It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1050.htm
<< 1047  1048  1049    1051  1052  1053 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure if these files have ever been up. Two PDF's on the construction of Daiichi, mostly in Japanese. Apologies in advance if these are a re-run.
cryptome.org...
cryptome.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

"...explosion that vaporized tons of (sic) ... into a mushroom cloud and that triggered secondary hydrogen explosions..."

SF had this nailed months ago

at Unit 3. The mushroom cloud is composed of tons of mass consistent with tons of vaporized water.

I disagree with this statement entirely ( it is spurious at best , when does steam look grey?), as it is somewhat misleading in what salesmen and other suits call a 'front loading' way.

Also surprising is that there has to date been no explanation or even acknowledgement of the dramatic differences between the Fukushima explosions from industry, government or academic sources.

he is apparently unaware of ats or unwilling to call attention to ATS, as we do appear on Googles front page( at teh bottom ) when one googles " fukushima reactor three, steam" ...interestingly lew is at the top of that page .

I like the idea that someone is re-examining the #3 explosion with a closer approximation to what the evidence suggests actually happen as it exposes more eyes on target, but I have a hard time with a fellow that uses the words " steam explosion " ( normally in tight sets of three , a golden rule in sales ) twenty times in a short article .

a couple of facts :
water does not need to boil to create steam

the clean, dirty or seawater status of the water has little to no value in it's explosive expansion in the corium level heat enthalpy environment( though he repeats sea-water many times without a clear explanation of how it is so much different or more important that plain cooling water: distilled water would give a very similar display to seawater if you dropped corium in it ( seawater did other things but was not in any way overly responsible for the initial problems at three )

he did not Otho-rectify the thermal image he is using : he is overlaying a top down map on a 3/4 ( or so ) perspective picture ( his placements for steam are off )

he fails to mention the drying pool , the holes in the roof ( roofs in fact ) , the vectors of debris ( they are inconsistent with his analysis), the blue glow in the footage ,

Or the method that so much 'contaminant got straight up' past a 'still there' lid ( since it would have had to pass through the remnants of the core AND the steam exchanger , both large obstacles) , the fact that part (half in fact) of the concrete cap ( which he shows as intact in his video ) is clearly shown on some of the drone footage as being thrown a significant distance , so in fact off

in fact for a passage of that magnitude ( that blew past the core remnants and steam exchanger and powered them enough to make the steam so gray ( which by the way is consistent with pulverized masonry, and other heavy construction debris ( like when they do building demolition, not "tons of vaporized water") (oh and a ton of water is the neighborhood of only 250 gallons ) if the cap was still in place then we would not see a "mushroom " cloud ( which indicates super sonic velocities straight up ) , we would see a "smoke ring" like halo effect traveling up

here is a massive lava cap being lifted and re-deposited by dirty dirty steam ( it contains volcanic ash 'fines' donctha know ) :

the three booms...what did I say?...the three booms, from SF " not explosive in nature " ...not addressed by lew ( aaahhh lew , but we like it here ),

no offense Wert, you are right it is , sadly, one of the best assessments "CLOSE " to main stream, floating on the web , but we know what floats ...and this thread did a much better job of tying off the loose ends. Lew is in the academic loop ... and most likely is being used as a fall guy for staged information release ... his analysis is better than main stream media but far from complete comprehensive or accurate ( as he sites twice a speculation piece as factual resource ), which means America is now the new sellers market , as we are being sold something ...possible the "no immediate threat" stock that worked so amazingly well in japan

steam explosion , steam explosion , fukushima steam explosion , steam explosion , steam explosion , steam explosion , steam explosion , steam explosion 3 , steam explosion , steam explosion fukushima , steam explosion , steam explosion , steam explosion, steam explosion , steam explosion , fukushima #3, steam explosion ,steam explosion ,steam explosion ,steam explosion, fukushima , steam explosion , steam explosion number three , steam explosion , steam explosion
edit on 3-9-2011 by Silverlok because: gooooooooooggggle

edit on 3-9-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2011 by Silverlok because: Watch your back

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Haha! SO glad ur back Silver! No offense taken. I had temporarily forgotten about the audio! Geez, what a maroon, of course the audio evidence doesn't match up at all.

