It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1002.htm
<< 999  1000  1001    1003  1004  1005 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Japan's Industry Minister to Step Down After Nuclear Disaster

Bloomberg
The disaster at Fukushima capped decades of faked safety reports and fatal accidents in Japan's atomic industry. Kaieda said in a meeting with reporters yesterday that the dismissal of the ministry's top bureaucrat and the heads of agencies in charge ...www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Love You Man!! Awesome!
Thanks for all your contributions!
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

This is a screen cap from the 3/15 robot fly-over. I think we're looking at the North East corner of #3, here. This film must have been chopped a bit because it skipped from the roof of #4 to here, so I lost my bearings for a while. One of the other screen grabs I took, made me think this is the North wall of #3. I see hot spots. Who knows what the gang will catch ? I have a bunch more, and I do mean A BUNCH, so if the gang approves I thought I would put them out and add a couple of pages. The way videos are disappearing at least the stills can't be yanked and there will be a record. Also I'm sure some one will spot something. I just wanted to clear it with guys and gals first, in case you think it would be too much. Now on the gold and the BMW....Sorry, none of that layin around in the yard, Yuk Yuk Yuk.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Japanese parents live with radiation fear

In Fukushima city, home to 300,000 people, playgrounds are eerily quiet while children play indoors, one layer removed from the dangers of the atomic plant 60 kilometres (40 miles) away on the tsunami-ravaged coast. Most schools have banned children from playing football or baseball on outdoor fields or splashing around in swimming pools exposed to the sky. The windows of classrooms remain shut despite a summer heat wave. More than 300 children have left the city's elementary and junior high schools since April, says the education board in Fukushima, where town workers have been washing down the walls of school buildings.

Japan's radiation limit was raised from 1.0 to 20 millisieverts per year after Japan's worst quake on record triggered a tsunami that slammed into the Fukushima plant, triggering a series of meltdowns and explosions.

Source

More high radiation spots found / Levels of 5 and 10 sieverts detected near pipe at No. 1 nuclear reactor

A Packbot--a robot that measures radiation levels--that TEPCO sent to the second floor of the No. 1 reactor building detected a radiation level of 5 sieverts at a third location near the pipe that was used to vent steam from the containment vessel.
Source

NRC report downsizes estimates of deaths from nuclear plant meltdown

The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) in conjunction with Sandia National Laboratories has been working on a report to update and revise estimates of the number of people that would be killed or harmed as a result of a nuclear core meltdown at a plant in the United States. While currently still unavailable to the public, a copy of the report was obtained by the Union for Concerned Scientists, under the Freedom of Information Act; the group then gave a copy to the New York Times, which then ran a story on its findings. In the report, a work in progress over the past six years, the research team finds that previous estimates of the number of deaths likely to occur due to a meltdown, to be much higher than new evidence suggests; this because they believe the amount of cesium 137 released would be far less than was last estimated by the agency. After much study, the report suggests that only 1 to 2 percent of the cesium 137 in a reactor’s core would escape in a meltdown, as opposed to previous estimates of up to 60 percent.

This finding has led the researchers to believe that rather than 1 person in 167 (within a ten mile radius) likely developing a latent cancer over time, the number should be more like 1 in 4,348; and 1 in 6,250 for those within fifty miles, rather than 1 in 2,128.

Source

And good old Tepco said:

After the work, we activated the facility at 3:30 pm and restarted operation of the water treatment system at 4:13 pm. When we adjusted the flow rate of the system at 6:55 pm, a pump of the decontamination instruments was stopped and the whole water treatment system was shut down. We confirmed soundness of the pump and reactivated the system at 8:30 pm, and operation of the water treatment system was restarted at 8:50 pm. -At 2:12 am on August 5, a process alarm was activated and the water treatment system was shut down. At 4:03 am, the system was reactivated and the operation was restated at 4:21 am. -Around 7 pm on 8:04, we discovered water leakage from a flange of transfer hose of filtered water which is used to clean up salt in a vessel of the cesium adsorption instruments in the site bunker building. -At 10:00 am on August 5, we started water transfer of low level radioactive water from the outside temporary tank to the Mega-float.

edit on 5-8-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

This Looks Peculiar!!!

Crystal clear day in Fuku and suddenly fog/low level clouds?

1:23 into this capture!! Then 1:53 in...clears out...

