It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1075.htm
<< 1072  1073  1074    1076  1077  1078 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Gotta Check Unit 2 and Unit 3 for Hydrogen Buildup

Duhhhh...like they needed to tell TEPCO to do this?

Japan's nuclear safety agency has instructed the operator of the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant to check if hydrogen is building up in its No.2 and 3 reactors.

The government's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency on Sunday instructed TEPCO to check pipes in the No.2 and No.3 reactors. The No.3 reactor suffered hydrogen explosion on March 14th and No. 2 reactor had a hydrogen explosion on March 15th.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
www.youtube.com...
Goddard gives some good observations of the new tepco film on #3 reactor.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Monju to be stopped...

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- The science ministry plans to effectively freeze research related to the trouble-prone Monju prototype fast-breeder reactor in Fukui Prefecture by cutting 70 to 80 percent of its current 10 billion yen budget for the next fiscal year from April, ministry sources said Monday.

Just a shame it took them so long to figure this out.

The reactor project, on which the country has so far spent about 900 billion yen, has been hobbled by a series of problems. The reactor first achieved criticality in 1994 but was shut down because of sodium coolant leakage and a resulting fire in 1995.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Now if the USA could just tank the Savannah River Site in Aiken, South Carolina!!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Evacuation-Ready Zone to be Abolished

Smart move now that 100% explosive hydrogen has been found in Unit 1!!!

The Japanese government will abolish the "evacuation-ready" zone on September 30. The "evacuation-ready" zone was set between 20 to 30-kilometer radius from Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant after the accident [where the residents are required to be ready to evacuate on a moment's notice and where no pregnant women and small children are supposed to be living].

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

- Purple Chive
edit on 26-9-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Fukushima nuclear hold-outs determined to stay

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Highly Radioactive Rice, Hydrogen Checks, Burning Radioactive Waste Fukushima Update 9/25/11

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Tweets from a Fuku Worker...

fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

www.youtube.com...

Okay, play this video and stop it at 26 seconds.

A serious question for those that still believe that the reactor exploded and not the Spent Fuel pool....

Notice that the crane, fell onto the top of the reactor. It was above it. Had the reactor blown, would this have not been blown with it? Scattered into the wind?

Why is it still on top of the reactor, literally it fell onto it?

Also note that the center of the reactor has no hot spots, yet the spent fuel pool does..

Had the reactor blown, there would be fuel still in the bottom, and it would be hot as hell.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Additional Marine Soil Sampling Points

Why a bunch more added North and South of the area?

www.tepco.co.jp...

Anyone seen a directive to do so?

Curious....

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Some more Weird vegetation showing up...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Meanwhile the dryer pool water level appears to be at least below half way.

R3 cap has me wondering as well. It's still leaking steam though. If the containment had broken on the side then it would leak from that point, not through the cap. Fuel pool? Methane hydrates? I just don't see how either would attain the upwards velocity shown in the explosion, it was one hell of a pop.

Or Arnie knows something that we don't, to be so certain with his R3 SFP analysis. Most other claims have been spot on.

I have an image to post but ATSs' image database has died, so until then... I'll wait. It is regarding ground water level around the plant.

reply to post by Purplechive

Those double sided sunflowers are damn trippy. Have seen squashed sunflowers here but never double sided, we are a reactor/weapon free country too.
edit on 26/9/11 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
Japan as we known it is dead. We can thank the greedy non-realists for it, guilty or not because decisions do in fact make the man .

I have to agree and the next cover up will be all the birth defects.
Rbrtj

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

8-26-2011 I took a train to Narita airport only to find it was highly radioactive. My SOEKS Gieger counter was off the charts in detecting radiation. However the People sitting next to me did not care at all even after I explained to them how dangerous this amount of radiation was. Please make this video viral and warn people not to take the trains since they have not been decontaminated yet.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I really doubt the 10.50 uSv/h
and when you read the comments you get a few hints!

"a Electro Magnetic Field inside of a running Train Cargo make it impossible to get accurate Readings!"

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

Originally posted by Purplechive

www.youtube.com...

Okay, play this video and stop it at 26 seconds.

A serious question for those that still believe that the reactor exploded and not the Spent Fuel pool....

Notice that the crane, fell onto the top of the reactor. It was above it. Had the reactor blown, would this have not been blown with it? Scattered into the wind?

Why is it still on top of the reactor, literally it fell onto it?

