It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1016.htm
<< 1013  1014  1015    1017  1018  1019 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Old picture,,might be helpfull,,,now that identification is crucial,,

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Cesium levels down in seawater near reactors 2, 3...

Seawater collected near the water intake of the No.2 reactor on Saturday was found to contain 0.058 becquerels of cesium-134, or 0.97 times the government-set safety limit. It also contained 0.056 becquerels of cesium-137, or 0.62 times the limit. Both figures were around one tenth of the level found on the previous day.

In April, the level of cesium-137 in seawater near the water intake of the No.2 reactor was found to be 1.1 million times the safety limit. Since then, the density of the radioactive element has been declining, and recently it has fallen below the limit sometimes.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Radioactive impact on wheat may be small

They found 280,000 becquerels of radioactive cesium per kilograms in wheat leaves which had grown before the disaster and were exposed to the radiation from Fukushima. Meanwhile wheat grain which grew afterwards showed about 300 bequerels of cesium, or about one 1,000th of the cesium found in leaves.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Mushrooms Join Growing List of Radioactive Threats to Japan’s Food Chain

Mushrooms joined the threats to Japan’s food chain from radiation spewed by Tokyo Electric Power Co.’s Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear plant, as the country expands efforts to limit the effects of the disaster.

Japan is under pressure to enhance food inspections as it has no centralized system for detecting radiation contamination. About two-thirds of Japan’s prefectures now plan to check rice crops, the Mainichi newspaper reported yesterday, citing its own survey. Half of Japan’s rice is grown within range of emissions from the crippled nuclear plant, and farmers are awaiting the results of tests before harvesting begins this month.
Source

rbrtj

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I see on the Tepco Cam that they are still using the big crane and moving what ever they were yesterday.
Anyone got any idea what the thing is they are fiddling with?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You have got to be kidding me!!

This is where my brain goes numb...

So Japan ships radioactive waste clear to England, England farts around with it, but it is still highly radioactive, and then ships it back to Japan...WTF?

This is how the nuclear industry operates? What ignoramuses thought of this brilliant process? Imperil the lives of so many during the whole trip to and fro...

Japan Prepares for Its First Import of Radioactive Waste Since Earthquake

The vessel Pacific Grebe set sail Aug. 3 to Japan from Britain with more than 30 metric tons of radioactive waste on board. The cargo, Japanese spent fuel reprocessed in the U.K., is returning sealed in 76 stainless steel canisters packed into 130-ton containers. It will arrive early next month at the Mutsu-Ogawara port in northern Honshu for delivery to Japan Nuclear Fuel’s nearby Rokkasho storage site.

www.bloomberg.com...

I must retire for the evening...overwhelming amount of inept, stupidity...Dear Lord...this is how the nuclear industry operates? WTF? Having a moment folks...sorry...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Radiating Americans with Fukushima rain, food: Secret Clinton pact

Excerpts from Arnie Gundersen audio...

www.examiner.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

The brits will be pulling the plutonium out for bombs and MOX. Probably gives the japs a discount on their next fuel load...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

AC scores again

Check out the below. This was part of the 4.22 IAEA report. The bold stuff is of course my writing. It looks like Tepco, as late as 4.27, when video was taken that AC used, was running a line from the temp tanks to the ocean, releasing who knows what amount of high rad water. Initially, if memory serves, around the first week in April they discharged the low rad water from the suppression surge tanks in R5 and R6 so they could be used for storing high rad water. This line ran to the sub drain pit. The line found by AC looks to run from the temp tanks to the sub drain pit though, not the reactors.

This needs further investigation, as time line isnt clear, but it looks like AC busted Tepco once again.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Help Cecil Help. Emergency Will Robinson, emergency.

I really hope Im wrong, but I can no longer find the oztvwatcher video of the original R3 blast that shows the pulse occurring a fraction of a second before the R3 blast. I was going to use this video to illustrate the post after this one dissecting the 1&2 SY building damage, but its also NOW GONE FROM THE INTERNET. At least the old link I had is dead. Did anyone download and save this video. Please tell me someone did. If not, another very important piece to the puzzle has disappeared.

edit on 15-8-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is why I don't believe that the R3 blast caused the damage seen in the R1/R2 switching yard building (1&2 SY). Though discussed in previous posts, this more clearly defines my reasoning.

Photo #1 shows the path that a shockwave would have taken to do the damage to the 1&2 SY. This shockwave would have entered the front of the building, and then blown out the building in all four directions, including to the ground floor on the north side, with an after effect of sucking some of the backside wall back into the building (Photo #2) and blowing out the frontside back towards R3 (Photo #3). This alleged powerful shockwave, (which isnt seen on the video of the blast), supposedly produced total destruction of the 1&2 SY, but did no damage whatsoever to the other parts of the SY building.

