It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1019.htm
<< 1016  1017  1018    1020  1021  1022 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Ren - found this video. Have you witnessed any of this yourself?

Thats the best vid Ive seen of the water table and ground movement PC. I wonder how that feels to people to see something like that. Thats real shock and awe, Mother Nature style.

I think that is what is happening at Fuku right now, except that the seawater is contaminated with radiation and steaming hot.

At some point the water underground should neutralize the fuel and cool it down, yes? It of course will still cause massive rad release, but a future explosion would be avoided yes. (Thats the best happy thought I could come up with
)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by daniero

Daniero, I hope you know just how much your mapping means to us. Its like a light bulb coming on in the dark. Right on, (or as we used to say in the Midwest 'right arm' and 'farm out').

For instance, this totally changes the 4stack equation.

The incineration building isnt one of the buildings in the centralized waste treatment complex (CWT buildings). I dont understand. Where does this building vent to? Another totally unanswered question.

I have a feeling that Im going to be spending alot of time looking at this map. Eventually Im going to combine all maps into one full Fuku map, but your work has no longer made it a pressing necessity. Thank you again amigo. Your work is priceless.

ON EDIT: Why would the CSFP need such a massive suppression surge tank system. I need to go back to school on the workings of a nuke plant, cause I thought that the suppression surge tanks were connected to the suppression chamber of the reactors. a storage pool doesnt have a suppression chamber. Help, what am I missing, Im cornfused (another midwest saying
)

Also, we now have a fourth title for the CSFP, the Common Supplementary Operational Facility (who thinks up all these names and why do they have so many for one building). Will google the new name now. Back later with results.
edit on 16-8-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
These pics are from today Aug 15. I wasn't going to throw them up but Z mentioned the south end being used to move stuff in and out so ignore them if they are useless. I just wouldn't want to miss anything important.

Not useless at all AC. Im going to look into this further. Why would they build a new offloading dock and crane station when they have the same already in use at the quay. Hmmmmm? Will report back later with any findings.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
While googling Common Supplementary Operational Facility Fukushima, the first hit concerned new measures they have decided to take in light of the Fukushima disaster. Hold on to your seats folks cause this is BIG.

www.tepco.co.jp...

I cant fugging believe this. They are now going to train people in what to do if there is a station blackout.

DONT YOU THINK ITS A LITTLE LATE FOR THAT YOU FRIGGIN ARSEWHOLES TEPCO. LIKE MAYBE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD IDEA BEFORE YOU OPENED THE DOORS OF THE PLANT.

THIS ALONE SHOULD BE USED TO BRING TEPCO DOWN. THEY DEMANDED NO TRAINING FOR A STATION BLACKOUT BEFORE THE DISASTER. WTF!!!!!! HOMER SIMPSON ISNT EVEN THAT STUPID.

YOURE DONE TEPCO. PACK YOUR FUGGIN BAGS AND HIT THE ROAD. THE WORLDS ACTIVIST COMMUNITY IS GOING TO SHUT YOU DOWN AND PUT YOU ALL BEHIND BARS.

on edit: I have no doubt that Tepco and Japanese gov and USA gov are monitoring this thread 24/7. Just post something important with a link somewhere and watch how fast it disappears. From now on Im not posting anything without first making sure its backed up and saved.
edit on 16-8-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just came across this and I remembered that PC posted this before and I meant to comment at the time;

Friday, August 12, 2011
Govt To Set Up Special Medical Zone In Fukushima

TOKYO (Nikkei)--The central government is working with Fukushima Prefecture to create a special medical zone there as a way of helping the area recover from the March 11 earthquake disaster and the ensuing nuclear crisis.

Under current law, an employee of a manufacturer or seller medical equipment must have at least three years' experience. This requirement will be eased in the special zone. And to attract small businesses with advanced technologies, subsidies for the cost of testing medical devices newly developed there will be offered as well.

A data center will be set up at Fukushima Medical University to gather information on patient cases from all over the prefecture. Since such data is essential in drug development, the center is expected to help encourage pharmaceutical firms to set up operations in Fukushima.

A facility for boron neutron capture therapy will also be created at a hospital. This experimental radiation therapy is said to be more effective at treating relapsed cancers than other methods. The governments hope to draw not only patients, but also their families and friends, from inside and outside Japan to Fukushima.

The central government is looking to allocate roughly 10 billion yen for the special medical zone in fiscal 2011's third supplementary budget.
------------------------------------------

This makes me mad. Theryre going to turn Fukushima's disaster as a boondoogle for the pharmaceutical industry. Let us experiment on you.

