It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1039.htm
<< 1036  1037  1038    1040  1041  1042 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
Nearly 60 percent of respondents to a survey about the credibility of information issued after a disaster said the government and ministries are the least reliable information source, the university professor who conducted the survey said Friday........ The actual figure of 59.2 percent represents a jump from 22.7 percent of respondents in a similar survey last year by the university, indicating public distrust of information provided by the government has risen sharply in the wake of the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

That speaks volumes about what is happening in Japan right now (and around the world). The awakening has begun.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

The event occurred while purging CO2 from the Unit 2 Main Generator with air. Standing oil from the gravel was pumped to barrels and oil soaks were applied to the remaining oil. Clean up of the gravel areas continued.

Thats interesting. CO2 is readily formed when concrete breaks down / dissolves. Hmmmm?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Areas near Japan nuclear plant may be off limits for decades (AHA)

They really need to say that? For the sheeple or what? I mean, it can't be more obvious than that...

What's next... you can't put your hand in the fire or it will burn?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Something wrong at the moment, sorry!
edit on 27-8-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Unit 4 Emergency Gas Treatment system - Rad Dose measurement

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Electrical

I'm still having alot of trouble understanding the electrical system, and why they didn't tap into the only available line, referred to as both the Tohoku line and the Toden Genshiroku Line. It is the only line that doesn't come through the Shin Fukushima substation. (see maps)

The Tohoku line in the first map is numbers 11,12,and 13, with 12 being the final feed line into the plant.

This shows the line hot on March 15th.

This is the connect point for the Tohoku line. (Daniero, if you could translate the lines Ive identified, it would help much as always)

The official report right after the accident began stated that this line was interrupted because "cables connected to the high voltage (M/C) distribution board had troubles." This means that the line was hot into the receiving station, and wasn't broken until it reached the M/C. The diagram of when power was restored showed this line being hot into the receiving station on March 15th, and that is the last time that this line is even mentioned in any official reports. It vanishes from the public's eye so to speak. Why? When they couldn't hook up the trucked in generators to the plant, they then frantically started to find a way to tie back into the grid, which was accomplished up to R5 and R6 by 3/20 and the other reactors on 3/22. However, it took until 4/6 before reactor 1 and 2 water pumps were connected to the grid, and 4/3 for R3.

An electrical feed into the plant was at this time the most important single factor needed to prevent further disasters. And there was a line available, hot for sure on the 15th and possibly hot the whole time, just sitting there waiting for someone to put it to use. Instead it's ignored. This makes no sense whatsoever.

If anyone can find any info as to why this line is ignored, or what the current status is, it would really help. But watch out for the early shill work performed in the first two weeks of the disaster. On forums and blogs where people pursued the availability of this line, shills came on with maps that showed that the Toden Genshiroku Tohoku line was the Yonomori Tohoku line. This is BS. The Tohoku 66kV line is a separate line as the maps show. But maps were photoshopped to make it look like the Yonomori line was the Toden Genshiroku line and this was bought hook line and sinker by all of us cause it seemed to come from people in the know, effectively killing that aspect of the investigation.

I have no doubt that if we can find out what happened to the real 66kV Tohoku line, it would lead us directly to the UC.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Areas near Japan nuclear plant may be off limits for decades (AHA)

They really need to say that? For the sheeple or what? I mean, it can't be more obvious than that...

What's next... you can't put your hand in the fire or it will burn?

Hmmm, as far as i understand it is that many of the older Japanese
still think that Fukushima is like the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bomb,
they think the "Reactor-House" exploded and now everything will be fine,
they don"t know/ understand the difference in the amount as well as in the Type
of the Nuclide!

Also the Japanese Government said that everyone will be able to return Home
and many older Japanese believe/d them because they are in a Trauma!
(like a Patient in an Emergency Car)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another thing,
on the Tepco-Cam we saw for Month this tiny Flashes in the Pic
(not in the Reactors)
but since a few Days, maybe 7-10 i do not saw them anymore
or better much less,
anyone an Idea?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Thanks Human0815 for this explanation. It's easy for those of us outside Japan to less than fully aware of the amount of stress people in Japan experience about this nuclear accident.

Also be aware that I sent a "flag" notification to the ATS mods (moderators) yesterday as soon as I saw the wildly inappropriate anti-Japanese comments directed against you (in this ATS Forum, but in another thread). That type of disparagement is not what ATS is all about.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uphill

Thanks Human0815 for this explanation. It's easy for those of us outside Japan to less than fully aware of the amount of stress people in Japan experience about this nuclear accident.

Also be aware that I sent a "flag" notification to the ATS mods (moderators) yesterday as soon as I saw the wildly inappropriate anti-Japanese comments directed against you (in this ATS Forum, but in another thread). That type of disparagement is not what ATS is all about.

Thank you Uphill for doing that. I dont know what was said, and dont want to, but have seen that kind of attitude on a couple of forums and its not only inappropriate, its a sin to create division like that at a time when the world desperately needs to come together.

To all my brothers and sisters in Japan, you will always be just that, brothers and sisters of mine and everyone else. We are all one family, and the divisions that we encounter daily were created to keep us from coming together and taking charge of our lives. We can not let that happen anymore. Part of the awakening is realizing that we are all the same inside, and need to help each other in order to help ourselves. I strongly believe that "no one makes it till we all make it". We are all a part of the Phoenix, getting ready to rise up. Peace and Love to all.
edit on 27-8-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

TEPCO Sees No Comparison Between A-Bomb and Fukushima

Senior TEPCO official Junichi Matsumoto was quoted by Jiji press as saying it is difficult to comment on the estimate as the accident of a nuclear plant is compared with a weapon.

