It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1064.htm
<< 1061  1062  1063    1065  1066  1067 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Unit 3 Temperatures going back up...and 4 workers contaminated

www.tepco.co.jp...

6 partner company's workers, who maintained water treatment faculties, conducted contamination check of full-face masks when they returned from the work site to 1F's Main Anti-Earthquake Building. As a result, inner side of the filter for 4 out of the 6 workers were confirmed to be contaminated. We will confirm whether the 6 workers might have absorbed contaminated materials inside of their bodies using whole body counter.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Good Morning Folks!! To follow up on my quick post last night...

NHK is reporting Unit 3 at 101.3 C. There had been much hoopla reported about Unit 3 going below boiling and thus being "under control". So even with the core spraying the temp is rising again.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Also NHK reporting more details on the 4 workers exposed while replacing equipment at the water treatment facility.

At least 4 workers at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant failed to evacuate even though their radiation monitor indicated levels of beta rays exceeding the set limit.

The 4 workers' level of exposure is believed to have been 9.5 millisieverts

Their beta ray counter indicated levels above the evacuation benchmark of 5 millisieverts per hour, but the workers did not evacuate and continued repairs.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Possible Footage of Unit 4 Explosion

fukushima-diary.com...

Also Enenews:

U. of Tokyo analysis: Mystery explosion at Reactor No. 4 caused by radiation dissolving water in boiling spent fuel pool — Contradicts TEPCO’s assumption

enenews.com...

AC maybe be able to get some grabs and post from this?

- Purple Chive
edit on 15-9-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Cryptome Pic of Air Sampling Device being hoisted over Unit 3

Another grab please AC...

cryptome.org...

The sea oats look so sublime...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR
see map:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Pretty good shaking going on! Should help all the pipe fittings...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
reply to post by Human0815

i think this is all not very helpful,
maybe we should split the Topic of "F'Shima" into different Topics,
like i wrote one Thread dedicated only for the technical Matters
and one with a Humanistic Approach and Media-Information?

“Technical matters” has been the focus of this thread for some time. In fact, it remains along with that other on the Physics forum the best informed combined resource with an investigative approach on the Fukushima event available on the Internet. As such it IS a target of those who would like to see its credibility undermined. I think you realise that already.

You are lying,
please read the Posting from the Thread-Op
(everyone who is concerned should do this!!!),
in fact some People Hijacked this Thread a few Months ago and started
to kill this Thread through a technical endless Debates,
the real Shills

There is No-One who know what is going on there,
Tepco corrected already so many Hand-Outs and Press-Releases
to create a Confusion,
some because of own stupidity and some because of translation Errors!

Also there is No-One who know how this Catastrophe will end!

A Debate, Discussion about a Topic where we do not know much
will lead into Silence, there is a point when a Discussion became fruitless
(because some important and urgently needed Points are unknown!),
imo. that Point was reached at page 700!

So we need to create a Collective Hive from where we can pick up
a new Approach and than we can start to kill all the bloody Pigs with one Strike!

Ganbatte!

The Afternoon-Shake was a short but hefty one
let us hope that we do not see more of them!
edit on 15-9-2011 by Human0815 because: Add Info for a better Grammar

edit on 15-9-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2011 by Human0815 because: spell, sorry

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

TEPCO releases chart of Work Internal and External Radiation Exposure

www.tepco.co.jp...

And the poor worker that had no charcoal filter in his full-faced mask...

At approximately 8:18 am on September 15, we found a partner company worker unequipped with a charcoal filter to the full-faced mask after the worker entered the site of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station. We will check the worker by whole body counter if he took in radioactive materials.

www.tepco.co.jp...

But hopefully this indicates that they are finally checking!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

I have some interesting screen grabs, but I can't seem to open my ATS picture bank. It just goes white screen. I will try again in a while. It seems shutting down and running Sys. Mec. doesn't help either. Maybe ATS is having glitches today? Yesterday was bumpy too. See you in a bit.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Hooray!!! Areva is suspending uranium production!!

PARIS — French nuclear giant Areva is suspending uranium production at two plants because of low demand from Japanese power stations in the wake of the Fukushima disaster, a spokeswoman said Thursday.

"This decision is based on the events in Japan, which today has led to a drop in deliveries to Japanese power producers and short term downward pressure on prices in this market," Areva said in a statement.

Areva said there were no plans to suspend or lay off the less than 600 workers from the plants, who will be asked to attend training sessions or use up holiday allowances while their plants are taken off-line.

www.google.com...

Perfect time to retrain personal for SOLAR production and innovation!!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

TEPCO Vid in English: Water Injection System

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Unit 3 now up to 103 C....

