It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1031.htm
<< 1028  1029  1030    1032  1033  1034 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

1 more screen cap from the clip. SW corner of #4 Aug 20. I zoomed and pointed out the way the walls of the west truck entrance have been blown out, stood back up, and propped up with rubble. How does this fit with a pool exploding? Path of least resistance? Or sign of lower explosion?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog
reply to post by matadoor

For once we totally agree, lol!

Oh crap, that's not good, which post?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

reply to post by matadoor

For once we totally agree, lol!

Oh crap, that's not good, which post?

Mat and Wert - precious! Needed a chuckle! Make sure it doesn't happen again!

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Thanks PC, I know I'm getting older, but was concerned about my sanity there for a sec.....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Blast damage to west wall. Blue arrows on panels that took the least force. Why? Red shows a chunk of wall blown off and hanging down. Red Arrow points to where it use to be. Nice buckle in the 2 top panels on the south wall of #4. I worked Demo, way back but I'm certainly no expert on blast damage.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

Blast damage to west wall. Blue arrows on panels that took the least force. Why? Red shows a chunk of wall blown off and hanging down. Red Arrow points to where it use to be. Nice buckle in the 2 top panels on the south wall of #4. I worked Demo, way back but I'm certainly no expert on blast damage.

We need to know what was on the other side of those areas.

For instance, was there a concrete wall blocking these sections?

Without an onsite look, or a good camera shot from the other side, it's going to be tough to figure out.

ANY blast will find the path of least resistance.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Red arrows are west side panels. Green are steam. I do see what looks like an east west concrete wall [Far right], so maybe that's it then.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
ex-skf.blogspot.com...
A short piece on Daini. A gain, when I saw the Iodine charts on Daini I was sure there is at least 1 fubar there. For proof we'd need a media with a spine.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
neis.org...
Seems the NRC want to see how worried people are? They are accepting petitions.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
www.tepco.co.jp...
Looks like some new charts on Daiichi. Nothing in here on Daini.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Forgot this component...that's why they keep pumping water off onto barges from Unit 5 and 6

What a mess...

- Purple Chive
edit on 21-8-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

TEPCO "Lost" 198 Employees & Radiation WAY Worse Than Reported

YouTube Source

Missed the lesson embedding Youtube video, but here is the link.
rbrtj

edit on 21-8-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

I know how the gang loves the sqiggly line charts. Here.
enenews.com...

A possible explanation for the above, if the monitors are operating properly, could there be movement of the corium in and out of the water table under R1. Do the low points / cool temps correspond with a series of higher than normal tides and/or alot of rainwater, where the water table might be up covering the slabs, and visa versa, do the high temps correspond with lower then normal lowtides, and/or hot periods without rain.

Finally had a chance to look at this.

Originally posted by zworld
reply to post by Wertwog

Ask and yee shall receive.

WW and others. This is from an archive that can accessed easily.

agora.ex.nii.ac.jp...

It appears that on the 14th of June we had a high tide around 2:00am. Over the day the precipitation rose from 0 - 1mm and from midnight toward the end of the day the wind rose to 6 m/s dropping off and become quite gusty on the 15th.

What I can interpret from this is we see a moderate peak in temps on the 14th (but we don't know what time) followed by a drop in temps on the 15th. If there was a massive explosion on the 14th there would be high levels of radiation on the 14 and 15th and probably a drop in temps. We did have quite high winds start around midday on the 14th and gusty winds on the 15th which could account for the dispersion of radiation. When we reviewed the rad readings from the 4 monitoring stations they didn't read any significant change... but this IS Tepco so I believe nothing.

If high tides are cooling the corium, it also isn't matching up to the data. From what I can see we aren't seeing drops in temps at high tides. The squiggly chart shows fluctuations over a week, not per day which is unfortunate. I'd like to be able to nail down one dam thing about this accident, but nnoooooo, no such luck. It's almost as if they are deliberately blocking us from figuring it out
(sarcasm btw).

Again, I would say that both theories are still to be proven. The data is typically inconclusive.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Wertwog because: added something

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj

TEPCO "Lost" 198 Employees & Radiation WAY Worse Than Reported

YouTube Source

Missed the lesson embedding Youtube video, but here is the link.
rbrtj

edit on 21-8-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

Like I said before...

Wait... wha? Tepco loses 198 Workers? Sorry, must've missed this before....

Where? Wanna bet they're in barrels like this?

Kooky workers, don't know when to stay out of barrel shaped objects.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

March 11. After the quake, but before the tsunami, according to the film. Look at all the steam! The next ones are early but post #4, so I'll guess 3/17. Digging? in front of N wall of #1. Zoom on blast damage to building N of CSFP. And finally North wall of No 4. They cut the film so of course we can never see what's running down the north wall. Hope something here helps.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The two panels you are showing were blown out and then settled down due to the probable stretching of the rebar.

The area indicated by your red under the "4" is an elevator shaft:

To whit

You will notice, if you are perceptive, that a lot of the damage is below the level of the service floor, what that means for building integrity I leave to you to determine.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Large Zone Near Japanese Reactors to Be Off Limits

The formal announcement, expected from the government in coming days, would be the first official recognition that the March accident could force the long-term depopulation of communities near the plant, an eventuality that scientists and some officials have been warning about for months. Lawmakers said over the weekend — and major newspapers reported Monday — that Prime Minister Naoto Kan was planning to visit Fukushima Prefecture, where the plant is, as early as Saturday to break the news directly to residents.