Is TEPCO possibly deliberately boiling off excess water? The steam seems to be emanating from the same area we see the nightly light show.

This doesn't look normal folks. Something strange is going on... Weird!!

On Edit: Slowed down clips (same time periods):

- Purple Chive
edit on 5-8-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Something went Terribly Wrong with SARRY!!

I'm getting "Bent" folks. I have a gut feeling that after seeing the nightly "light shows" and then the recent huge emission of steam during daylight hours on a crystal clear day...and now this:

TEPCO Puts Off Trial Run of New Equipment at Fukushima N-Plant

Tokyo, Aug. 5 (Jiji Press)--Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Friday that it has postponed a trial run of new equipment for a system to treat highly radioactive water at its crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant. The test operation, initially slated for Saturday and Sunday, is now planned to be conducted in mid-August, TEPCO officials said. The company made the decision as it prioritizes work to decontaminate radioactive water at a building at a waste disposal facility at the plant, which was damaged by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami. The entire water treatment system needs to be suspended when the test operation is conducted. TEPCO also said that a leak of water totaling 700 liters was discovered Thursday evening inside another building at the waste disposal facility. But the leak was stopped later, and the water did not spill out of the building, the company said. (2011/08/05-15:34)

jen.jiji.com...

All is not well...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Plutonium - TEPCO, July 25 Soil Samples

"...are the same levels as that of measured fallouts in Japan in the cases of previous nuclear tests in the atmosphere. However, this can be considered to be caused by the nuclear accident at this time."

www.tepco.co.jp...

Warm and fuzzy!

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Sub-drains: Strontium-90, 7.9 Bq per cubic centimeter and 27 Bq/L Beta Particles Detected in Seawater

www.tepco.co.jp...

No update since April 2nd...when they found a crack... So is there a new crack?

At around 9:30 am on April 2, 2011, we detected water containing radiation dose over 1,000 mSv/h in the pit* where power supply cables are stored near the intake channel of Unit 2. Furthermore, there was a crack of about 20 cm length on the concrete lateral of the pit, from where the water in the pit was flowing out to the ocean. At around 12:20 pm on April 2, we reaffirmed the event at the scene. We have implemented sampling of the water in the pit of Unit 2, together with the seawater in front of the bar screen near the pit of Unit 2. These samples were sent to Fukushima Daini Nuclear Power Station for analyses.

On August 3, 2011, we conducted sampling of the seawater near the intake canal of Units 1 to 4...

And we analyzed Strontium in the seawater sampled on July 11. As a result, Strontium-89 and 90 were detected as described in the attachment. Accordingly, today we have summarized the results and reported them to NISA and the government of Fukushima Prefecture.

www.tepco.co.jp...

On edit ---- And on June 13th, 27 Beta particles Bq/L detected 30 meters North of discharge channel...

Also we analyzed Strontium in the seawater sampled on July 14, 2011, and total alpha and total beta rays in the seawater sampled on June 13 and 14, and as a result Strontium-89, 90 and total beta rays were detected as described in the attachment.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Really appreciate TEPCO's nonchalant and latent release of this information.

Sigh...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Cesium 137 in Seawater shoots up again at Units 1 - 4

www.tepco.co.jp...

Iodine 131 present...so fission still occurring!

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm not sure if Japanese beef has been recalled but people are still eating it everywhere.
It is radiated.

The ground in Tokyo has been having constant light ripple 1 second tremors spaced minutes apart for 3 days straight now. These ripples are up and down which indicates the movement is close to Tokyo.

I am unsure as to my own survival. I have reason to believe that I will survive considering I am in contact with my future self 30 years from now. But that could be an alternate world line. At any rate, I have a lot of advice to give for now.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Offtopic, sumimasen o kudasai!
edit on 5-8-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

Ren,

Japan just had another volcanic eruption today, this time SAKURAJIMA.

ds.data.jma.go.jp...
ds.data.jma.go.jp...

Shinmoedake has also been very active lately.

In the aftermath of the March 11 earthquake, underground volcanic activity spiked at 20 volcanoes throughout the country, including below Mt. Yakedake straddling Nagano and Gifu prefectures, Mt. Hakone on the border of Kanagawa and Shizuoka prefectures and Mt. Aso in Kumamoto Prefecture. Earthquakes that can be sensed by humans also occurred.

