It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1047.htm
<< 1044  1045  1046    1048  1049  1050 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
www.youtube.com...
More of that strange shimmering/distortion around the #1, 10 sievert stack. Aug 16.

For AC.

Fast Speed:

Wild...looks lysergic. Bad trip folks...one hell of a bad trip.

- Purple Chive

edit on 1-9-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Investigation of water leaking from flexible hose at Unit 4 SFP

Corrosion and high temp.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

TEPCO depiction of how the workers got sprayed with highly radioactive water

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
With reference to the stuff they were doing up a rudder (ladder) and got sprayed with radioactive water.

We saw the adsorbsion towers coming in on the 26th July I believe.

Is this what these are?

and

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

TEPCO typo/malfunction? Or is something going on...

Radioactive materials in the air = Cs-137 = 33,000,000 Bq/cm cubic (3.3E-07 Bq/cm cubic) suddenly showing up at MP-1.

2nd page:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Graph 2nd page:
www.tepco.co.jp...

And none of this seems to jive with the MP (Measuring Point) map on page 7:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Is there any investigation/explanation underway?

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90

from CEREA these are estimates
edit on 1-9-2011 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

That cant be good. Damn, Im right in the middle of that westcoast rad dump. And 5 days after this date our beloved EPA decided that further monitoring of radioactivity from Fukushima wasn't warranted because what was coming across the ocean was so insignificant that we need not worry about it.

We have Homer Simpson in charge of the NRC, and Alfred E Neuman in charge of the EPA.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Sepa report on 'Fukushima radiation' traced in Scotland

An environment watchdog has published a detailed report on radiation linked to Fukushima detected in Scotland. Very low levels of iodine-131 were detected in air samples from across Scotland after the Japanese nuclear plant was crippled by an earthquake. The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (Sepa) said the incident had not posed a significant risk to Scotland. Iodine-131 believed to be from the plant was first detected in March. According to Sepa's new report, it continued to be picked up from samples in some parts of Scotland until early May.

Samples from Ayrshire, Caithness, Dumfries and Galloway, Lothian and Shetland were checked for Iodine-131 (131I) as part of routine analysis of air quality. In the report, Sepa said: "The concentrations of 131I detected around Scotland from the Fukushima nuclear incident in Japan did not pose a significant risk to human health and no special precautions were necessary.
More:

Evacuated communities scrambling to open temporary schools, keep kids together

As the staff and students of schools closed by the Fukushima nuclear crisis start classes in temporary quarters far from home, some teachers are openly wondering if children will ever return to their previous classrooms in the exclusion and evacuation standby zones around the stricken plant even if the zones are lifted. Their concerns reflect the deep fears among parents and guardians about radioactive contamination of their former communities and the health effects it may have on their children.

Meanwhile, municipal governments that are themselves nuclear crisis exiles are moving to build temporary schools in other villages, towns and cities. The village of Iitate, evacuated by central government order in June, recently bought a disused factory property in neighboring Kawamata for 40 million yen, and is spending another 200 million yen to build a prefab school there for students of the village's three primary schools.

The municipality is looking to have the school open by the beginning of the next school year in spring 2012. Iitate has tried to secure as many sites for evacuee communities in neighboring municipalities as possible -- an attempt to keep the villagers together and prevent Iitate from melting away. The results have been promising, as some 75 percent of the village's primary schools students, and 85 percent of its junior high students, have stayed to attend classes in space borrowed by the Iitate government. All of these children are expected to move into the prefab schools once they're complete. "It's very important not to let the village's children get split up and scattered,"

More:

Radioactive ash to be solidified with cement under gov't plan

Ash left after the incineration of radioactive earthquake and tsunami debris should be solidified with cement and stored at a waterproof disposal site, according to a government notification sent to municipalities on Aug. 31.

The Environment Ministry notification applies to ash with radiation levels of between 8,000 and 100,000 becquerels -- a byproduct of incinerating disaster debris contaminated during the ongoing Fukushima nuclear crisis -- and stored by municipal governments at temporary disposal sites. The ministry move comes as temporary disposal facilities in municipalities with no permanent means to deal with the material have begun to fill up, and appears aimed at encouraging final disposal measures.

