It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1076.htm
<< 1073  1074  1075    1077  1078  1079 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

Tomorrow i will meet a high Ranking Scientist in our Embassy,
what should i ask him?

Please give me some very good Questions!

Sorry Human for being cynical...but "high Ranking Scientist" exudes "corruption and a politician"...and would not trust a single word/response.

Probably in cahoots with TEPCO, N-Industry and govt's.

So ask this "high Ranking Scientist" why we should have any credence/trust as to what comes out of his/her mouth?

Who pays his/her salary? What have they published? "Embassy" has "Political Correctness" and "Bovine Scatology" stamped all over it...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
www.asahi.com...
A very interesting article about the US secretly asking Japan for help dumping old reactors, back in the 70's and it looks like they are just now going to begin checking booze for radiation....Hick-up!
www3.nhk.or.jp...
Thanks for the laugh, Purple!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Originally posted by Human0815

Tomorrow i will meet a high Ranking Scientist in our Embassy,
what should i ask him?

Please give me some very good Questions!

Sorry Human for being cynical...but "high Ranking Scientist" exudes "corruption and a politician"...and would not trust a single word/response.
- Purple Chive

Exactly this is the reason why i need "very good Questions",
i will try to ask him where is the Corium (Plural)
and what is happening in the case the Situation became re-critical again!

That Guy was working for the Nuclear Complex for a very long Time
(i always try to research to who i am speaking next),
so i want to see Shame and In-Security in his face,
the other Guests need to see how defenseless even this People are
in the case of a Nuclear Catastrophe!

Edit; i want to mention that our Embassy was acting very well in the days after 03/11.
They have been the first to send out Emergency Messages, Return Flights as well as Iod-Blockade Pills!

edit on 27-9-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

TEPCO Forced to admit all these errors..."Verbal Instruction" (earbeating) from NISA

What the hell do you believe coming out in their reports? And especially when they divulge information that is all blacked out?

·
Errors on density limit by the announcement of reactor regulation and half-life (31)
Errors on measured value (43)
Errors on scaling factors (12)
Errors on a unit in measured values (2)
Errors on calculation formula (6)

And other sorts of corrections to incorrect data...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Radiation Expert: "everyone should be prepared to face living in a troublesome time"

The actual condition of radiation contamination is spreading nationwide in such a manner that will not allow for easy acceptance. I believe everyone should be prepared to face living in a troublesome time.

Standards should be made much more strict and lower. However, we have no way of knowing if even the current standards are being kept. While calling for even lower provisional standards, the first step is to force the government to thoroughly stand by the provisional standards. If a sense of trust should develop through such action, we can proceed to the next step of believing that even lower standards will also be protected.

ajw.asahi.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
reply to post by Silverlok

The reactor didn't blow. Had it blown, debris from the crane would be scattered. Instead, it was dislodged by another explosion, and fell onto the reactor itself.

As I stated many times earlier in this thread, Arnie is correct, the spent fuel pool exploded.

I'm one of those explosives experts that you mentioned.

M, you crack me up. I think SFA437 had a lot to say about your "credentials" and you have yet to answer his questions and prove you are more than I guy with a $100 transport license.

The position of the crane is not indicative. There have been several fires, explosions, earthquakes on site, some of which we have not seen (this is especially true at #4). It's odd that the crane would have moved this far unless ejected and landing on the reactor, but I would think that whatever tossed it here would have to be high-order and that would be unlikely to miss. Given the size of the boom I wouldn't put it beyond possible that when the reactor blew it took a lot of roof structure with it and the crane, being attached to a lot of supports and structures was thrown airborne (we see large ejecta in the plume) and landed in this position. I disagree that it has been picked up and placed here, far too heavy, although it is within the realm of possible that they could have shifted it into a more beneficial position to deal with things Silverlok might be implying.

Most evidence lately has been tending toward the reactor blowing. The other odd thing is we've had some pictures of the reactor before, clearly showing an empty, slightly canted rpv with a missing lid - these were the images that shocked the pants off TRN. I posted this a while back (20 pages or so). There was NO CRANE laying across it, so.... Tepco messing around again....

edit on 27-9-2011 by Wertwog because: added something

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Eerieee...

Sanmen, China

www.world-nuclear-news.org...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

The reactor didn't blow. Had it blown, debris from the crane would be scattered. Instead, it was dislodged by another explosion, and fell onto the reactor itself.

