It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1056.htm
<< 1053  1054  1055    1057  1058  1059 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
FBB

After analyzing what photos existed I was ready to agree that the FBB (far back building, still dont know its real name) was indeed damaged by the R1 blast. Occams razor and all that stuff. Then I found these clips and now Im not sure again.

First shot is pre EQ six months previous.

This is the damage after all explosions

These two are the only shots I could find of the FBB after R1 exploded but before R3 exploded.

The above is inconclusive but points towards the damage occurring sometime after the R1 blast. Another mystery. We may never know unless someone can find conclusive evidence.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Seawater sampling in June thru August

WW, I take back what I said about the last criticality occurring in April. I was going by the sampling for the discharge pipes. However, I found that there indeed was a surge of I131 that occurred in June, but it didn't show up on the discharge lines. Instead it was recorded on the intake lines into R2.

The only reason I can think that it wouldnt show up on discharge lines but still be in the quay would be from groundwater/seawater influx and outflow, which would correspond to the fuel having left the building and being in groundwater. But maybe there's another reason.

Either way I stand corrected.

edit on 8-9-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by Wertwog

Hopefully that makes that issue a bit clearer. There is no doubt that ongoing fission is occurring and shows every propensity to continue to do so. We will know if fission has stopped by whether fission products have stopped being emitted and radioactivity decreases dramatically from the reactors and areas nearby.

WW, not really. Just finding I131 or other short lived fission by-products doesn't necessarily mean fission is on going, only that at one time it was ongoing. To know if fission is ongoing, I131 would increase or stay the same. I agree that fission was going on in March and that it could have happened since, and probably has, but dont believe that it is happening all the time. That would show up in seawater analysis. If fission were on going, then the amounts of the fission products wouldn't have decreased exponentially as we have seen. Or at least as Tepco wants us to see, which is a big question mark in and of itself.

At least thats the thinking at PF. As they say, half a big number is still a big number. What needs to be seen to verify fission ongoing is a new spike of I131 and other fission byproducts, which we haven't seen.

ON EDIT: IMHO the last instance of criticality occurred on April 7th, when they had the 7.1 EQ. The jostling that the EQ produced could have easily caused fuel to relocate or bump around and go critical. many of the criticality accidents in the early days of nuclear experimentation were caused by dropping something on the radioactive material or some other form of neutron excitement.

This event coincides with the discovery of sulphur 35 by Scripps, and the insane forecasts of NILU and others for the period around April 12th, when EPA stopped doing monitoring.

Since this time there has been a decreasing trend in I131 and cesiums that corresponds to no ongoing fission.

I disagree. As long as there are new fission products being produced there is ongoing fission. It doesn't matter if the products are decreasing, that simply means that the amount of fission (chain reactions) is decreasing, or, more precisely, the amount of these products in the medium they are sampling is decreasing. I don't know how you can possibly conclude this corresponds to "no ongoing fission". For example, if there is less water being applied to the mass, then less steam will be released and therefore fewer fission products will be detected in steam. As long as ANY cesium, I-131, and other fission products, continue to be detected there is no other explanation other than fission is occurring. Period. I don't give a FF what PF or anyone else says. We predicted on ATS months ago what was happening while they were stroking themselves over how impossible it was for the RPV's to melt-through and chasing away anyone who contradicted them. Anyone who gets paid by the industry has a vested interest in the industry and I trust them about as far as I could kick them.

As for criticality I agree it is unlikely there have been events recently, but that doesn't mean the risk is 0.

[edit] just saw the above post. no problem.
Criticality events give off a huge neutron surge also, not just an increase in fissile products. These surges would likely force building evacuations and cause other phenomena.

I remember this was TRN's theory as well - that seawater was being directed over the corium masses by tides either through fissures or underground openings. When I correlated the tides with the releases I found no correlation, however we had incomplete data on the exact timing of the releases at the time (only per day, not time of day), and of course we are working with Tepco's release data that is about as reliable as a drunk in a liquor store.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Wertwog because: added something

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Hartmann and Caldicott

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Silverlok

Ok the problem is combustion,
remember rust is combustion too, the products of comb. in this case are no different.
When you apply enough energy from one source too exite atomic structures in another source the result is the process called combustion.
The products of comb. in this case includes not only heat/light but really bad toxic fumes if u wish too think of it as that.
The goal is too remove the sources invovled,,, NOT put out the heat,,your primary and secondary sources of the process of comb. ,, must be interfered with/removed. Then everything else will fall into place.

bob I missed this the first time around you are an unsung hero, ( or maybe unsung hero , which perhaps sounds , too country

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Western Tokyo drainpipe soil samples showing at least 1000bq/kg of contamination, with 50% inaccuracy taken into account. The lab grade gamma detector used needs recalibrating for a wide angle source, so until this is done, the bq/kg results are being conservatively estimated.. CS134 and 137 detected.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Sources said TEPCO defended the censored documents, saying they contain intellectual property and may cause problems concerning the protection of nuclear materials.

