It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1035.htm
<< 1032  1033  1034    1036  1037  1038 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The nuclear power plant was ``venting steam`` but there was no release of nuclear materials...

They wouldn't lie now would they?

edit on 23-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
http://(nolink)/net2/Harrisonburg-VA-Real-Time-US-Radiation-Monitoring-Graph.aspx
What do you suppose has been going on in Harrisonburg lately?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Maybe it will show this way, gang.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

TEPCO to directly pour water to No.3 reactor fuel

The utility has been pouring 7 tons of water from outside the No.3 reactor every hour.

But this process has been producing a massive amount of high-level radioactive water.

TEPCO said on Monday that injecting cooling water through pipes situated above the fuel would be a more efficient operation.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

So they can get close enough to the fuel now to install these pipes?

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Fukushima...an Exaggeration...

www.dailymotion.com...

Wow! "Ignorance is bliss!"

And these folks purport themselves as intelligent...

Great entertainment!!

- Purple Chive
edit on 24-8-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

TEPCO to directly pour water to No.3 reactor fuel

Yeah and then that water ends up either in radioactive steam... or end up in the soil as radioactive water...

BRILLIANT.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

When 9 tons water injected in Unit 3, Temp was 103.9...TEPCO dropped to 7 tons and Temp Rises to 108.2

August 18 (2nd page):
www.tepco.co.jp...

August 24 (2nd page):
www.tepco.co.jp...

TEPCO Unit 3 Core Spray System line - diagram of what they intend to do...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 24-8-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I think the increase in temperature is because there's less water going on the reactor.

Reactor 3 :
August 18 flow rate : 9 ton/hre ... temperature : 103.9C
August 24 flow rate : 7 ton/hre ... temperature : 108.2C

Reactor 2 :
August 18 flow rate : 3.9 ton/hre ... temperature : 114.1C
August 24 flow rate : 3.8 ton/hre ... temperature : 114.5C

Reactor 1 :
August 18 flow rate : 3.8 ton/hre ... temperature : 92.6C
August 24 flow rate : 3.8 ton/hre ... temperature : 87.5C

Seems to me reactor 1 is cooling down. The others... not so much.

And I maybe it was explained earlier... but why in the hell are they putting almost 3 times the amount on water on reactor 3 and it's not cooling down? Because of MOX? Because it went into meltdown? What?
edit on 24-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Water Situation...Detailed Diagram...

Page down...
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

I think the increase in temperature is because there's less water going on the reactor.

Reactor 3 :
August 18 flow rate : 9 ton/hre ... temperature : 103.9C
August 24 flow rate : 7 ton/hre ... temperature : 108.2C

Reactor 2 :
August 18 flow rate : 3.9 ton/hre ... temperature : 114.1C
August 24 flow rate : 3.8 ton/hre ... temperature : 114.5C

Reactor 1 :
August 18 flow rate : 3.8 ton/hre ... temperature : 92.6C
August 24 flow rate : 3.8 ton/hre ... temperature : 87.5C

Seems to me reactor 1 is cooling down. The others... not so much.

And I maybe it was explained earlier... but why in the hell are they putting almost 3 times the amount on water on reactor 3 and it's not cooling down? Because of MOX? Because it went into meltdown? What?
edit on 24-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Yes a lot of questions...especially wonder where all the melted fuel is located in each unit!! Would be great if TEPCO would release an approximation!

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
www3.nhk.or.jp...

Quick one. this is weird. they are now saying that the main release (that 40% thing) was really from the R4 and R2 explosions, not just associated with R2. OK, but the R4 explosions didn't include a SFP or reactor core, and the R2 explosion was underground. And this is thougght to have produced 40% of all radionuclides released in the first 3 weeks. If that doesn't scream UC I don't knwo what does.

The large portion of the release attributed to R4 might have something to do with this:

Yes, R4 was shut down for maintenance, meaning the core wasn't in the reactor. But, it was sitting in the Spent Fuel Pool, primed and ready to go.

If the water level in the SFP of R4 fell below the level of the fuel assemblies, heat would have begun to build up almost immediately resulting in fuel cladding damage and the release of hydrogen along with the conversion to zirconium hydride of at least a portion of the fuel cladding. This means that the material encasing the fuel pellets would have become explosive in and of themselves.

