It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1021.htm
<< 1018  1019  1020    1022  1023  1024 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
My daughter was eating an apple when she showed me the inside....the seeds started growing...and this is a ripe apple fresh from the store.

We also bought squash, when we cut it open to take the seeds out to cook it.....those seeds were growing inside the squash...

Our neighbor was doing some yard work and said, "Come over and look at this". Coconuts in the tree in his yard started growing...and the coconuts were still on the tree....and green.

Does Radiation cause this?

I'm a little closer to Japan than the rest of you.... Did they notice anything similiar when Chernobyl went critical???

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

I was NEVER solidly refuted. YOU think so, just because YOU think so, don't make it right son.

Watch, you will be eating crow pie in less than 2 years, once the complete official analysis is completed.

And no, I'm ALWAYS here lurking now. I absolutely can't wait until that day, because as you are now seeing, others are starting to pick apart the pieces and see the same thing.

Besides, do I believe people who are experts in each of their fields, who have absolutely no agenda at covering up the facts, or a nameless faceless person who THINKS they see something on a message board?

Gee Monty, I'll take door number 1.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I doubt that we can say something REAL about it
without a better Information!

The Heat is killing here:

35 killed, 7,000 treated for heatstroke in a week

More than 1,000 people per day were treated at hospitals over 3 consecutive days through Thursday, as the mercury shot up to more than 35 degrees Celsius in many parts of the country. Wednesday was particularly severe, with the number reaching 1,428. An NHK survey shows that at least 35 people died of heatstroke in 12 prefectures during the week through Sunday, marking the largest weekly death toll this year.

Source

Many AC do not work because of Energy Saving,
before it was very cool but now not anymore!
edit on 17-8-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

Radioactive sludge piling up

Radioactive sludge from sewage facilities across Japan has been piling up in storage facilities, despite the government's plan to bury it.

Contaminated sludge from sewage facilities now totals more than 54,400 tons. 75 percent of it contains less than 8,000 becquerels per kilogram of radioactive cesium, the government-set limit for disposal by burial.

Despite this, some 27,700 tons of sludge --- 51 percent of the total --- remains in storage at water treatment plants.
n addition, 7 storage facilities in 4 prefectures have had to set up "no entry zones" where radiation levels have gotten too high.

Source
edit on 17-8-2011 by Human0815 because: Info Add

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
reply to post by Pervius

I doubt that we can say something REAL about it
without a better Information!

The Heat is killing here:

35 killed, 7,000 treated for heatstroke in a week

More than 1,000 people per day were treated at hospitals over 3 consecutive days through Thursday, as the mercury shot up to more than 35 degrees Celsius in many parts of the country. Wednesday was particularly severe, with the number reaching 1,428. An NHK survey shows that at least 35 people died of heatstroke in 12 prefectures during the week through Sunday, marking the largest weekly death toll this year.

Source

Many AC do not work because of Energy Saving,
before it was very cool but now not anymore!
edit on 17-8-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

That is AWFUL!!! PLEASE try to stay cool.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
C'mon guys, it is not about who is right or wrong. Even experts who have been doing stuff for 30 years can be wrong. Who gives a Flying eff anyway.

Yes, of course it is nice to be right sometimes, but this thing is so big that we all hope we get it wrong because then it wont be as bad as we think it is going to get.

Maybe you should give up all the red meat and turn vegetarian. Too many hormones in red meat I hear.
:-)
Q

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
E/Q

MAG 6.2 JAPAN...

2011/08/17

11:44:08 (UTC)

36.776 143.773 (MAP)

10.0 kms (depth)

OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

thanks USGS: earthquake.usgs.gov...

seeya

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

You are not the only one noticing this going on...and with stuff that is fresh...

forums2.gardenweb.com...

www.thekitchn.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Didn't see this posted, but honestly have been gone for a few weeks working remotely.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Probe finds TEPCO failed to predict hydrogen explosion at Fukushima nuclear plant

The damaged No. 1 reactor building, center left, at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant is pictured on March 12. (Mainichi)
The operator of the tsunami-hit Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant failed to predict the hydrogen explosion that occurred on March 12 following the disaster, sources involved in the investigation into the crisis said.

"Nobody was able to predict the explosion," an employee at Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) was quoted as telling members of the government's fact-finding panel on the Fukushima nuclear crisis.

"We made a serious mistake as we failed to grasp important information on the power station," plant manager Masao Yoshida was quoted as telling the panel.

The investigation has also revealed that TEPCO did not prepare an instruction manual on procedures for venting to protect reactors' containment vessels when external power sources are lost.

As part of its investigation into the crisis, the fact-finding panel has questioned Yoshida and other TEPCO employees as well as officials with government regulators. It will closely examine the answers as well as data on the accident in order to get to the bottom of the crisis.

The hydrogen explosion occurred at the plant's No. 1 reactor at 3:36 p.m. on March 12, the day after the Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami hit the plant. The blast blew off the upper part of the building housing the reactor.

