It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1061.htm
<< 1058  1059  1060    1062  1063  1064 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

IAEA Declares Fukushima Reactors Stable;

Confidence in nuclear power still strong (UK)

This gave me a headache. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'm sure this throbbing light on the side of #1 is nothing more than a revolving light, right?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

TEPCO's Diagram of "Disaster Prevention Tanks"

Wonder what this is all about...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 12-9-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Enenews...Nailed It!!

Strange: Nuclear waste being processed during explosion in France had radioactivity of 17 becquerels/kg — 30 times less contaminated than what Japan considers safe to eat, 500 Bq/kg

enenews.com... an-what-japan-considers-safe-to-eat-500-bqkg

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

I'm sure this throbbing light on the side of #1 is nothing more than a revolving light, right?
www.youtube.com...

For AC.

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Look like my glowing is part of the crane.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

AC - Too weird. What the heck would cause erratic blinking/pulsating just from the thing hanging off the crane? Then again we've never been in this territory before. Weird. Start questioning your eyesight and sanity.

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Spent Fuel Pool (SFP) 4 and Exploration of 5th Floor Reactor Unit 4

May have already been posted...but dang good footage...

- Purple Chive
edit on 12-9-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just so that we have this documented, this is an article from the Jerusalem Post on 15 March

15 mar 2011 Jerusalem post
Israeli firm’s cameras recording Japanese nuclear core

As the world continues to gaze with concern at Japan’s Fukushima nuclear power plant, hi-tech security cameras installed by an Israeli defense firm are recording events at the troubled core from an insider’s vantage point.

The Arava-based Magna BSP company, which specializes in producing and installing stereoscopic sensory and thermal imaging cameras, had been contracted to place cameras around one of the plant’s six cores – the core that has been experiencing explosions and overheating.

====================
and also this from the news site - how reliable it is, I dont know. I dont remember this being posted by zworld already, but if it has been, I am sorry for the duplication. Link to where I found original - welt.de

March 21 Arnie Gundersen discussing the thermal images with John King USA on CNN, March 21, 2011 at 7:00 pm EDT:

edit on 12 Sep 2011 by qmantoo because: add Arnie bit

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It's incredible how far Japan has come since the earthquake/tsunami. It's been 6 months since the incident and look how far they have come. I'm amazed by the sheer dedication the Japanese have put into the rebuilding process. Go to this link to take a link at before and after pictures. I believe this is worthy of its own thread, but I'll just post it here anyways.

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

The Arava-based Magna BSP company, which specializes in producing and installing stereoscopic sensory and thermal imaging cameras, had been contracted to place cameras around one of the plant’s six cores – the core that has been experiencing explosions and overheating.

Interesting. Magna BSP. For Israel. Hmmmmm? I didn't know Israel defense forces subcontracted. Who else has cameras down there?

I want them all. Good score Q.

No I didn't post that one with the wording, but it's part of the original set of four. The 128C reading was in the MOD version but not in the NHK version released to the press that I know of. I meant to use that one too but forgot. I was going to use it to point out the coolness in the hole in the TB roof. Originally this is one of the reasons why I didn't believe that the reactor cap had launched and landed here. There was no heat signature. But that was when I thought these were taken on the 15th or 16th. Now that it appears that these were taken on the 20th, Tepco had time to cover over any heat sources, like they did everywhere else. Bury and hide. So hot reactor parts going through this hole is still a possibility. It would help explain the high rad readings in this basement a week later.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Yeah. Later at the end it becomes really bright and a distinct flashing light pattern. But whats weird to me is the amount of movement in pixels throughout the whole picture when I put it full screen. It seems more than ever before. I think I need to remember that it is possible that accumulated radiation is starting to affect the cams. Or its just the cheap cam thing again.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

zworld I spent a lot of time with those thermals when they first came out and I am fairly certain they have been 'manipulated' to the point of being almost useless. It would appear that the release dates were suspiciously aligned with the concerted effort of Tepco , the japanese bank consortium controlled by the japanese government ( or vis-a-via) , and the SDF ( japanese military ) to try an approach that would make people believe that:

A) nuclear power plants could not lose containment

B) human error or some other excuse ( power generators , power loss, fairies , unicorns , elves, etc ) was wholly to blame for fukushima ( as opposed to an end of it's life span 40 year old reactor in a high earthquake prone area on the seafront where massive tsunami's are know to occur had nothing to do with it ...not to mention Tepco's HORRIBLE safety record )

C) little to no radiation was being released , and the spent fuel pools were not ( yes they are ) the environment disasters that they seemed to be

D) that one segment could be made to take the blame , be it government or Tepco, and that the "authorities" ( military in this case ) had everything under control and were releasing data in a "transparent" manner ( nothing could be farther from the truth )

the thermal images stopped being released when they realized they could not hide the multiple meltdowns ( though they tried diligently in all areas to do so ) and the disasters that were the spent fuel pools .

now let us add to that that the res of the photos ( among the other anomalies ) is simply horrible :

for instance

IKONOS Main article: IKONOS Launched in 1999 by Space Imaging, IKONOS collects 82 cm (32 in) panchromatic and 3.2 m (10 ft) multispectral data at a rate of over 2,000 km2 (770 sq mi) per minute. IKONOS orbits the Earth every 98 minutes at an altitude of approximately 680 km (420 mi). It travels a sun-synchronous orbit, passing a given longitude at 10:30 AM local time. IKONOS...

