It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1029.htm
<< 1026  1027  1028    1030  1031  1032 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Some new Pictures...

AC - you may want to take a look at a couple of these...

www.guardian.co.uk...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Holy Excrement!!

Tokyo Metropolitan Soil Testing Map

enenews.com...

Mentally hypothesizing that most of Japan would become uninhabitable...Dear Lord...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

The entire country of Japan will become uninhabitable.

When these meltdowns hit a major water table, the bombs that the US dropped on Japan will be a fart, in comparison.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In the 9/11 analyses, some people say that a nuclear blast of some kind was used to bring down the buildings and I was just wondering if the same thing could have been used here ie: not a regular nuclear explosion but a modified modern version?

That may account for some of the different characteristics of the Fukushima blast.

After all, if what we think is true and somehow there were explosives in those large cameras, then it is possible that the explosives were of a different sort and similar to the 9/11 or more newer devices.

Then, it would make sense for any explosion caused by that to be 'blamed' on something else.

Just another of my wild speculations.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Some enlargements from the Aug 20th article. If there is anything to learn, larger images always help. Q, You mentioned the Union of Concerned Scientists the other day. I'm still waiting for their early April press conference that was going to blow the lid of this mess. I don't think they're as concerned as they would have us think. When did science get so perverted?....I don't know. The world seems to be wrapped up in Ann Coulter, or as I call it,..child molester science. Skew and twist every fact to defend and justify your keepers lies. It's very sad to see how few voices have spoken out. There is a lot more broken here, than just Fukushima.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Aug 20th. A look at the south, tepco cam location, and #4 from the south.

Looking north towards #4 Aug 20

Zoom on #4.The leaning end. Aug 20.

www.youtube.com...
The link.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
And just when you didn't think that the disaster could get any shi**y'er......

www.tokyoreporter.com...

Flustered Fukushima farmers up to their ears in radioactive bullsh*t

August 21, 2011

“We’ve run out of space to store it,” frets a 75-year-old farmer in Date City, Fukushima Prefecture, who tends a herd of some 70 cattle.
His bovines’ digestive systems are remarkably productive, generating two tons of excrement per day. This material, rich in nutrients, is normally recycled by selling it to vegetable growers.
But as the Nihon Keizai Shimbun (Aug. 16) reports, on July 22, farmers were ordered to halt #ments — sorry, we meant shipments — of the stuff until it could be determined it was free of radioactive cesium and thereby safe to spread.
The Ministry of Agriculture determined on August 1 that the safety level for cesium in cow dung was 400 becquerels per kilogram. It also promised to conduct inspections, but as of mid-August the inspection procedures have yet to be put in place and as a result, farm areas are literally becoming inundated in bullsh*t.
To make matters worse, the “Law regulating domestic animal excrement” requires farmers to store cow pies in specified areas, which means the stuff cannot be dumped in fields behind the barn.
The farmers are shrieking they’re about to run out of space. Fukushima has offered to intervene to take some of the load off the ministry, but so far nothing’s happened and in the meantime the poop is earning a PhD — piled higher and deeper.
“I’m pretty sure the cows’ feed is not contaminated, and that we’re within the margin of safety, but it’s troublesome about how rumors are being circulated that produce from Fukushima isn’t safe,” farmer Shunsuke Kokubu tells the paper.
Farmers have been told that waste exceeding the standard cannot be sold off for fertilizer, since the vegetables would absorb the radioactive cesium. So what to do with the defective defecation? It will be “disposed of.” But when asked what measures will be taken to effect this disposal, a farmer in Nihonmatsu City replied, “Nobody’s decided yet.”
“The national government is still dithering over how to deal with the mess,” he grumbled. And in the meantime, Fukushima farms are filled to overflowing with fetid fertilizer. (K.S.)
Source: “Tsumoru gyufun, noka nayamu,” Nihon Keizai Shimbun (August 16, page 30)
Note: Brief extracts from Japanese vernacular media in the public domain that appear here were translated and summarized under the principle of “fair use.” Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy of the translations. However, we are not responsible for the veracity of their contents. The activities of individuals described herein should not be construed as “typical” behavior of Japanese people nor reflect the intention to portray the country in a negative manner. Our sole aim is to provide examples of various types of reading matter enjoyed by Japanese.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Sorry if this was up. TBS CAM June 14th. One of the gang mentioned strange spikes in June. Crane working on or very near south wall of #4. Probably something to do do with bracing the fuel pool, right?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

