It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1007.htm
<< 1004  1005  1006    1008  1009  1010 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Some Good News!! 1st phase Rice Test - 150 miles SW of Fuku

preliminary tests, the first to be carried out according to the farm ministry guidelines announced last Wednesday, showed its rice did not contain cesium of more than 200 becquerels per kg.

www.reuters.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

This is from a July 25th visit by IAEA stooges. Beside the road going down to the beach. I went back to ANN news, to try and find the video with the 20 seconds of film, where I grabbed all those new stills. It's gone! Are we surprised? 99% of the time they are filming stooges pointing out the window of the bus. Once in a while they actually point the camera at something of value and I grab it. To help you get your bearings of where this pit is, the next pic is a shot of the other side of the road going down to the beach.

One more from the same July 25 visit. The road going down to the treatment buildings south of #4

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

These all said Aug 2 but I don't see the yellow dust all over the reactor buildings, so I'm guessing this film was shot before that. Could the date be in that Japanese writing? Again 95% of the videos I see, show mafia stooges lyin or cryin, and of course bowing. I'm sure there is tons of footage we don't see. We can only hope that they slip up and point the camera somewhere they shouldn't. If they do...I boost it, and leave it to the gang here to glean some info off of. If I come across any new footage, I will post the videos as well...if I can. I still don't know how to post a video that has no = sign.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

So what do you think ? Is this something important, or nothing special ?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
(...)
That about says it all.

Greetings:

That is, until you see this.

(BTW, great effort on this thread and thank you for all you do; and, what about our boron lifespan question from a few posts back?)

We were asked to provide a "readable" version of this video for someone who could not view it.

Upon viewing the "print" version, we are more aghast.

Japanese Government Killing Its Link People in Fukushima‬‏

The video:

We humbly offer a translation here for all to see and comment on.

We almost feel that it is more irritating when one views it written, if that is possible.

On 19 July 2011, people in Fukushima had a meeting with government officals from Tokyo to demand that the government evacuate people promptly in Fukushima and provide financial and logistical support for them.

Also, they brought urine of children to the meeting and demanded that the government 
test it.

(The camera crew does not focus on the government shill - Akira Satoh, Director of the local Nuclear Emergency Response Headquarters - for a couple of frames in the beginning of the video.

His comments - such as they are - are highlighted in yellow.)

People:

Satoh:

The government has tried to reduce the radiation exposure dose as much as it can.

People:

You didn't answer his question!

People:

Satoh:

I don't know if they have that right.

People:

What?

You don't have that right, either?

People:

People:

Answer me!

You think that people in Fukushima have no human rights?

Do you mean that there is a difference in the radiation exposure standards between Fukushima prefecture and other prefectures?

Satoh:

People:

You didn't answer his question!

The government isn't applying a different standard to people in Fukushima, is it?

Satoh:

(And with that inane blunder, this jerk pushes the microphone away.)

People:

What ! ?

People:

People:

Please respond with a comment.

People:

Hold on to your hats!

He's back!

You just can't make this stuff up, folks!

Satoh:

Well, you are free to evacuate at your own risk, if you want to.

Who writes this guy's stuff?

Jay Leno's zoo?

Satoh:

"If people live in a safe place..." - priceless!

This is almost better than TEPCOSPEAK...

Just look at Satoh's countenance when he hears this next question!

People:

(Satoh has still has not looked up since 'emergency' question.)

People:

People:

People:

People:

Even the Soviet Union did that!

The Soviet Union evacuated 240,000 children in two weeks!

What on Earth has the government been doing in the last four months?

People (shouted loudly from crowd):

People:

Shame on you!

Why on Earth did you come here?

(Cut in audio and video to this next frame

People:

People:

People:

And then, these guys grabbed their stuff and skedaddled for the exit - with film crew chasing after them - and still they have no urine in hand!

No apologies, no looking the people in the eyes - just beating a hasty retreat!

What a bunch of bravo sierra!

People:

People:

They are awful!

This is so absurd!

(The crowd of people and film crew are now chasing these bozos and yelling epithets at them...)

People:

People:

People:

People:

Test this urine!

Why are you refusing?

Why are you refusing?

What do you think you are doing?

People:

People:

Please bring that urine with you!

Please!

People:

People:

People:

People:

Wait! The JapGov shills have slowed their pace and are speaking...

JapGovRep:

WTF !!! ???

People:

We would like you to bring it to the central government.

JapGovRep:

People:

What do you mean by that?