Uhummmm....

101 C yesterday...today 103 C...

Core spray injection ain't doing Jack.

www.tepco.co.jp...

And those "Disaster Prevention Tanks"...

www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
reply to post by Purplechive

I have some interesting screen grabs, but I can't seem to open my ATS picture bank. It just goes white screen. I will try again in a while. It seems shutting down and running Sys. Mec. doesn't help either. Maybe ATS is having glitches today? Yesterday was bumpy too. See you in a bit.

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I was going to upload the crane radiation pics from cryptome for you guys, but as AC said the screen just goes, blank.
I have a zillion pictures on my pc that I also have not uploaded to my pictures on ATS too. I will when I can get to it.
rbrtj

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Industrial waste: 144,420 becquerels per kilogram at one facility in Fukushima

Out of the 110 incineration facilities tested, levels of radioactive cesium exceeded 8,000 becquerels per kilogram at 4 sites in Fukushima Prefecture and one each in Iwate and Chiba prefectures. The highest measurement was 144,420 becquerels per kilogram at one facility in Fukushima.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

And what amount of radiation escaped into the air during the incineration process? Arnie warned of that.

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Both cesium-134 and cesium-137 increase in latest San Francisco Bay Area milk sample (CHART)

Berkeley, UC...

enenews.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

TEPCO quietly paid 40 billion yen to areas near nuclear plants

Tokyo Electric Power Co. has been handing out about 2 billion yen (about $26 million) a year in unpublicized payments to local governments near its nuclear facilities, sources said Sept. 14. Though the large sums in taxes and public grants paid by the firm to local communities are public knowledge, the full scale of its additional, anonymous giving has not previously been revealed.

It total, over the past 20 years, the company spent more than 40 billion yen on payments known internally as "funds to deal with local communities." One TEPCO executive said: "We paid the donations because we wanted to obtain the understanding of local governments on the construction of nuclear power plants. (We did not disclose the amounts of the donations because) we wanted to avoid criticism that we had collusive relations with local authorities."

According to several TEPCO executives, the electric power company earmarked 1 billion yen to 2 billion yen at the start of each fiscal year for the payments. When necessary, that amount would be increased during the year, raising the average annual spending between 1990 and 2010 to more than 2 billion yen. That was in addition to the money flowing into local coffers from nuclear fuel taxes and grants mandated under the three laws on electric sources.

Read the rest:

Second Fukushima plant unlikely to reopen: (Hmmm???)

TOKYO — Japan's new industry minister has acknowledged it will be difficult to restart the companion nuclear plant to the one at the heart of the country's atomic crisis, media reports said. The Fukushima Daini (number two) nuclear complex is about 12 kilometres (seven miles) from the stricken Fukushima Daiichi (number one) plant where reactors went into meltdown following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami. The Daini plant was less badly hit but was unlikely to gain approval to restart operations, Yukio Edano said in an interview Thursday with local media including the Kyodo news agency.

"I do not believe that we can obtain local approval," Kyodo quoted him as saying, adding that approval from local authorities was a "precondition" for any plant to restart operations. All four reactors at the Fukushima Daini plant were hit by the twin natural disasters but have been brought to a stable state of "cold shutdown".

More to read:

Japan Atomic Energy Body Sees Technical Hurdles Ahead (AHA!)

Japan's efforts to safely dismantle the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear complex is expected to be fraught with technical challenges and take more than a decade to complete, the government's Atomic Energy Commission said Wednesday. Removing the fuel from the spent-fuel pools and the reactors is vital to ensuring there will be no radiation leakage from the quake-ravaged facility.

Experts fear that their structures might have been weakened by the heat and radiation from the damaged fuel and the large amount of seawater that was poured into them as an emergency measure to cool down the fuel. The commission, an independent body tasked to formulate the nation's nuclear policy, will explain to other countries about a decommissioning plan during the annual general meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency, to be held in Vienna next Monday. Commission chairman Shunsuke Kondo previously offered his view that it would take at least 10 years before the plant operator, Tokyo Electric Power Co., becomes ready to remove the fuel from the three damaged reactors.

