It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1065.htm
<< 1062  1063  1064    1066  1067  1068 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Purplechive, you should get a medal for your tireless work on this thread!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

reply to post by Tallone

I think everyone in this Forum know that the Industrial Complex is big, perverse and fascistic,
but we cant go and try to kill this Monster because it has to many Headz!

So, what do you want to do?

edit on 16-9-2011 by Human0815 because: add a question

Inform people, rather than divert them. Deal with the truth, rather than play with other's minds. How about you?

edit on 16-9-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
reply to post by Human0815

reply to post by Tallone

I think everyone in this Forum know that the Industrial Complex is big, perverse and fascistic,
but we cant go and try to kill this Monster because it has to many Headz!

So, what do you want to do?

edit on 16-9-2011 by Human0815 because: add a question

Inform people, rather than divert them. Deal with the truth, rather than play with other's minds. How about you?

In Reality i am absolute Clueless
because nothing really helps

Maybe a Revolution will change something
but without "an Idea and something up ones Sleeve" it is more than "dangerous"!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Why are as many as 32 previous police hired in TEPCO?

And WOW - Very evasive and convoluted in their response!!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thanks V. Grateful for everyone on this thread - fabulous group of folks!!! (Even the ones that get vitriolic about me!!) Need some diversion and entertainment now and then!

Smiles!

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Tallone - distraction takes many forms and you yourself are trying hard to distract us from our mission. Please dont keep trying to get people to argue with you and posting all these long reasons why you think we are going off-track is itself a distraction. So, you are doing exactly what you say we are doing now on this thread.

Basically, as you said and we all know, distracting the thread is paramount for some people and it looks as if you yourself are trying very hard to do this.

So I guess we just have to keep on doing what we are doing and allow you to disappear somewhere else to distract another thread. We are all very much aware of what we need to do, so you telling us, is not going to make us any better at it. As Human said, if you dont like it, then go play somewhere else - unless you are being paid by someone to stay here.... and please dont argue. That just proves my point.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Me? Argue? Can't imagine why you would think I would do that.

Some are going to need a little longer to be able to see what has actually happened to the thread I guess. For those who want to know. Some reading in these links for you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.usmessageboard.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

TEPCO Diagram of Position Induction Probe - Unit 1

www.tepco.co.jp...

And TEPCO saying that most of the Detectors in Unit 1 were damaged...

most of the detectors lying below the pressure vessel at the No. 1 reactor of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant that check the condition of the control rods have been found damaged.

The damage -- mostly burnt wiring or electrical shortages -- is believed to have been caused by the intense heat in the wake of a core meltdown.

Junichi Matsumoto, a senior official at the utility, said he believes the detectors suffered such damage as both pressure and temperatures exceeded the given design limits for the pressure vessel.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

WOW!! Water Injection Rate for Unit 3 Cranked up to 12 Tons per hour!!

Do believe 12 tons of water on Unit 3 is the largest amount per hour they have injected in a long time!!

TEPCO began on Friday afternoon to increase the water flow by one ton to a total of 7 tons per hour for the No.2 reactor, and by 5 tons to 12 tons per hour for the No.3 reactor.

As of 5 AM Friday, the bottom of No.2 reactor measured 114.1 degrees Celsius and that of the No.3 reactor 103.3 degrees.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Trying to avoid that I-131 release again!! Silverlock mentioned awhile back that the stuff would keep cycling through criticality...

Boric acid being injected also...to attempt to avoid re-criticality...

From 10:16 am to 2:15 pm on September 16, at increasing volume of water injecting into the reactor of Unit 3, we conducted injection of boric acid into the reactor. Thereafter, we increased injection rate of water through core spray system and at 3:05 pm adjusted at 8.0m3 (injection rate from feed water system remain at 4.0m3/h).

www.tepco.co.jp...

On Edit:
Love this quote!!!

To maintain subcritical state with more certainty, we inject boric acid before changing water injection rate and continuously monitor there is no adverse side effect

www.tepco.co.jp...

Sigh... Warm and fuzzy feeling!!

- Purple Chive

edit on 16-9-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Inform people, rather than divert them.

He comes on to tell us that we need to be aware of hot particles, and that we are trying to protect Tepco by not exposing them.

I dont know if I should laugh or cry. I expect crap from people on forums as there are always those who have an agenda that they demand you follow. But this guy is in a whole other league. Its obvious that he hasnt read our posts since probably page 800 or so. But he spends hours going over posts before that to show us what? I dont get it.

Clueless has a new definition.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Do believe 12 tons of water on Unit 3 is the largest amount per hour they have injected in a long time!!

somethings up. I cant remember off hand, but 12 tons seems like the maximum from the early days in March and April. Ill check it out later today. If not 12 it was 13.