Don't you think that you should bring it with you?

They brought it here for you today, as they promised.

They brought it here for you today.

Why?

You have said before that if they brought urine you would test it, haven't you?

Haven't you?

People:

People:

Stop!

Stop!

Stop!

People:

People:

You shouldn't run away, should you?

Please communicate with us like people do!

What do you think you are doing?

People:

Finally, THE question is asked!

People:

The agony in this man's voice is almost too much to bear...

And then, the JapGov mouthpiece.

People:

Why is that?

People:

This last photo and question was the deal breaker for us.

The JapGov blatherskites then scurried away without taking the pleas - or the urine!

What say you, ATS community?

In Peace, Love & Light

and tearful prayers for our brothers and sisters and their children in Japan

tfw

edit on 10/8/2011 by thorfourwinds because: vid link
edit on 10/8/2011 by thorfourwinds because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Pathetic, isn't it? That's a rhetorical question by the way. What the deuce!?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Aircooled, Fabulous pictures!! But can you please post the links as to investigate more information?

Thanks!!
- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Greetings:

Not only intelligent - but mighty quick on the draw!

We like that...

Now, about that pesky boron depletion rate...

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Chris Busby in Japan Parts 1 and 2.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Fuku - Aug 1st through Aug. 10th...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

And some more unanswered questions.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Some of My screen grabs came from this May 27 IAEA vid.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

A few screen grabs came from this May 18 vid. If you want any from here let me know.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I went over the ANN site twice. That new 20 seconds of film is gone, Purple. They do use a short clip of it here. There is no = sign on their URL, so I am just copying and pasting the whole line.
www.youtube.com.../u/3/Ny9ToBlxGwc

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

IAEA visit July 25. Top 3 pics are from here, including the odd discharge pump. Does anybody know what the yellow dust on the walls of the reactors, in the newer footage is?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

TEPCO to begin building cover over Fukushima reactor Wed.

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- The operator of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant said Tuesday it will begin in earnest on Wednesday work to install a giant covering over the plant's No. 1 reactor, with plans to complete it by the end of next month. The covering, a tent-like structure made of steel frames and air-tight polyester sheets, is meant to prevent radioactive materials from spreading from the crippled reactor and stop rainwater from entering the reactor building, said Tokyo Electric Power Co. When completed, the covering will be between 42 and 47 meters long and about 54 meters high. About 60 components are being brought to the seaside plant via the Pacific. On Wednesday, a steel structure about 6.9 meters high that weighs about 30 tons is expected to be pulled up by a crane and installed at the southeast corner of the No. 1 reactor building.

Source

Evacuation advisory outside 20-km exclusion zone lifted

The government will lift an advisory that requires residents to be prepared for immediate evacuation in the areas outside the 20-km exclusion zone around the Fukushima No. 1 plant, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said Tuesday, marking progress in the fight to contain the crisis. The government will lift the advisory for five municipalities — the town of Hirono and some districts in Naraha, Kawauchi, Tamura and Minamisoma — after determining that the situation at the power plant is stable and the areas are now safe. Edano said at a news conference that the government will also allow evacuees from areas located within 3 km of the plant to return to their homes temporarily as well as business operators to visit their offices in the areas within this month.

Source

Govt inspection abilities stretched to limit

In Fukushima Prefecture, for example, some municipalities must check as many as 200 items for radioactive contamination. Many local governments complain they do not have time to inspect rice crops. Municipalities in Fukushima Prefecture have checked 80 vegetables, including cucumbers, green peppers and edamame. Additionally, they have checked 10 different fruits, 90 kinds of fish and seafood, as well as meat, eggs and milk since the March 11 disaster. Overall, they have conducted more than 4,000 inspections. Additionally, they have inspected soil, tap water, pasture grass, incinerated ash and sludge. Full-time inspections were even carried out on Saturdays and Sundays.

The prefecture has 12 germanium semiconductor detectors that cost 20 million yen each. It plans to purchase six more devices for rice inspection at the end of this month. But a prefectural government official is not sure whether they will have enough equipment to cover all areas that need inspecting.

"There is no telling how many sites will need to be inspected," he said.

An Akita prefectural government official in charge of agricultural policy also lamented the situation, saying: "We are in trouble. You can't give what you don't have."

The prefecture, known for its rice has only one germanium semiconductor detector. It takes six hours for the detector to check one sample. Checking rainwater and tap water radiation levels takes up 12 hours every day. In the meantime, inspections must be conducted on 15 items including chicken, watermelons and cucumbers.

