It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 106.htm
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by porky1981
I want to know what the US and other foreign experts are contributing to manage or prevent further progression of this accident in japan? we see a lot about how experts are being consulted, etc., but where are the results?

Would you be willing to send a team of your experts, engineers, physicists and military personnel needed to this site on a potentially suicidal mission to 'help'?

And if you gathered these people, how many would willingly go?

Would you go?

There are no easy answers here, no quick fixes, and it just keeps getting worse.

The only things that can be done now are... and that is a continued effort to cool the reactor cores to prevent a complete meltdown... But at some point, if the radiation gets any higher, that effort will have to be abandoned as well.

Pray for those who are fighting this now, they are already likely making the ultimate sacrifice, knowingly in order to hopefully save lives.

I never said they should go to the site.. We keep reading about how Japan has asked for 'advice' and help from nuclear experts in the US and other countries... so I want to know, what advice have they given Japan and are they following it?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

That news is from yesterday, that is not news anymore.
But still importen...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Huh, this little real time meter is up to 36 CPM now. Earlier it was 20. Not sure what that means but it cant be good.

Link

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by porky1981

Think about it this way: if your car was hit by a speeding freight train, would consulting experts on designing cars help minimize the damage?

There is nothing these experts can do about the six reactors at Plant 1. The damage is done and irreversible.

We need experts in radiation treatment, meteorologists, and logistics now... its too late for nuclear physicists to help.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maestro28
I'm a little confused right now. We had explosions in reactors 1-3 and a fire in 4 earlier today. So did reactor 4 also explode at some point within the last 4 hours or so ??

#2 also had explosions and the experts on the Japanese news said it was the worst because they believe it may be a breach. Wish I could record some of those interviews But they rerun them quite often He also said #5 and #6 are in trouble

I am sure the major UK news sources pick up these same interviews

www.livestation.com...

Actually its on RIGHT NOW

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceekay
New fire at reactor 4

Reported on bbc news (on tv) no link sorry

Found some recent updates on the BBC Live Page..

2157: Tepco says efforts are underway to tackle the fire inside the building which houses the number four reactor, Reuters reports.

.2153: Flames are rising from the reactor, AP reports.

2152: AFP is reporting a new fire at the number four reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.

BBC Live

Edit to add : Someone on another thread was watching the TV news and said the blaze started in the outer housing of the reactor vessel . So this is a different fire at the same reactor as earlier there was the fire in the pond where the spent fuel rods are kept.
edit on 15/3/11 by cosmicpixie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

There is no danger of vaporizing explosions... but there is another possibility. There could be pockets of radioactivity strong enough to be lethal within minutes.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Talking about using helicopters to dump water onto the roof pools and fire trucks to spray water... but radiation is too high to get close

Live now
www.livestation.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
BBC news has just reported that 34 US American physicists are now in Japan, helping with the reactors.

Sorry no link.... could someone else who is listening to the bbc news back up this post?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
For all those asking, yes, this is a new fire in the No. 4 reactor. Here's the latest details we have so far: www.reuters.com

live.reuters.com...

Just posted on reuters.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

www.bbc.co.uk...

Heres a link

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Radiation warning zone expansion...

Warnings to keep out of the rain and use disposable rain coats

More blasts and fire at #4

Water level now low at #5

previous warning zone

Updated warning zone

Live now

www.livestation.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
REDNECK

The report is that the blaze broke out in the outer housing of the container vessel ? What would cause this and was does it signal to you ? Thanks

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by porky1981

actually, common damn sense and a dose of reality says they should be evacuating this island. it is mother natures now, she has claimed it. evacuate everyone and hope mother takes her to the ocean floor. there is nothing left there for life. at least for the next 200 years or sooo.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
For those people they have told within the 30km range to stay indoors, they NEED to administer Eternity pills so that they do not have to watch in total horror as their children, their families die slowly and in terrible pain.

I am so sick, so beyond sad.

Aquatic food supplies and the bounty from the ocean are now history, there is no more.
edit on 15-3-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

THE operator of Japan's stricken Fukushima No.1 nuclear power plant says it has scrapped a plan to use helicopters to pour water into a reactor whose overheating fuel storage unit is emitting radiation.
The storage pool, used to hold spent nuclear fuel rods, caught fire yesterday in an alarming escalation of Japan's nuclear crisis.
The blaze was extinguished but fears remain that water may boil away and the rods could be dangerously exposed.
Tokyo Electric Power company spokesman Hajimi Motojuku said early today that helicopters were deemed impractical, but that other options were under consideration, including fire engines.
Officials are struggling to address the failure of safety systems at several of the plant's six reactors after Friday's massive earthquake and tsunami.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
For those people they have told within the 30km range to stay indoors, they NEED to administer Eternity pills so that they do not have to watch in total horror as their children, their families die slowly and in terrible pain.

Hang on, are you suggesting suicide?

NO ... Never give up hope, this has NOT gone to an absolute worst case here, there is always hope, they will fight to the bitter end to control this... They may fail, but NO one should be considering suicide, that is just wrong, and you should not even suggest such a thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here in the Midwest potassium Iodide is flying off the store shelves, some according to local news channels are buying for their loved ones on the west coast and others for themselves here.

The gulf stream will be carrying the radiation in the wind. Although the likelihood of it reaching to our area the reality cannot be denied completely.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I noticed that the Wikipedia page for INES is not updated (yet)...
International Nuclear Event Scale
... it still lists this event as a "4". Not that it really matters, it's not the "official" site for that stuff.
Just thought it was weird that there's a new page just for the Fukushima I nuclear accidents added to Wikipedia, but not an update to the INES page.

Correction:
Looks like Fukushima is not listed at all on the INES Wikipedia page at all. I could have sworn it was before. Maybe I am mistaken.

Correction-2:
Looks like Fukushima is listed, but not as a an example under the 4 or 6 or 7 category.

edit on 2011-3-15 by EnhancedInterrogator because: corections.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

For those who are contaminated and beyond help, yes I think it is death with dignity, facing the ultimate on ones own terms.

It would be a choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join