YET THEY WONT TEST OR DO THE LEVEL OF MONITORING OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT THE PEOPLE OF NORTHERN JAPAN REALLY NEED. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It seems as though the building we've been going round and round about is actually not the switching yard:

It is rather the noble gas hold up device:

Wastes generated in a plant are divided into gas, liquid and solid materials, and are processedseparately. The gaseous waste, after attenuating the radioactivity to sufficiently low level withan activated-carbon-type noble gas hold-up device, is discharged from a vent stack monitoringthe concentrations of radioactive materials.

source

This being the case, I could see how the damage would be done from within the building. Any explosive wave would travel through the ducts to the Noble Gas Hold Up Device building creating overpressure within (i would imagine) thus providing the energy for a slightly delayed explosive event after the main blast.

The switching yard is the larger building south of the NGHD:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
reply to post by daniero

Also, we now have a fourth title for the CSFP, the Common Supplementary Operational Facility (who thinks up all these names and why do they have so many for one building).

I'm glad it's of use. However, I couldn't always find an official name for the buildings, and sometimes I'm not sure there is one. What I called the "Common Supplementary Operational Facility" is also listed in Tepco documents as the "Operation Support Common Facility."

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I'm starting too see,,
or imagine if u wish,,
a really well designed
BOMB ,,

Guess the only thing that backfired about this bomb,,
was that it only
"remember,, the poo,,poo, stinky, video,,"
it turned too diareha,, instead of a full load.

opppsss,,,

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

VERY OFFICIAL announcement by NRC going to inspect Turkey Point...

Uhummmm...

www.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
reply to post by Wertwog

WW, I don't take credit for any of the things Ive come up with, except discovering the pre blast pulse,

Some others had found the pulse and it factored into the theories put forward here as well. I suggest reading back through those posts.

the concept that one person came up with the idea that corium in one of the reactors has left the building is wholly inaccurate. It was a widely held belief by many from day one.

I don't think TRN or Silver would be happy if I was saying they were the only folks in the world who came up with the idea - in fact I wasn't saying that. I was saying they were the ones on this thread to come up with it.

If this forum thread wants to pat itself on the back for anything, its the simple fact that people here didnt buy any of the official BS, fought hard to understand the truth, and we continue to do that to this day.

You better believe it!

However, I will take credit for joining this forum at a time when it was experiencing an intelligence lock down. By that I mean that a group of you demanded that all the members of the thread agree with you or hit the road, and I broke that log jam open, because this was the last forum that was still on Fuku's case and where people are allowed to think outside the box.

I totally disagree with your interpretation of that, and you did not break any 'log jams open', but you have been posting a lot and coming up with a lot of ideas which you met some resistance to early on. Silver, SKF147, TRN aren't around any longer, that doesn't mean they would or wouldn't agree with you. It just means that most of the opposition to your ideas is largely MIA.

Hopefully we can continue to investigate this disaster in a professional manner as an environmental forensics investigation demands. With all due respect.

I'm not a professional forensics investigator, neither are most of the folks here, and the focus of this thread is not solely for this purpose, although since you joined it seems to be 99% of what is going on, and that's not a bad thing, as this is an important function of what we can do to understand this disaster, but don't impose your 'profession' upon the rest of us. That's your deal, and it's adding a lot to our knowledge base and it's vastly appreciated, but it's not the ONLY purpose of this thread, please remember that.

We all mostly get along, but this thread has entertained lively debate, folks often disagree and this is healthy and necessary. This scares some folks off, that's their deal. We don't all have to get along in perfect harmony all the time as long as we can keep our debates civil. When there is no debate or disagreement it's quite pleasant but we need to make sure we're awake and not letting ourselves drift into group think.

edit on 16-8-2011 by Wertwog because: fiddling

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Chr*st almighty! Pardon my French. This is horrific! Come on down! Free sick people to test your gadgets and drugs on! Dr. Mengele 2.0!

Force the people back into the zones. Force them to clean up the radioactive debris with their own sweat and money. Offer them free medical care...

I think I'm going to be sick....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
here's an early video that still works...daniero, partial translation? or at least a summary perhaps as it's quite lengthy.

