It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witnessing the 8.9 Japan Earthquake! Straight from Japan, UPDATE: 74 Dead 244 Injured 44 Missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I'm going by the time in Tokyo, Japan.
63 Dead 244 Injured As of 9:10 PM, 3/11/11
74 Dead 244 Injured As of 9:45 PM, 3/11/11
74 Dead 244 Injured 44 Missing As of 9:52 PM, 3/11/11

Update: 8:18 PM Just felt another small aftershock. My family is getting ready to run down, we have emergency kits ready. We're getting scared.
Update: 8:22 PM Another stronger aftershock. Woo
Update: 8:39 PM Another aftershock.
Update: 8:48 PM Another aftershock. I have to use the restroom so badly, I'm too scared a major one will happen while I am. Lol.
Update: 8:58 PM Small aftershock.
Update: 9:09 PM Another aftershock
Update: 9:14 PM Strong Aftershock. My family is preparing...

Alright.
I'm currently living in Japan, near Tokyo.

Well, I was taking a test in Math after school, then boom. An earthquake hit, the whole entire building was shaking so we all ran out (we were all on the second floor) and went out to the open field. The entire field was shaking, the ground was shaking. It felt so unreal.

We live 45 minutes away from my house. We take buses to get to school (We live in American bases)

This is crazy. So many aftershocks came right after.

We ended up staying at a teen center (Center with games, study centers, computers, etc) for 30 minutes. Once we came in (just to use the restroom) they would not let us leave, for safety reasons. We were there waiting for a 4:00pm bus, for after school. We were impatient and dumb and decided to leave and go walk ourselves (which means going off-base and walking all the way to the other base)

We ended up seeing the bus, and they let us ride it.

With a sign of relief, I finally said "Yes" in my head and thought everything was good. I was wrong.

I fell asleep, and woke up about an hour later. We were stuck. In traffic. All the train stations were shut down, cell phones weren't working, all communication has been shut down basically, unless you were lucky if your connection miraculously came through.

Everyone had told me we were stuck in the same spot for over 45 minutes.

We all waited and waited until the bus riders forced the bus monitor and bus driver to let some of us out, it's against the rules, but some of us just went. Half of the bus left and half of the bus stayed. I left.

I ended up walking all the way back to my house, it was crazy. No one could get anywhere. The streets are filled with people on bikes trying to get home, cars trying to get somewhere, it was major traffic. The bus as I speak is still in the same spot trying to get back to the old base where they came from, not where they're trying to go to. They have to sleep at the school now.

Right now I am currently at my house, wishing for the best. It is scariest up here (I live in the seventh floor in a tower house.)

Please hope for the best of us all. We are afraid.

I will try to update you guys with what I actually experience while this is still happening, it is unreal. I feel like something bad will still happen. Rumors are still going around that more things will still happen.

I'll be online for quite awhile, questions that I can answer will be answered.

News are filled with this stuff. It really is crazy. Today felt like one of those "end of the world" movies.

Thanks for reading, right now I'm going by the quote, "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

I just posted this to tell all you ATS'ers my experience, and I'll be willing to share more as they come.

edit on 11-3-2011 by iAnjo because: Updating

edit on 11-3-2011 by iAnjo because: Update

edit on 11-3-2011 by iAnjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Glad you are safe!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawk777th

Thank you! I am too, and I pray for all the people who are currently witnessing too...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Thanks for your input. Please stay safe.
Do you have access to local news reports?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Stay safe, our thoughts from the UK are with you guys. Feeling so helpess

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
be safe!
praying for you too. in fact, praying for japan!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

If another one happens while you are using the bathroom, you can start a new thread.

...so I was taking a dump when....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Yes, however they are in Japanese. Unfortunately, I can't speak nor understand japanese. We're watching CNN and I'm getting updated by friends on Facebook.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

reply to post by cjdust

Thank you! We're doing good atm, (where i live)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

Lol clever idea, however an aftershock happened before I went

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It wont let me update on the orginal post anymore.

Update: 10:18 PM Strong Aftershock.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wow, man i hope you're ok.
Please keep updating this thread, news over here (s. america) are confusing at best.
Good luck brother

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Won't let me update anymore

Thanks though!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Our thoughts are with you and your family, and of course all the people of Japan. Thank you for the updates. Be safe.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Much appreciated, thank you..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Stay calm and use your head. Worst thing you can do while everything around you is going crazy is to panic. I wish you and your family nothing but the best, stay safe. Thanks for all your updates as well, what are you hearing locally about the Nuclear Power Plants in the area. Is there a meltdown taking place? explosions? Any information you can give us would be unbelievably helpful. The news here in the USA, as well as ATS, is very contradicting and confusing.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Guys my family is finally realizing the danger of what is happening. Hopefully they'll want to do something about it...these past few days have been CRAZY.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

We're getting mixed news too. First it was meltdown, explosion, then not leaking. It looks like you can't rely on anything, we're just hoping it won't rain. We just can't trust the news atm but if anything breaking goes down I'll inform you guys.

top topics

join