I cant help but think that she's getting ready to blow again. Boric acid, hydrazine, nitrogen, 12 tons an hour and NISA claims that they are in cold shutdown. what a joke.

And thank you for all the heads up, PC. No matter what some believe, we are probably the last forum that is trying to expose Tepco and send them packing to the rock pile.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Lets see if we have some luck today. I did some zooming and inverting on that India news footage that Purple found. The film is crappy but I think we have a winner here. I'm not sure why they inserted the clip of #1 blowing in the middle, but I think the beginning and end footage is legit

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I also took a screen grab from yesterday's ANN news. Have a look at where the bucket of the back-hoe is. I just tried to bring over a few more screen caps and got a little message saying ATS can't load photos right now, so posting is still tricky. The link to the news clip
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
They just had a 6.6 so I'm sure more water drained out of the hole/holes where the cores are. I'll bet we have a steamy night.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
MAP 6.2 2011/09/16 21:08:06 40.221 143.050 20.2 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
MAP 5.5 2011/09/16 20:11:15 40.305 143.180 19.0 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
MAP 5.2 2011/09/16 19:39:46 40.403 142.034 10.4 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
MAP 6.6 2011/09/16 19:26:42 40.288 142.727 36.3 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

Japan has had 4 quakes today!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Looks like that Unit 3 is spitting out Pixeleaters again!
edit on 16-9-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

And why is the Cover looking so different than planned?
I expected a blue Tent but this looks like a Hard Shell Cover!
edit on 16-9-2011 by Human0815 because: info and question

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
MAP 5.5 2011/09/16 22:40:43 40.288 143.174 5.4 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

We can add another to the list! What could
these be doing to the plant - nothing good
I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
We can add another to the list! What could
these be doing to the plant - nothing good
I'm sure.

"Don`t Panic"

All this Quakes are (nearly) harmless,
because they are to far away and to low in Magnitude!

To harm the Plant is must be nearly under the Plant itself
and above ca. 6 + very shallow!

I think Tepco should do a little bit of Gardening,
it looks like a Jungle in front of the Plant,
a shame for Tepco

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

September 13, 2011 Tokyo Electric Power Company

With regard to the captioned report on Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, there were certain contents that were not based on facts or potentially misleading reported in the program. The items reported are as follows: 1.The report determined that "The meltdown and explosion of hydrogen could have been prevented by proper responses including the operation of IC despite the power outage. However, the details including the causes, mechanisms and operation of IC, etc. are now being investigated by the "Investigation Committee on the Accident at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Stations".

Under the circumstances, the report prematurely presumed or guessed that it was a "Human Made Disaster" before the facts become evident. Given the misleading nature of this report, we extremely deplore that such a report was made. 2.The report mentioned that "Action involving the vent took too much time because the order to implement the manual operations of the vent valve was delayed".

Due to a station blackout, we were unable to monitor the pressure of the containment vessel. However, after the monitoring function was restored by connecting it to a small generator, the general manager swiftly issued orders that included moving forward with manual vent operations (March 12th, approx. 12:06 am). Hence, the order was not late.

Prior to the implementation of on-site vent operations, it was necessary to obtain Government approval. In addition, we also had to spend time confirming operation procedures, the radiation level of the site, and an estimation of the operation time, making/reporting the evaluation of exposure dose around the site, and confirm the evacuation of residents.

As a result, we actually started the vent operations at around 9:00 AM on March 12 after we confirmed that the evacuation of the residents of Okuma Town (Kumachi District) had been completed. In addition, because the site work was conducted when radiation levels were very high, the workers had to work in multiple shifts. They also had to work in the darkness due to the loss of power. It was very difficult to maintain communication between the workers and the head office because the physical lines of communication were lost at that time.

It was under such severe circumstances that we were called upon to respond quickly and accurately. 3.The report mentioned that TEPCO reported its intentions to implement a full withdrawal from the site to the Government. However, that is not a fact. The point that was informed to the Government was that "Given the severity of the situation, we wanted to consider the potential necessity that for some workers who were not directly involved in the response work, they may temporarily be withdrawn". Regarding this very point, the former Prime Minister, Kan, mentioned at the budget committee in the House of Councilors on April 18 and May 2, that he had summoned the President of TEPCO and was given the answer that "it did not mean a 'withdrawal' (April 18th)".

Prime Minister Kan also stated "At one stage, since I heard from the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry that TEPCO may have intentions of withdrawing due to various reasons, I summoned the President to clarify his intentions. His answer was that we do not have any intention of withdrawing." (May 2). These statements correspond to the facts as we understand them.