"It took five years to start a similar operation after an accident at the Three Mile Island plant in 1979," said Katsuichiro Hijikata, head of Tepco's Nuclear Seismic Engineering Center. "It would likely take longer at the Fukushima plant, given that it has three damaged reactors as opposed to just one at the TMI plant, and that the extent of the damage is far more serious." Read more:

So, since yesterday i am Monitoring too!
The Situation here in Setagaya and Kawasaki is not soooooo bad
but still 4-5 times higher than reported by the Government!
The Readings are in between 0,090 uSievert/h and 0,270 uSievert/h
in front of my House, i done the Checking with 2 different Geiger-Counter!
edit on 16-9-2011 by Human0815 because: Format

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The problem with this is that the government is not telling people about how dangerous the nuclear explosion is... indeed they have been successful in preventing the media from informing the public about the extremity of the radiation that is currently not only in Japan but also spreading across the entire globe. With a nuclear explosion even more serious than the one at Chernobyl in 1986, why would the Japanese government make no effort in evacuating its citizens? Ever thought that maybe there is a reason behind all this covering up? Maybe it was not a 'natural' disaster after all? Maybe some sort of organisation called the NWO stimulated the whole play using their HAARP?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Don't link to myself usually but just in the interests of continuity.

Okay - so we have another Tepco page. The utility company is no longer a money earner and therefore a money loser. It is the scapegoat for the entire nuclear corporate mafia and publically executed, well sold off, whereupon the receiver will be allowed to wriggle free of any obligations to pay the victims. The perfect crime.

It would seem this thread has now been diverted to help service that objective. But lets take a look at what some entities wish you to be diverted from focusing on. First off, oh Tepco again. Let’s get them out of the way.

Destinyone -
posted this

TOKYO/LONDON: Tokyo Electric Power Co, the world's most indebted utility, has lost 1.93 trillion yen (100 yen = RM3.78) in market value as creditors snap up contracts to protect against default following the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl.
Shares in Tokyo Electric, or Tepco, have plunged 57 per cent in three days,...
"There is no bottom in sight," said Satoshi Yuzaki, Tokyo-based head of the market information department at Takagi Securities Co…”There's a possibility that they will have to deal with liability issues as well."
Read more: Tepco loses 1.93t yen in market value www.btimes.com.my...

Now ASIDE from the diverted target here is some more of what you can find earlier in this thread - scoping da range.

Chakotay -
France urged its nationals living in Tokyo to either leave Japan or move further south on the archipelago. Chakotay observed the French chose to listen to the Japanese Emperor house, rather than to the nations government officials, and also noted the significant breaks in protocol made by the Emperor who’s highly symbolic personal appearance and gift giving to Fukushima evacuees, and the unusual nature of the speech he made on TV direct to Japan.

SDoradus -
General Electric (GE) built the nuclear plants, and the assets of GE include CNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, that GE pays zero taxes “and fills our head with static”.

Brocktoon -
On the visit of the French prime minister and Carlos Ghosn chairman of Renault in March.
“Sarkoszy is there for one thing: to set up monitoring of these French assets, and to make sure that the exclusion zone is not ever expanded to include them. So when people ask why the evacuation zone has not been expanded to 50km, when the IAEA thinks it should. Have a careful look at what's on the ground within those 50 km, and who's just happens to be visiting Japan.... “

SFA437 -
“A CBIRF is being dispatched which is a COMBAT unit of the USMC which has as part of it's duties Embassy protection. The CBIRF was conceived and created to attack/defend high value targets in an NBC environment. The CBIRF is not a PA/CA "hearts and minds" unit. They kill people and break things. The CBIRF is NOT a repair service or there to string wire & do plumbing. They are there to protect and evac Embassy personnel in an NBC environment in a worst case scenario- I say this with 110% certainty.”

Arluk -
“There are well-founded complaints about slow release of data from Japan related to the current situation. I will purport that the current situation is far more forthcoming with information than the United States government was regarding its release of information regarding its top secret (classified) experiments with nuclear related emissions as well as the impact on health of unsuspecting residents in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana.”

Procharma -
“EU secretly ups caesium safety level in food 20-fold . According to EU by-laws, radiation limits may be raised during a nuclear emergency to prevent food shortages. “

Vitchilo -
“Japan says no thanks to Korean nuclear experts help
Japan has refused proposed assistance from South Korean nuclear experts as it struggles to deal with the dangers of a possible nuclear power plant meltdown.

According to the Nuclear Safety Division at the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Korea expressed its will to send nuclear experts to assist Japan’s efforts to bring the crisis under control on March 18.

But Seoul received a message the following day saying that they did not need immediate assistance just yet.”
#Japan Foreign Min. Matsumoto: #Fukushima radioactive water release does not violate int'l law; diplomatic corps informed beforehand.

Japan sets new radiation safety level for seafood
The government set its first radiation safety standards for fish Tuesday after Japan’s tsunami-ravaged nuclear plant reported radioactive contamination in nearby seawater measuring at several million times the legal limit.

