It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1017.htm
<< 1014  1015  1016    1018  1019  1020 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Breaking News: #Fukushima splashing steam from the cracks in the ground

Source

Just popped into browser, after going around and around. Weird.
Anyhow the tweets are official. Yeah..... social networking!!!!!

Posted by Mochizuki on August 15th, 2011
In early August,an actual Fukushima worker emailed to his friends. “A lot of the cracks came up in the ground,massive steam is coming up from there.It’s too smoggy here,can’t see a thing.It seems like nuclear reaction is happening underground.Now we are evacuating.Watch out for the direction of wind.” Whistle-blower in the gov “I’ve heard that steam is coming up from the cracks in the ground.We are afraid of it.” Another Fukushima worker, “Near the reactors,there are a lot of the cracks in the ground,steam splashed out from there sometimes.and we have detected 10Sv/h at 6 places unlike gov’s announcement.” In Fukushima plants,ground is cracking and radioactive steam is splashing out from the cracks. This has been known among our Japanese community,but we were not sure if it was really true. We did not want to go over the top. We couldn’t trust it fully because of tweets of another nuc worker. He’s a well known person on Twitter. He kept stating ,he hasn’t heard of such a thing. However,this evening,Tepco “confessed” a new fact. That’s there is a huge pool on the basement floor of Fukushima,which is shared by units 1~4. They stock 6400 nuclear spent fuel rods in it,and groundwater is flowing into the pool through broken duct. Now the massively contaminated water is in it at least 9.0t. 6400 fuel rods is about 140% of the total fuel rods in the reactors. Actually Fukushima nuc plants are built on underground water vein,they always needed to pomp up groundwater. However,because of the accident,they stopped pomp up the water.This fact has not been published yet. They say Tepco “found” this trouble on 8/13,but they can’t not know the fact since the very beginning of the accident. Massive steam might have something to do with this. Possibility 1) Melt-out fuel rods are reacting underground and keep having hydrovolcanic explosion with groundwater. Possibility 2) 6400 spent fuel rods are boiling the ground water and it splashes steam from the cracks. Possilibity 3) Both. As a matter of fact,most of the aftershocks have epicenter in Fukushima,just around the nuclear plants. and Fukushima live camera sometimes misses Units because of the too thick smog. It’s above 30C in Fukushima. Considering the heat,the steam must be really thick. I wonder what would happen in winter.

edit on 15-8-2011 by rbrtj because: added info without a new reply

edit on 15-8-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Radiation Dose at Daiichi...microsieverts per hour

www.tepco.co.jp...

Make sure you page down...

AC can you grab the last page and post please!!

On Edit: Could only find a few other times TEPCO has released these results...

April 4th:
www.tepco.co.jp...

August 6th:
www.tepco.co.jp...

August 7th:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 15-8-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Here you go gang. Thanks for all the nice words. I'm just glad I could finally jump in and help.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Sweet AC!! Sweet! You Rock!!

Thanks!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
enenews.com...
I came across this as well. I can't even read that number. I think it's 400 million.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
enenews.com...
I came across this as well. I can't even read that number. I think it's 400 million.

It's 400 BILLION...

400 Billion neutrons...Atmospheric chemists at the University of California, San Diego

Thiemens and his colleagues calculated that 400 billion neutrons were released per square yard of the cooling pools surfaces between March 13, when the seawater pumping operation began

Concentrations a half-mile or so above the ocean near Fukushima must have been about 365 times higher than natural levels to account for the levels they observed in California, the researchers said.

www.upi.com...

Maybe the results Arnie has been alluding to are finally being released...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Ok All these images are from the April 15th robot fly over. They only show the east and south wall of #4. The other 2 sides have been clipped out from the start. Oh Z, A friend saved that film you want of 3 blowing. I should have it by tomorrow if nobody else saved it. I didn't know how, so I sent the link to a friend to save. OK east wall.

The base of east wall. Could the SFP blowing cause all this damage at the base?

Again, base of 4, east side looking north. I see some red discoloration in a couple of these, [HOT?] and is that #1 steaming away on the right?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Again east wall of #4. The cap with blown bolts. I think this is the smaller gantry crane, and the track for the big crane above the yellow cap. I think the big crane is what we see on the south wall.

Nice close zoom in. I hope something jumps out at some one.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The film. You'll see after the roof of #4 it jumps to the west wall of #3

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
enenews.com...
Neptunium with those fries?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
www.facts-about.org.uk...
This might help explain a bit on the subject. Index at the bottom.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Ok Off to the south wall. This is the big crane, I think. Below...well we know this poor guy. It's not from this film, but because this is the area, I thought I'd throw it in.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

has this been discussed , yet,,?
last time it was just dimissed,, out of hand.
definate,, neutron activity,, in my opinion,
,maybe now,, that we know more of the sequence of events,,,
yes/no?
any physicists?,

looks like something boiled off ,, at got a little critical,,,,
edit on 15-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Zooming in to the south wall of #4.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

Here you go gang. Thanks for all the nice words. I'm just glad I could finally jump in and help.

