It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1012.htm
<< 1009  1010  1011    1013  1014  1015 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So what do you think?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

And one more shot from a different angle of the small destroyed building south of #4

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Radiation effect on children's thyroid glands

A group of researchers led by Hiroshima University professor Satoshi Tashiro tested 1,149 children in the prefecture for radiation in their thyroid glands in March following the accident at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant. Radioactive iodine was detected in about half of the children.

Tashiro says radiation in thyroid glands exceeding 100 millisieverts poses a threat to humans, but that the highest level in the survey was 35 millisieverts.

Tashiro says based on the result, it is unlikely that thyroid cancer will increase in the future, but that health checks must continue to prepare for any eventuality.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Bovine Scatology!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Fukushima: Nearly 16000 confirmed dead from Japan's meltdown

from Canadian National Newspaper

Source

The NHK reporter quoted the police who were not specific as to what exactly caused the missing and the dead.
And unless the paper has other evidence I cannot find, they made an assumption that has my vote.
I am certain there are also many dead first responders by now, especially since they were not dressed for the nuclear spewing occasion.
The 11 minute video link is full of other relative information including how the Japanese government is sticking it's nose into how the U.S. Military is storing it's nuclear contaminated equipment used in the early days of the meltdown.
Anyhow that is what jumped out at me from my mail box. rbrtj
www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Here are your enlargements gang.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The video the screen caps came from, that trace the discharge line.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Good to have ya back Jaded!! We've been making some progress!!

One thing that has been consistent in your absence, TEPCO and gov't are still ridiculous!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hello all, been away and very busy with work but been checking in now and again. Of course you are a thread veteran J&C and welcome back Okiecowboy, looking forward to your contributions!

Good work to all who are keeping the light of truth on, even in the dark corners.

Given that we still have active I-131 and other short life isotopes seems likely we still have a lot of fission going on. I'd really like some groundwater readings, especially tritium.

Very pretty IR images BTW!

The Jap/Gov and Tepco still behaving in a genocidal criminal manner, still secretly dumping and pumping while the moon is out, trying to convince folks a gigantic camping tent is going to trap isotopes less than a micron wide and withstand wind, water, earthquake and UV and gamma radiation.

I agree with Prof Busby they should be tried for crimes against humanity and I strongly hope they will be!

Prof Busby calls Jap/Gov & Tepco criminally irresponsible. Current rad levels are 1000 times higher than during the height of the nuclear bomb testing in 1963.

Children's exposure can be measured as follows:

Over 5 years of age multiply exposure X 5
Under 5 years of age multiply exposure X 10

Radiation in Japan: Chronic Nosebleeds, Diarrhea, Lack of Energy in Children in Koriyama City, Fukushima

Ear th Science News

If you want to know how to make nuclear chain reactions talk to a nuke engineer or physicist.

If you want to know how much radiation a human body can tolerate talk to a doctor.

Why are we letting the engineers and physicists tell us what is safe? Especially when they are employed by the nuke industry and their livelihoods are dependent upon the continuance of nuke energy!

Keep up the good forensic analysis Z and everyone else.

Peace out!
- W
edit on 13-8-2011 by Wertwog because: goofy Tepco... those silly boyz.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i talked to my friend in tokyo yesterday and asked him how things were going.

he said he does not buy veggies from eastern japan.

he tries to by from western japan.

so things still are not great there.

i'm sure the fish situation on the east coast is as bad as the land.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
I live in the southwestern part of Washington.

Greetings:

From an ex-Ellensburg Bulldog (as is Westcoast), I have been to the Tri-Cities on both football and baseball road trips.

The following just might interest you.

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

A few tidbits:

Hanford

It was the home of nine nuclear reactors used to produce plutonium, which was needed for atomic weapons.

The Hanford Site is a mostly decommissioned nuclear production complex on the Columbia River in the U.S. state of Washington, operated by the United States federal government.