The cladding ruptures releasing what's inside (unirradiated fuel pellet aresol) and with the amount present in the R4 SFP, it's no wonder nearly half of the radioactive release can be attributed to 4.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Wonder what these guys were doing??

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

This is great.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

It took 23 workers to do the job...3 sieverts per hour

The radiation leak was found from piping in "Sally," a newly installed water decontamination system made by Toshiba. On the morning of Aug. 22, a high level of about three sieverts per hour was found while 23 workers were taking turns to replace a part of the system designed to absorb radioactive cesium.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www3.nhk.or.jp...
They are shutting down #2 reactor at the Tomari plant in the north.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
radiationnews.blogspot.com...
Quake sensors were removed from Virginia due to buget cuts in the 90's

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Hey AC great videos! & yes how odd coming from S CA all the Cover Magazine Photos from the Northridge Quake was my block...no water or electricity for 2 wks....could go on but don't want to be off topic. My field of work is a Lic Vet Tech w/16 yrs exp...but due to job sit. was standing on a fork lift removing shrink wrap & I totally felt the vibrations...no one else near me felt them...

The Harrisonburg VA monitoring has been seriously been bothering me, as I am 1 hr to 1:10 min N of
Harrisonburg & 1:15 to 1:30 from DC....12 miles east of Winchester VA....Harrisonburg has been showing high spikes & DC has been low....The whole ridge line of Mt Weather runs N to S beautifully adjacent to the farm...makes it difficult to know my reading....I rent here so I can move...but there is a HUGE difference in a 3 to 4 hr drive.

On your latest video of Cat Walk with people....Bloody Hell you can see the volumes of Black Smoke changes in the plants, particles rising up from the ground as they pass over the white bars, & at the end you can see the changes in the ground on the right side underneath, opening & holes, releasing, & closing. I have videos & stills of this but am so ever thankful you posted this video as all can be seen on Big Screen & especially frame by frame...Thank You!!! I spent alot of time down loading & uploading but
been too busy between jobs. Thanks for ALL your Hard Work!

edit on 24-8-2011 by Ektar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

So, his theory is the 1km deep "methane clutter" exploded upwards through the neutron-created tubes/fissures in the sandstone. What set this off? If it was just the tubes/fissues this could have happened at any point a fissure reached the methane 'relic hydrate' allowing it to vent upwards and possibly ignite. His theory doesn't adequately explain the trigger, in my view.

Hadn't considered this till reading your post. Very possible. But I don't think it exploded in place. There are two types of methane hydrates, one is biogenic (plant stuff washed out to sea, dead fish and oceanic materials, anything that will convert to methane) and thermogenic which is gas under pressure from the depths that has found its way up and into the stability zone via cracks, fissures, faultlines. So there's definite precedence. I would assume it depends on how thick the cap is that is currently keeping the gas in place. Since it's mostly sandstone for a good distance under Fukushima, once the gas broke free of the cap it probably didn't have much trouble from there.

And the Nankai Trough off the coast of south Japan is known as one of the biggest deposits of methane hydrate anywhere, and Im sure its pretty much everywhere along the coasts of Japan in varying degrees. Whole new twist of possibilities.

I can see the train of questions forming quick. First thing that jumps into mind is what reactions occur in hydrogen and methane rich atmospheres and what would their ignition at the same time result in. When including the UC that adds another load of possibilities. in the R3 blast, could the UC have been full of methane, R3 full of hydrogen. The hydrogen ignited from oxygen and in turn ignited the methane below which compressed a small amount of plutonium into super critical. The cloud was dampened by the vacuum that existed between it and the outside of R3.

Damn, I was going to watch the Little house on the Prairie tonight.

The guy in the video means well but either he or the translator is mucking things up pretty bad. If he worked in a nuke plant, scrambled brain could be an after effect.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Another conclusion of the report I forgot to mention was that they recommended that evacuation zones NOT be too conservative, meaning keeping them to 20Km at most. They thought the 50km zone by the Americans was far too excessive, undermined the Japanese government, and was a knee-jerk response that created more problems than it solved. The radiation was so "inconsequential", barely 2X average background, that it was unwarranted and the NRC overreacted.

Take that for what it's worth.

Personally I think it wouldn't even be good for wiping my butt

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Cool, looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on the issue. If there is a methane clutter layer 1Km down, that's pretty far down IMO. A long way for neutrons and surface fissures to penetrate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1032  1033  1034    1036  1037  1038 >>

join