I thought it was kinda cute how he did analyze the steam vent placements post-explosion even if he is off, I can't recall if we did that or not. It's been a while. What is ortho-rectify? Sounds like it might fix an overbite... Anyhowz... carry on

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Otho-recify is pretty cool if you know the angle you can computer adjust for the top down angle at ( nearly whatever the satellite footage was taken from ) with a diminishing data correlation by degree , as the data was not collected at angle of optimal thermal travel , and if you have ever played a video game or shot at fish in water you know perspective is .... always there
edit on 3-9-2011 by Silverlok because: by the way that last edit ain't mine ...don't know WTF , but "watch my back" really? wow what do you pussy think I DO? oy have you seen sally ?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
reply to post by Wertwog

[..snip]

Nah, that was Gandalf.

or perhaps....

What? Ok ok, I'll stop
But it would have been WAY cooler if #3 could have done that!
edit on 4-9-2011 by Wertwog because: "Let's go get sushi and not pay!"

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yull Brown's gas which can transmutes nuclear material Interesting few paragraphs on this page 4/5ths of the way down. This para and a few more deal with Brown's gas. I did not want to quote it all.

When Dennis teamed up with Yull Brown, Dennis and I spoke at Department of Energy (DOE) hearings regarding the disposal of nuclear waste in America. Brown's Gas can apparently transmute nuclear material, once again doing something that conventional physics regards as "impossible." The Brown's Gas and nuclear material demonstration has been done many times, even in front of DOE personnel with their Geiger counters in hand. The nuclear waste hearings were a ruse to create a fig leaf of consent for the program that was already chosen by the Big Boys. At the hearings, I spoke first about Brown's Gas and its potential, and Dennis went next, trying to convince the DOE to at least look into the Brown's Gas solution, instead of burying the waste in the earth, hoping that nothing happens to it for the next 250,000 years.

Maybe this is an answer for the Japanese?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Eerie echoes of Chernobyl: Inside Fukushima's nuclear ghost town abandoned by people fleeing...

Tragic...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Is this statement is accurate?

The Fukushima disaster released about 15 per cent of the radiation that escaped from the Chernobyl reactor in Ukraine in 1986.

- Purple Chive
edit on 4-9-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

"Chernobyl was a Sunday picnic compared to Fukushima"

endoftheamericandream.com... ly-kill-millions-for-years-to-come

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

"TEPCO-Man" ranting in front of Web cam revealed...

Shooto heavyweight champion and Pride veteran Enson Inoue

Once you were in there though, you went right up to the power plant? Yeah, we just kept driving further and further in and there was no security or anything. We got to the plant and there was a checkpoint, but we just kind of waved our way through with these fake IDs and my other friend hid under some blankets.

And he's a felon...

Before I went to jail, the circle of things that annoyed me was pretty big. (Note: Inoue was jailed in 2008 for possession of marijuana. Inoue spent 30 days in prison and is currently serving a three-year probation.)

www.mmafighting.com...

img16.imageshack.us...

enenews.com...

Enson doesn't admit to going on the TEPCO cam...but when you look at the video and the picture of him in this article...(AC please grab)...they look like the same dudes.

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

This is Interesting...Z, Q, AC et. all...

As to my post just above this one. We now know who the "Mystery" TEPCO guy in the web cam is. But this article has some great photos...and raises some more conjecture as to where the camera is placed.

Just want to pass along...

tokyooutsider.wordpress.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

For Purple : Enson and the clearest of the sreen captures.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Excellent grabs AC - a million stars!!!! It works. Saw Enson Inoue picture in the Fuku head gear...eyebrows and eyes. It's him.

In a way, a shame that it turns out to be a publicity stunt. The security breach is amazing. What if a REAL off-the-wall psycho gets on the premises?