As I stated many times earlier in this thread, Arnie is correct, the spent fuel pool exploded.

a bold statement and a bit heavy ... why are you so certain?

your opinion is, quite rightly, yours, but mine is still different, as the evidence indicatives the roof was in a "slanted " , "in the air" 'in motion' position when the two oddly round holes were blasted through it . And the holes correspond directly the the sizes of the rpc and cv caps ( since we know the cement cap folded back ( and not powdered, as it was designed to do( so why?) ) and was launched inside the building (imaged by the t-hawk photos) )

so I still stick with the idea the pool popped and the core popped, and your argument hasn't changed in several hundred pages , I am not convinced . Why should we believe an assertion that offers any information that is within the VERY large shadow of doubt ...and more importantly how can you be so CERTAIN? in any event , please spare us the testimonials... a few facts and observations for consideration would be nice.

and more importantly why is this important in the context I have outlined ? a blown pool creates more of an environmental hazard due to the nature of the materials involved , and it's (the pools) meltdown ( remember tepco has admitted a melt at three's core ) , would still be producing massive contaminates if it is still producing out of control steam (which is criticalities in both fluid and solid ) one would think by now would be under control , the steam production I mean ) , at least

edit on 27-9-2011 by Silverlok because: I like the concept of "no" in Latin

edit on 27-9-2011 by Silverlok because: clear, ah communication so hard with words

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

..and in the pictures posted here which were fine-tooth combed -ad-nauseam it was apparent that large and obvious crane debris WAS in the space between 3 and 4 , since those reactors had two cranes ( one for the caps and one for the rods ) they wouldn't/couldn't be in the same place at the same time , and there would be NO REASON for either crane to be over the RPV as that was only momentary postion for either , so either they were fuxoring wth the CPV or the cranes were not over the RPV as SOP

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

According to this article, this uneven steam is coming out of the top of reactor #2. The camera on the T-Hawk was pointing up at the wall most of the time but I managed to get a screen cap of some of what's underneath the steam. It doesn't look like a reactor cap but maybe someone can pin down what it is?
enenews.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

no you are in fact not

M, you crack me up. I think SFA437 had a lot to say about your "credentials" and you have yet to answer his questions and prove you are more than I guy with a $100 transport license.

The position of the crane is not indicative. There have been several fires, explosions, earthquakes on site, some of which we have not seen (this is especially true at #4). It's odd that the crane would have moved this far unless ejected and landing on the reactor, but I would think that whatever tossed it here would have to be high-order and that would be unlikely to miss. Given the size of the boom I wouldn't put it beyond possible that when the reactor blew it took a lot of roof structure with it and the crane, being attached to a lot of supports and structures was thrown airborne (we see large ejecta in the plume) and landed in this position. I disagree that it has been picked up and placed here, far too heavy, although it is within the realm of possible that they could have shifted it into a more beneficial position to deal with things Silverlok might be implying.

Most evidence lately has been tending toward the reactor blowing. The other odd thing is we've had some pictures of the reactor before, clearly showing an empty, slightly canted rpv with a missing lid - these were the images that shocked the pants off TRN. I posted this a while back (20 pages or so). There was NO CRANE laying across it, so.... Tepco messing around again....

Tepco has certainly been taking care of the Christmas lights placement and color since day...1 , er I mean zero in the historical sense ( they knew they would be "troubled" in an emergency for the word "gO" on nukes. and " \

no, in fact, you are not

edit on 27-9-2011 by Silverlok because: wow edit from god

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Hi Ats members, Special Thanks to this thread and its main contributes. I am very troubled on a few topics that I feel should be posted in a very concise easy to read format. Please dont take my opinions or words wrong, I only mean to help.

1) Mass Media censorship of Fukushima is unbelievable. (WHAT if ATS wasn't here?) sure another forum could emerge, but this is MY MAIN OUTLET for Fukushima updates. And its what lead me to ATS in the first place, I looked for info on Fukushima and found ATS.

2) After worldwide acknowledgment of the 3 FULL meltdowns, our American government is reluctant to test our food for radiation. combined with the media block out as mentioned above. I personally bought a Sokes Geiger Counter on ebay... but I do understand that food radiation detection is difficult with Geiger, however I have disposed of only one food that I bought at the supermarket that read higher than background radiation... just one bunch of asparagus. Normal background - .12 all day everyday, this food was .20 - .23 when i removed the asparagus the reading went back down to .12 very fast. The recent post about mutated sunflowers is very very scary to me.

3) DO not allow the disaster of fukushima to be downplayed. I feel like the Governments and Tepco are looking for a band-aid resolution. For example = if they complete the construction of the panels that will cover the reactor buildings they will try to convince people that the situation is under control because the appearance of the new panels. This is one of many examples...