Experts suspect that the hydrogen was generated after zirconium contained in fuel rods was heated and reacted with water.

TEPCO officials told the fact-finding panel that workers had never imagined that hydrogen would fill the reactor building and eventually explode because they were preoccupied with checking the conditions of the reactor and its containment vessel.

Because the plant had no instruction manual on venting, workers were forced to consider a procedure for venting by closely examining the blueprint of the reactor.

Since all the external power sources had been lost, workers at the plant procured batteries and other equipment to secure power sources. However, due to insufficient communications between workers on the types of devices that were needed, various machines were brought into the plant, forcing workers to take time to select usable devices from among them.

Moreover, some of the devices were mistakenly delivered to the Fukushima No. 2 Nuclear Power Plant -- situated about 10 kilometers south of the crippled No. 1 plant -- and the J-Village soccer training ground, about 20 kilometers south of the No. 1 plant, where plant workers were staying, forcing workers to visit these facilities to pick up the devices.

"The TEPCO headquarters didn't extend sufficient support to us," one of the employees was quoted as lamenting during the questioning.

Furthermore, the panel has discovered that Yoshida and other top officials with the plant failed to notice the isolation condenser (IC), necessary to cool down the core of the No. 1 reactor in case of emergency, had stopped working, and considered countermeasures on the assumption that the IC was functioning properly.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Here's SFA437's original analysis of the overhead:

Originally posted by SFA437
reply to post by Procharmo

OK this is a VERY preliminary look at the overhead but here is what I see (photo is enlarged and uncropped- lot of things going on in this one):

Red arrows = application of force.
Circles = area of interest

OK let's start with the green circle. Within this area you can see an upwards and outwards application of force. Something went up & out in a hurry- whether it was explosive venting, hydrogen explosion or something else... it left FAST.

The blue circle shows a lot of what appears to be charred material, most likely concrete and roofing materials. Whatever was under there was VERY hot.

Just to the "south" of that is a large scorch mark which is consistent with an explosion "next door". Pay attention to the red arrow showing a large AC unit being shoved to the left. This is consistent with a blast coming from out of frame to the "south".

The red arrow on the far left shows a large diameter pipe or duct bent back onto itself, again showing a high order explosion somewhere "south" and out of frame. The same applies to the toppled stack at top right and general movement of the roof structure and wall damage near scorch mark.

The building at the bottom of the photo has holes in it as well but this is from airborne objects punching DOWN through the roof. You can see the curve of what appears to be rebar at the edges.
edit on 30-3-2011 by SFA437 because: Added details

And a follow up post:

Originally posted by SFA437
Sirs-

I've had some more time to look at the hi-res photo and want to make an addendum.

The red arrows are indeed indicating force applied but it is reflected force, a kind of wraparound. The same kind of damage wrecked the rear of the Ishtar Sheraton Hotel in Baghdad. A massive truck bomb went off in front and the rear of the building sustained the most damage.

An overpressure front acts in air just like a tsunami does in water. When it hits something it does not necessarily refract and the wavefront but can combine and cause damage on the opposite side.

I think that #3 went high order and the wave was reflected off the turbine building, retained 10psi+ and struck the side of #3 after it was structurally weakened and shoved the whole side inwards.

The holes in the turbine building are definitively pre-explosion in regards to #3.

Sorry I wasn't on top of this last night but it was a kind of "off the cuff" 5 minute analysis. I'll stand behind this one 110% as being accurate.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this though....

I have no explanation for it whatsoever. None.
edit on 31-3-2011 by SFA437 because: Coffee does not ensure lack of typographical errors

The location of the hole alone in comparison to the location of the reactor argues against the hole being due to an explosive event within the reactor well.

I'm thinking that with external power being down the circulating pumps would have stopped allowing heat to build up in both the reactor and spent fuel pools. It's all the same water, is it not? That water boiling off would have exposed the spent rods as well as the core within the reactor.

Didn't mean to instigate another mud-slinging fest as I appreciate civil discourse most of all. and I whole heartily agree with your sentiment that Tepco should have been fully truthful from the beginning (heck they could start right now) and brought in world experts to try and get some knd of control in the situation, but it is what t is and we are stuck scavenging do scraps.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
Maybe you should give up all the red meat and turn vegetarian. Too many hormones in red meat I hear.
:-)
Q

Q, youre not only an excellent researcher, youre a comedian too.
and its an excellent idea too boot. It sure helped me.

Thanks for getting all that stuff orhanized. I dont know if Ill ever have all the PF stuff organized. Theres so much new stuff going on that its hard to find time. Ill keep trying.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Fukushima Cracking Up

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ive been over the R3 explosions, including the most recent oztvwatcher, and they are all now manipulated to eliminate the initial pulse pre blast. Instead of the pulse which occurs approximately 0.5 second before main blast, youll notice on the oz vid, and others, that there is a pixel pop showing a different linear flow. In other words, its been digitally spliced in a way that leaves the time stamp.

