It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1080.htm
<< 1077  1078  1079    1081  1082  1083 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Z - Glad ur back!! A little worried - you contribute so much to the thread. My two week escape this past July, technologically encumbered - helped a hell of a lot in the head!! When I did my master's thesis umpteen years ago on ubiquitous computing...the God "Technos"...had my doubts it would come to fruition...but it has. A challenge nowadays to find environs to escape.

Anyhow, glad ur ok...

- Purple Chive

Thanks PC. Two weeks is a longtime Im finding when threads expand as much as this and the EQ hoax thread have done. The real problem Im having is two weeks is the longest Ive been off the net for sometime, and I wasnt sure if I wanted to get online again. My stay in deep wilderness areas made me want to stay in deep wilderness areas.
But life goes on.

And thanks for staying on top of things. I see the weirdness surrounding trying to understanding Tepco hasnt improved and is getting worse. I give them 3 months before they file for bankruptcy.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Posted by Human

Spoke with a Cat-Women here who feed and take care the Street Cats, none had Babies this year!

i asked our Gardener as well and he said this year was bad for all of his Friends, not many Fruits and Vegetables!

When one adds up all of the different anomalies, its obvious that there has been a serious disruption of natural life processes. Earless rabbits. Seeds opening while still inside the fruit. No Baby kittens. etc etc etc. Hopefully someone is keeping a record of all of these occurrences for future learning. Im sure Tepco would appreciate that

--------------------------------
Link posted by PC

I couldnt believe what I read in the Dairy.

I managed to come back safely today. We couldn’t work at reactor 1 today, again. Last week,they said they detected 4% of hydrogen but it turned out to be over 100%. The current measurement tool is to detected only flammable gas, but Tepco says probably it is all hydrogen. We would have been all dead if we cut of the pipe. Unbelievable story, but as our original schedule, we didn’t plan to check the presence of flammable gas. The process was added the day before the day. It’s so scary. The measurement tool to detect only hydrogen is not in Fukushima plant right now.

My god, is there any hope at all. How can the Japanese gov allow a company to be in charge of controlling the most important cleanup of an environmental catastrophe ever when they dont even think ahead enough to check for the potential of a blast that would have killed many and blown a whole new round of radiation into the atmosphere. Mind boggling

And its great to see alot of the old posters getting involved again (even you Tallone, though just barely
) But I gotta say, as long as the possibility isnt considered of an underground complex starting the 3 explosion, and causing the vectoring seen, the debate will be lopsided. Just my opinion of course.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
www.earthfiles.com...
A very good read. Professor finds 10 times the official amount in his yard, 500 KM's [311 miles] from fuk.
I should be numb to this kind of news coming out by now, but between the world-wide continued silence/inaction and the constant ratcheting up of how bad this is, it still knocks me for a loop.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
reply to post by rbrtj

AFAIK nuke plants always leak, they are allowed to vent radioactive krypton all the time, which is probably why Fukushima has such tall stacks. Cancer rates around these horrific things are always higher for some strange reason, if they were so safe then that wouldn't be a problem right?

Thanks very much Wert for finding those posts, you must have some sort of psychic google/ATS link to be able to do it :p

The people on this planet at this moment have a 'way of life' that is being paid for by the probable destruction of the human genome and much of the life on the planet, all for a power source that contributes less than 13% (or less) to the grid. Source.......So, what's wrong with this picture?

There's just no getting around the fact that humans suck and are spectacular all at once. Our creative genius and stupidity are equally breathtaking.

Haha Ghost, just a highly developed sense of 'search'
combined with close to photographic memory. I "see" the pages and can recall (approximately) their position in the thread (if I don't see the exact number I usually can 'read' - in my mental snapshot - the first digit of the page number and that allows me to narrow the search). Doesn't always work, but its pretty reliable, especially for posts that meant something to me (get's imprinted more strongly).
edit on 2-10-2011 by Wertwog because: minor correction

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
A great but frightening analysis of North Anna's shutdown by our bud Potrblog. Can I say I'm stunned again ?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Thanks AC. Another fine example of why humans are currently demonstrating they CAN'T control this power, and I would argue shouldn't try. I tried at long length to get TRN to understand this, and people who say that nuke can be safe, just don't seem to get. Humans are humans who bring their stupidity, boredom and corner cutting to work every day. There are so many critical systems in these plants that can get fugged up. Basically it is a meal prepared by the devil... a nice greed steak with a side of cavalier attitude sprinkled with a bit of 'everything will be ok' (normalcy bias) topping. Sounds good don't it?