4) Radiation is bad = certain high ranking officials may try to say radiation, or any level radiation is not a threat to health. Ridiculous, science states that there is much concern, and many questions about radiation that is not known. IT IS HORRIBLE, at any man made amount. At the very least, imagine all the birth defects in the next few years. its documented from Chernobyl. Volunteers and other responders helped victims and newborns of Chernobyl and were demoralized by the effects of radiation on them. They are sickened by the lack of protection from the Japanese government for there citizens. They KNOW what is going to happen to the children of japan, and who knows , maybe the west coast USA. Fingers crossed this wont be.

This is my first post, it shows a few of my opinions... please take it easy on me if I got something wrong, but I feel that I am pretty well versed on this topic due to the contributions of this thread up to this point...

This is my first post on ATS, I can only imagine how many people like myself are worried and confused on this situation that do not post their comments. I cannot hold out any more, back to the main point = THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD AND ITS CONTRIBUTORS!

SORRY IF THIS IS REDUNDANT

Luke

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Wow, I need to prove my cred's.? I work full time for a company that provides IT services to the Feds.

I also provide explosives services to a company in Roanoke Va called Treadcorp. In this, I blow up things that they are contracted to destroy. In this, I'm also asked to testify on occasion by my friendly people at BATF.

Past that my friend, this is the internet, and you ain't getting jack #.

YOU PROVE YOUR CREDS!!!

Lately it's the reactor? PROVE IT. Every single piece of evidence points away from the reactor, in fact my original arguement still stands solid.

Edit - Oh yeah, and do I believe the people here who don't have experience in reactors, or do I believe Arnie who is putting his personal and professional life on the line by stating that it was the spent fuel pool that exploded, after HE looked at the evidence too?

I'm with Arnie on this one.
edit on 28-9-2011 by matadoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Silv,

I'm not seeing anything adding up regarding #3 anymore.
I was first on this thread to post about the distinction of R3 blast compared to an IED, showing a focused force, making a wide pool /SFP criticality seem highly unlikely. The main R3 explosion column is similar to a 'mine', which we use in pyrotechnics to create large glittering columns of flame and shooting stars. This force is focused upwards using a fibreglass tube. This further lead me to corroborate and believe other analysis, which showed that R3 corium in supression chamber or hydrogen, or combination of both allowed an explosion, which shot the guts out of the reactor.
With the radiation readings in tokyo on the 15th there is no doubt that whatever exploded had a large amount of nuclear fuel transported with it.

My problem with the R3 explosion theory is that the roof is missing above SFP and dryer pool but not CV. Crane is above CV cap and CV cap appears to be mostly flush, other than containment breaches around edge visible as steam, further confirmed in iR images.

What I'm getting at is that a 4" mortar tube cap doesn't land perfectly back in place after firing, especially an explosion of that [R3] magnitude. There is not a 12.5m wide hole in the roof structure. There is in the turbine building, although I believe a main service floor level, vertical concrete beam could be responsible for this, as there appears to be one lying in the hole. The SFP still contains water, the dryer pool appears mostly empty. #3 RV water level is below half way from memory. If the SFP had gone up, the gates would have likely gone too (as appears to have happened in dryer pool), and the water level would not be visible in the high res drone pics, however they could be photoshopped.

I am merely an apprentice pyrotechnician, however an SFP would be too wide to create such a directed blast. A bottom of pool, centre point source would have roughly 90 degree spread, not a main 10-20 degree column that we see in the video. Hot gas from combustion and reactor would contribute to this, however not in such an extreme manner to be the sole effect.

So in summary:
Roof above CV cap and crane: Not blasted out of the way
Roof above SPF and Dryer pool: missing. Most damage is on each side of the building around these pools.

Henceforth it is my understanding that if the blast traveled through RPV/CV and exited via the top of CV, then the cap, crane and roof would be severely damaged, which is not the case, and;
That the SFP is too widely spread and in the wrong position to have caused the main central explosion column.

So really after this recent R3 discussion I'm left with more questions than answers.
One does hope that Finnish scientist and his methane hydrates theory is wrong.

En lieu of ATS image upload failing here's lots of R3 shots, a great rpv/cv/well plug cap diagram, some good dryer pool angles and thermals that really made me start wondering what's going on there.
www.houseoffoust.com...

edit: This YT video clearly shows a crane assembly above reactor well cap. My colour calibrated screen shows it as green. The original tepco video shows a large cable drum or some similar object attached to the crane or crane beam in the centre of the cap as well. Interestingly they cut it when the crane is approaching the lower (to frame) part of the well plug/cap. If the cap partially broke then steam would not bother to leak out the edges anymore.