And from the same night...June 14th...the other cam.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Belgian soccer game halted by fans comments to Japan goalkeeper about Fukushima disaster

Source

Sad

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

When did 75 year old Japanes become so,,, white?

Cause if they were real Japanese,,
they would have left it in there spreaders..
and headed down the road too the government office building,
and offer them "FREE FERTILIZER",,
or just store it on there front lawn for now.

pussies.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Agreed Bob, or they could start piling it up around the nuke plants.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Wow...the guy doesn't miss a beat...and there is some credence...

- Purple Chive

edit on 19-8-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

This guy isn't an engineer, he was a technician who says he had a high security clearance. No problem, just pointing that out. A look at his online creds - all Finnish, can't read them unfortunately, but man he's looking rough these days. Get some sleep Arto Lauri !

Ok, so this is about the most interesting theory I've heard about this. Let's summarize what Arto is saying.

1. Europe and the West have to use more highly enriched fuels, and MOX fuel because Russia as cut off supply of Uranium. France (Areva) stepped up to the plate saying "here guys, use this".
2. Only thing is the reactors can't handle it. They discovered they have afterheat issues, excess steam problems that couldn't be handled by their systems (wouldn't fit in the "drivers" or "vetvel space"), so they opened the reactors and released this radioactivity into the air. They did this several times. This puts more radioactivity (ionization) into the atmosphere.
3. NATO and IAEA get alarmed about the increased ionization in the atmosphere. Japan tries using chemtrails to push the ionization down so that the 'nitrogenesphere' doesn't explode.
4. This doesn't work, so they use HAARP for 2.5 days to try to control this excess by raining it out. Only this is a bad idea, they don't understand. The used this 1000mgW device to push all this energy into the soil. This acts like an "iron nail" grounding it. This energy gets into the plezoactive quartz crystals in the rock and they start vibrating.
5. These vibrations cause the rock to become unstable and the tectonic plates start a'movin'. BAM, earthquake boys and girls, energy gets released.
6. But, oh noes, the nuke plants don't have electricity to pump the afterheat from the reactors into the sea and they had to push it up into the either. (These must be translation problems... ether? Really? There is only so much I can take)
7. When they started doing this the reactor started breathing, it sucked in oxygen which led to the hydrogen explosion. #1 exploded.
8. But, the rock under the reactor was tectonically active, when it exploded it sent massive energy downward into the rockbed. Yikes because 600m under the earth is a 1Km thick "methane clutter layer" (this is actually all over the world and why Germany rushed to shut down their reactors after Fuku), which is a kind of methane ice that is a sensitive balance of pressure and only stays in this state at 2 degrees Celsius.
9. Neutron leakage from the reactors had drilled these holes or pipes in the rock formations already. When the impact struck the methane clutter under #4 expanded to 168 times its normal volume (according to the theory of Nils-Axel Morner). Came up through one of these pipes at "cosmic speed" and created a massive 1km high blue flame right through the reactor (which was empty at the time).
10. This explosion also created a .5 kilometer diameter lane under the reactors. He saw a picture of a 14meter thick concrete wall that was exploded by the force (at Fukushima? I'd like to see it too - that's pretty impressive).
11. Ok, so back to reactors exploding. He doesn't say how reactor #3 exploded, but says that 15 minutes after it exploded, so did #2.
12. He says that in America they have "lost" about 10 reactors and in France 2 are smoking.
13. He then goes on to talk about HAARP and what-not and that Katrina was probably a Russian/Chinese made hurricane.