And not too long ago a photographer sneaked in.

What's up with this lack of security. They all wasted on Plutonium?

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wakey, wakey, wakey, it's time for tea and cakey.

Here is what I hope is the final map. It has the dry storage building in it now (thanks J&C) but in the CWT Ive had to change some names and still not sure about them. Have run into other Tepco releases that use different names. For instance, the onsite bunker building is listed as being in either of the buildings in the L shaped building, or the building south, waste storage building, while the support building has two other names, and other anomolies. Im totally convinced that Tepco is doing this on purpose, confusing names or issues, to make it just that much harder to find the facts. Either that or they really are the most disorganized Homer Simpson company on this planet, and I dont think the #5 biggest power company in the world could be that disorganized.

Even though this thread is a part of a conspiracy forum, and as such should be dismissible by the PTB, it sure seems like someone is paying attention to it. Just the fact that data disappears from the net after the issues involved are brought up here, says something. I can't help but think that Tepco and the rest of the nuclear mafia (I think first coined by PC) which includes gov't regulatory agencies mandated with oversight of nuclear operations, cant' believe that someone is still dogging this issue. Hahahahahahba, they lulled 99.99% of the human race back to sleep BUT WE'RE NOT FUGGIN TIRED TEPCO, GET IT.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

In a way, a shame that it turns out to be a publicity stunt. The security breach is amazing. What if a REAL off-the-wall psycho gets on the premises?

And here I was thinking anyone who would want to go into Fukushima nuke plant without getting tons of money must be a psycho. Shows how many different ways there are to look at things.

I agree, the security breach is amazing. It also doesn't fit my scenario of a military facility underground on site. There would be, i would think, at least some security if the military were involved unless the Japanese military is as inept as Tepco. Uhoh, scary thought.

Actually, now that I think about it, would you get out of the air conditioned workshack to check someones ID when they are entering a blown out and red hot nuke plant, figuring nobody would ever want to go in. They probably only check IDs on the way out to make sure someone isn't escaping, like a prison.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There has been alot of talk on other forums and here about the different scenarios of corium location in R1, R2 and R3. Ive read repeatedly that people shouldn't just assume that the corium has left the building, because TMI exhibited different behavior. It's true that TMI confused nuclear scientists and engineers, who originally thought that the RPV had been breached since all current knowledge at the time showed this occurring.

But there should be no similarity drawn between the state of corium in the RPVs (or not) at R1-R3 Fukushima Daiichi and that which occurred at TMI. The RPV at TMI was used less than 1 year, and was only producing full power for three months, whereas the RPVs at R1-R3 have been in constant use for 35 to 40 years, which is considered their life expectancy.

The steel in RPVs made in that time period, late 60s, early 70s, had more impurities than steel now, including >0.1% copper. These impurities, especially copper, create defects or damaged areas in the steel lattice which leads to neutron embrittlement, and hardening and swelling of the steel at temperatures from 120C to 400C.

Comparing the TMI reactor with the state of the Fuku reactors is like comparing a brand new BMW with a junker on its way to the scrap yard. it can't be done. If the steel in the R1-R3 RPVs survived the same way TMI survived, its time to throw the physics and nuclear engineering books out the window and into the trash, cause they are totally wrong and no longer apply.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
MOX

5,072 degrees Fahrenheit.

www.nci.org...

MOX

pray.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
MOX

5,072 degrees Fahrenheit.

www.nci.org...

MOX

pray.

Dang Bob...North Anna is a PWR and using MOX...

Graphs on the last pages...
www-rsicc.ornl.gov...

Oh my...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

To my way of thinking it's just logical. Tepco has admitted melt-throughs in all 3. Lets take that as an axiom. We don't know (with any certainty) how much has melted through. (I think it's all out, but that's just MO).

