It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

February US budget deficit highest ever for any month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Source:
Link

The government ran the largest-ever budget deficit for a single month in February. The shortfall kept this year's annual deficit on pace to end as the biggest in U.S. history.

Not good, so many cuts everywhere yet deficit is still growing. The interest rate is really low, therefore servicing the US debt could also increase in the future..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Where the hell is all this money going?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I do not know mate! I wonder if this has anything to do with servicing the existing debt. It looks like most of the countries are increasing taxes, reducing benefits and expenses yet go into larger and larger deficits. Maybe your local elected politician would have a hint on where the money is going. If this deficit crisis is caused by the existing debt, it would be an exponential function, therefore the deficit will be an "all time high" all the time...If this happens, I would say that the country lost the ability to control the debts. Maybe some people active in the finance world could give it a try and explain to us what is happening in here..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
PS: the only way to get the economy afloat would be a change in the shopping behaviour - people to buy more local stuff instead of buying imported goods. Of course, imported goods could be cheaper but in the end people will pay with their jobs and their future just for getting some cheaper products.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It was higher then all of the year 2007 combined! give me som of dat obama moneys

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Everyone keeps the eye on Japan but this deficit news is big news!

US deficit for the month of February, 2011 was $223 billion

The U.S. federal budget deficit for fiscal year 2007 was about $161 billion, or 1.2% of gross domestic product .

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wow, that's a ton of money! But, eh that's what you get when we have the bank robbers in charge of the bank! We get what we deserve. "We the People" are being mislead by the media and our government. The average American has no idea the reality of their circumstance. This is not an accident. Civics courses are gone from our public schools. The electorate has no concept of their place in history, nor the importance of the Constitution. They do not value their freedom enough to recognize tyranny. They are willing to trade the burden of freedom for the privilege of the market and it's quasi-religion "Consumerism."

Give them liberty, or give them an iPhone. Either one will do.

join