While the disposal process may take time, the ministry attempted to reassure local governments by telling them "the costs will ultimately be borne by (plant operator) Tokyo Electric Power Co. The ministry hopes to deal with this issue without adding any further load to local governments." Under the proposed disposal method, sites in soil layers that absorb cesium easily would be lined with 50-centimeter-thick waterproof sheeting to prevent the toxic ash from contaminating fresh water sources. The radioactive ash solidified with cement would then be poured in.

Source and more:

Only 15 percent of schools destroyed by quake to be fully reconstructed: survey

Only 15 percent of public schools destroyed by the March 11 tsunami are set to be fully reconstructed in the foreseeable future, according to a survey that the Mainichi Shimbun conducted on local governments in disaster-hit areas. The survey results also show that the problem is attributable to an inadequacy in the government's subsidy system, a delay in the government's compilation of a restoration plan and the effects of radiation leaking from the tsunami-hit nuclear power station. The Mainichi Shimbun surveyed municipal boards of education in 41 towns and villages in coastal areas of Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima prefectures hit hardest by the disaster and within a radius of 30 kilometers from the crippled Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant in late August. According to the results, buildings at 129 schools -- 84 elementary and 45 junior high schools -- were unusable when the first school term began in early April. As of Sept. 11, six months after the March 11 Great East Japan Earthquake, the facilities of 128 of the schools will still likely be unusable while classes can be held at the other -- a junior high school. Regarding the prospects for reconstruction, there are clear prospects that 68 schools -- 45 elementary and 23 junior high schools -- can be rebuilt in the near future. They include schools that plan to build pre-fabricated temporary buildings.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Radioactive materials in the air = Cs-137 = 33,000,000 Bq/cm cubic (3.3E-07 Bq/cm cubic) suddenly showing up at MP-1.

2nd page:
www.tepco.co.jp...

It's an amount that is just above detection levels, so it could be wind that whipped up some dust from earlier deposition. MP-1 at one time registered the highest levels of any of the outer MPs, so cesium in the top 6 inches is on site. I suspect that this will occur from time to time when a project whips up some dust from these areas.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Deja Vu...GOM 08/30/11...

My apologies, off topic post...but doesn't this look familiar...

More pics...
onwingsofcare.org... oil.html

______beforeitsnews/story/1032/923/Oil_Slicks_Sighted_Yesterday_16_Miles_from_BP_Deepwater_Horizon_Spill_Site.html

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

2nd page:
www.tepco.co.jp...

It's an amount that is just above detection levels, so it could be wind that whipped up some dust from earlier deposition. MP-1 at one time registered the highest levels of any of the outer MPs, so cesium in the top 6 inches is on site. I suspect that this will occur from time to time when a project whips up some dust from these areas.

Z - did I get my numbers wrong? Cs-137 = 33,000,000 Bq/cm cubic (3.3E-07 Bq/cm cubic) seems like a heck of a lot ....

Is this what TEPCO/Gov considers "just above detection levels"? What would be "normal" levels be if Fuku hadn't happened?

Just trying to get it straight in my head what the new "normal" is...

Thanks!

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Water Wall - English Translation

Found it Jaded!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Incredible pics of faults around Daiichi - Wow!!

Unfortunately all in Japanese (280 pages).

www.tepco.co.jp...

Tsutsuji on the PF is amazing...and bi-lingual!! Thanks Tsutsujii!!

www.physicsforums.com...

On Edit: Three nuclear power plants in the vicinity of all these faults....not a good idea.

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

TEPCO wants "clarity" on nuclear issues

TEPCO and the whole nuclear industry...needs "CLARITY" and "STRESS TESTS"? Mother Nature's "Stress Test" wasn't enough for you? How much more "CLARITY" does she need to provide?

Take a look at the pics in this 280 page document of the faults near Fuku!!
www.tepco.co.jp...

And North Anna Nuclear plant hit by the 5.8 earthquake and jiggling 115 ton above ground containers full of spent fuel around...what do you think it did to stuff underground?