Destinyone -
“www.newsdaily.com...
Two personal comments..
1., P+ssing off China, is not recommended.
2.,The rest of the world is taking notice...but, sadly, it's concern for their own economic butts, not a world wide nuclear disaster.”

Silverlok -
On a report from the EPA.

(edit)
and continue to decrease over time,” EPA said.

“...it's disgusting there is evidence right in the report contradicting the EPA and yet the U.S. is saying the SAME EXACT TYPE OF ambiguous ( read as : meaningless) crap as TEPCO was shouting there for the first month. And I would like some members of the EPA who have actual names and faces to stand behind this information and sign their names to it.“

Dancedwithwolves -
“More secrets...don't tell me these people don't keep secrets....it's called conspiring.

Japan, U.S. negotiating construction of nuclear waste facility in Mongolia
ULAN BATOR, Mongolia -- Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry and the U.S. Department of Energy have secretly been advancing plans to construct the world's first international storage and disposal facility for spent nuclear fuel in Mongolia, it has been learned.

Mistake previous post
Wertwog -
Not 'werthog' as I had it.

Couldn't link to the links put up by these posters. But, all goes to make you think this issue runs a lot deeper than just TEPCO, doesn’t it?
edit on 16-9-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky8
Maybe it was not a 'natural' disaster after all? Maybe some sort of organisation called the NWO stimulated the whole play using their HAARP?

There is a own Thread:
HERE:

But let me tell you that "this Idea/ Story" is Bullpoo
from a Guy who know nothing and is very bad in Researching

reply to post by Tallone

I think everyone in this Forum know that the Industrial Complex is big, perverse and fascistic,
but we cant go and try to kill this Monster because it has to many Headz!

So, what do you want to do?

edit on 16-9-2011 by Human0815 because: add a question

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Originally posted by Vitchilo
A very in depth investigation into the MOX fuel in the US... quite scary really.

The Bomb Plant

The United States, using AREVA, a French government owned contractor, is building a MOX plant, at a cost of billions of dollars for U.S. taxpayers, that will produce an even deadlier form of AREVA-made plutonium-based fuel that was loaded into Fukushima Daiichi Reactor Number Three a year ago.

Building MOX reactors is pure insanity. They are FILLED with plutonium (compared to normal reactors). Plutonium will stay in the environment for the next 240 000 years or so... basically FOREVER.

edit on 13-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Yes, isn't that a smack to the forehead. A lot of people will not be aware. The wider implications of the sheer power of the global nuclear industry are revealed in that article.

Also maybe relevant to that. Though not specifically MOX related is this. Fairly old story now but current situation.
english.aljazeera.net...

Why have alarms not been sounded about radiation exposure in the US?

Nuclear operator Exelon Corporation has been among Barack Obama's biggest campaign donors, and is one of the largest employers in Illinois where Obama was senator. Exelon has donated more than $269,000 to his political campaigns, thus far. Obama also appointed Exelon CEO John Rowe to his Blue Ribbon Commission on America's Nuclear Future.

Dr Shoji Sawada is a theoretical particle physicist and Professor Emeritus at Nagoya University in Japan.
He is concerned about the types of nuclear plants in his country, and the fact that most of them are of US design.

"Most of the reactors in Japan were designed by US companies who did not care for the effects of earthquakes," Dr Sawada told Al Jazeera. "I think this problem applies to all nuclear power stations across Japan."

Using nuclear power to produce electricity in Japan is a product of the nuclear policy of the US, something Dr Sawada feels is also a large component of the problem.

"Most of the Japanese scientists at that time, the mid-1950s, considered that the technology of nuclear energy was under development or not established enough, and that it was too early to be put to practical use," he explained. "The Japan Scientists Council recommended the Japanese government not use this technology yet, but the government accepted to use enriched uranium to fuel nuclear power stations, and was thus subjected to US government policy.

And another quote from the same good doctor. This one illustrates the real issue for the Japan nuclear industry, and a reason why they must heap the whole Fukushima catastrophe on TEPCO and sink it, and they hope the whole issue of the nuclear industry and its abysmal safety record.

"I think the Fukushima accident has caused the Japanese people to abandon the myth that nuclear power stations are safe," he said. "Now the opinions of the Japanese people have rapidly changed. Well beyond half the population believes Japan should move towards natural electricity."

I had meant to comment on the video you posted earlier, the one on Fukushima kids having heart attacks. Good find. It underlines how the real problem now is the hot particles (or radioactive particulates) that came down and continues coming down from the damaged nuclear plants. It also underlines the criminal lack of action taken by the Japanese governing authorities.

edit on 16-9-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1061  1062  1063    1065  1066  1067 >>

join