Reactor vessel breaching

In absence of adequate cooling, the inside of the reactor overheats, deforms as the portions undergo thermal expansion, then structurally fails once the temperature reaches the melting point of the structural materials. The melt then accumulates on the bottom of the reactor vessel. In case of adequate cooling of the corium melt, it can solidify and the spread of damage is limited to the reactor. However, corium may melt through the reactor vessel and flow out or be ejected as a molten stream by the pressure inside the reactor. The reactor failure may be caused by overheating of its bottom by the corium melt, resulting first in creep failure and then in breach of the vessel. High level of cooling water above the corium layer may allow reaching a thermal equilibrium below the metal creep temperature, without reactor vessel failure.[5]

If the vessel is sufficiently cooled, a crust between the melt and the reactor wall can form. The layer of molten steel on top of the oxide creates a zone of increased heat transfer to the reactor wall;[1] this condition, known as "heat knife", exacerbates probability of formation of a localized weakening of the side of the reactor vessel and subsequent corium leak.

In case of high pressure inside the reactor vessel, breaching of its bottom may result in high-pressure blowout of the corium mass. In the first phase, only the melt itself is ejected; later a depression forms in the center of the hole and gas is discharged together with the melt, resulting in rapid decrease of pressure inside the reactor; the high temperature of the melt also causes rapid erosion and enlargement of the vessel breach. If a hole is in the center of the bottom, nearly all corium can be ejected. A hole in the side of the vessel may lead to only partial ejection of corium, retaining its portion inside the reactor.[6] Melt-through of the reactor vessel may take from few tens of minutes to several hours.

After breaching the reactor vessel, the conditions in the reactor cavity below the core govern the production of gases. If water is present, steam and hydrogen are generated; dry concrete results in production of carbon dioxide and smaller amount of steam.[7]

Even if some Corium remained in the RPV for a while, that cool little "heat knife" effect might mean the rest could come out eventually. Did you catch that? "breaching of its bottom may result in high-pressure blowout of the corium mass..." interesting.

We know that some or all of the corium is out. Then what?

Once the reactor is breached some/all of the corium is going to end up on the concrete secondary containment floor. Can concrete withstand corium better than the steel RPV? No, but....Can corium be cooled enough to prevent melting through the concrete? Possibly if the right conditions are present. What are the right conditions? Well, it depends on the corium composition and the geometery of the mass.

Corium-concrete interactions

Thermal decomposition of concrete yields water vapor and carbon dioxide, which may further react with the metals in the melt, oxidizing them and being reduced to hydrogen and carbon monoxide. Decomposition of the concrete and volatilization of its alkali components are endothermic processes. Aerosols released during this phase are primarily based on concrete-originating silicon compounds. Otherwise volatile elements, e.g. caesium, can be bound in nonvolatile insoluble silicates.

Several reactions occur between the concrete and the corium melt. Free and chemically bound water is released from the concrete as steam. Calcium carbonate is decomposed, producing carbon dioxide and calcium oxide. Water and carbon dioxide penetrate the corium mass, exothermically oxidizing the nonoxidized metals present in it and yielding gaseous hydrogen and carbon monoxide; large amounts of hydrogen can be produced. The calcium oxide, silica, and silicates melt and are mixed into the corium. The oxide phase, in which the nonvolatile fission products are concentrated, can stabilize at temperatures of 1300–1500 °C for a considerable time. An eventually present layer of more dense molten metal, containing fewer radioisotopes (Ru, Tc, Pd, etc., initially composed of molten zircaloy, iron, chromium, nickel, manganese, silver, and other construction materials and metallic fission products, and tellurium bound as zirconium telluride) than the oxide layer (which concentrates Sr, Ba, La, Sb, Sn, Nb, Mo, etc. and is initially composed primarily of zirconium dioxide and uranium dioxide, possibly with iron oxide and boron oxides), can form an interface between the oxides and the concrete below, slowing down the corium penetration and solidifying within a couple of hours. ....(to continued)

Source

edit on 4-9-2011 by Wertwog because: mmmmm, dill pickles & peanut butter!

edit on 4-9-2011 by Wertwog because: heh heh, you can add more to your post past the 5000 character limit when you go back and edit it.... shusssh....