There's not too much interesting information in the video, since the Japanese commentators really weren't too sure about it at the time. Here's a quick translation of the interesting part of the conversation:

Man: This video is really interesting to me. I'm really interested in that fireball along with the loud noise and now you can see that something is falling. I don't believe we saw that with the Unit 1 explosion. Then the bottom part - I'd like you to pay attention to the color of the smoke. The top part has dark smoke, but the lower part has more vapor-like white smoke. What in the world is it? I'm not sure if that has something to do with the hydrogen explosion or not. I'd like some information on it.

Woman: There seem to be some differences from the unit 1 explosion. What are these?

Man: Yes. I'm sure this was just a hydrogen explosion as well, but the fact that we saw the fire and a difference in color along with the falling rubble. The falling rubble is quite large, so I believe there must have been a lot more gas involved in the explosion.

Woman: We're now watching a recording of the explosion that took place around 11:01 at Fukushima Dai-Ichi. To review (...) This was caused by the buildup of hydrogen which caused an explosion similar to the one that occurred two days ago at unit 1. They mentioned that such an explosion was possible. They said that they were considering taking off the panels on the roof to avoid that possibility. It appears that the roof was blown away and destroyed in the explosion. On the other hand, though a hydrogen explosion occurred at Unit 1 two days ago, the reactor and the containment that protects the reactor were not damaged and unit 1 is in a safe condition. As for unit 3, there is currently no information on the status or the state of the facility.

Man: This is the video of Unit 1. Mr. Kurosawa, lets look at the unit 1 video once again. In comparison to the unit 3 explosion...

Kurosawa: (Unit 1) had no fire. Also, there was no falling rubble. Though we did see the rising smoke in both. Unit 3 had a much larger-scale explosion, the falling rubble was particular to the unit 3 explosion. (...) At 6:50 there was an announcement calling for temporary evacuation for workers due to the increasing heat. However, because the heat fell they returned to work, and that was when this explosion occurred.

Man: Yes. There is a possibility that there were workers outside the building, and we're very worried about their safety. (...) This is an image of unit 1 after the explosion. We still don't have any pictures in of Unit 3, but we are able to guess from the color of the smoke that it is possible there was another explosion involved.

Woman: We have new information that this was a hydrogen explosion and that they are currently confirming the state of unit 3.

I've also looking into the Japanese tweets about the steam rising up from the ground. They seem to be from a couple of anti-nuclear demonstrators who have been known for making some rather extreme statements. Their tweets seem to be discussed on a lot of Japanese blogs, but I couldn't find them listed on any mainstream news sites. Most of the Japanese commentators seem to believe that the tweeters are spreading false rumors, with some comments mentioning that the tweeters are rather well known for doing so. A minority believe them and question why the question hasn't been picked up by the news. I think the tweets are a bit extreme, but since some people have brought up these ideas, I figured that it's worth posting. These are the tweets from August 2nd which I've translated:

@reiki_bunbun
The premises of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. Cracks are opening up in the ground all over the place and dark high-temperature smoke is spewing out of the cracks.

@tokaiama
This is really turning bad! I got a phone call from Mr. Asao Kobayashi (@kobayashiasao). According to information from an insider, the cracks in the ground are getting bigger and there is black smoke. Nuclear magma has begun to come out from small cracks in the ground. Even worse, the Sievert level is so bad that it can't be approached. The contamination is so bad that no one can get on the site.

@tokaiama
According to Mr. Kobayashi, the cracks aren't large enough to see, but they've confirmed that black smoke is rising from them. The details are unclear because they can't approach it. The source can't come out because the source seems to be an insider at the management level.

@tokaiama
In this case, there is a possibility that it's not the fuel rods spreading, but rather nuclear magma that melted through along with intense heat and vapor explosions which will continue to cause the site to crumble as radioactive steam continues to rise from underground! If that is the case, I have suspicious that there will be a horrible amount of radiation coming out!

@tokaiama
If the nuclear magma has melted into the ground and broken it apart from the heat and pressure, and the steam is coming out of cracks, then an even more massive amount of radiation than ever before will be released into the atmosphere.

@tokaiama
If cracks are opening up on the site of the Fukushima Dai-Ichi plant and black steam from the underground nuclear magma is being released into the atmosphere, then I believe that there is a strong possibility that there will be a large-scale contamination event the likes of which we've never seen. At this point no one should even be able to get on the site. No one will ever be able to approach it again. They would be sure to die from radiation poisoning.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

found a another of #3;

This one has good sound, clearly has the 3 pops and dopler but don't think it has the flash you are looking for?

edit on 16-8-2011 by Wertwog because: fiddling

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

That's a 'recrushed' version of oztvwatchers video. You cannot see the blast wave emitted. I wonder if a measurement can be made that can determine if hydrogen would be capable of the velocity shown...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
reply to post by Wertwog

That's a 'recrushed' version of oztvwatchers video. You cannot see the blast wave emitted. I wonder if a measurement can be made that can determine if hydrogen would be capable of the velocity shown...

