<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Part Two available here:

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.guardian.co.uk

The Japanese government has declared a nuclear power emergency situation following Friday's devastating earthquake,
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3/11/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

Further information about this situation is available to read in these closed threads:
edit on Sat Mar 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)
edit on Wed Sep 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
hopefully this thread wont get deleted as this is all over the news channels!!!!
The Japanese government has declared a nuclear power emergency situation following Friday's devastating earthquake, although the prime minister, Naoto Kan, said that there had been no reports of radiation leaks at any of the country's nuclear facilities.
they are having problems cooling the fuel rods in the nuclear reactor.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Not to say it will actually take place but what happens during a nuclear meltdown?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

I think this is one of those disasters that will be remembered for quite a long time as the full effects have not yet hit.

The Tsunami waves approaching the west coast of the states sound like they might be dangerous. They are due to hit in around 30mins from now (Hawaii).

If I was there, I would be leaving.

I dont know much about nuclear reactors but I reckon this would be catastophic on top of whats already been disastrous. It would be difficult to coordinate when theres flooding everywhere and damage.
edit on 11-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

link   
BBC news just reported that the fire at the nuclear plant is out. Panic over hopefully.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Just been listening to the talking heads discussing this.. a dreadful worry, tho not sure how bad this is or if it'll lead to something like the melt down at Chernobyl (spelling?)

I hope the emergency systems are not damaged.. keeping everything crossed this amounts to nothing more than a fright.

ETA Awful spelling
edit on 11/3/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Japan media reporting authorities have changed mind, now asking thousands living near the Fukushima nuke plant to evacuate.

This from Steve Herman's twitter feed
from 30 seconds ago.

twitter

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I don't think the nuclear disaster here will be anything close to what has happened in the past, comparing this incident to the others will In my opinion not be very accurate given the new safety measures implemented for such plants.

Of course, regardless of that, they have been hit with three major disasters. That's insane.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Not to say it will actually take place but what happens during a nuclear meltdown?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Japan media reporting authorities have changed mind, now asking thousands living near the Fukushima nuke plant to evacuate.

This from Steve Herman's twitter feed
from 30 seconds ago.

twitter

David Grouchy

yep they have started to evacuate locals
URGENT: 2,000 residents near Fukushima nuclear plant advised to evacuate!
english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
If you read the whole news article anywhere on the net it will say that there is no imminent danger. And the power plants are shut down. There is no cause for concern yet so lets try to keep things nice and honest and dont start using allot of exclamation marks ( if you know what I mean )

I'm hoping the aftershocks won't cause any more severe damage... The nuclear power plants may be ok, but the people aren't

-------

Wait no there is a concern? man news goes fast... Hope it's just a precaution.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reading this thread just made this pop into my head...

"you know, if HAARP was going to ever induce a quake on US soil like the Madrid Fault line, today would be the perfect day to do it..." everyone is concerned with 'everything Japan' right now, and waiting for the tsunami to hit the west coast which would give them the perfect opportunity to set something off when everyone's looking the opposite way...

people would also link it to the Japan earthquake, and the 'supermoon'....

hmmm my sister is fly back to Canada today from working in Houston all week. i hope she gets the hell out of that region before anything happens...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doyle
BBC news just reported that the fire at the nuclear plant is out. Panic over hopefully.

Watching it on Sky News now.

Basically, there were 2 incidents.

One facility was on fire, but that was only in the steam generating room. That is what is actually out now.

It is the Fukushima Nuclear Plant which has problems with a reactor. They shut it down, but the water pumps have packed in and won't pump cooling water to the reactor core, hence the evacution of 2000 locals.

Rueters are just reporting that water levels are 'dropping' - that REALLY sounds serious....

on a different note:

My best mate's brother lives in Tokyo with his wife. I've yet to hear anything from them.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfcomplex
If you read the whole news article anywhere on the net it will say that there is no imminent danger. And the power plants are shut down. There is no cause for concern yet so lets try to keep things nice and honest and dont start using allot of exclamation marks ( if you know what I mean )

I'm hoping the aftershocks won't cause any more severe damage... The nuclear power plants may be ok, but the people aren't

-------

Wait no there is a concern? man news goes fast... Hope it's just a precaution.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

im not trying to scare anyone , im just repeating what the news channels are saying .
also my heart and prayers goes out to anyone affected by the earthquaqe and tsunami .

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by robrobby

Yeah it's a real worry robrobby. Japan would struggle to absorb a Chernobyl type incident. The ramifications of which would be far worse than a h-bomb.

IRM

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Apparently there are problems with three nuclear plants. The one in Onagawa, where they had the fire, has a broken cooling system, which could have extremely hazardous consequences, according newssites.
The other damaged plants are in Sendai and Fukushima.

Until now it's said no radiaton came free. Yet, thousands are to be evacuated from the area of Onagawa.
I have to excuse the link is in Dutch, but it's frequently updated news and the source for my info, so: Link
And another update
edit on 11/3/11 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I spoke to friends in Japan. 3km evacuated around the Fukushima nuclear plant. They are having touble keeping the core cooled down, the water cooling system is having problems after the quake. Potential meltdown if not resolved. People are very concerned.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Here is a map of Japan's nuclear plants from the International Nuclear Safety Center.
This could get quite serious- hope it doesn't though.

www.insc.anl.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
From Steve Herman twitter (Bureau Chief/Correspondent of Voice of America based in Seoul) :

11 mn ago : Situation at Fukushima nuke plant growing increasingly worrying. Evac order now covers 3,000. Sr. gov't & defense officials ordered to scene
edit on 11/3/11 by digit78 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix is on-air in 15 minutes.
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def