Fort Calhoun was damn lucky!!

You need more "clarity" and "stress tests" other than what Mother Nature has provided in the past few months?

Whew...DUMB, DUMB and DUMBER!

Sorry folks, having a moment...this article set me off...
www.washingtonpost.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Some data from St Louis on Fukushima.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

One more on North Anna.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Under the proposed disposal method, sites in soil layers that absorb cesium easily would be lined with 50-centimeter-thick waterproof sheeting to prevent the toxic ash from contaminating fresh water sources. The radioactive ash solidified with cement would then be poured in.
Do they really mean 50cm or in other words, 500mm thick waterproof sheeting? Thats half-metre thick plastic sheeting. It is just as likely to mean 5mm thick. Maybe it is a translation thing perhaps?

I understood from my long-forgotten physics, that 3.3x10-7 means a figure LESS than 1 not GREATER THAN 1. Am I wrong? Maybe another Tepco shift of the goal posts?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

I understood from my long-forgotten physics, that 3.3x10-7 means a figure LESS than 1 not GREATER THAN 1. Am I wrong? Maybe another Tepco shift of the goal posts?

Thanks Q!! Mind spun out...if it had been 3.3E" + "07....obviously I'm losing it...

Good catch on the plastic thickness too!

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

A report on radioactive sewage in Japan.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I like this response to a you tube vid from a citizen of Japan.

I want to apologize to foreign people as a Japanese. Though Japan is a developed nation of electronic instrument, they are serving only like this cheap camera's pictorial image. These are done by pernicious habit of cover-up by Tepco. Foreign everyone, please make a protest against Tepco. "Increase number of observation camera and make information open for all world!"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyinghaggis

DAINI Plant status... "Insulation Resistance"

We tested the insulation resistance at the work site and found deterioration. As such, at 2:10 p,. we determined that this was a malfunction of important facilities for plant safety.

On Edit: Got it mixed up - only referring to Daini....

Later, we confirmed a defect in insulation resistance at the site.

WHAT THE HELL IS "Insulation Resistance"?

- Purple Chive

edit on 30-8-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

I think they mean the resistance of the covering (insulation) of electric cables. They will need to find out where the bad insulation is and fix it.

(haggis? ...what do you do with it ? ...)

it is quite obvious that Tep-crap-i-co has been seriously lying about radiation ongoing ( continuous) release since the beginning. An obvious "endpoint" ( perhaps mile marker in this 'endevor' is more apt ) is that the ground around a power plant is going to begin losing "ground".

forgive the geeko-bable , but:
electricity flows because it has some where "down hill" to go...the ground, for real, the earth , so ionizing the ground and water around a nuclear plant heavily for months certainly is effecting the charge status of the local (Fukushima) environment. In fact they are almost certainly effecting (disrupting) the Tesla-Schumann resonance cavity in the local area

you don't have to believe me ... disconnect the neutral line and plumbing line ground from your houses electrical connections and see what happens . The insulation between the lines becomes meaningless at that point.The condition is called floating ground ( not like islands floating or some #: "moving" electrical ground ), one example of it is the cranes on Seattle's waterfront absorbing radio frequencies and discharging them as electrical arcs.

Historically radiation has had "odd" effects on film , one might assume it's chemical but remember light is part of the EMF spectrum and Einstein got his Nobel prize for the photo-electric effect not relativity , and if we have a 'ground' at Fuku that is more highly charged than the lines ; "degradation in insulation" would certainly be the tepco way of describing it.

it would also mean that EXTREMELY high transient voltages could occur ( producing some of the observed and artifact ed effects) , Tepco needs to connect the grounding rods at Fuku to lines that run several miles off site and reground them or the3y will continue to have " degradation " conditions and severe metal fatigue and other "anomalies"
(edit ding ding)
one way to tell if the nature earth ground is being disrupted is to start testing the plant employees for calcium loss (what you do not understate how the tesla-schumann cavity effects the human body , tsk, tsk)
edit on 1-9-2011 by Silverlok because: eeeeerrrrrrr, scrachy , tasty

top topics

<< 1044  1045  1046    1048  1049  1050 >>

join