In order to measure the velocity we'd need to know the height. We could determine the horizontal distance from the dopler effect, but the vertical.... hummm.... get back to you.

I've long thought that hydrogen has nowhere near the power that it would need to 'powder concrete' and do a vast majority of damage it's being attributed to doing on this site. There had to have been another event. A steam explosion or a criticality event, it's just a matter of where it occurred, in the SPF or reactor, or containment/basement floor.

on edit: do we have any construction blueprints or anything else showing the height of the towers or buildings? If so we can determine the height of the explosion then work out the velocity.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

I'm starting too see,,
or imagine if u wish,,
a really well designed
BOMB ,,

Guess the only thing that backfired about this bomb,,
was that it only
"remember,, the poo,,poo, stinky, video,,"
it turned too diareha,, instead of a full load.

opppsss,,,

"Man: Yes. I'm sure this was just a hydrogen explosion as well, but the fact that we saw the fire and a difference in color along with the falling rubble. The falling rubble is quite large, so I believe there must have been a lot more gas involved in the explosion. "

i remember going into the bed room,,,(at this point this was live remeber),, and waking my wife at that point,
cause i honestly believed ,,,that the world ,,as we knew it,,was over,,that was 6 months ago,,,

it didnt go BOOM??????
still no clear answer why yet,, but it should have.

critical=BOOM????
im old school iguess..
And i have been watching ever since,,
So yes im a watcher,, if u will,,,longtime.
edit on 16-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I know what you mean, Bob. I was talking to a friend when I saw it blow and I grabbed a bag and started packing for the East Coast. TRN talked me out of it saying that Pu was too heavy to get to the West Coast and it would be rained out over the Pacific at worst, travel a few miles from the reactor more likely. Then a couple of weeks later Silver came up with the aerosolization hypothesis realizing Pu and U act more like a gas below a micron and the weight is inconsequential.

This is worth watching again even if I don't agree with the SFP theory. Gunderson on #3. There is no way it could have just been hydrogen, but Z isn't saying it was. He's saying, I believe, that prompt criticality was forced by the hydrogen explosion in the basement or UC, not the SFP which was his original theory.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Daniero...your help once again, please...

Page down on TEPCO web cam link...shows where the camera is and stuff in Japanese...would you please work your magic again?

www.tepco.co.jp...

We are all so grateful!!!

- Purple Chive
edit on 16-8-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

I think some early on realized at that point,
we were on borrowed time,,cause,,
when it tears a hole out of Japan,,,anytime now,
,it could have caused,,, a chain reaction of volcanic eruptions,,
That would have been very, very, destructive,,

And the stored rods of "leftover "soup and rods" was stored ABOVE GROUND??? ,,pumping ,, downhill is a lot easier,, ohh what,, it will go down hill withought a pump?,,
ok lets get it as high as we can boys?????/
then i knew why ENGINEERS resigned over the const. of this timed,bomb,,
and too those ENGINEERS,,we need there voice,,
but be seriously carefull,,this is a big boys game
no
question.

sorry i get upset,, and this is why i have kept records from day ,,well ,, too be truthfull,,
i seen the tsunami live,, and when the ,,
Certified Expert from Certified Expert School,,
was asked ,,"do you think, that warnings should be sounded,,"
his reply,, no the flood gates , were designed, to withstand a Tsunami off,,,blahhblahh,,blah,,

while i watched live whole, farms, cars, houses,factories,people in there cars, all being swept away,, while they just drove single file, down the road,,then it started too take out,,the very same Tsunami wave, the japanese, fishing fleet, cause one of there bouts just collided with a overpass in Sendai,,
and this guy is talking about ,,FLOOD GATES?????????
thats why. sorry too unload.
edit on 16-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Daniero...your help once again, please...

Page down on TEPCO web cam link...shows where the camera is and stuff in Japanese...would you please work your magic again?

www.tepco.co.jp...

We are all so grateful!!!

- Purple Chive
edit on 16-8-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

Luckily I caught a break on this one because there's already an English version of the page here:

www.tepco.co.jp...

top topics

<< 1016  1017  1018    1020  1021  1022 >>

join