Other vids have been cut so that the first frame is actually between the pulse and the blast, yet it is repeated so as to seem like there is a few seconds of video running before the blast. Then the actual vid starts and the blast happens. Or theyve had frames moved around. Watching pixels pop is how you can see the difference.

I have a feeling that oztvwatcher will have been visited by the authorities and threatened and wont provide the original. And the Australian TV show probably wouldn't either. And you cant do a FOIA for them. Damn, i am so kicking myself for being stupid and not capturing it. I should know better.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Fukushima Cracking Up

- Purple Chive

He says, concerning where the steam is coming from, "some of the pipes and some of the structures underground". I have a feeling he doesnt know how right that statement might be.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
It seems as though the building we've been going round and round about is actually not the switching yard:

J&C, please stop referring to our discussion as round and round. Its not. Im not trying to prove anything, Im trying to understand the truth. Round and round is what happens in debates, and debates are for people trying to prove a point. If I thought for a second that the pre blast pulse which occurred in the area of the 1/2 SY (Noble Gas building), and damge to the 1/2 SY was from R3, I would admit that, and not consider the originator of the blast to be the UC. But thats not the case and we should just again agree to disagree. As stated before, unless new data is brought forward that shows that the early pulse and the damage to the 1/2 SY was caused by the R3 blast, my opinion remains the same.

This being the case, I could see how the damage would be done from within the building. Any explosive wave would travel through the ducts to the Noble Gas Hold Up Device building creating overpressure within (i would imagine) thus providing the energy for a slightly delayed explosive event after the main blast.

And yet you couldnt see how this building could be affected in a similar fashion by the UC, which it would also be connected too. This means you are trying to prove the UC theory wrong, and thats fine, thats your view. I believe otherwise, though when the final book is written, it may be something totally different (as Matador keeps trying to point out).

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Its been awhile since doing heavy machinery construction work, but back in the day when I did, first thing I was told was the importance of resting hydraulic arms on the ground. The photo below is the putzmeister at rest.

This photo however shows the putzmeister hanging over the area near the EH in the act of pumping water it must be assumed, unless someone can come up with a viable explanation for this positioning.

Why would they need to pump water into the EH, or near there, if thats whats happening.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Tepco Video Released today - English Subtitles

Daniero...hope you see this post - found video w/ subtitles...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Pervius

You are not the only one noticing this going on...and with stuff that is fresh...

forums2.gardenweb.com...

www.thekitchn.com...

- Purple Chive

PC, maybe this explains all of those rushed efforts at massive seed storage..

Just seems odd, that literally months after all of that happened that we start noticing this. Been eating fresh fruit for 48 years, never once had that happen.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
A thought concerning the current state of R3. If the idea that the corium in R1 and R2 has already left the building, and the corium in R3 has been scattered around the basement from the R3 blast is true, (which of course we dont know for certain and maybe never will), this makes R3 the wild card right now, and again explains why so much water is being pumped into it. R1 and R2, as well as the fuel in the UC, is under water (either groundwater or seawater intrusion) and not a threat to explode (I hope). But R3 corium would still be above the water table if its still in the basement or containment, and still producing reactions, which could lead to another explosion. Just another theory but something to maybe consider. As the saying goes "no turn unstoned".......whoops..I mean, "no stone unturned". (My hippie roots are showing. We also used to say "Old hippies never die, they just puff away"). Sorry, its still early in the AM.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

reply to post by Pervius

forums2.gardenweb.com...

www.thekitchn.com...

- Purple Chive

PC, maybe this explains all of those rushed efforts at massive seed storage..

Just seems odd, that literally months after all of that happened that we start noticing this. Been eating fresh fruit for 48 years, never once had that happen.

All I can say is wow. When first reading this I tried to understand the implications and cant. I hope someone with nulcear expertise will explain how this could be happening, if it is connected to Fukushima, which we should probably assume it is, since this isnt normal by a long shot. What is happening in Japan?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Fukushima Cracking Up

- Purple Chive

He says, concerning where the steam is coming from, "some of the pipes and some of the structures underground". I have a feeling he doesnt know how right that statement might be.

Will anyone in Japan ever feel safe again drinking water from wells? Where I live, around 15 years ago they wanted to put in an underground low-level nuclear waste site. I went to the town hall meeting and stated..."there will be a day when, clean, pure drinkable water will be more precious than Gold..."

Gundersen:

"So ten to 15 years from now maybe we can say the reactors have been dismantled, and in the meantime you wind up contaminating the water," Gundersen said. "We are already seeing Strontium [at] 250 times the allowable limits in the water table at Fukushima. Contaminated water tables are incredibly difficult to clean. So I think we will have a contaminated aquifer in the area of the Fukushima site for a long, long time to come."

english.aljazeera.net...

A very sad state of affairs...

- Purple Chive

top topics

<< 1018  1019  1020    1022  1023  1024 >>

join