It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 102.htm
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

Last count I had was: Three explosions at reactors 1-3 and a fire at the No. 4 reactor.

The control room has been abandoned now according to CNN and there is evidence of "water boiling" at reactor 4 -

A nuclear crisis at the quake-hit Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant deepened Tuesday as fresh explosions occurred at the site and its operator said water in a pool storing spent nuclear fuel rods may be boiling, an ominous sign for the release of high-level radioactive materials from the fuel.

Kyodo News

Edit to add: if reactor 4 has exploded that is a new development as far as I am aware - and a very concerning development - see above.
edit on 15-3-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by kithylin

This is a level 7 event. If anything, it will exceed Chernobyl - 6 plants plus spent rods. Governments don't like admitting to such things, so it may be anywhere from hours to weeks for the official word to come down, but we have just witnessed the reality of The China Syndrome.

TheRedneck

I can confirm what you are saying. I was in contact with my friends in Japan. They were literally weeping while I was talking to them. The situation at the plant is out of control. Workers are leaving their posts because of fear of the radiation. At this point the site is just about lost, all attempts to cool the reactors is failing. The brave men still there are losing the battle. They are not saying officially yet but the entire site will have to be abandoned. They will have to seal it off and nobody will be able to live around that area for hundreds of years. My friends are preparing to leave Japan now, they are going to fly to LA to stay with family.

This might happen but there is no way it happened yet!!!! if this was the case the Stock market would be down 2000 points. I know it could be bad, I'm not denying it. But to say its happening now,, no way!!! The guys trading stocks will show you what's up..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Found this interesting web page.
Should answer a lot of questions about fallout,decay and japan.
Www.ki4u.com/illwind.htm
Sorry I can't provide an actual since I'm sending this via iPad.
Well,haven't figured it out yet.
edit on 15-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
Bit worrying:-

1739: Some 500 bone marrow transplant centres across Europe are being asked to be on standby to treat Japanese radiation victims if the need arises.

From bbc live website:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

Huh. Asians are a very small minority of the stem cell donor databases. Very small. Out of race matches are less likely.

I'm on the list in Canada. I happen to be an odd ball of European descent with some factors that make me more likely than usual to match to Asians. Never occurred to me I might get a call in the next couple of weeks.

They should probably extend their call out to Canada/US/Australia - caucasians are more likely to be on the stem cell donor lists and there is a good chance that some of those nation's people are actually of mixed race Eurasian - not that uncommon here. It might up their chances of finding a match.

(I have a number of friends who look completely European, but have ancestors who are native, polynesian, chinese. Natives North Americans may have factors that make them more likely to match Asians, making these populations of "caucasians" to be more likely to have matches than Europe.)
edit on 2011/3/15 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rancher1

Seriously? You're depending on stock traders to understand intricate nuclear physics?

I'll stick with TheRedneck for my warnings. He seems to be the most in the know here. Nothing he has said so far has been wrong. I think we're pretty on top of the crisis----without checking the stock markets, LOL.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Seriously? You're depending on stock traders to understand intricate nuclear physics?

I'll stick with TheRedneck for my warnings. He seems to be the most in the know here. Nothing he has said so far has been wrong. I think we're pretty on top of the crisis----without checking the stock markets, LOL.

Sell offs can be alleviated by buy ups from others. Making it not so obvious.

Particularly if there are people or organizations with lots of money who suddenly buy-up what is being sold, making the plunge less obvious.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
CNN weather has just reported that there have been some "snow" showers in the area of fukushima

Just wondering if this snow could be something else, given the nuclear leaks.. anybody , ideas?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
according to this no 4 has had an explosion as well!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

Press Release (Mar 15,2011)
Damage to the Unit 4 Nuclear Reactor Building at Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Station

At approximately 6:00am, a loud explosion was heard from within the
power station. Afterwards, it was confirmed that the 4th floor rooftop
area of the Unit 4 Nuclear Reactor Building had sustained damage.

After usage, fuel is stored in a pool designated for spent fuel.

Plant conditions as well as potential outside radiation effects are
currently under investigation.