So. I don't really know what to think of this. I'm not a geologist, I don't know if it's possible for:
1. Ionizing radiation to excite plezoactive crystals.
2. The "nitrogenesphere" (whatever that is) to explode.

and on top of that...
3. Canada supplies about 80% of the world's uranium.
4. It is NOT NORMAL for reactors to vent afterheat into the sea (legally anyhow).
5. Did anyone see a 1KM blue flame come out of reactor #4? Where is he getting this?
6. What about #3?
7. Did anyone see #2 explode? I sure didn't.
8. I think if America had "lost" 10 reactors we'd know about it so I'm going to be generous and assume he means they were shut down by these fuel problems. However, this assumes American reactors are using MOX. Oh oh,

MOX fuel battle in US.
Even as the South Carolina fabrication plant progresses toward start up, the future of MOX fuel remains somewhat uncertain in the U.S. "The DoE still can't find a utility that's willing to take this stuff," Alvarez says. Duke Energy had signed an agreement with the DoE to load four of its reactors with MOX fuel, but the utility let the contract lapse in 2008. The federally owned Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), which operates the Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant and two other nuclear facilities, has expressed some interest in trying MOX and may step up to take fuel from the MFFF. But Lyman questions whether even TVA will be a willing taker. "I don't see why any utility, even a government-owned one like TVA, would want to dabble with this stuff," he says.

So, in summary, what the he** is he talking about? I have a feeling this man has let a couple of marbles slide.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Wertwog because: fixed something

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

That's reprehensible. Dammit people really suck.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

www.youtube.com...
The link.

Looks like they are working furiously to get those privacy tents in place.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Superphénix

Question:
Why has the Superphénix project, which should have used uranium fusion and which was abandoned a few years ago, now been reborn from its ashes in the form of ITER? Is it basically the same project?
Answer:

The Superphénix program (and not project) had absolutely nothing to do with nuclear fusion, the technology on which ITER is based. The goal of Superphénix was to develop a reactor using a mixture of uranium oxide and plutonium oxide. It is therefore a fission reactor, but what is called a "fast-breeder" FNR (Fast-Neutron Reactor). In this type of reactor, the neutrons don’t have to be slowed down, hence the name. The heat transport fluid is either a liquid metal (often sodium) or an inert gas (helium). Their fuel contains plutonium, an artificial element which, like uranium 235, has the property of being fissile. The core of fast-neutron reactors also contains uranium 238 which, although it is not a fissile material and therefore does not participate in the chain reaction, can change into plutonium by absorbing a neutron. When operating in fast-breeder mode, these reactors produce more plutonium than they consume, thus considerably multiplying recovery of the energy contained in the uranium. ITER operates by fusion, which is a completely different phenomenon: instead of splitting heavy atoms (uranium, plutonium) to obtain an energy output, light nuclei (deuterium and tritium, which are isotopes of hydrogen) are combined through forced fusion to obtain a considerably higher energy output. There is therefore no direct link between Superphénix and ITER.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This Arto Lauri character:

There is another thread on ATS here which mentions Arto Lauri and someone by that name has a Linkedin space. I dont know whether he has a facebook page but there is a fair amount for this search term on Google in finnish.

The photojournalist guy who went inside the Fukushima plant. Kazuma Obara's website is here
edit on 20 Aug 2011 by qmantoo because: add the Kazuma Obara website link

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have big Problems with my new Internet-Connection
but do someone of you remember a Night where they use the Chimney/ Emergency Valves?
(maybe by force, maybe not)

(Emergency Valve first in front and the second behind)

Afir. must be around 05-06!

The Weather here is really strange, 40 hours ago a torching 38 Celsius
and now we are in the lower 20'ties!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

St louis, Mo

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Woooooowww, this is intense!

It is like F'Shima-Town!

new topics