GeoEye-1 GeoEye-1 (Former name OrbView 5) launched on September 6, 2008 at 11:50:57 a.m. PDT (1850:57 UTC). The satellite separated successfully from its Delta II launch vehicle at 12:49 p.m. PDT (1949 UTC), 58 minutes and 56 seconds after launch.[13] The satellite provides 41 centimetres (16 in) panchromatic and 1.65 meter multispectral imagery in 15.2km swaths. The spacecraft is intended for a sun-synchronous orbit at an altitude of 425 miles (684 km) and an inclination of 98 degrees, with a 10:30 a.m. equator crossing time. GeoEye-1 can image up to 60 degrees off nadir.. ...

and this is only one of three companies that can and do have better thermals than the trite we are expected to swallow coming out of the ministry of defense ( hey SDF WHY do you stop posting thermals, and why haven't the earlier thermals been released ??? oh yeah they will show beyond a shadow of a doubt temps well above the 350 DegC design maximums for the reactors at fuku, at least we still have the reactor raw data showing temps in excess of 350C ) . not to mention that teh guy runngin GEO-eye is James Alan Abrahamson, whom way back in 1961 was assigned

In August 1961, Abrahamson was assigned as spacecraft project officer on the VELA Nuclear Detection Satellite Program at Los Angeles Air Force Station, California

Vela , that sounds nice , like perhaps California came up with a new kind of cheese to try and compete with Wisconsin :

Vela started out as a small budget research program in 1959. It ended 26 years later as a successful, cost-effective space system. In the 1970s, the nuclear detection mission was taken over by the Defense Support Program (DSP) system, and in the late 1980s, augmented by the Navstar Global Positioning System (GPS) satellites. The program is now called the Integrated Operational Nuclear Detection System (IONDS).

but yet given all that tech and development the SDF expects us to believe a non-linear assemblage of low res thermals taken at different angles ( and not otho-rectified ) , with clear and glaring editing is the 'best' it has to show? somehow the haunch on this dog is simply not enough. one thing that is possible in a limited sense from the thermals is that at four one can find a general movement of the centers of heat concentrations in and around the actual reactor core , as that was missed in the sanitizing process

sadly the thermals were a cheap trick to sell the Japanese people and the world on "no immediate threat" ( while we cover # up ) thinking, and they do ( did ) not match the reactor raw temperature data in any reliable way ( they should be mutually re-enforcing)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaolinMilk

Originally posted by ShaolinMilk
It's incredible how far Japan has come since the earthquake/tsunami. It's been 6 months since the incident and look how far they have come. I'm amazed by the sheer dedication the Japanese have put into the rebuilding process. Go to this link to take a link at before and after pictures. I believe this is worthy of its own thread, but I'll just post it here anyways.

www.theatlantic.com...

Good thing you never posted the photos on the thread. That would have really p**** me off (Brit. expression).

Photos of people praying to the ruins. No turn to mysticism or religious rites if you like can detract from the reality this was a human caused catastrophe. One that ought to have been avoided with foresight and planning. The corporations and politicians know catastrophes like the tsunami happens in places like Fukushima, but they go and build not one but SIX reactors on the site, beside the sea just a short crow flies to the main metropolis and in the middle of the very best of the countries farming land.

Six months later and yes just look how far they have come. Somewhere between 80,000 and 100,000 people evacuated and unable to return to their homes in Fukushima. 45% of the children tested for thyroid contamination found to be positive. A rapidly rising suicide count amongst the evacuees and the local farmers. Contaminated beef and vegetables shipped all over Japan because the government did not and has still not properly set up a system of checks blocking produce from the area.

And around the tsunami hit coastline debris still piled high.

A bill of 17 trillion yen to rebuild and the Japanese government have pushed through a mere 6 million yen in packages to rebuild. Yes, well that is only marginally better than what the NZ government is doing for the affected residents of Christchurch who lost their homes in the earthquakes, with 10% without insurance told by Prime Minister Key hard luck since they had decided to "risk it".

Six months later and the wrecked power plant is belching contaminants into the air and ocean, unimpeded by any kind of structure as yet.

Why is there a need to find anything good to say about such a catastrophe? Huh? The negligence and greed of politicians jumping to the tune of corporations meant it was largely man made, Not a result of bad luck.

Check out the history of Japan's nuclear industry. You find nothing in it was meant for the benefit of the people. It was always about corporate profit. Right from the very beginning, following the end of the war. I have already posted some history on this thread.

There are some posters here, some who have posted some damn insightful stuff, who appear to find the Japanese to blame for what has happened. Wake up! Of course there is a greedy bunch of elites in power in Japan, just like everywhere else. References to the 'Japs', 'monkeys'…etc I can't recall the other labels, they are just not helpful. You are slapping them all over everyone. You might as well slap one right on your forehead as you post it.