Mt. Fuji erupted 49 days after the Hoei Earthquake of 1707. A simulation conducted by Fujita showed that if a spherically shaped magma chamber with a radius of three kilometers existed 18 kilometers underground, movements in faults near the chamber would change its shape, squeezing out magma.

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Don't see any reports of disturbances for Fuji yet. Hope for no repeat of 1707 Hoei quake.

Beware...and take care!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It is physically impossible to stop the criticality of the plutonium and uranium in Japan.

President Obama should call in a B-2 Strike Package to get rid of the criticality event with a nuclear explosion.

Failure to do so.....mmmm if the ants aren't eating fruit and pineapples.......I don't think people will be able to eat it for a very very long time.

Obama needs to do something and fast. If we have to nuke reactors that have gone critical to save humankind...then so be it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Why do you think that all 4 Units will return critically?
Afaik only the Fuel-Pools in Unit 4. give the Tepco People an strong Headache!

I am surprised, since many Weeks, that the Situation is as good as it look alike

What is the Benefit when we Nuke the Nuke, so close to the Sea?
There will be an Onsen for the rest of our, already limited, Time
edit on 5-8-2011 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

The eruptions have got me a little worried. Fuji is still not active as of yet. However, there was a 6.1 quake in Shizuoka 10 kilometers deep a few days ago. I felt that hopping in Tokyo for 30 seconds quite strongly.

I believe this shuddering under me is the movement and burning of lava deep in the ground. Most can't feel it unless they get on their bellies. Then they can feel the rippling quite distinctly.

There is also a continuous low barely audible roar. It sounds like car traffic, though there are no cars outside this late at night.

Several things could happen that are repeats of history. Fuji could shoot up ash covering Tokyo with a thin coat of ash. That will be enough to scare people into abandoning the city.
Tokyo could have a shallow quake and many buildings will crack. This will scare people out of the city.
And or Tokyo could have a shallow quake leveling a lot of buildings. A few big ones will probably still stand up.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999

There is also a continuous low barely audible roar. It sounds like car traffic, though there are no cars outside this late at night.

Are you relative close to Tokyo-Wan (ca. 20Km Circle)
because once i checked this up and this Noise is coming from the hundreds of Ships
in the Harbors of Yokosuka, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Tokyo and Chiba!
They have ca. 500 big Ships daily, day and night, moving in and out!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

Ren,

In the aftermath of the March 11 earthquake, underground volcanic activity spiked at 20 volcanoes throughout the country, including below Mt. Yakedake straddling Nagano and Gifu prefectures, Mt. Hakone on the border of Kanagawa and Shizuoka prefectures and Mt. Aso in Kumamoto Prefecture.

Earthquakes that can be sensed by humans also occurred.

Commenting on the cause of this phenomenon, the Meteorological Agency said: "Magma chambers below the volcanoes were shaken by seismic waves, causing gases in magma to create magma bubbles. This resulted in earthquake swarms."

He has researched how the gravitational pressure from rocks around the magma chamber of Mt. Fuji changed in the aftermath of the March 11 earthquake compared with that before the disaster.

But Fujita assumes that the deformation would not be enough to create significant movement of magma.

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

I believe this shuddering under me is the movement and burning of lava deep in the ground. Most can't feel it unless they get on their bellies. Then they can feel the rippling quite distinctly. There is also a continuous low barely audible roar. It sounds like car traffic, though there are no cars outside this late at night.

Wow Ren...this is scary....

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

SUSPICIOUS!!! Lights out and look at all the steam!!

This is not fog rolling in!! There is major steam being emitted from the same area as we have been witnessing the "light show", and with the lights out it is even more evident.

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

U.N. leader to visit Fukushima nuclear zone

The visit has made Japanese officials nervous as lethal hotspots were detected at the crippled nuclear plant this week, with radiation so high that it would kill a person within weeks if they were exposed to it for one hour. A food safety crisis is widening, with beef shipments banned from four regions over the past two weeks after meat was found to be contaminated with cesium that rained onto the hay that the animals were fed.

Japan Today

edit on 5-8-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

SUSPICIOUS!!! Lights out and look at all the steam!!

- Purple Chive

Now the Plant is vanished, good.

Japanese Magic

new topics

top topics

<< 999  1000  1001    1003  1004  1005 >>

join