation in supporting the monitoring and clean-up of a nuclear incident,” said Under Secretary for Nuclear Security & Administrator for the National Nuclear Security Administration Thomas P. D’Agostino. “NNSA’s unique capabilities played an important role in responding to this tragedy, and we are committed to the transparency of our data and information.”

After deploying its Consequence Management Response Team and Aerial Measuring System, the Department of Energy and NNSA have provided ongoing assistance to the Government of Japan to support dose assessment through collaboration on data analysis and quality control. NNSA also loaned the Government of Japan an Aerial Measuring System and other equipment to augment their capability.

A small NNSA team will return to Japan this month to provide further data collection and analysis support. Once these data have been collected and analyzed, results will also be widely available to the public for independent study and review.

Maps detailing the data collected from the flights can be found here. The data from the efforts mentioned above are now publicly available for download on Data.gov at the following links:

Field Team Radiological Measurements

Radiological Air Samples

Radiological Soil Samples

Raw Aerial Data and Extracted Ground Exposure Rates

Follow NNSA News on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr.

Established by Congress in 2000, NNSA is a semi-autonomous agency within the U.S. Department of Energy responsible for enhancing national security through the military application of nuclear science in the nation’s national security enterprise. NNSA maintains and enhances the safety, security, reliability, and performance of the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile without nuclear testing; reduces the global danger from weapons of mass destruction; provides the U.S. Navy with safe and effective nuclear propulsion; and responds to nuclear and radiological emergencies in the U.S. and abroad.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

www.youtube.com...

I've been out for a while ace, would you summarize the data points a little more concisely

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
High-Concentration Radioactive Cesium Found near Tokyo

jen.jiji.com/jc/eng?g=eco&k=2011102300009

Kashiwa, Chiba Pref., Oct. 22 (Jiji Press)--Radioactive cesium measuring a maximum of 276,000 becquerels per kilogram has been detected in underground soil in Kashiwa, Chiba Prefecture, northeast of Tokyo, the city government said Saturday.

The government believes that the contamination has nothing to do with the nuclear crisis at Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s stricken Fukushima No. 1 plant partly because of a low radiation level on the surface of the city-owned land in question.

But it plans to examine the discovery with the science and technology ministry, Kashiwa officials said.

The radioactive cesium was discovered after a maximum radiation level of 57.5 microsieverts per hour was registered at a point 30-40 centimeters below the surface of the land on Friday.

According to the city government, the radioactive cesium measured 155,300 becquerels in the topsoil and 192,000 to 276,000 becquerels in soil some 30 centimeters underground.

The city of Kashiwa purchased the land from the Finance Ministry in 1957 and constructed public housing and a dormitory for government personnel. It tore them down beginning in 1989 and the land is now vacant.

(2011/10/23-01:57)

edit on 22-10-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
ON EDIT: Now not so sure. this may only be a bad job of a splice or photoshopped where part is left in. The pulse that occurs in the sky and ground isnt there, just the initial flash pulse.
----------------
Heres an uncorrected version of the original R3 explosion from OZTVWATCHER.

www.youtube.com...

Tilt the screen to darken it and look just to the right of the R1R2 exhaust stack.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The most comprehensive, intelligent, account of the history of the disaster at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant!

Having said that,I must share.
My father,an intelligent news hound,like myself,came to visit me this weekend.
I have never discussed these events with him,since we rarely talk.
So,I asked him about Japan and the earthquake.
I asked him about the tsunami.
I asked him about the nuclear crisis in Japan.
He vaguely remembers anything about the earthquake and the tsunami.
The nuclear crisis,nothing.
Made me realize that about 99.99% of the population has not a clue about what has happened there ,or what continues to happen there.
He remembers well about Chernobyl and Three Mile Island,but nothing on what is currently going on with Fuku.
He was shocked of what I told him and showed him.
I have change his views on what the media puts out there.
Makes me feel good.
Chernobyl and Three Mile Island were in the news all the time.
What's different this time?
The control of info by the media and those who control them.
Didn't use to be like that,but the game has changed.

You guys are awesome in keeping the info flowing in this thread and I just want to thank each one of you.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

From this video Z World just posted, going frame by frame....I see the flash to the right & then it appears to be sucked in (not sure or not on this version), then also a small flash on the left as the shroom rises.

From what I remember I saw things differently in the original footage....the pre flashes, but also where things
were "sucked in" & then hugely expelled into the Big Explosion.
As I said before , Zorgon has a HUGE library of everything imaginable & he probably has the originals.
Thanks to ALL of you for ALL you not just for the hard work but for the MANY hours it takes to really be involved.
You are GREATLY Appreciated!

Cheers
Ektar
PS Z , I myself recall 3 as well.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Ektar, the flash I refer to is above R1. Is that the one you are referring to. Its in this vid but not as I remember it. Its totally different than what I remember of the original. in fact, I dont trust this video. it appeared out of nowhere and was the video in the center of the screen when the Tepco video of R3 (just released) ended. No, that one doesnt work. The flash is different and there is no heartbeat type pulse occurring in the ground and clouds.

I went through every video I could find over multiple days of searching looking for an unaltered version when I first realized that the urled vid from oztvwatcher was changed. And a chunk of time since. To all of a sudden have one appear that seems to have the pulse but not really doesnt work for me. Sorry Tepco, nice try.

top topics

<< 1095  1096  1097    1099  1100  1101 >>

join