You know what? The same bunch of f***kers are in charge over there you got in your own countries. Only this bunch have had such tight control over there country for so long they think they can get away with anything. Oh just a moment, that is kind of like Bush junior following Katrina, Obama following the Gulf Spill, Gillard following the Queensland floods, Keys following the Christchurch earthquakes, and so on isn't it? Corporations first before the people. Corporations first second and third. They were supposed to be working for the people. So enough of the brainless pin this on the morons exercise. It is the system in place to blame for putting these people in charge. Has anyone noticed what is happening with global economy lately? Has anyone noticed how it is the people the population not part of the most wealthy 1% that are being made to pay for financial speculation of the bankers, the owners of industry, the ones running your countries.

Now anyone thinking the next natural catastrophe where-ever it happens in the world is going to be responded to by a government who has learned the lessons of recent history better think again.

And I got to say right here, There has been on this thread for several weeks a developing atomisation of events. I think at least in part an intentional effort by some posters, rather than simply a case of a lack of good analysis. I mean compared to what was taking place on the thread earlier. I know some of those posters still pop in for a look see then bolt. Look if you are going to put up post, after post, after bloody post on a day by day basis at least aim to explain something. Enough of the pictures already unless they form a clear narrative.

I guess I might have hurt a few feelings here. Well this has been a serious and seriously productive thread for some time. As someone once said here, you are playing with the big boys now. I don't pretend to be one of them, at least not one with an advanced degree in physics, or expertise in engineering. But I am an analyst and on that basis I urge those who posted some damn good analysis, and you know who you are, to come back. This thread is to my mind the single most important thread on ATS. Defend it. Watch out for those who have a mission to make this thread a mess rather than productive.

edit on 13-9-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

hey SDF WHY do you stop posting thermals, and why haven't the earlier thermals been released ??? oh yeah they will show beyond a shadow of a doubt temps well above the 350 DegC design maximums for the reactors at fuku, at least we still have the reactor raw data showing temps in excess of 350C )
reply to post by Silverlok

That's what I was saying up there the other day. Only now I don't feel the need to be politely indirect since its venting the spleen time.

A whole story with analysis is needed in these posts. Yours, yeah, that is the kind I think we need. So welcome back.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

As has been said before on this thread we all all fairly aware that a "government" in today's environment , almost no where on this planet is representative of the vast majority of it's people , so much so in fact it is true to say that the people and the "government" cannot even be considered in the same breath. Japan as a microcosm has definitely had some EXTREMELY corrupt elements in government since the end of world war two , resulting in one of the most rigid social structures in the world, clearly in the corp environ that is trying to be expressed as a globally dominate method of control is ubiquitous among the power concentrators whom wish to make "nationality" and " patriotism " into globalism.

National boundaries are an f'n joke considering the financial web of the world, we are all in this together and it is condensing down to the masses ( no matter their shape size or placement on this globe ) that have nothing other than gravity , air and reality and the 'others' whom seem to have a hard time even understanding what ground is let alone putting their feet on it ( they think tech gives them the power but they do not understand the tech )

Fukushima has illustrated this beyond the shadow of a doubt .

dumb isn't the end game , what is ?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The metal skeleton around R1 apparently they are dust sampling.

posted by Tepco 12 Sep 2011 see handouts_pdf 110912_02-e.pdf

From the pdf handouts_110912_03-e.pdf
- I dont understand how they can still be injecting and cooling the spent fuel pools and reactors when there is nothing there to cool in many cases. Just to keep up the illusion I suppose.

There is a pretty diagram with lots of colours(!) describing the water treatment system with maintenence on scheduled for 13/14th september in pdf handouts_110912_04-e.pdf
pdf handouts_110912_04-e.pdf
edit on 13 Sep 2011 by qmantoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

B) human error or some other excuse ( power generators , power loss, fairies , unicorns , elves, etc ) was wholly to blame for fukushima ( as opposed to an end of it's life span 40 year old reactor in a high earthquake prone area on the seafront where massive tsunami's are know to occur had nothing to do with it ...not to mention Tepco's HORRIBLE safety record )

It boggles the mind. And don't forget defective steel used in reactor construction.

At this point I figure everything, thermals to press releases to radiation surveys is probably manipulated. My knee jerk gut feeling about the whole thing is that Daiichi is a bubbling mass of ultra hot fuel everywhere, including enriched plutonium underground, and we are running down the razors edge with potential worldwide disaster on both sides. One wrong move, or big aftershock that shakes up the fuel, and we could see radioactivity released on a scale far beyond anything ever imagined.

But I try to play devil's advocate as well. Plus it helps relax me. Sometimes.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
www.shimbun.denki.or.jp...
They have a new plan for removing the fuel from the pools. Bottom paragraph has very confusing numbers. [What else is new, eh?]

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
The metal skeleton around R1 apparently they are dust sampling.

posted by Tepco 12 Sep 2011 see handouts_pdf 110912_02-e.pdf

Here's an image of what they have attached to the bottom of the crane:

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

top topics

<< 1058  1059  1060    1062  1063  1064 >>

join