Also note that the center of the reactor has no hot spots, yet the spent fuel pool does..

Had the reactor blown, there would be fuel still in the bottom, and it would be hot as hell.

perhaps ( as has been expressed on this thread many times) they both did, can you offer more evidence , or possibly an explanation that adds or contradicts the information already illuminated in this thread ( some of it by military satellite, explosives, and photography experts?) posted repeatedly, ( especially the debris patterns and roof damage), and what is the point ? do you believe the core is intact? unbreached? or less of a danger that the pool ?

waste ( spent) rods are more toxic to humans ( due to the kind of radioactive contaminates in them ) ,but plutonium ( an UNnecessary reactor staring ingredient ) is of a different order entirely, and besides mox pools aerosolized ot reactor contents aerozolized , after so many months are how different?
edit on 27-9-2011 by Silverlok because: oops important

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Purplechive

We have seen this before, and It is not innocent. It is not raindrops on the lense, or insects. The last time we saw this it was along the top rail of the tent frame, and the crane cable. Some kind of gas release with an electrical charge? Lets keep in mind that they might creating new chemical elements down in that pot, by mixing things together that were never meant to meet. Whatever this is, there must be a scientific explanation for it.

the crane moves into the frame and the phenomenon ends...if it is real, it is an resonant electromagnetic display due to MASSIVE GALVANIC currents in the poolium/corium changing the ground /radio structure of the local environment. The crane it changing either the electromagnetic harmonic or electrical ground presence...

or we are seeing gamma flash ( from ongoing criticalies with directional focus ) and they have figured how to 'move' or disrupt it using the crane as an resonant antenna or ground ( chaning the local "air" ionization and moving the gamma flash off the camera view ) ...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Fukushima Desolation Worst Since Nagasaki as Residents Flee

Sept. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Beyond the police roadblocks that mark the no-go zone around Japan's wrecked Fukushima nuclear plant, six-foot tall weeds invade rice paddies and vines gone wild strangle road signs along empty streets.

Takako Harada, 80, returned to an evacuated area of Iitate village to retrieve her car. Beside her house is an empty cattle pen, the 100 cows slaughtered on government order after radiation from the March 11 atomic disaster saturated the area, forcing 160,000 people to move away and leaving some places uninhabitable for two decades or more.

Read the whole Story:

Gov't to allow ash containing over 100,000 becquerels of cesium per kg to be buried

From now on, ash with radiation levels of over 100,000 becquerels is required to be solidified with cement and can be buried at facilities where measures are in place to prevent the seeping of rainwater and the leakage of contaminated ash to groundwater.

More to Vomito:

Fukushima and the Battle for Truth

Fukushima’s nuclear disaster is a nightmare. Ghostly releases of radioactivity haunt the Japanese countryside. Lives, once safe, are now beset by an ineffable scourge promising vile illness and death. Large sectors of the population are accumulating significant levels of internal contamination, setting the stage for a public health tragedy. A subtle increase in the number of miscarriages and fetal deaths will be the first manifestation that something is amiss. An elevated incidence of birth defects will begin in the Fall and continue into the indefinite future. Thyroid diseases, cardiac diseases and elevated rates of infant and childhood leukemia will follow. Over the next decade and beyond, cancer rates will soar.
more:

A sunny day here, Autumn since the last Typhoon,
normally at this Time of the year i would eat only Fruits from the Farmers here in Setagaya
but this year is sooooo different, even the Contamination is easy to clean!

Tepco need to restart some Plants,
but i hope that more People wake up!

Tomorrow i will meet a high Ranking Scientist in our Embassy,
what should i ask him?

Please give me some very good Questions!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Cover Unit 4 Spent Fuel Pool with floats...interesting TEPCO Picture

www.tepco.co.jp...

Looks like they are going to build a ramp and roll them down onto the top of the water...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

The reactor didn't blow. Had it blown, debris from the crane would be scattered. Instead, it was dislodged by another explosion, and fell onto the reactor itself.

As I stated many times earlier in this thread, Arnie is correct, the spent fuel pool exploded.

I'm one of those explosives experts that you mentioned.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Airborne Radiation Results Unit 2 & 3...First Floor

www.tepco.co.jp...

I'm trying to get a grasp on these numbers. Unit 3 far worse than Unit 2. The Gazzillion dollar question is - Where in the hell is the corium????

- Purple Chive

edit on 27-9-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1072  1073  1074    1076  1077  1078 >>

join