Alarms not functioning, seismic indicators not telling them how strong the quake was (do they test these alarms ever?)
Measuring components of the quake, not the entire impact
Wrong reactor shut down, most damaged reactor left in "hot shutdown" while least damaged reactor received "cold shutdown' protocol
Visual inspections of bolts and pipes (looks good so must be good)
Restart based on whether plant is leaking enough to function, not whether radiation leaking will impact the public
Quake was out of "design basis" of reactor #2... meaning the quake was too strong for this reactor to handle

This is just ONE plant that just happens to be right near the US capitol and some of the most heavily populated areas in the US.

edit on 2-10-2011 by Wertwog because: sigh

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

"Haha Ghost, just a highly developed sense of 'search' combined with close to photographic memory. I "see" the pages and can recall (approximately) their position in the thread (if I don't see the exact number I usually can 'read' - in my mental snapshot - the first digit of the page number and that allows me to narrow the search)."

As you have said several times to me, PROVE this....

I really want to see this one...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Funny you say that, there was stuff earlier in thread about seeding commercial fruit, particularly apples.. well.. first time ever; I had a seeding apple O_o I have saved the seed in wet paper and photographed it. Very peculiar.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
reply to post by Wertwog

"Haha Ghost, just a highly developed sense of 'search' combined with close to photographic memory. I "see" the pages and can recall (approximately) their position in the thread (if I don't see the exact number I usually can 'read' - in my mental snapshot - the first digit of the page number and that allows me to narrow the search)."

As you have said several times to me, PROVE this....

I really want to see this one...

I think I already have, lol, but sure, test me and I'll see what I can do. Might be fun.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Robot running around in Unit 3

- Purple Chive

time travel so if it's been done I am the professor from Gilligan's isle:

did anyone else notice how CLEAN it is in there now ? and how at 1:26 the stairwell going down ( on the left ) ( that had high radiation readings before) has a serious blast deformity in the "cages" directly ( to the right ) uphil from it ?

if it's three , then clearly something from down under blew up the staircase with some considerable force
edit on 2-10-2011 by Silverlok because: dammit there is onlythere ...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by zworld

Funny you say that, there was stuff earlier in thread about seeding commercial fruit, particularly apples.. well.. first time ever; I had a seeding apple O_o I have saved the seed in wet paper and photographed it. Very peculiar.

can we see the pic?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

did anyone else notice how CLEAN it is in there now ? and how at 1:26 the stairwell going down ( on the left ) ( that had high radiation readings before) has a serious blast deformity in the "cages" directly ( to the right ) uphil from it ?

if it's three , then clearly something from down under blew up the staircase with some considerable force

Interesting. PC, is there a map handout of the route taken and the floor of this vid. Would be good to see.

The fact that there doesnt seem to be too much blast damage other than the buckled cage is puzzling. Considering the amount of outward damage done to the building itself, and power of the blast, Im thinking that this vid must be in an area self contained or sealed from the blast. The blast must have vented in a couple of places like the buckled cage, but not much else. If they release many more 3 vids, and using the ones already out, and following blast damaged areas, we may be able to construct the path of the blast.

Of course, we could call up Tepco as they surely have this data already amassed. Oh wait a minute, I forgot, their lines disconnected.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Japanese robot set to contribute toward Fukushima plant's cold shutdown

Half a year since the Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami triggered a nuclear disaster at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant, the plant's water injection system for cooling the reactors is working again. The Japanese government recently announced that it would aim for a cold shutdown by the end of the year, and robots from both the U.S. and Japan will be cooperating to that end. On July 26, Quince, a robot developed by the Chiba Institute of Technology, climbed the stairs leading to the second floor of the No. 1 Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant's No. 3 reactor building, where a hydrogen explosion had taken place almost four months earlier. Footage taken by a remote-controlled camera carried by the robot showed that the top of the building had suffered extensive damage, attesting to the force of the blast. There was good news, too, however. A section of the structure where various pipes are located appeared to be largely intact.
Read it:

No explosion at No. 2 reactor / TEPCO: Only 3 hydrogen blasts occurred at Fukushima N-plant

The Tokyo Electric Power Co. panel investigating the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant has concluded that a hydrogen explosion did not occur at the plant's No. 2 reactor, overturning its previous conclusion that an explosion took place on March 15, according to a draft of the panel's interim report. The panel, chaired by TEPCO Vice President Masao Yamazaki, devoted pages of the draft to defending the utility's handling of the crisis, such as saying that TEPCO could not reasonably have anticipated the size of tsunami before the disaster. The panel also said the company's slow initial response to the nuclear disaster could not be avoided. TEPCO said it would publicly release the interim report after submitting the draft to a third-party verification committee of experts.More:

GE warns nuclear reactors could struggle in earthquake

A manufacturer of dozens of boiling water nuclear reactors in the country, including many on the East Coast, warned the Nuclear Regulatory Commission last year and reiterated last week that earthquakes could hinder its reactors from shutting down. GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy, which manufactured the boiling water reactors at Oyster Creek, Hope Creek and two plants in Pennsylvania, said that an earthquake could prevent rods that cool the reactor from being inserted. The rods cool the reactor down because they contain boron, which attracts neutrons. Without the rods, boron would be injected, a messier emergency solution.More to read:

Shake, Shake, Shake, Shake, Shake, Shake Dog Shake!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by Silverlok

Interesting. PC, is there a map handout of the route taken and the floor of this vid. Would be good to see.

The fact that there doesnt seem to be too much blast damage other than the buckled cage is puzzling. Considering the amount of outward damage done to the building itself, and power of the blast, Im thinking that this vid must be in an area self contained or sealed from the blast. The blast must have vented in a couple of places like the buckled cage, but not much else. If they release many more 3 vids, and using the ones already out, and following blast damaged areas, we may be able to construct the path of the blast.

Of course, we could call up Tepco as they surely have this data already amassed. Oh wait a minute, I forgot, their lines disconnected.

it's not puzzling , they have had MONTHS to clean , but severe repairs take too ,many long moments of exposure to keep hidden(it's why the pro's told Tepco "no") ..thus the release...they are scum . Tepco , and the direction behind them, the first of the living dead

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Hey Z, we've seen doors busted due to tsunami damaged objects floating around, so this could be the case there. If an explosion I'm buggered to think of a source for that damage.

reply to post by Silverlok

Uploaded with imageshack.us...

Silv, ATS and yourself made me succumb to imageshack lol. From a granny smith apple, never seen this happen before. Apologies as my uncle has stolen my DSLR, so the video camera will have to do! Speckles are laser damage, not radiation

Wert, whatever it is, keep it up
I have quite a photographic memory but it doesn't stem to page numbers unfortunately.

< br />

Here's an image Ive been waiting to post for ages. Taken from 'daiichi-build-01.pdf' which was from tepco's site. PC linked it about 3 weeks back, basically it has build plans and designs and levels for fuku complex in two part PDF.
Shows that if any corium has left the building it will be without a doubt below the high water level mark, so gives further credence to the cyclic rise and fall of readings in seawater.

edit on 2/10/11 by GhostR1der because: hulk smash to myself, imageshack and ats for being image embedding fails FIX THE GODDAMN ATSMEDIA CHURR ATS

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This article came out a few days ago but only just saw it and its very troubling. I dont think this was discussed, if it was, my bad.
green.blogs.nytimes.com...

Its about the offshore monitoring work done in July by Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, the largest oceanographic NGO in the US. At the time we suspected that it would be a wash and nothing would come out of it. Instead, the exact opposite has happened. They have found contamination far greater than expected.

Initially oceanographers believed that the radionuclides from Fukushima would be dispersed by ocean movement and currents.

The scientists had expected to find ocean radiation levels falling off sharply after a few months, as radioactive substances were dispersed by the currents, because, he said, “The ocean’s solution to pollution is dilution.’’ “Rather than leveling off toward zero, it remained elevated in late July,’’ he said, up to about 10,000 becquerel per cubic meter. ‘‘That suggests the release problem has not been solved yet.”