And wert, good point re: explosions moving the crane around. Only problem I have with this is that the crane rails appear mostly parallel with the building layout and also roof structure.

And I'm definitely not against you both, or a shill or anyone of that matter, I just have some questions which I can't answer at this point in time regarding R3.. it stinks like hell!
edit on 28/9/11 by GhostR1der because: typoos and extra links and comments

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

no you are in fact not

Tepco has certainly been taking care of the Christmas lights placement and color since day...1 , er I mean zero in the historical sense ( they knew they would be "troubled" in an emergency for the word "gO" on nukes. and "

no, in fact, you are not

edit on 27-9-2011 by Silverlok because: wow edit from god

Not even going to justify this with a remark, but I find it truly interesting when certain people insult others, that the moderators let them slide. What happened to the old "manners and decorum" mods? Huh?

And they say that this board is "non-biased". Bull crap. Had I insulted one of the "regulars" my post would have been pulled before you can say spit.

I've again said my peace.
edit on 28-9-2011 by matadoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

All reactors at Japan's Fukushima plant below 100C threshold-TEPCO

TOKYO, Sept 28 | Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:59am EDT
(Reuters) - All three damaged reactors at Japan's crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant are below the boiling point, paving the way to bring them to a state of cold shutdown by the end of the year, the operator of the complex said on Wednesday.

After a devastating earthquake and tsunami in March knocked out cooling systems and caused meltdowns of nuclear fuel rods at three of the plant's six reactors, Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco) has been trying to cool them and bring temperatures below the boiling point.

Temperatures at two of the three reactors had already dropped below 100 degrees Celsius in July and early September, leaving just one reactor above boiling point.

But temperatures at the last of the three reactors fell to 99.4 degrees on Wednesday, according to Tepco spokesman Takeo Iwamoto.

"The temperature has been moving up and down but it is on a steady decline," Iwamoto told Reuters. "We have cleared the temperature issue and taken a step forward towards achieving cold shutdown by the end of this year."

Technically, a cold shutdown occurs when water used to cool nuclear fuel rods remains steadily below 100 degrees, preventing the fuel from reheating.

But Tepco has said it won't declare a cold shutdown until other criteria are met, like further reducing the amount of radiation being emitted from the plant.

Last week the Japanese government and Tepco said at a monthly review of the Daiichi plant's cleanup timetable that they are now aiming to bring the plants to a cold shutdown within this year, instead of by January as initially planned, with their cleanup work proceeding steadily.

Achieving a cold shutdown is a precondition for the return of residents who were forced to evacuate areas near the plant

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedUScitizen

Welcome Luke!! If you've been lurking this forum long enough you are aware that lively discussions amongst members sometimes take place. Keeps the thread from getting too dull. Just need to duck your head now and then!!

Anyhow welcome aboard!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Have not seen this posted yet.. New maps of the radiation coverage, sorry can't embed them.

enenews.com...

Mat...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

More weird plants, TEPCO worker about hydrogen in the pipe and other Tidbits...

Happy20790 ハッピー 1号機の水素単体測定終わりました!発表したかなぁ…?水素単体濃度を測定するのはあまりポピュラーじゃな みたいで専門業者が来てました。結果は可燃性ガス100%中の約60%が水素みたいです。 We done measuring hydrogen amount in reactor 1. It seems to be an abnormal test, specialists came to the plant. The result was 60% = hydrogen. The rest is full of other kinds of flammable gas.

やっぱり4%どころの話じゃないぞっ(*_*)もんじゅのナトリウムじゃないけど、空気に触れてもヤバいよ。置換や 気解放も無理だから対象配管切断部の前後の隔離弁を使って窒素で押し込むしか方法がないかも…。隔離弁が っかり気密を保れればいいけど…。 It may explode only if it touches air. It can’t be released or replaced by nitrogen, so we can only inject nitrogen from isolation valves. hope it doesn’t let air come into the pipe..

いずれにしても100%安全じゃないとなぁ…。事故後、収束に向けて今まで色々やったけど一番厄介な作業かも。 いま原発を誘致してる町や市や県の自治体は福島浜通りや現場の現状を足を運んで実際にしっかり見てほしい。 Since 311,we have done variety of the works but this is the most tricky mission.

fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive

edit on 28-9-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Robot running around in Unit 3

- Purple Chive

top topics

<< 1073  1074  1075    1077  1078  1079 >>

join