He noted at a news conference that an atomic bomb is a weapon that is designed to kill people and damage structures by releasing radiation, heat and blast in a short time, he said, adding that it is different in nature from the release of radioactive substances in the Fukushima accident over one week.

www.panorientnews.com...

This is way more insidious and a heck of lot more fuel than Fat Man or Little Boy...

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were able to rebuild and reoccupy the land...not going to be the case here.

Sad...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I should add this to the equation. This photo shows the Tohoku receiving station. I havent been able to relocate it yet, but a schematic I saw before showed this with a tunnel system that fed into the back of the MB. That was before I suspected shenanigans with this building. I suspect Tepco renamed it and it's somewhere else. If so, Ill find it.

Ive gone back to calling the 1&2 SY the MB, cause I don't believe Tepco, that this building is the gas treatment building for 1&2. The front lower part yes, but not the back part that exploded on 3/14. I believe that the areas blown out, back building and top of front, are the M/C and gas treatment facilities for the UC. The top front part is the gas treatment section, and the back building is the M/C.

Its all guess work, but current thought leads right to it.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
An example of the blatant misuse of public funds, and how Tepco was able to bury any inquiry into why it didnt tap into the Tohoku power line, can be seen by going through this May report from NISA.
www.nisa.meti.go.jp...
At no time in this document that supposedly reviews all of Tepcos data concerning the loss of power and what Tepco did about it, is the Tohoku line mentioned. By this point in time the PTB over in Tepco land must have figured that their whitewash of the Tohoku line, (sending out shills to convince people that it was actually the Yonomori line) had worked and they didn't need to come up with any explanations as to why they didn't even attempt to tie into it.

THIS BLOWS MY FRIGGIN MIND. EVEN THE PF BRAINIACS BOUGHT THIS CRAP.

This should never be allowed to stand. They can't get away with such a blatant disregard for the truth. This is a criminal action by both Tepco and the NISA. Grrrrrr!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

TEPCO Sees No Comparison Between A-Bomb and Fukushima

Agreed. The after effects of this are going to ripple out for thousands of years. Im glad Tepco pointed out that the two are not similar. Now they need to take the next step and say "its actually much worse". To bad that wont happen.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

100,000 Bq/K...Japan Decides How to Dispose of Cesium-Tainted Ash

This is really hard to believe...

Tokyo, Aug. 27 (Jiji Press)--The Environment Ministry plans to allow ash of debris and garbage contaminated with radioactive cesium to be disposed of in ordinary landfills if the amount of cesium is 100,000 becquerels per kilogram or less, ministry officials said Saturday.

jen.jiji.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I really thought the crane was keeping the roof/wall from collapsing, and that this was semi- permanent, but a zoom seems to show that it is not attached. I took a look at Fuku1live's back videos and this crane hasn't moved in 5 days. Here is the one, where it showed up and parked. Maybe just in case it starts to collapse? Maybe nothing.
www.youtube.com.../u/137/XNqUpMTVotI

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

A better comparison. May 27, Aug 26. Judging from the other comparison with the Aug 2 picture, it looks like the burning happened between Aug 2 and the 26th. We did have some Glowing nights lately. Other than the burning it looks the same to me. The black rail in front on the May pic is just a fence on the upper lawn.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

The event occurred while purging CO2 from the Unit 2 Main Generator with air. Standing oil from the gravel was pumped to barrels and oil soaks were applied to the remaining oil. Clean up of the gravel areas continued.

My line of thinking is more that they may have had some sort of hydrogen accumulation (I don't even want to consider how O_o), so purged the generators with co2 to continue operation without causing possible ignition. Now they are putting air back through it seems things are back to normal? Perhaps things were a little worse there than we're being told. It is the nuclear industry, so wouldn't be out of character...

That latest highres cryptome shot of R3 is interesting . I've cropped this section out as it deals with an issue put forward before.

In this photo (one of the highest resolution recent photos) you can clearly see a whole crapload of what appear to be fuel rods. Supposed to be around 4m long and thin, these appear close to floor height (3m+ possibly 6m if double floor height)) so we're roughly getting the right dimensions.... however if so, why are they not a glowing pile of poolium yet? They're in the right location, looks like that particular pool is toast. This side of R4 is a blackened, burnt mess.

If fuel rods are not kept cool, constantly, the fuel is pretty much guaranteed to heat and melt, burn the rods and escape into the environment as corium lava. About 600 pages ago we thought we saw rods on top of #3. It was finally pointed out that these were probably the empty zircalloy rods that every SFP room has on hand. I can't imagine a situation where exposed rods would remain intact for 6 months without cooling unless the fuel escaped without the rod burning -- highly unlikely - and the rods are capped.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
enenews.com...
Cesium doubled in #1 SFP in two months

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Oh Canada, How low you have sunk. The CBC also helped get this through by not telling Canadians what the hell is going on.
For 60 years Canadians handed them money. A country of 15 million people financed them building towers coast to coast, and right up to the arctic, so that every Canuck, no matter where, would have a link to their neighbors. This was a sacred trust. We don't care if they ever turn a profit. Just don't lie to us. That was the deal. Well, in the last 5 months an illusion of this long standing social contract, is long gone. They too seem to in the grip of the nuclear mafia. They wouldn't know a brave journalist if they tripped over one. They make me so mad I could spit hockey pucks and beaver tails!!

www.cbc.ca...

top topics

<< 1036  1037  1038    1040  1041  1042 >>

join