The site has been known by many names, including Hanford Works, Hanford Engineer Works or HEW, Hanford Nuclear Reservation or HNR, and the Hanford Project.

Established in 1943 as part of the Manhattan Project in the town of Hanford in south-central Washington, the site was home to the B Reactor, the first full-scale plutonium production reactor in the world.

Plutonium manufactured at the site was used in the first nuclear bomb, tested at the Trinity site, and in Fat Man, the bomb detonated over Nagasaki, Japan.

The weapons production reactors were decommissioned at the end of the Cold War, but the manufacturing process left behind 53 million U.S. gallons (204,000 m³) of high-level radioactive waste that remains at the site.

This represents two-thirds of the nation's high-level radioactive waste by volume.

Today, Hanford is the most contaminated nuclear site in the United States and is the focus of the nation's largest environmental cleanup.

While most of the current activity at the site is related to the cleanup project, Hanford also hosts a commercial nuclear power plant, the Columbia Generating Station, and various centers for scientific research and development, such as the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory and the LIGO Hanford Observatory.
Wiki

The Hanford Reach of the Columbia River, where radioactivity was released from 1944 to 1971.

U.S. Government Poisons Americans in "Test"

The "Green Run" was a secret US Government release of radioactive materials on December 2–3, 1949, at the Hanford Site plutonium production facility. Radioisotopes released at that time were supposed to be detected by US Air Force reconnaissance.

Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests to the US government have revealed some of the details of the experiment.

Sources cite 5,500 to 12,000 curies (200 to 440 TBq) of iodine-131 released.

There are some indications contained in the documents released by the FOIA requests that many other tests were conducted, although the Green Run was a particularly large test. Evidence suggest that [color=limegreen]filters to remove the iodine were disabled during the Green Run.

The project gets its name from the processing of uranium at Hanford. Due to the higher radioactivity involved, batch processing waited 90 to 100 days to allow the uranium isotopes to decay. For the Green Run test, a batch was run with only a 16 day cooling period.

The unfiltered exhaust from the production facility was therefore much more radioactive than during a normal batch.

That specifically indicates that unfiltered iodine was released on the public.

But, that was then, this is now; we're still dealing with the same group of people, doublespeak-gobbledegook on how safe they are keeping us from the nasty stuff that is a necessary by-product of power generation.

Still with the waste thing...

The most significant challenge at Hanford is stabilizing the 53 million U.S. gallons of high-level radioactive waste stored in 177 underground tanks.

About a third of these tanks have leaked waste into the soil and groundwater. As of 2008, most of the liquid waste has been transferred to more secure double-shelled tanks; however, 2.8 million U.S. gallons of liquid waste, together with 27 million U.S. gallons of salt cake and sludge, remains in the single-shelled tanks.

That waste was originally scheduled to be removed by 2018.

The revised deadline is 2040.

And this gem:

Data generated by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) shows that [color=limegreen]the site is so porous that the mountain itself contributes almost nothing to waste isolation.

Instead, DOE relies almost completely on a system of engineering fixes, the most outlandish of which are waste disposal containers that must last for at least one million years combined with approximately sixty miles of tunnels lined with thousands of titanium drip shields that DOE does not plan to install for 100 to 300 years or more.

This is exactly the bravo sierra that portrays what is wrong in America.

What moron wrote that proposal, had somebody sign off on one million year containers and actually got it in print as something that DOE proposes?

And how much money has been spent already on Yucca?

There is a thread by itself - and probably a dangerous one. (Where is the +/_ $31 million dollars now?)