From April 6th
hope it helps

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It is great you are all keeping up with the radiation.
I just want to remind you that I'm still feeling vertical shaking in Tokyo.
Yesterday the shaking was strong for one second.
This happened at 3:30p.m. and 1:30a.m. this morning.
Most people either didn't notice it or are trying to ignore it.
A few people are very worried about it including myself.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

has this been discussed , yet,,?
last time it was just dimissed,, out of hand.
definate,, neutron activity,, in my opinion,
,maybe now,, that we know more of the sequence of events,,,
yes/no?
any physicists?,

looks like something boiled off ,, at got a little critical,,,,

What is the date and time Bob? I'll try and get a peak when it is dark there and back you up if i can.
I can also see 2 or 3 small dots lower down??

edit on 15-8-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

Ren. Is that to mean the shaking is up and down instead of side to side ?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
80m Fissure found in seabed off Sanriku

Fukushima Daiichi Workers Talk about Their Jobs
2011.08.13 Saturday By Makiko Segawa
Makiko Segawa is a staff writer at the Shingetsu News Agency.

On enenews Following on again from the link to this one above, there are some really good comments underneath and I think it adds to our understanding of the situation. The comments about Neptunium below may also be linked to above.

from a comment by arclight

“Twenty neptunium radioisotopes have been characterized, with the most stable being 237
Np with a half-life of 2.14 million years, 236
Np with a half-life of 154,000 years, and 235
Np with a half-life of 396.1 days. All of the remaining radioactive isotopes have half-lives that are less than 4.5 days, and the majority of these have half-lives that are less than 50 minutes. This element also has 4 meta states, with the most stable being 236m
Np (t½ 22.5 hours).

The isotopes of neptunium range in atomic weight from 225.0339 u (225
Np) to 244.068 u (244
Np). The primary decay mode before the most stable isotope, 237
Np, is electron capture (with a good deal of alpha emission), and the primary mode after is beta emission. The primary decay products before 237
Np are isotopes of uranium and protactinium, and the primary products after are isotopes of plutonium.”

and i think we might have found the missing plutonium! there, that was easy! i hope!peace

from the link
wikipedia Neptunium-239

first this
“Neptunium was first produced by Edwin M. McMillian and Philip H. Abelson, working at the University of California, Berkeley, in 1940. They produced neptunium-239, an isotope of neptunium with a half-life of about 2.4 days, by bombarding uranium with slow moving neutrons.”

And then this
“Uranium-239 is an isotope of uranium. It is usually produced by exposing 238U to neutron radiation in a nuclear reactor. 239U has a half-life of about 23.45 minutes and decays into neptunium-239 through beta decay, with a total decay energy of about 1.29 Mev.[2]. The most common gamma decay at 74.660 kev accounts for the difference in the two major channels of beta emission energy, at 1.28 and 1.21 Mev.[3]

239Np further decays to plutonium-239, in a second important step which ultimately produces fissile 239Pu (used in weapons and for nuclear power), from 238U in reactors.”

Interesting bit that last paragraph maybe?

And this interesting link with this quote

“A full-controlled criticality of the element neptunium was achieved in late September 2002 at Los Alamos National Laboratory’s Technical Area 18 using a six kilogram nickel-clad neptunium sphere in combination with approximately 60 kilograms of enriched uranium. Scientists now know it takes about 30 percent less neptunium than previously thought, or about 60 kilograms, to generate a nuclear chain reaction.”
www.globalsecurity.org...

wonder what sort of “experiments” they might have been up to at old fuku? Just trying to stimulate the grey matter a bit with this one!

by maaa
Plutonium picked up in England, Hawaii, Guam, Western part of the United States.

sueec asked whether the aquifer that fukushima daiichi sits on be the reason for big readings of isotopes 40kms away?
and arclight replied

have been giving your question some thought..its been a much discussed topic here!
the aquifer under the plant i believe is a seawater aquifer..
however cracking of the ground could have opened channels, but to where and how quickly does it move..
the contamination area does seem well within the described “heavily” contaminated area done by the japanese researcher! and it seems to follow the direction of the wind as the various reactors exploded!

back to your point on aquifer contamination…if the coriums have sunk into the mudstone and there was fissures and water it would make sense maybe that steam plumes could pop up out of the ground…surely something like this would have been reported as the steam would probaly be super radioactive! just some thoughts here!peace

fukushima diary aug 5th

Dr.Takeda Kunihiko ,a former member of Nuclear Energy Council states they release radioactive gas during the night so satellite can’t observe it easily.

They make a good point in the 15 aug column of the day

Today I noticed they detect radiation at 18m high from the ground in Tokyo. When it comes to Sendai,it’s 80m high from the ground. Yes,everyone lives high,NOT.

They “adjust” the position of the counters to show the proper level of radiation.

Not to mention,they do not check beef,pork,tap water and other food.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

I had too go by the buildings,,1,2,3,and,4,
how much damage there was ,, i do believe it was,, and i am guessing,,before hyd. expl. in #3.

top topics

<< 1014  1015  1016    1018  1019  1020 >>

join