It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Currently Watching Sun's Activity: Is It Normal The Sun Looks Like It's About To Blow?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
www.vukcevic.talktalk.net...

Can't really add much, that link says a LOT ... with pictures.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga

Originally posted by spiderbadarse
I was viewing stereo.ssl.berkeley.edu... and went out side. I looked directly in to the sun and saw no correlation. The sun is obviously exploding on the internet, but as I stare directly in to I see nothing. This whole thing is load of crap. How can any one believe these fools, when you can look right in to the sun with your eyes and not see a single explosion. I'm sick of the convoluted lies I get from this highly respected forum

because...you shouldn't be looking at the sun and expecting to see something 93 million miles away?
edit on 11-3-2011 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2011 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

All I can tell you is the moon has been moving closer and close to the earth, and I can see that, but when i look in to the sun I cant see any of this crap. I've looked directly in to the sun with both my left and right eye closed, and nothing. This is all rubbish.
edit on 11-3-2011 by spiderbadarse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

I KNOW! From the sound of it, we'll be lucky if there's a Sun to Rise!

There was a famous thread here that gave a 'heads up at Yellowstone'. It had all the right elements for panic, and subsequent S and F's. Even after gaining hoax status, readers continued to pile on the points. Someone there said early on: come on, admit it...who S and F'd this one?

I'm not saying that this thread had that intent. I guess I live for that pocket of the day where everyone loses their mind. The whole 'Sun blowing up' thing is so retro, like back in the day when all the crazies came out of their boxes whenever the weather got stormy, before al gore gained status, and no one blamed 'global warming'. You could tell that a storm was afoot when you saw them running around in sunny weather, wearing long coats, scarves, tongues lolling somewhat.... It was something outside our control, therefore voluptuous.

You work the pedals. I'll steer.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiderbadarse
I was viewing stereo.ssl.berkeley.edu... and went out side. I looked directly in to the sun and saw no correlation. The sun is obviously exploding on the internet, but as I stare directly in to I see nothing. This whole thing is load of crap. How can any one believe these fools, when you can look right in to the sun with your eyes and not see a single explosion. I'm sick of the convoluted lies I get from this highly respected forum

Umm are upi f*cking nuts? We are watching SOLAR RADIATION activity on the sun that has been captured by a special telescope that can SEE and MEASURE radiation. You can't SEE radiation. If you cared to actually look at the link that was given which takes you right to the page showing the solar activity on the sun you.... well actually if you did that you probably would have had a heart attack seeing as how the comment you posted is beyond mental retardation.....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
reply to post by loagun

I KNOW! From the sound of it, we'll be lucky if there's a Sun to Rise!

There was a famous thread here that gave a 'heads up at Yellowstone'. It had all the right elements for panic, and subsequent S and F's. Even after gaining hoax status, readers continued to pile on the points. Someone there said early on: come on, admit it...who S and F'd this one?

I'm not saying that this thread had that intent. I guess I live for that pocket of the day where everyone loses their mind. The whole 'Sun blowing up' thing is so retro, like back in the day when all the crazies came out of their boxes whenever the weather got stormy, before al gore gained status, and no one blamed 'global warming'. You could tell that a storm was afoot when you saw them running around in sunny weather, wearing long coats, scarves, tongues lolling somewhat.... It was something outside our control, therefore voluptuous.

You work the pedals. I'll steer.

When I make threads the intent is for me whatever question I asked to be answered by at least one sane person from this forum...lol. I couldn't care less about S&F's, and in fact I don't even know what the point of them are, or what purpose they serve.
)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Um I have 20/12 vision, most people have less than 20/20. I was looking directly in to the sun, I think i would be able to tell. Fool
edit on 11-3-2011 by spiderbadarse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spiderbadarse

That's really bad. I mean, really really.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

you're going to need a little more than 20/20 vision to see solar radiation and solar flares exploding off of the sun from billions of miles a way. It takes HOURS for the light from he sun to reach earth so why you're expecting to see something that can't POSSIBLY be seen with the naked eye no matter how good your vision is is ridiculous. But apparently trying to explain this to you is like talking to a brick wall....which would probably have more intelligence

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Whomever made the comment that you should not stare directly into the Sun is right on. You run the risk of a specific type of retinal damage called solar retinopathy, cataracts, and even loss of vision.

You also wouldn't be able to see the flares.

Solar Retinopathy

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by onyx718

you're going to need a little more than 20/20 vision to see solar radiation and solar flares exploding off of the sun from billions of miles a way. It takes HOURS for the light from he sun to reach earth so why you're expecting to see something that can't POSSIBLY be seen with the naked eye no matter how good your vision is is ridiculous. But apparently trying to explain this to you is like talking to a brick wall....which would probably have more intelligence

Hours? did you even go to school? it takes 8 minutes

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It seems like when I look at the sun lately it is more "glary" if that is a word..ha...glarry glares...it is hard to even glance its way lately.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Stare into the sun today?I think you will be scarred for life. I have never ever seen the sun as bright and as big as it was today.

Is the sun are we having a "supersun" at the same time we are having a "supermoon'. Sure seemed like it today

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

It's all dependent on the rotation. When we orbit close to the sun it's more prominent and brighter. So best time to look at it would be around winter when we are further from it. Although saying that, I would not encourage anyone to look at it with bare eyes.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

X-FLARE: March 9th ended with a powerful solar flare. Earth-orbiting satellites detected an X1.5-class explosion from behemoth sunspot 1166 around 2323 UT. A movie from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory shows a bright flash of UV radiation plus some material being hurled away from the blast site

The CME's could be seen by people of lower northern plains with the naked eye. Minnesota,Wisconsin and North Dakota. Sun is doing it's normal thing, but once in a while we get a very beautiful yet scary light show..

UPDATE (March 10 @ 1800 UT): Newly-arriving coronagraph data from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory show no bright CME emerging from this eruption. Some material was surely hurled in our direction, but probably not enough for significant Earth-effects.

After four years without any X-flares, the sun has produced two of the powerful blasts in less than one month: Feb. 15th and March 9th. This continues the recent trend of increasing solar activity, and shows that Solar Cycle 24 is heating up. NOAA forecasters estimate a 5% chance of more X-flares during the next 24 hours

Spaceweather

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join