But, I'm afraid, this level of mentality is pervasive in government service.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

edit on 13/8/2011 by thorfourwinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

All due respect rbrtj, finding that hard to believe. Source is a bit iffy, like to know where the # is "confirmed" as being from Fuku radiation. I think the 15,700 'confirmed' dead are from the earthquake/tsunami, not meltdown as the headline claims.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt there have been deaths, especially of workers, that are not being disclosed, and we will likely learn of many many deaths as time goes by. So far don't see any reputable studies 'confirming' any radiation deaths.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Wertwog because: fixed the link

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
been watching the livecam... crane action around # 1 for at least an hour or so... it lifted a HUGE rectangular object from the front of the building & has struggled all this time to get it to the other side

a few days ago, i saw the crane deposit this object to the front of # 1, & it had exactly the same problems then... the 2 round marks on the upper front of the building are where the horizontal weight was swaying & crashing into it... the weight now appears to be stuck in the very upper part of the bare steelworks of the building :S

www.tepco.co.jp...

ETA - while i was posting, they've managed to dislodge it, the huge object is right back where it started, at the front of the buildings

they kept trying to get it to the back of the building (where the crane is) by taking it in between #'s 1 & 2... but kept getting caught in the framework

i'm really curious as to what it is they're moving, & why it was in position at the front for a few days

pretty scary seeing it directly overhead of the building, swaying about while the weight was stuck

ok, looks like they're trying it again...
edit on 13-8-2011 by pattonisit because: mikepattonisgod

edit on 13-8-2011 by pattonisit because: godismikepatton

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

So what do you think?

In my mind I want to say that they wouldnt leave an illegal dump line so exposed.....some one would bring this up....NISA....USA. Then I remember where I am and think, yeah, it could be that blatant. If it is, it shows that NISA, METI and any country with satelite capabilities and a half assed intelligence community, knows what Tepco is doing and doesnt care. I know I shouldnt be surprised.

Good work AC. Once again way ahead of the curve.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Thanks AC. These are the most important buildings daniero. Its still might be hard to read so I will try and find the original handout.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pattonisit

I seen this one time before,, there is a deep staircase there,, desending ,, downwards,,
seen the crane pull something ,, through the ground i thought,, then seen a "suit" and i dont mean the tie, kind,, walk up ,, then noticed,, stair case,

if thats what u mean,

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

J&C, must respectfully still disagree with the analysis of what happened to the 1/2 switching yard building damage. As described in previous post, the main components of the R3 debris field fell east of the 3/4 exhaust stack. That post also shows an explosion cloud emanating from the SY area.

The debris pattern as seen on top of the 3/4 SY tower and slope behind the SY building could only have come from something falling from above, which didn't come from 3.

If the damage we see below in the 1/2 SY building was caused by a shockwave from the R3 blast (and experts are still disagreeing as to whether there was even a shockwave associated with the R3 blast) it would be distributed further, ie the roof next to the tower would also contain debris on it.

Look at the photo posted. The debris field on the ground ends under the blown wall, with no debris above on the roof. This couldn't have come from a shockwave.

As before we agree to disagree yes.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Yeah, what she said.

edit on 13-8-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

We all remember this guy. I kept wondering if that crack just kept going ? Every question on this just seems to lead to more scrachin of the scruffy old head. We know at the other end of this drainage balcony is where the pumper was filling #2 inground pits with concrete. An updated pic of this area.

Sort of looks like the are caved in more, even though we know they poured concrete here too.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

i'm sorry, i have no idea what you mean, bob... i was referring to the crane action on the livecam, they're trying to hoist a huge load over or around # 1, but it kept getting stuck

here... www.tepco.co.jp...

anyway, it's still going on now, & it looks like they might be getting stuck yet again
edit on 13-8-2011 by pattonisit because: blah

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

edit: the thermal imagery shows most of the heat is from R3-4 and perhaps CSFP?. Majority of it actually.

It seems to me to be mostly emanating from the southend area from R4, to the bunker and CSFP. The bunker building is the L shaped building next to the EH (exhaust house, building west of 4stack that has all the pipes going in and out) where they recently had the leak of water that was as radioactive as any water on the plant, and they dont know where it came from last I checked. Thats also the area that theyve spotlighted many times and have had barricaded off since day one. R3, R4, EH, Bunker and the CSFP/SY is definately the hottest part of town.

edit on 13-8-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1009  1010  1011    1013  1014  1015 >>

join