Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Looking for it now, havent found it yet, but found this!
translate.googleusercontent.com...://www.yomiuri.co.jp/science/news/20110312-OYT1T00235.htm%3Ffrom%3 Dmain7&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhiN_m_kSa_6HPIeDcjZy5iwXIZ1zw
"Yamada Tetsurou WASHINGTON - The massive earthquake East, the time required for one rotation of the Earth found that was believed to be as short as 16 seconds - 10 million. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Dr. Richard Gross (Geophysics) was calculated.

Work with large crustal earthquake, the earth's axis shifted slightly. Change and rotation so as to change the shape of the frame, the earth's rotation is affected by the earthquake, and accelerated rotation is considered."
And
translate.googleusercontent.com...://www.yomiuri.co.jp/science/news/20110312-OYT1T00387.htm%3Ffrom%3 Dmain4&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhhnxRSTPVFg8mA_dQeGlCv5UtsiUQ - "Emergency Fukushima Daiichi Unit 1 nuclear power plant began operation reduce the pressure in the containment vessel, found that 12 days has reached the danger zone than expected initial damage NISA, METI or.

According to documents released by the government's disaster headquarters, was expected at the worst time of 10 pm yesterday, the No. 2 nuclear reactor water level is abnormally reduced. On the assumption that the decline in water level, exposing the fuel rods, fused. In the worst case, during normal operation of the containment pressure reaches 1.3 times of 527.6 kPa, was drawing a scenario to avoid the release of the steam explosion. In fact, the water level is stable, the release was required.

The fuel was in danger of injury, was actually No. 1. 12 at 2:30 am, the pressure in the containment, the normal 2.1 was confirmed that he had reached 840 kPa times. Far more than expected, even though it was strange things going on melting of the fuel. " Some very interesting stuff in there
edit on 11-3-2011 by strangeness because: Added short article desc.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

True that, but so far information has been very hard to come by and so sketchy id recommend anyone to dress up and walk into their locale airforce base or whatever and ponder off with the satellite data, including thermal data etc. since all nations with half a sat in space be looking at this now anyway. Its probably just we the public thats left scrambling to put the pieces together.... And to top it off things like the bbc were still reporting hillary had flown coolant in hours after this was known not to be the case. Just to mention one example.

edit on 11-3-2011 by strangeness because: Typing

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
japan may as well have godzilla stomping all around smashing stuff right now the place is trashed

www.thesun.co.uk...
edit on 11-3-2011 by AdonisDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by strangeness

I'm sorry, but maybe it's just getting late. But, I totally didn't understand what you were getting at - at all - with that last post?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

It's posted here for now ...
The "Ruby Slipper's" Method
All thread participants are credited (including but not limited to all of "jude11's" network of aliases / bots)
edit on 2011-3-11 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

That makes two of us, i might have missed the point. Early morning here now. NVM it

This is new.
"But a continuing power outage delayed plans to release the vapor and ease pressure at Fukushima Daiichi's No. 1 reactor." montreal.ctv.ca...

edit on 11-3-2011 by strangeness because: I dont want more unessesary posts

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Was going to go to bed, but now I'm reading about fuel rods being exposed.

Damn :

Nuclear plant safety committee confirmed reactor core now exposed 1.7meter above water, speculating now fuel rod has started to melt. #Japan

twitter.com...

Anyone else getting reports of this?
edit on 11-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by strangeness

LOL, it was over my head, too, but the Hillary part-----I'm with you on that. WTF was that about? Why did she think we had done that if we didn't, and if we did, why did the White House deny it later? Why would our immediate help to an ally in a nuclear emergency be bad, regardless of formal protocol being filed or not? Some CNN person was talking about how we have to get formal permission before we can help anyone, which slows our aid down, but jeez----I can't see any diplomatic spats over a breach of protocol on this one? So what's the deal with the conflicting info between the Sec of State and WH?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
sorry left out the news story , it says "terrified kids screamed "Godzilla! Godzilla!" as the huge quake tossed their school around like a child's toy" ive got like 10 web pages open at once

link terrified kids screamed "Godzilla! Godzilla!" as the huge quake tossed their school around like a child's toy
edit on 11-3-2011 by AdonisDNA because: (no reason given)

www.thesun.co.uk...
edit on 11-3-2011 by AdonisDNA because: link added

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Apparently it's NHK reporting that fuel rods have started to melt at Fukushima 1.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Whoa:

Radioactive emergency team dispatched
The health ministry has sent an emergency medical team to the Fukushima No.1 nuclear plant in northeastern Japan in case people should be exposed to radiation. The team left the National Institute of Radiological Sciences in Chiba City, near Tokyo, on a Self-Defense Force helicopter at 8:10 AM on Saturday. The group consists of doctors, nurses, and experts on radiation measurement. The team is now getting ready at a nuclear disaster response center, located about 5 kilometers from the power plant. Saturday, March 12, 2011 13:09 +0900 (JST)

Link

Also, same site: venting from 4 reactors now total. Not sure if that's new or I misread it as two before?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Was going to go to bed, but now I'm reading about fuel rods being exposed.

Damn :

Nuclear plant safety committee confirmed reactor core now exposed 1.7meter above water, speculating now fuel rod has started to melt. #Japan

twitter.com...

Anyone else getting reports of this?

I got this from @Reuters on Twitter 15 minues ago:

FLASH: #Japan nuclear authorities say high possibility of meltdown at Fukushima Daiichi No. 1 reactor - Jiji

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

That appears to be somewhat along the lines of what my previous post said, www.abovetopsecret.com... the second translated one, so i guess it begins. Kind of a hard read the translation, you need to piece it together... But it appears to say something like that... And either way i wouldnt doubt it, thanks and good night.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AdonisDNA

I wonder if there will be a photo-shopped version of this picture showing-up on the 'net now with Godzilla added to it ...
Image looking out window in Japan
Not that anyone should do that. That would be incredibly callous.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangeness
reply to post by Hitoshura

That appears to be somewhat along the lines of what my previous post said, www.abovetopsecret.com... the second translated one, so i guess it begins. Kind of a hard read the translation, you need to piece it together... But it appears to say something like that... And either way i wouldnt doubt it, thanks and good night.

Sorry, I missed that, getting tired now.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

I'm looking at the verified @reuters account right now, and no such reports. Remember, it's apparently really easy for some to imitate an account and post false stuff. There are like 30 @charliesheen accounts that look like they're legitimately posting from @charliesheen, but they're not. Don't ask me how they do this.

Can you post a direct tweet from @reuters or whatnot and not a retweet?

ETA: that last line sounded b**chy, and I didn't mean it to be. LOL, sorry!
edit on 11-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Apparently it's NHK reporting that fuel rods have started to melt at Fukushima 1.

Wow. This is really getting to be "worst-case-scenario".

Totally having TMI flash-backs here.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I literally just got a notification on my AP app on my phone saying along the lines that a meltdown is possible. Fox news posted something(no link yet its on main page) along same lines.

It looks like its going to get worse. Plus the EQ's are still going on.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I wonder how these events will effect the worlds perceptive of nuclear energy, if it changes at all.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If im not mistaken wikileaks had a video from inside this nuclear reactor where they had fires in the past. It was a leaked video. Wikileaks does not have the website set up the way it used to be so I can't find the video.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join