This shockwave would have also blown a hole in the backside of the roof in the 1&2 SY building, without leaving a debris trail in front of it on top of the roof. Yet in the roof damage to the turbine building of R3, a debris trail is clearly seen in all instances, as physics would demand (Photo #4 & #5).

Now look at a video of the R3 blast and you will see that there is no horizontal shockwave emanated by the R3 explosion, and all debris from this blast ends up falling to the east of the 3/4 exhaust stack. This means that debris from R3 did not cause the hole in the roof of the 1&2 SY building. It also shows a delayed blast cloud forming in the area of the SY a number of seconds after the R3 blast, and this cloud expands in all directions, suggesting that the source is the SY area.

At this time I believe that some of the debris seen behind the SY could be blast shadow effect from R3. But I do not believe for a second that the damage seen in the 1&2 SY was caused by the R3 blast, unless someone can come forward with new data that disputes this.
edit on 15-8-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Z and AC...wow! Agree that something is fishy about this set up. Both of you are fabulous sleuths!!

Does this PDF from TEPCO fit into the picture at all? What stands out in the diagram is that the water in Unit 5 and 6 are not going through the treatment process...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Gotta get back to work...but will continue to ponder!! Want to revisit TEPCO's reports on the contamination reading of water in Unit 5 and 6...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Workers at Fukushima Report steam rising from cracks in the ground

fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

A great point that deserves some space. Where do I start ? Social media. Posting info on FB from the start.
E-mailing. Yep. Results. Green Party Leader, Elizabeth May told me to take a hike [nicely] and ignored all info I sent her team. Prominent scientist, David Suzuki ignored all the info I sent him, but did manage to ask for donations. CBC...ignored and no answer. The NDP Party, Health Canada...No response....and so on.
So I wrote up my own report, printed it off, and started handing it out where I live. Local newspapers, radio stations, hospitals, vets, feed stores, our local dairy, hardware stores, grocery stores, etc. Most responses were positive, but ended with "What can we do? We're nobodies. A Menonite lady got mad at me, for trying to explain. We are in a strange battle here. A few self-educated people against our own Governments / media / watch dogs, and 98% of my fellow Canucks who are beer sucking morons. Maybe those nice, smart Anonomous dudes could hack into CBC and replace the Hockey game, with burning reactors some Saturday night? I sure don't have the the computer skills. I have one little trick left and if it pans out, I will let the gang here in on it, in a couple of weeks. A lot of people know this is bad. They just feel powerless. This is a think tank, so if anybody has any ideas [legal] that will help, spit them out gang! Hey! That's what I told Arnie when I emailed him. I said Spit It Out Arnie!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

60 Kilometers/37 miles From Daiichi...Mainstream Media...

www.youtube.com.../u/17/OssAOERoCl4

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

CBS News - "Radioactive Sulfur"????

A spike in radioactive sulfur from the damaged Japanese nuclear plant was detected in California in late March, but researchers say it posed no threat to health. While the amount was higher than normal background levels, it was still small, said Mark Thiemens of the University of California, San Diego.

www.cbsnews.com...#

What the hell is "radioactive sulfur"? Brainacs need your help...please put in layman terms...what I'm reading on searches...it looks like it screws with bacteria, viruses and DNA...

Sigh...finally got a grip on Iodine 131 and 131m, Strontium, Plutonium, Neptunium-239, Krypton-85...

Now have to figure "Radioactive Sulfur"....

Sigh...

- Purple Chive

edit on 15-8-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Workers at Fukushima Report steam rising from cracks in the ground

fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive

PC if you have this link still open in your web browser please save it for offline use. I can walk you through uploading it if need be. I cannot reach this web address, it has either been 'ATSd', has a bad dns link or taken down by the Japanese authorities. If the latter then this is very very important as we've theorised this occuring since TRN was present in this thread. Explains the I131. Explains the sea readings. Explains why this situation sucks so amazingly bad and is going to take a hell of a lot of engineering and tepco $ to resolve. It also can account for an underground complex if corium is proven to not have left the buildings, which tepco will try their utmost to do. So this snippet of information may be one of the most crucial we can have - it will make or break tepco. If the 'No secondary containment failure' card is pulled then we have them by the balls. UC or corium, either way it's a lie....

edit: sulphur, there are 25 isotopes of it according to wiki, 4 are stable rest aren't (so would be radioactive). "35S is formed from cosmic ray spallation of 40Ar in the atmosphere. It has a half-life of 87 days." We don't know what type was found though so can't say for sure what has caused it. Either way it doesn't sound good. New one to me too! Thanks for your links today

secure.wikimedia.org...

edit2:ZW excellent work with blast analysis. I do believe you are onto something, the R3 blast analysis I conducted early on left me with more questions than answers. You have brought some new issues to light. One spanner in the works is the unseen R4 explosion. Perhaps the R4 explosion and UC went up at the same time (in an obvious manner) and this is why it was never shown? It's the unseen flight 93 of fukushima really.