The affected communities are all within 12 miles of the plant, an area that was evacuated immediately after the accident. The government is expected to tell many of these residents that they will not be permitted to return to their homes for an indefinite period. It will also begin drawing up plans for compensating them by, among other things, renting their now uninhabitable land. While it is unclear if the government would specify how long these living restrictions would remain in place, news reports indicated it could be decades. That has been the case for areas around the Chernobyl plant in Ukraine after its 1986 accident.

Source

Task force to aid Fukushima cleanup

Fukushima — Nuclear disaster minister Goshi Hosono said Saturday that the government will probably set up a task force to facilitate decontamination in areas around the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant this week. It will also establish a decontamination promotion unit in Fukushima Prefecture to kick off the process in Date, Hosono said in a meeting with Fukushima Gov. Yuhei Sato at the prefectural government office.
Source

Radiation fears hit Fukushima on multiple fronts

This summer, some parks in this prefecture are devoid of children, parents having sent them on programs far away so they can play outside without worrying about radiation from the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant. On Aug. 8, a group of 14 elementary and junior-high students were boarding a bus in the city of Date, one city where areas with high levels of radiation have been measured. The students had been invited by a prefectural support group to a two-week program in Aichi Prefecture in the southwest, where they would enjoy swimming and other sporting events. Many other support groups have organized similar programs. Hiroaki Nagasho, 36, who sent his young daughter to participate in the Aichi trip, said, "I wanted to let her play outside as much as she wanted and release built-up stress."

A 41-year-old woman who had two daughters participating said, "I'm worried about what to do after they come back. It's not easy to move them to another school." As of July 15, 7,672 elementary and junior high school students had been transferred to schools out of the prefecture. During the summer break, which is continuing now, an additional 1,081 were set for transfers. Furthermore, around 2,000 children at private kindergartens have been moved out of the prefecture. As of July 28, the total number of people that had evacuated from the prefecture was at 48,903.
Source

Hot cow count in Fukushima rises to 12 (lol?)

FUKUSHIMA — The number of cesium-tainted cows raised in Fukushima Prefecture has reached 12 after three more were detected Sunday, prefectural officials said. On Friday, it was reported that cesium concentrations over the government's provisional safety limit of 500 becquerels per kilogram were detected in beef from four cows raised on a farm in Namie, which is about 10 km from the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant. The prefecture then said that highly contaminated beef from an additional five cows from the farm was discovered Saturday.

Source

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It is difficult to catch up on this thread at the moment! Anyway..2 pages ago

A Zoom of the damage to the small building south of #4. Force, of the wall of water, hitting the support beams?
I know I keep on about this but I would expect to see a lot more 'bunching' of flotsam and jetsam and areas cleared of everything as the water came in. Although it is months after the earthquake and Tsunami, I do not think there will have been time to clear a lot of the damage strewn about the place if this tsunami was real (in this location). I do not doubt that there was a tsunami, but only that this location was hit as hard as they say.

Yes, if there was a tsunami here, there must have been a huge wall of water and it is quite possible that it would have damaged these smaller supporting structures, but I feel that there is not a corresponding high level of damage to this and other areas directly open to the sea. If even a 15 foot high wall of water comes at you, there will probably be a lot of damage from the force and wreckage strewn about the place.

Is it possible to tell by looking closely at the images if it has been Photoshopped and if the water has been added to the picture? Maybe check the embedded EXIF data if there is any? It seemed to be some time afterwards that we got the pictures of the water in the spaces between buildings whereas I would have thought that these would be fairly dramatic images and would normally have been released along with the initial pictures of damage.

In case anyone is unfamiliar with flotsam & jetsam:

Flotsam is floating wreckage of a ship or its cargo. Jetsam is part of a ship, its equipment, or its cargo that is purposefully cast overboard or jettisoned to lighten the load in time of distress and that sinks or is washed ashore. Lagan is cargo that is lying on the bottom of the ocean, sometimes marked by a buoy, which can be reclaimed. Derelict is cargo that is also on the bottom of the ocean, but which no one has any hope of reclaiming.
wikipedia flotsam & jetsam

The other thing I wondered is about the Underground Complex becoming completely flooded by the sea if there was a tsunami in this area? (assuming there IS an UC and there WAS a tsunami.)

What if the UC is not underneath the plant but under the other buildings on the hill behind R#1? We only think it maybe under the plant because of the image I showed that I found in a PDF but of a different research site in Japan. Nothing says they have to have the same layout, does it. It would be far easier to drill into a hill than going straight down.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I Hope you guys don't think I'm being a thread hog, here? I just keep tripping over possible nuggets. Infa-red film of Fuk July 26-27. The day is run 4 times with different filters. I already made a copy with Real Player.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
in that last image, how is the lamp post red? Do we know these are real? Sorry to question, but lamp posts and pipes near the camera are not usually red, are they??? Maybe they are and red is a normal heat signature for metal, but then you would expect the structure of the exhaust tower to be red too.

top topics

<< 1028  1029  1030    1032  1033  1034 >>

join