Committee Chairman Kawauchi said the blacked out documents "are extremely regrettable. If TEPCO refuses to resubmit the manuals in question, we will consider summoning TEPCO executives as unsworn witnesses."

chop their bits off I say......"Off with their bits!"

They owe the truth in these documents to the Japanese people and if they think there is any radioactive material on that site which is worth stealing or safe to steal, then I would like them to show it to us. As far as we know, it has all melted.

(I suppose there may be good stuff in R5 & R6, but it has already been shown that anyone can walk in and out again without being challenged.)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
reply to post by Silverlok

It is fairly apparent that the plant did not have enough cooling capacity for the number of reactors present and that was engendered by the regulatory ideal (extremely naive) of only single reactor meltdown. E.g. the emergency cooling capacity was for only one reactor failure, and that after 3 reactors and multiple pools needing cooling the cheap ass bastards in charge are now facing the Frankenstein, or Godzilla of there own not so tight ass tight ass decisions (god how I hate corporate shills) . obviously they would like to keep this fact secret at any cost as it is an industry standard world wide.

it was inevitable (as this thread has exposed) that they would be pumping water every where, so inevitably, they have KNOWINGLY been polluting (sic everthing) the ocean the entire time ( sorry Tepco as a plumbing an hydraulics expert no way in the world is that little flow puddle responsible for the total water loss) and yes as I have stated many times the 'hot' water soon losses it's ability to be effective at cooling , sop the transfer back and forth has ABSOLUTELY NEEDED A DUMPING GROUND...

Mr. Matsumura, how many times for Fukushima I wished (wish) I am wrong when predicting/telling of ...this, that is the reality of Fukushima. Why have you stayed ? Can, one love, strong enough heal the damage of so much poisoning? If your path is to where you should go or it reveals something new, you are the Hero of Fukushima...where nothing else, save valiance, will in time stand.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Hopefully that makes that issue a bit clearer. There is no doubt that ongoing fission is occurring and shows every propensity to continue to do so. We will know if fission has stopped by whether fission products have stopped being emitted and radioactivity decreases dramatically from the reactors and areas nearby.

WW, not really. Just finding I131 or other short lived fission by-products doesn't necessarily mean fission is on going, only that at one time it was ongoing. To know if fission is ongoing, I131 would increase or stay the same. I agree that fission was going on in March and that it could have happened since, and probably has, but dont believe that it is happening all the time. That would show up in seawater analysis. If fission were on going, then the amounts of the fission products wouldn't have decreased exponentially as we have seen. Or at least as Tepco wants us to see, which is a big question mark in and of itself.

At least thats the thinking at PF. As they say, half a big number is still a big number. What needs to be seen to verify fission ongoing is a new spike of I131 and other fission byproducts, which we haven't seen.

ON EDIT: IMHO the last instance of criticality occurred on April 7th, when they had the 7.1 EQ. The jostling that the EQ produced could have easily caused fuel to relocate or bump around and go critical. many of the criticality accidents in the early days of nuclear experimentation were caused by dropping something on the radioactive material or some other form of neutron excitement.

This event coincides with the discovery of sulphur 35 by Scripps, and the insane forecasts of NILU and others for the period around April 12th, when EPA stopped doing monitoring.

Since this time there has been a decreasing trend in I131 and cesiums that corresponds to no ongoing fission.

I disagree. As long as there are new fission products being produced there is ongoing fission. It doesn't matter if the products are decreasing, that simply means that the amount of fission (chain reactions) is decreasing, or, more precisely, the amount of these products in the medium they are sampling is decreasing. I don't know how you can possibly conclude this corresponds to "no ongoing fission". For example, if there is less water being applied to the mass, then less steam will be released and therefore fewer fission products will be detected in steam. As long as ANY cesium, I-131, and other fission products, continue to be detected there is no other explanation other than fission is occurring. Period. I don't give a FF what PF or anyone else says. We predicted on ATS months ago what was happening while they were stroking themselves over how impossible it was for the RPV's to melt-through and chasing away anyone who contradicted them. Anyone who gets paid by the industry has a vested interest in the industry and I trust them about as far as I could kick them.

As for criticality I agree it is unlikely there have been events recently, but that doesn't mean the risk is 0.

[edit] just saw the above post. no problem.
Criticality events give off a huge neutron surge also, not just an increase in fissile products. These surges would likely force building evacuations and cause other phenomena.