TEPCO, along with other involved organizations, is doing its best to
contain the situation. Simultaneously, the surrounding environment is
being kept under constant surveillance.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Found this interesting web page.
Should answer a lot of questions about fallout,decay and japan.
Www.ki4u.com/illwind.htm
Sorry I can't provide an actual since I'm sending this via iPad.
Well,haven't figured it out yet.
edit on 15-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Could someone please link or post this web site www.ki4u.com?
It has a vast amount of info. And you can buy a geiger counter keychain!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Believe me. These traders will know faster then just about everybody,, I'm not saying things won't get worse but to say it already happened is wrong. Just check the levels of radiation. The worse case as not happened yet!!!! When it does just watch the market,,, In fact it looks like things are getting better, but that can change fast..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by A T K

Somehow I feel like that site is not gonna honestly report the levels...I mean how honest has any of this been, or any nuclear disaster for that matter been reported on!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I am getting suspicious over the no fly zone now - they don't want any more pictures of blown up buildings being shown to the world????

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

Or there's just an incredible amount of radiation in the air above the plant, and they don't want anyone else to get radiated?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Originally posted by RickyD
reply to post by A T K

Somehow I feel like that site is not gonna honestly report the levels...I mean how honest has any of this been, or any nuclear disaster for that matter been reported on!

Valid point, but how many Geiger counters do you have? I would be far more suspicious if CNN or another MSM website put up something similar. It's better than nothing.
edit on 15-3-2011 by A T K because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The news is SUCH a joke here.

I put on CNN since they had the most coverage. They were talking about how natural radiation is,
and downplaying this to the max.

Yes radiation is natural ( bananas for instance), but what happened to Japan is NOT.
They talking like this is just a thunder storm,! This is SOO wrong.

I am sick of governments hiding what they know and the media backing them. If you think I am stupid enough to believe this is not much worse thane eating a few bananas, you need to go check yourself!
I understand not wanting a panic, but this does not seem the motive.

I think they do not want a nuclear backlash , on their plant building. Sick sick sick.....
I do not follow party lines either. I am a republican, but I think they need to reconsider nuclear power until
they really know a safe way to use it. ...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
I am getting suspicious over the no fly zone now - they don't want any more pictures of blown up buildings being shown to the world????

Or Japan does not want pilots and passengers from contracting cancer?

Not everything is a conspiracy... *face palm*

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by monica86

Originally posted by monica86
CNN weather has just reported that there have been some "snow" showers in the area of fukushima

Just wondering if this snow could be something else, given the nuclear leaks.. anybody , ideas?

Snow is snow, it could be (and most likely is) laden with a whole list of radioactive materials...
edit on 15-3-2011 by A T K because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Traders are emotional idiots for the most part, with over-developed herd instincts. They believe the official unemployment, inflation and growth numbers, for goodness sakes! I watch the vatious stock channels and have heard some of the absolute stupidest analysis I've heard in years the past few days.

Most can't wrap their heads around the scale of the disaster and think the Japanese economy will recover swiftly and the world economy will find "opportunity" in disaster....idiots, all of them. Worse, uncaring and selfish idiots.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

This might happen but there is no way it happened yet!!!! if this was the case the Stock market would be down 2000 points. I know it could be bad, I'm not denying it. But to say its happening now,, no way!!! The guys trading stocks will show you what's up..

The people on the stock market are only effected by what they see in the news, and so far the news have shifted from the radiation problem, to the recent earthquake, completely ignoring the situation at Fukushima, and even had a 'local nuclear expert' that apparently works at a college or something come on saying 'this is not bad and it will not get any worse, and to remain calm'

So yeah.. don't rely on the stock market, and don't rely on the news telling you "All is okay now!" either, because neither are the case. That's why we in this thread are trying to find actual information, that the news outlets are not telling us.

At least as of about 3 hours ago, I switched it off because they were just looping repeatedly and i'm going to be playing Fallout New Vegas for a few hours and refreshing this thread every so often.
edit on 15/3/11 by kithylin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kithylin

Agree, they are probably downplaying it in the media JUST to try and control the stock markets.

Pretty sad that governments/MSM cares more about the stock markets than peoples well being or just reporting the truth.

I would even except a report saying.. 'we really have no idea how bad it is right now, but it could be very bad', which I feel would be the most honest thing to say at the moment.

edit: sorry for also being OT, just really frustrated as others are

edit on 3/15/2011 by toepick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join