So at this time, high levels of radiation are still being detected in the zone 0 to 20 miles offshore. Since we have been predicting continued contamination from Fukushima Daiichi far into the future as a result of 3 full core meltdowns (and the possibility of much more from an illegal weapons production facility underneath the plant), no one here should be shocked. However, the levels being detected, and where they are being detected, is troubling.

First, to put the numbers into context with the accident that the nuke industry is still trying to frame as the worst accident ever, Chernobyl.

Ken Buesseler, a scientist at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, who in 1986 studied the effects of the Chernobyl disaster on the Black Sea, said the Fukushima disaster appeared to be by far the largest accidental release of radioactive material into the sea.

Chernobyl-induced radiation in the Black Sea peaked in 1986 at about 1,000 becquerels per cubic meter, he said in an interview at his office in Woods Hole, Mass. By contrast, the radiation level off the coast near the Fukushima Daiichi plant peaked at more than 100,000 becquerels per cubic meter in early April.

Chernobyl is much farther from the Black Sea than Fukushima is from the Pacific, and this should be taken into account. Another culprit at work is time. Chernobyl was quickly sealed off and buried, while Fukushima continues bleeding radioactive particles into the ocean with no end in sight. This is especially true in light of the recent revelation that groundwater (or seawater) is moving into the reactor buildings at the rate of at least 200 to 500 tons per day. This infiltration would also suggest that water is moving freely underground throughout the area, including contaminated water from the reactors and spent fuel pools, with unknown amounts entering the ocean.

However, it is the following information from the article that is really disturbing. Has anyone seen this data concerning radioactive steam emissions before. If so, is there a link to a document that verifies the following.

Japanese government and utility industry scientists estimated this month that 3,500 terabecquerels of cesium 137 was released directly into the sea from March 11, the date of the earthquake and tsunami, to late May. Another 10,000 terabecquerels of cesium 137 made it into the ocean after escaping from the plant as steam.

10,000 terabecquerels of just C-137. How much C-134. How much I-131 or any other radionuclide. We were assured there was no worry concerning the steam. Tepco has never released data of this nature that I know of. This needs to be found. This is a criminal action, allowing this level of contamination to occur when there were options to prevent this (ie burial). Equally criminal is not notifying the public to this health hazard.
And if this is a Tepco number found in some handout that missed scrutiny, when was this monitoring performed.
But the insanity doesnt end there, as this last quote reveals. The US, Japan and other nations turned a blind eye to the need for offshore monitoring.

The project, financed primarily by the Moore Foundation after governments declined to participate, continued to receive samples from Japanese cruises into July.

Thanks Obama. Thanks EPA. Now please refund the American people whatever massive amount of money we have given you to be our protectorate. We made a mistake in trusting you. Big mistake.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by zworld

Hey Z, we've seen doors busted due to tsunami damaged objects floating around, so this could be the case there. If an explosion I'm buggered to think of a source for that damage.

Its possible, but I cant remember if the tsunami waters actually penetrated the reactor buildings themselves. One would hope that the foot thick double steel doors would hold the water out.

If there was a vent path on the other side as SL has suggested then blast damage would fit wouldnt it. Im no bomb expert.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
We are getting f#ck in so many ways,it is not funny anymore.
There is a revolution spreading across the US as we speak,and it is growing.
Included in this is the concern for nuclear power and the dangers associated with it.
Corporate power,greed and lack of ethics is driving this.
Occupy Wall Street is no longer that,It's Occupy The World!
www.occupytogether.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

And so it begins. And not a moment to soon.

ON EDIT: Good to see you on this thread kdog. Fukushima is still bubbling away.
edit on 3-10-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
reply to post by kdog1982

And so it begins. And not a moment to soon.

ON EDIT: Good to see you on this thread kdog. Fukushima is still bubbling away.
edit on 3-10-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

Thanks,Z.
I'm burnt out by all this.
Fuku,earthquakes,economic collapse,all of it.I have sent emails,made phone calls,to no avail,posted on facebook,which ,btw I was banned from.
So,now I am taking it to the streets of the town I live at now.
Hoping others will follow suit.
Down with the deception and lies.
Time for us to make all this public knowledge and inform the people.
Or,maybe I'm just another crazy loon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1077  1078  1079    1081  1082  1083 >>

join