It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue/Teal flashes lighting up Melbourne sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Ok, its about 9:42 pm here in Melbourne and i was just looking out the window while watching tv and saw the entire sky flash bluish green, the flashing appeared to come from east, around where the Dandenong ranges are. Ive seen this exact same thing a few months ago and also a couple years ago, it always happens about 2 - 5 times and i know its not lightning because its a clear night and so were all the other times id seen it, any ideas on this or anyone else see it please respond, my thoughts are maybe theirs military training going on round there but im not sure.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
fire works at the pre season afl final?

what side of melb are you located?

or it could be Aurora Australis from the the latest solar activity

edit on 11-3-2011 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Maccaron.Shakaron

I'm about 5 clicks from Mt Dandy i haven't seen anything but i will
keep an eye out

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Im in sydney and i can see flashing aswell, But i think its a storm coming or passing..

The flash is of a yellowish tinge i think when i last looked out the window.

I live near military grounds, and i can hear low flying planes often... but yeah as i said, i think the flashing has something to do with a storm somewhere far away..

Maybe what you are seeing is a storm far away also?

Oh actually i just saw another flash, and this time it was actually blue looking.
edit on 11/3/2011 by M2298 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
weird thing around 8 pm on the east coast of the USA in Pennsylvania my buddy and I both stared in wonder at a turquoise flash which lit up the sky, but there was no visible bolt. It has been raining here all day, but there was no hail, and it wasn't raining very hard at the time. I've never seen turquoise lightning before.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Magnospheric activity due to Earthquake , secondline .

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Power grid transformer going off. Classic symptom desciption... !

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
me and my mate just seen the sky light up blue to the east towards the ocean, i am situated in newcastle, nsw ,australia, there is stars out and it is fairly clear.

wonder what all these sightings are?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
You may want to look into this old thread about what you are seeing.www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have seen them about a year ago ,very strange about six in a row like a giant camera flash lighting up the sky.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by oddnutz

well im on the north side of melbourne and im 99.9% sure that it was no firework, it looked more like a giant laser effect.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

hey thanks a lot for the link, i noticed someone on there was talking about heat or summer lightning being the cause, that sounds pretty interesting.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
stereo.ssl.berkeley.edu... Want to make a connection ? You have to see this now ! Live feed

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Maybe something like this?

Geomagnetic storm

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Which time zone does that go by and also i don't really understand it, can you explain.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by M2298

Which way were the flashes coming from? If it was east then we were probably seeing the same thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Maybe you can see this from over the bay...

hilite.com.au..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

Yes it kind of looked like an aurora type thing, but it was very fast and frequent

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This Auroras are mainly for US as far as I understand this....

"Earth's magnetic field is still reverberating from a CME strike on March 10th. During the past 24 hours, Northern Lights have descended as far south as Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan in the United States."

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Here's a pic I found on spacewheather.comNorther n Lights

I can't believe I missed out on seeing this.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maccaron.Shakaron

South east direction.

It seemed to be getting closer, and at one point it seemed as if the blue flash was right above my area. I went away for a bit and when i looked again i could no longer see any flashing for the rest of the night.

What about you? Did it seem like it was moving in any direction?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join