The maximum number of food samples that can be checked a day is 10, the official said. If rice is added to the list, the checks will be beyond the capacity of the prefectural government, the official added.

Source

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Some Good News!! 1st phase Rice Test - 150 miles SW of Fuku

preliminary tests, the first to be carried out according to the farm ministry guidelines announced last Wednesday, showed its rice did not contain cesium of more than 200 becquerels per kg.

www.reuters.com...

- Purple Chive

What did it test at 199 becquerels. What a joke. Folks don't buy food from Japan. They can afford to import it for a change.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hello all
I was active in this thread back from day 1 up till somewhere about page 500-600 then had to drop out, just didn't have time to keep up..I want to thank you for keeping it going, from what I have read so far you all have done great work!!

Now unless someone has the cliff notes of this mess I have some reading ahead of me and will jump in when I have a grasp of things...

I can guess its.....Tepco still lying, covering up everything...
and radiation levels are still not harmful to humans etc...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Outgoing nuclear agency chief was aware of possible meltdown at Fukushima plant

"I thought the possibility (of a meltdown) cannot be ruled out," Terasaka said at a news conference. His comment drew close attention because a NISA spokesman in March was replaced shortly after he admitted such a possibility. The government said in June that the No. 1 to 3 reactor cores experienced meltdowns shortly after the March 11 natural disasters.

Asked about NISA's handling of the nuclear crisis, he said, "I am really sorry as a representative of a regulatory agency to know that many people have evacuated and are inconvenienced. There has been criticism about the results, but I have done my best." As for NISA's response to the loss of all of the Fukushima plant's power sources and the evacuation of residents near and around the stricken plant, Terasaka said only that an investigation committee is looking into those issues.

Source

Water treatment system enjoys record-high 77 percent operating rate

The operating rate of a radioactive water treatment system at the crippled Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant stood at a record 77.4 percent between Aug. 3 and 9 after the system became operational on June 28, Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) announced Aug. 10.

But Junichi Matsumoto, deputy chief of TEPCO's nuclear power division, said there may be a slight delay in achieving the utility's objective of treating radioactive water through the circulating injection cooling system within this year due to a series of mishaps. The plant operator said the system treated about 6,500 cubic meters during the Aug. 3-9 period, topping its target of 5,040 cubic meters, after it replaced a sludge-filled piping unit with a new one. But lightning and malfunctioned pumps temporarily stalled treatment operations, bringing the amount of contaminated water to 121,140 cubic meters as of Aug. 9, down by only 2,740 cubic meters from July 12. TEPCO said it plans to gradually raise the system's operating rate to 80 to 90 percent.

Source

Nuclear accident minister: Key to resolving plant crisis is workers' health, safety

The minister in charge of responding to nuclear accidents, Goshi Hosono, told the Mainichi in an interview that the key to resolving the crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant is maintaining the health and safe working conditions of workers at the plant. The following are questions and answers from the interview:

Further Reading

Hmmm!

Rice from town near Tokyo is radiation-free, tests show

Reuters) - Samples of rice grown in a town near Tokyo showed no radioactive materials when tested, officials said on Wednesday, a relief for farmers preparing to ship Japan's traditional food staple. Concerns over food safety have grown after radiation from the smashed Fukushima Daiichi power plant has leaked across northern and eastern Japan since March, the world's worst nuclear crisis in 25 years. Some local authorities are testing their rice to see if it contains too much cesium. Rice grown in the town of Tako in Chiba prefecture, 240 km (150 miles) southwest of Fukushima, was tested this week to determine if more stringent checks are needed after the town measured high radiation in the ground, local officials said. "The results are a relief, but we consider it as only part of the procedure to determine safety in rice consumption," said Shigetoshi Abe, a Chiba official in charge of food safety.
Source

Day 153, maybe we pass the first %?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
We all know what rice means to Japan. It is the most basic staple food in their diet. Are they really going to find excessive levels of radiation in their rice? No, I dont think so.

Somehow, I think there needs to be an independent monitor for this kind of thing. Of course, farmers who depend on this rice for their income and livlng will not want any radiation found either.

It is a difficult moral dilemma for people to feed their family (and ignore higher levels of radiation, knowing that it is likely to kill people who eat it) or to possibly find excessive radiation levels in their crop. Not a nice situation to be in.

top topics

<< 1004  1005  1006    1008  1009  1010 >>

join