I remember this was TRN's theory as well - that seawater was being directed over the corium masses by tides either through fissures or underground openings. When I correlated the tides with the releases I found no correlation, however we had incomplete data on the exact timing of the releases at the time (only per day, not time of day), and of course we are working with Tepco's release data that is about as reliable as a drunk in a liquor store.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Wertwog because: added something

I am time hoping at the moment , but might I add that AFTER SIX MONTHS we have a flatter pancake and a much more defined thermal shell and transfer (movement) ratio ( and oscillation of ) in respect to surface area ( and colloidal (galvanic) 'solutions') , so ... criticalites , either rapid or slow are going to be hidden by several (temporizing) thermal and mechanical components ( water) , clearly given tepco's track record they are baning ( er, information , by banking ) on the ability to travel in hyperboly space based on this fact in "information transparency" ......ahahaahahaahahaah, Tepco transparent ...by decision, as opposed to by action )
edit on 8-9-2011 by Silverlok because: cause Tep-crap-i-co uses baby harp seals for bed warmers

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I thought it unusual that there should be spikes like the above in the R2 seawater intake area and not other areas around the quay or in the discharge areas, and then I remembered that there wouldn't be any at the discharge area cause they stopped discharging directly to the sea since the water was radioactive. But the only reason I can figure that the I131 spikes in June and July are seen in the R2 area and not others would be due to leakage from the trenches of R2, so Im going to check and see if the release dates for that coincide with the above graph. If they do, it would indicate that fission could be ongoing constantly but Tepco is lieing about the results of testing the water in the trenches and water treatment system.

And concerning the Sv spikes in R1 it could be a combination of tidal influence and groundwater table rising or lowering due to storms, which were pretty severe during this period. There could also be a pocket of fuel that holds water for a period of time after a tidal surge or water table rise, though considering the geologic make-up of the area this is less likely as sand prevails underneath the plant.

Many assume that the equipment is faulty for R1s rad readings, but why would it follow a distinct pattern if inoperable. Wouldnt it be all over the place all the time? I dont have a clue.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

They owe the truth in these documents to the Japanese people and if they think there is any radioactive material on that site which is worth stealing or safe to steal, then I would like them to show it to us. As far as we know, it has all melted.

This showdown with the govt will show whether there is any hope for the situation. I suspect that Japan will do what the US did concerning BP, act like they are coming down on them when the situation isnt improving but in reality they let BP continue calling the shots and doing whatever they wanted. Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

TEPCO: Daiichi Unit 3 10 days after the earthquake disaster...core remelt?

Is TEPCO finally starting to admit that it's bad...very bad?

Last chart correlating radiation released to the huge spike in nearby towns when it rained...

www.tepco.co.jp...

enformable.com...

- Purple Chive
edit on 9-9-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

WTF? New TEPCO measurement!!!

And the spin continues...

Understand what Bq/cm 3 is..... but what is Bq/cm 4.....Bq/cm5? Math gurus PLEASE!!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

Thanks!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is hard to believe, but it's true. Today on Bloomberg the following quote

The yen strengthened against the dollar and the euro, erasing earlier losses, as investors sought the Japanese currency as an alternative to the U.S. currency.

After all that has happened to Japan in the past six months, the worlds banks now consider Japans economy to be in better shape than the US. scary thought.

PS. If I dont post for awhile its cause I have to take care of some health issues.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Former Japan PM 'prevented nuclear plant pullout'

Former premier Naoto Kan prevented the operator of a stricken Japanese nuclear plant from abandoning it after the March tsunami and forced its older employees onto the frontline, a newspaper reported Friday. People who were then in senior government positions have said executives at Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) sought to withdraw from the Fukushima Daiichi plant on March 15 after it had been hit by a series of explosions.

The Tokyo Shimbun said Friday that Kan stormed into the company's head office in response, saying: "You cannot pull out and look on quietly. Then foreign countries could say 'We'll do it'," citing a transcript it obtained. "There is no retreat when Japan's existence is on the line," Kan reportedly said, adding: "People aged 60 or older may as well go to the site." The report said he told the then president and chairman: "Prepare to meet your fate." Cooling systems and backup generators failed at the plant in the wake of the 14-metre tsunami spawned by a 9.0-magnitude earthquake on March 11.

The accident triggered reactor meltdowns at the plant 220 kilometres (136 miles) northeast of Tokyo and spewed radiation into the environment. Yukio Edano, who was the top spokesman in the Kan government, told the Yomiuri Shimbun this week that then-president of the firm Masataka Shimizu sought to pull workers out, but the head of the plant, Masao Yoshida, said his team could hold out.

"There are various evaluations on the Kan government but at that moment I thought, 'It's good that this man is prime minister,'" Edano told the Yomiuri, recalling Kan speaking to TEPCO employees. More than 16,000 people have worked at the Fukushima Daiichi plant since it began leaking radiation, an official at the health, labour and welfare ministry said.