August 16, 2011 Tokyo Electric Power Company NHK TV program regarding Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station reported contents that are incorrect and could cause misunderstandings. We hereby provide facts below. 1. Changing location of the emergency diesel generators into the basement The program reported that TEPCO had moved emergency diesel generators from the 1st floor in the turbine building to the 1st basement. However, the emergency generators have been located in the 1st basement since commencement of commercial operation started, and we have not change these locations. 2. Picture of the top of the primary containment vessel used for the proof of the influence of hydrogen explosion In the program, a picture and narration of the top of the primary containment vessel were used to explain the influence of the hydrogen explosion of Unit 1. However, this picture was not the PCV of Unit 1 but of Unit 4, which was under refueling outage, and therefore the picture and narration is incorrect. That is to say, this top part of the PCV was what we had detached in order to replace core shroud and reactor internal components. 3. Claim on the PCV ventilation has no filtration In the program, it was mentioned several times that there were no filters in the primary containment vessel ventilation line. However, boiling water reactors that we operate use "wetwell vent", which has scrubbing effect to mitigate emission of radioactive materials at the comparative level to the filters. That is to say, in principle, our venting procedure uses the water in the suppression chamber as filteration and we have prepared and added the necessary equipment and procedures for accident management measures. Although a document that reads "wetwell vent" was shown in the program, NHK ignored this. In the United States, the above-mentioned "wetwell" ventilation is adopted for boiling water reactors.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Originally posted by zworld

Inform people, rather than divert them.

He comes on to tell us that we need to be aware of hot particles, and that we are trying to protect Tepco by not exposing them.

….
Clueless has a new definition.

Umm, no. That is not at all what I said.
Just to keep the record straight. Here is what I have said.
reply to post by Tallone

posted on 15-9-2011 @ 12:46 AM

TEPCO are being set up to take the blame. At stake is the profits of an entire global industry. Look, no question, the management of that utility corporation deserve prison, criminals the lot, fit for a criminal court at this point. They should be charged with genocide because the radiation threat will likely ultimately damage the entire gene pool on the Japanese archipelago, causing untold misery for a very long time, with many local families virtually wiped out.

But TEPCO is a small player in the overall game

And… its worth saying again.
reply to post by Tallone

posted on 15-9-2011 @ 12:46 AM

The utility company is no longer a money earner and therefore a money loser. It (TEPCO) is the scapegoat for the entire nuclear corporate mafia and publically executed, well sold off, whereupon the receiver will be allowed to wriggle free of any obligations to pay the victims. The perfect crime.

It would seem this thread has now been diverted to help service that objective.

And the relevance of the mentioning the particulates is as I have posted several times above. They continue to be emitted from the damaged nuclear plant Dai-ichi. The Japanese government (and not only that government) do little to warn their citizens of the near certain death threat of having hot particles enter the body from eating food, drinking water, or simply inhaling air contaminated with the minute radioactive particles.

reply to post by Tallone

posted on 16-9-2011 @ 04:47 AM

And another quote from the same good doctor. This one illustrates the real issue for the Japan nuclear industry, and a reason why they must heap the whole Fukushima catastrophe on TEPCO and sink it, and they hope the whole issue of the nuclear industry and its abysmal safety record.

"I think the Fukushima accident has caused the Japanese people to abandon the myth that nuclear power stations are safe," he said. "Now the opinions of the Japanese people have rapidly changed. Well beyond half the population believes Japan should move towards natural electricity."

I had meant to comment on the video you posted earlier, the one on Fukushima kids having heart attacks. Good find. It underlines how the real problem now is the hot particles (or radioactive particulates) that came down and continues coming down from the damaged nuclear plants. It also underlines the criminal lack of action taken by the Japanese governing authorities.

Quick and easy summary.

1. TEPCO = CRIMINAL = CRIME = PRISON.

But nevertheless

2. TEPCO = LITTLE PLAYERS IN BIGGER PICTURE.

3. MAIN AIM OF NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS GLOBALLY = PROFIT = NOT for PUBLIC GOOD.

Therefore

4. GLOBAL NUCLEAR INDUSTRY CURRENTLY = CORRUPT CORPORATIONS + POLITICIANS = BAD.

Therefore.

5. The reason "Japan Declares 'Nuclear emergency' after quake" (the thread title) is because the corrupt institutions like TEPCO were built and sustained and continue to be sustained. Not only in Japan. The Japanese people should be focused on ridding themselves of the corruption, and while that might start with imprisoning the management of TEPCO they will most certainly need to go further.

new topics

top topics

<< 1062  1063  1064    1066  1067  1068 >>

join