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

#2 post, following up on last. So what happens when the corium is out on the floor of the SC? We have a oxide layer between the corium and the concrete....

.... (continued) The oxide layer produces heat primarily by decay heat, while the principal heat source in the metal layer is exothermic reaction with water released from the concrete. Decomposition of concrete and volatilization of the alkali metal compounds consumes substantial amount of heat. The fast erosion phase of the concrete basemat lasts for about an hour and progresses into about one meter depth, then slows to several centimeters per hour, and stops completely when the melt cools below the decomposition temperature of concrete (about 1100 °C). Complete melt-through can occur in several days even through several meters of concrete; the corium then penetrates several meters into the underlying soil, spreads around, cools and solidifies. During the interaction between corium and concrete, very high temperatures can be achieved. Less volatile aerosols of Ba, Ce, La, Sr, and other fission products are formed during this phase and introduced into the containment building at time when most of early aerosols is already deposited. Tellurium is released with progress of zirconium telluride decomposition. Bubbles of gas flowing through the melt promote aerosol formation.

The thermal hydraulics of corium-concrete interactions (CCI, or also MCCI, "molten core-concrete interactions") is sufficiently understood.[8] However the dynamics of the movement of corium in and outside of the reactor vessel is highly complex, and the number of possible scenarios is wide; slow drip of melt into an underlying water pool can result in complete quenching, while a fast contact of large mass of corium with water may result in destructive steam explosion. Corium may be completely retained by the reactor vessel, or the reactor floor or some of the instrument penetration holes can be melted through.

The thermal load by corium on the floor below the reactor vessel can be assessed by a grid of fiber optic sensors embedded in the concrete. Pure silica fibers are needed as they are more resistant to high radiation levels.

Some reactor building designs, e.g. the EPR, incorporate dedicated corium spread areas (Core Catchers), where the melt can deposit without coming in contact with water and without excessive reaction with concrete. Only later, when a crust is formed on the melt, limited amounts of water can be introduced to cool the mass.

Materials based on titanium dioxide and neodymium(III) oxide seem to be more resistant to corium than concrete.

Deposition of corium on the containment vessel inner surface, e.g. by high-pressure ejection from the reactor pressure vessel, can cause containment failure by direct containment heating (DCH).

Source

There is a great explanation of the reaction, Silver might have some thoughts on it though. I'm not sure how much water can actually "penetrate" the corium (not much I thought), but perhaps enough to produce oxides.

I think we've got corium under the reactors, and some evidence to suggest it. What is the evidence?

Steam escaping through cracks in the ground usually means a heat source underground.

Some others might have more to say on that topic

edit on 4-9-2011 by Wertwog because: mmmmm, dill pickles & peanut butter!

edit on 4-9-2011 by Wertwog because: Silver, I think you need to watch out for sally, she might have put a note on your back...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Well, I'm not really sure it was a publicity stunt in the 'planned' way.

BTW, PC, even though he might have spent 30 days in jail, I'd hardly say he's a felon (except in the technical sense). MJ possession is something we Canadians almost all have some on us
The entire country could be imprisoned! Other country's seem to take MJ possession pretty seriously, so sad for those folks, so ya, I guess he's a felon, but really, he's hardly a 'hardened criminal' that the word seems to conjure up.

He seems more like a dude who was young and angry (like most young men) and has the unfortunate propensity smoking some 'erb and investigating things he's curious about by actually going there, and seems to like the thrill of breaking the rules. Wanted to send a message to Tepco/us? by pointing at the camera for a while. The message is really pretty valid.. he was noticing the levels of radiation and the suits did nothing.

It's revealing what he said about the dosimeters (still a problem), lack of awareness of the workers, and the readings outside and inside the suits being very close. That message does need to get out and it seems he thought so also. Once this gets out his core message is going to get lost and dismissed unfortunately. I think he should look for a new career in Greenpeace. They used to love stuff like this.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Wertwog because: the spelling bee bit me

top topics

<< 1047  1048  1049    1051  1052  1053 >>

join