And AC, if ATS ever gives away medals for this thead you deserve one. Great work, excellent tidbits and sleuthing. The pace of the thread has picked up immensely since you have started posting broadly scoured imagery, more information is being bounced around between us all than ever! Tepco must be crapping themselves

edit on 15/8/11 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/8/11 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Ghost - was able to grab a snapshot Google took. Are the Nazi back in power? Stalin?

This is Google's cache of fukushima-diary.com... It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Aug 15, 2011 14:50:59 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more

Full version

* Home
* About

Fukushima Diary
Fukushima Diary

* Home
* Breaking News
* Column of the Day
* Daily News
* Unconfirmed reports

Breaking news “Splashing steam from the cracks in the ground.”
Posted by Mochizuki on August 15th, 2011

In early August,an actual Fukushima worker emailed to his friends.
“A lot of the cracks came up in the ground,massive steam is coming up from there.It’s too smoggy here,can’t see a thing.It seems like nuclear reaction is happening underground.Now we are evacuating.Watch out for the direction of wind.”

Whistle-blower in the gov
“I’ve heard that steam is coming up from the cracks in the ground.We are afraid of it.”

Another Fukushima worker,
“Near the reactors,there are a lot of the cracks in the ground,steam splashed out from there sometimes.and we have detected 10Sv/h at 6 places unlike gov’s announcement.”

In Fukushima plants,ground is cracking and radioactive steam is splashing out from the cracks.

This has been known among our Japanese community,but we were not sure if it was really true. We did not want to go over the top.

We couldn’t trust it fully because of tweets of another nuc worker. He’s a well known person on Twitter.
He kept stating ,he hasn’t heard of such a thing.

However,this evening,Tepco “confessed” a new fact.

That’s there is a huge pool on the basement floor of Fukushima,which is shared by unit1~4. They stock 6400 nuclear spent fuel rods in it,and groundwater is flowing into the pool through broken duct.Now the massively contaminated water is in it at least 9.0t.
6400 fuel rods is about 140% of the total fuel rods in the reactors.
Actually Fukushima nuc plants are built on underground water vein,they always needed to pomp up groundwater. However,because of the accident,they stopped pomp up the water.This fact has not been published yet.
They say Tepco “found” this trouble on 8/13,but they can’t not know the fact since the very beginning of the accident.

Massive steam might have something to do with this.

Possibility 1)
Melt-out fuel rods are reacting underground and keep having hydrovolcanic explosion with groundwater.

Possibility 2)
6400 spent fuel rods are boiling the ground water and it splashes steam from the cracks.

Possilibity 3)
Both.

As a matter of fact,most of the aftershocks have epicenter in Fukushima,just around the nuclear plants.
and Fukushima live camera sometimes misses Units because of the too thick smog.
It’s above 30C in Fukushima. Considering the heat,the steam must be really thick.
I wonder what would happen in winter.
Posted in Breaking News
« Unconfirmed news 8/15/2011
Column of the Day: How many more facts are concealed.. »
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply
Click here to cancel reply.

Name (required)

Mail (will not be published) (required)

Website

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Featured Video

Translator

August 2011 M T W T F S S
« Jul
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Fukushima Diary
Friend UsFriend Us
RSS FeedSubscribe
Follow UsFollow Us

Recent Posts
o Column of the Day: How many more facts are concealed..
o Breaking news “Splashing steam from the cracks in the ground.”
o Unconfirmed news 8/15/2011
o News 8/15/2011
o Column of the Day: Your Geiger counter is less useful than common sense
Recent Comments
o albert so on Column of the Day: What is the purpose of people to call us paranoid?
o Mochizuki on Column of the Day: Your Geiger counter is less useful than common sense
o Japan goes the same way as Belarus: Dictatorship – a deep insight « on Column of the Day: What is the purpose of people to call us paranoid?
o Paolo Scampa on Column of the Day: Your Geiger counter is less useful than common sense
o bertoldh on Breaking News: A citizen of Minami soma shi turned out to have had severe internal exposure

Copyright © 2011 Fukushima Diary - Life in Japan, after 3.11