More to read:

Over 100,000 Fukushima Prefecture residents can't return to hometowns

The estimated population of Fukushima Prefecture has also dipped below 2 million for the first time in 33 years, standing at 1,997,400 as of July 1. While the prefecture's population had already been on the decline since before the nuclear crisis, the number of residents who moved out of the prefecture rose to 32,471 between March and June -- 1.7 times higher than the figure a year earlier. Including those who had not shifted their residence certificates from Fukushima to where they live now, 55,793 residents had evacuated out of the prefecture as of Aug. 25.
read the whole story:

Radiation expert says outcome of nuke crisis hard to predict, warns of further dangers

As a radiation metrology and nuclear safety expert at Kyoto University's Research Reactor Institute, Hiroaki Koide has been critical of how the government and Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) have handled the nuclear disaster at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant. Below, he shares what he thinks may happen in the coming weeks, months and years. The nuclear disaster is ongoing. Immediately after the crisis first began to unfold, I thought that we'd see a definitive outcome within a week. However, with radioactive materials yet to be contained, we've remained in the unsettling state of not knowing how things are going to turn out. Without accurate information about what's happening inside the reactors, there's a need to consider various scenarios. At present, I believe that there is a possibility that massive amounts of radioactive materials will be released into the environment again.

At the No. 1 reactor, there's a chance that melted fuel has burned through the bottom of the pressure vessel, the containment vessel and the floor of the reactor building, and has sunk into the ground. From there, radioactive materials may be seeping into the ocean and groundwater.

Whole Article:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

This is hard to believe, but it's true. Today on Bloomberg the following quote

The yen strengthened against the dollar and the euro, erasing earlier losses, as investors sought the Japanese currency as an alternative to the U.S. currency.

After all that has happened to Japan in the past six months, the worlds banks now consider Japans economy to be in better shape than the US. scary thought.

PS. If I dont post for awhile its cause I have to take care of some health issues.

Hey Z - Please take care of yourself and get better!!!

Some convoluted thoughts about the yen vs. dollar.

Japan is the second largest holder of US treasury bills (US Debt). (I haven't found it posted anywhere, but probably since March 11, Japan hasn't bought many more treasury bills.) They are hunkering down to protect themselves and recover from their tremendous series of tragedies and ain't gonna squander anymore money on loans to the USA while the inept Obama and the rest of the clueless, corrupt, piss-poor senators and congress are in office.

I wonder what is the percentage of foreign made products for sale in Japan? In the USA...it is incredibly difficult to purchase anything made in the States and probably 86% imported. Also the allowance of the "Cayman Island" loophole is reprehensible.

In my humble opinion....
The USA is in desperate need of leadership that reverts back to the rudimentary aspects of the constitution and isolationist mentality.

Anyhow, just get better Z. Leave all this crap alone. Don't worry, it will all still be here when you are better...what's the 1/2 life of plutonium? 24,100 years...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

What comes after yotta?

Researchers at Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA) led by Takuya Kobayashi has come up with the estimate that puts the total amount of radioactive materials leaked into the ocean from Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant at 15,000 terabecquerels. Their estimate includes the radioactive materials in the contaminated water and in the air that fell in the ocean.

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

And more everyday...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

6.7 Vancouver Island, BC

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Cheap Chinese made Radiation Detectors...30 percent lower than real emissions

Now revisions are going to be needed for "personal" readings...

When exposed to radioactive cesium 137, the detectors displayed results far lower than actual radiation levels, in some cases delivering figures more than 30 percent off the genuine emissions.

On Edit: Dang "local gov't" were using them also...

The nine models tested were: AK2011, BS2011+, DoseRAE2 PRM-1200, DP802i, FJ2000, JB4020, RAY2000A, SW83 and SW83a. Of these, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government has bought 70 DoseRAE2 PRM-1200 detectors. Two of the devices have been distributed to each of the local governments within metropolitan Tokyo to measure atmospheric radiation. A representative of the environment and hygiene section of the metropolitan government's health and welfare bureau told the Mainichi, "We are lending out the detectors to local governments after telling them that they can't use them for anything but the simplest of measurements."

mdn.mainichi.jp...

"Happy Thoughts"...obliterated...

- Purple Chive

edit on 9-9-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

I was looking for this Article since Hours,
i saw it the day before yesterday in the TV
and really did not understand it!

Still now i have at least 2 Opinions about this Message,
Nr.1 -Good to know
Nr.2 -Seeding Disinformation

Since F'Shima a huge Amount of faked Counters arrived here,
when you look for the Prices at Amazon understandable
Look: